Amulet, Rune, and Sigil Requests

in PvP

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I think this page broke.

Edit: Nope, it just doesn’t show anything if it’s ready to be given another tab.

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Why no sigil suggestions

Posted this in another thread but here you go:

Sigil of Cunning
-Increases damage by 10% when attacking from behind or the side.

Reasoning:
Currently this passive is locked behind rune of the thief forcing limited use. It would be great to see it as a real sigil to encourage more skillful positioning and build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Paprikaspice.8462

Paprikaspice.8462

Please bring back clerics amulet and cele amulet. The game needs to be balanced around DIFFERENT roles… right now everyone is pushed to be more or less a bruiser with good sustain and good damage. Sustain should be nerfed across the board on offensive builds (signet of stone on ranger, endure pain, etc need cds increased and duration decreased), defensive builds like sw/d druid or hammer scrapper should have their dmg reduced.

PvP isnt horribly balanced but this FFA arena feel is getting a little dry. Everyone does good dmg and no one is glassy.

in PvP

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

What about adding a sigil that gives one stack of stability on swap and an amulet with power, vitality, expertise, and condition damage?

(edited by trixantea.1230)

in PvP

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Please just give us a 3 or 4 stat amulet where we are able to choose the major and minor stats.
Allow us to play the way we want.
Not only that but it would stop certain classes from being benefited by the available amulets while others might not have that privilege.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Please just give us a 3 or 4 stat amulet where we are able to choose the major and minor stats.
Not only that but it would stop certain classes from being benefited by the available amulets while others might not have that privilege.

Yes one million times on this suggestion. I’d love to be able to select two major and minor traits. This would answer issues with build diversity in one go. Plus balance would more then likely be better off.

Another thing I’d like to add to this is. However about who have a half time in conquest. Say around 200 – 250 the match pauses. Both teams are sent back to their spawn areas and are allowed 2 mins to change their build On that character only. This would allow for some tactical level counter play in GW2. Instead of just being out comped the the whole match. Since there is no picks or ban selection in GW2. I know that would be somewhat of a radical change. However it will bring the beginning of a competitive age for GW2’s PvP. For all leagues and not just platinum and higher.

GW2 is atm the only mainstream game that has PvP on the market. With no way to counter build mid match to prevent steam roll, through build/team comp. Lets make tactical and critical thinking a thing in GW2 as it is in all the other successful PvP games on the market.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Custom amulet creation via stat selection has been requested a lot, but I agree that it would be a nice step forward that makes the player feel more in control and not as limited by the request, test, implement turn around time.

I understand that certain stat combinations are problematic, and will always likely be problematic because of the nature of the game and players. Perhaps this could be accounted for via built in rules rather than amulet availability limitations.

Offensive stats: Power, Precision, Ferocity, Condition Damage, Condition Duration
Defensive stats: Vitality, Toughness, Healing Power, Boon Duration

Initial Rule Set for stat selection (assuming 4 stat selection model for streamlining; if other combinations were available associated rules could be generated):

1) offensive stats may be chosen in any combination without limitation

2) only two defensive stats may be chosen in total, only one of which may be a major stat

3) if Toughness is chosen as a major stat, Healing Power may not be chosen

4) if Condition Damage is chosen as a major stat, the other major stat must be an offensive stat and may not be defensive

In the future, if any other problematic combination were to arise they could be dealt with by additional rules.

Edit: may require an additional rule to prevent Mercenary combination seen previously: if Condition Damage is selected as a major stat, Toughness may only be chosen if it is the only defensive stat

(edited by Allarius.5670)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It can be done if you put the stats on weapons, armor and trinkets. You put devensive option on armor.

Would look like:

Weapons:
Power 1050
Condition 1050
Power + Condition 560

Armor
Toughness: 1050
Vitality: 1050
Healing: 1050
Healing + Vitality 560
ferocity + vitality 560
ferocity + toughness 560
ferocity + Healing 560
ferocity 1050

Trinkets:

Precision: 1050
Expertise: 1050
Concentration: 1050
Precision + Expertise: 560
Precision + Concentration: 560
Expertise + Concentration: 560

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

There is still limitation there: precision, expertise, and concentration being mutually restrictive without historical justification for example. As cool as an kitten nal selection UI would be, freeform selection might have a better chance of reaching the end goal because rules would need to be added to place restrictions rather than fear missing possible stat combinations and waiting for later addition. A small icon that opens the wiki for rules explanation could be included for clarity.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I still think ANET should allow us to choose stats for Weapons, Armor and “Amulet” so that we could theoretically choose Zerker Weapons, Valkyrie Armor and Marauder Amulet (as an example)

This would give greater flexibility in stats and more build variety.

Not overly complex for new players to understand while allowing experienced players to experiment more.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

It can be done if you put the stats on weapons, armor and trinkets. You put devensive option on armor.

Would look like:

Weapons:
Power 1050
Condition 1050
Power + Condition 560

Armor
Toughness: 1050
Vitality: 1050
Healing: 1050
Healing + Vitality 560
ferocity + vitality 560
ferocity + toughness 560
ferocity + Healing 560
ferocity 1050

Trinkets:

Precision: 1050
Expertise: 1050
Concentration: 1050
Precision + Expertise: 560
Precision + Concentration: 560
Expertise + Concentration: 560

^This but..
with only one selectable stat for every weapon set: otherwise it’s unfair for who can’t have more than one weapon set and promote bunker/burst weapon swap combo.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Of course its ment for both weapon sets. But iven if not this one would only allow to swap power/condi so i think this could even be intresting.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Reduce the CD on sigil of rage to 18 seconds

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I feel ele non-support would really benefit from proccing other things off of a blind. But not from a sigil. Like redo the Elementalist runes. Chill duration isn’t really practical.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

How about an sigil that initiates a que to where you can a play a nice 2v2 or 3v3 style game mode? That sounds good to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Khan.2374

Khan.2374

Sigil of Blasting: On weapon swap, a blast finisher occurs at your location (? cd)

I think it would make things interesting. Downside I guess would be 9s is way too short but at 20s you wouldn’t be able to reliably use it as a blast finisher if you otherwise swap weapons. Which brings me to:

Sigil of Leaping/Whirling: Executes a leap/whirl finisher at your location (9s cd)

Leaps/whirls aren’t as good as blast, so maybe you can get away with a 9s cd on them.

De Re Metallica [FeC]

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Why no sigil suggestions

Boons on crit. Specific boon duration increase passively. How about a cripple sigil. Sigil that provide damage boost for a specific skill type? You guys might as well just finish up all the current sigils that are lacking counterparts like condi duration for every condi.

Would anyone really run a blind duration sigil?

but blind on crit or on hit can be usefull if it will be 5 sec cd

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

random blinds are unreliable but can be anoying if triggering at the optimal moment :-).
So it will add RNG. Hit it jsut before a burst or before some AE effect makes a diffrence.