Anet: Please anticipate pvp death

in PvP

Posted by: Classic Perception.2507

Classic Perception.2507

Facts:

1. My friendlist got decimated over the past month and I know a lot of people are in the same situation. People are not only saying they’re going to quit, they’re actually doing it.

2. I’m in diamond right now, queues are taking forever. I personnaly think the matchmaking is a lot better than s1 and s2 so i’m guessing a lot less players are actually playing. I don’t recall getting these kind of queues in diamond in s1/s2.

3. Take a look at the twitch activity. RIP pvp streamers.

The cause: Off season, nothing new to s3 compared to s1 and s2 (how many times can one grind to legendary before getting bored), other pvp games coming out..Etc.

Point of the post: Just a heads up. You probably want to anticipate this before it really becomes a problem and put some incentive in the pvp aspect of the game. Rewards, more pvp formats…Etc. All the ideas have already been repeated over and over again, i’m sure you’re aware of all this.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

All the ideas have already been repeated over and over again, i’m sure you’re aware of all this.

i don’t think they’re aware of it. or maybe they’re ignoring it, or don’t have the manpower to fix it.

i have played 1 match in season 3 to get my placement rewards from sapphire.
the match was a complete catastrophe… 1 player left, and the other 3 lost 3v2 on our homepoint the whole game.
i reached legendary in s1 and s2; the people in that match were supposed to be just as good – but they weren’t.

that, the fact that i have my legendary back and there’s nothing new in pvp/gw2 made me quit the game. if anet is not aware of those issues then i see no reason to play this game anymore.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Facts:

1. My friendlist got decimated over the past month and I know a lot of people are in the same situation. People are not only saying they’re going to quit, they’re actually doing it.

2. I’m in diamond right now, queues are taking forever. I personnaly think the matchmaking is a lot better than s1 and s2 so i’m guessing a lot less players are actually playing. I don’t recall getting these kind of queues in diamond in s1/s2.

3. Take a look at the twitch activity. RIP pvp streamers.

The cause: Off season, nothing new to s3 compared to s1 and s2 (how many times can one grind to legendary before getting bored), other pvp games coming out..Etc.

Point of the post: Just a heads up. You probably want to anticipate this before it really becomes a problem and put some incentive in the pvp aspect of the game. Rewards, more pvp formats…Etc. All the ideas have already been repeated over and over again, i’m sure you’re aware of all this.

People had 1 hour ques in higher divisions in season 1, thats why they teamed up with ambers to get matches faster because back then we had different premade rules. Besides that its not even been a week since season 3 launched, most people who play alot of pvp have gotten their backpacks already so the playerbase decline every season. Besides that, alot of pvp players went to play Overwatch.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

1. I have ever played since headstart and my friend list had filled up and then got empty and then filled up again to end empty. That’s how games works for some, play the new hype than leave or in some cases play, find a new game find it boring go back again then find a new game and so on. It’s like an ongoing wheel.

2. Matchmaking is alot different this time, not many has gotten to diamond yet so there are longer waiting times.

3. PVP as an esport may be going bad. I dunno, I do not count to twich numbers at cast hours as I am busy every Monday so I always watch the recorded casts. I don’t know how it is for others but I have stopped watching regular TV as I don’t have the time to follow shows at set hours, I am using Netflix and other streaming services instead. I think that younger people have more time to watch the shows at set hours and thus many more popular games has more viewers.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I don’t know how anet can fix the game when the problem isn’t the mmr or the queues or even bad players on the team. The real problem lies in the fact that you cannot carry your team to a win no matter how good you are and that’s simply because of the mechanics of the game. The game was like that from the start. No amount of mmr system is going to change that and its impossible to factor in a players true skill with matches because its subjective.

This results in frustration from players who feel they should of won the game if their team mates performed better. This also results in people on losing streaks (sadly if you go on a 10+ losing streak its most likely you are not being beneficial enough to the team to win matches). No algorithm Anet creates will ever fix this problem and people need to get passed this MMR sucks fiasco because its not MMR making the game bad.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

People leaving? Not on my overwatch!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

People leaving? Not on my overwatch!

Me Too!

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

My friends’ list is now empty. Everyone I had on my list were great players – 2 pros, many from best guilds, many lifelong gamers w/ 20+ yrs of exp, and playing gw1 &2 since betas. They’ve all left. All of them. They hated the mess in spvp. I’ve stuck it out, but think its headed that way for me now as well. Not on your watch? KK come help me out of mmr hell, which still persists all over again in seas 3, esp since mmr was not reset.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

My friends’ list is now empty. Everyone I had on my list were great players – 2 pros, many from best guilds, many lifelong gamers w/ 20+ yrs of exp, and playing gw1 &2 since betas. They’ve all left. All of them. They hated the mess in spvp. I’ve stuck it out, but think its headed that way for me now as well. Not on your watch? KK come help me out of mmr hell, which still persists all over again in seas 3, esp since mmr was not reset.

I think he was trying to be funny trying to indicate he is playing another game with the title… Overwatch.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]