Account-Bound Precursors as PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

So it’s season 3. I know there was already a forum post about adding things to the League Vendor, but I’m assuming it’s buried under all of the posts crying about their MMR.

Many seasoned PvPers have already gotten their legendary back pieces and I’m already (supposedly -.-) getting a mini llama from the AG tournament I was a finalist in, so I don’t need one…

Can we get account bound, old (non-HoT), legendary weapon precursors for the PvP vendor? Since you are too busy to make new armor skins/legendary weapons/legendary armor, can we get something that’s already preexisting in the game?
The only reason PvPers get legendary weapons are for the skins and not the stats. It would be an excellent incentive for PvP players to venture out into the world and play more of the game. I certainly would play more (and spend more money on the gem store on gold ;p), if I had a precursor…

Make it like 250 league tickets or something. That would take a good 2-3 PvP seasons of hitting legendary to get there, so 3-4 months of PvP if you count the breaks between seasons.
Personally, I will be at 175 at the end of this season when I hit legendary and I have hit legendary twice already. I also have farmed my legendary backpiece, so it will still take me 2 more seasons to get to 250. These precursors would be unfarmable because you can’t get League Tickets after you hit legendary, meaning it would be timegated, which I know you guys love.

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no. those belong in pve with ridiculously inflated price.

we get our free ASCENDED precursor for free in pvp seasons.

this year it is the year of the ascension (back item)

wait for the next year for different item.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

So, I’m supposed to wait 6 months for a single different item, which will probably be another backpiece? Whats the point of that? I can only wear one backpeice at a time.

The game has been out for almost four years now. Hardcore PvErs have MULTIPLE legendaries. Hell Nike from DnT has multiples of the same legendary on his warrior. I have put just as much time into this game as he has as a PvP player. Yet I have one reward to show for it, which is a legendary backpiece that took 4 years to come around and less than 2 months to craft.

If Anet wants to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on PvP then they ought to put more major incentives into it. GuildWars2 end game gear is almost purely aesthetic, gear only matters when you get into extreme PvE and fractals and even then it is only just a little.
If I am a legendary PvP player, should I not be rewarded with legendary gear and weapons?

…Also, like I previously stated, it does not matter if the precursor for the backpiece is ascended or not…and it’s not free, it takes a decent amount of time in PvP to get one. I could care less about the stats as a PvPer… I only farmed the backpiece for the skin.

Warrior

(edited by Interpretor.3091)

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Free?…..Sorry to tell you this but Time is much more important then digital coins. You in PvP waste time (both meanings). No it’s not free, it has it’s cost. Now it’s down to each persons judgement, which is more important. For me at least time is 10x more valuable then some coins.