Are macros legit in PvP?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Not really sure. It is not because I want to use them, but they obviously convey an unfair advantage in PvP. It is very noticeable when someone is using them, especially if they have skills with no cast time or/and can easily obtain quickness.

A prime example are DHs that can teleport to you and lay 4 instant utility traps (including Maw elite) and burns in about 1.25 secs.

Are macros legit?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Ulkhan.5472

Ulkhan.5472

yes but how u will do macros? About macros no rules but think its because u cant do macros in gw

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros

edit:
" Macros
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere. "

(edited by Vitali.5039)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Okay so multiple skills on 1 button is not okay. Well I’m seeing that in some PvP matches for sure. A lot of DHs are using it, and probably other people playing other classes too. My main is mes and I sometimes come across other mes who’s build I know and they are definitely using macros. Because I know the skill sets I know it is isn’t possible to do certain combinations as quickly as they do for insta kills for everyone they meet in 1v1. When you meet people who can pull off long combos in about 1 sec before you can react consistently that’s very likely a multi-skill macro at work.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Okay so multiple skills on 1 button is not okay. Well I’m seeing that in some PvP matches for sure. A lot of DHs are using it, and probably other people playing other classes too. My main is mes and I sometimes come across other mes who’s build I know and they are definitely using macros. Because I know the skill sets I know it is isn’t possible to do certain combinations as quickly as they do for insta kills for everyone they meet in 1v1. When you meet people who can pull off long combos in about 1 sec before you can react consistently that’s very likely a multi-skill macro at work.

Hmm not really. Maybe these players just have better keybinds than other players, as well as multi button mouses that can significantly increase the amount of keys you can press in a short period of time…..In a fast based action combat like this game, an optimal setup of the keyboard and the mouse is very profitable. Not denying of course that cheaters exist but with all this visual noise in the game, appearances can be very misleading as well

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Hmm not really. Maybe these players just have better keybinds than other players, as well as multi button mouses that can significantly increase the amount of keys you can press in a short period of time…..In a fast based action combat like this game, an optimal setup of the keyboard and the mouse is very profitable. Not denying of course that cheaters exist but with all this visual noise in the game, appearances can be very misleading as well

You still have to press buttons on a mouse. The situations I’m talking about are skills being performed far beyond human reflex times of pressing buttons. Skill executions are right on top of each other, which to me means a macro is being used. Sometimes including a proc’ing action. For example you have to guarantee an interrupt to get quickness followed by insta kill burst damage combination. I’m pretty sure there must be a way Anet can determine if a macro is being to execute multiple actions consistently and without fail every time.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: st elmos fire.2987

st elmos fire.2987

I have played this game since the launch and have never seen a skill combination/combo that I have not been able to do without macros. I have a mouse with extra buttons and good keybinds that is all. It just takes practise after that. Hardest combos imo are some chronomancer continuum split combos and fresh air eles phoenix blink one shot but still no need for macros.

Aka Flux

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

No multiple skills, only one skill ones (like someone using a macro to execute all the number 1 skill chain.

However what you described for dhs doesnt sounds as a macro.
Neither when people said: hack for using evade + jump all time or super fast mesmer gs2+stun mantra+ blink+

Most of the time the skill combos are used fast at good mechanical skills because:

- You use more than one finger and are used to do it.

- The timing of each key its alredy memorized to perfection , you dont react to press the key upon execution of one skill, you are alredy about to press/pressing because you know its the time.

Its only passing a mechanical skill thereshold and practice, memory will do it. The scariest part of kinesthetic memory its you never forget how, thats why people dont forget how to ride a bycicle (except brain damage).

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

I have played this game since the launch and have never seen a skill combination/combo that I have not been able to do without macros. I have a mouse with extra buttons and good keybinds that is all. It just takes practise after that. Hardest combos imo are some chronomancer continuum split combos and fresh air eles phoenix blink one shot but still no need for macros.

Read my post again, I’m not talking about combinations, I’m talking about the inhuman speed I sometimes see the same person pulling them off without fail in the same match. I’ve played PvP for at least 3 years and you know when someone is using macros, and when they are not.

(edited by Vague Memory.2817)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Read my post again, I’m not talking about combinations, I’m talking about the inhuman speed I sometimes see the same person pulling them off without fail in the same match. I’ve played PvP for at least 3 years and you know when someone is using macros, and when they are not.

The macro topic comes up now and then and it’s always the same. You’ve got a couple people complaining about how quickly these supposed ‘macroers’ are using skills, and then you’ve got everyone else that realizes how it’s really not that hard to press 4 buttons at the same time.

Seriously, teleport and a couple instant traps on guardian? Just bind the keys next to each other, smush your face over them, done. It’s not like you even have to target things with traps, and targeting issues can be avoided by using that auto-snap targeting option. There’s absolutely nothing in this game that can be done with a macro that can’t be done by an experienced player with 20 minutes of practice.

Additionally, any experienced player in GW2 realizes that macros can only help an utter noob vs another noob. Once you insert an experienced player into the equation, the macro becomes nothing but a liability. Performing skills rapidly in a rigid combo can be easily countered with simple mitigation tools, whereas an actual person executing the combo manually can stop or modify that combo once they see a dodge or something start. Macros actually make the performance of a person worse once you get past a certain level of skill.

So let’s recap. Not only is it easily possible to do any imaginable combo in this game manually, but using a macro actually makes that combo easier to counter than when done manually. This is a waste of time and a nonissue.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You still have to press buttons on a mouse. The situations I’m talking about are skills being performed far beyond human reflex times of pressing buttons. Skill executions are right on top of each other, which to me means a macro is being used. Sometimes including a proc’ing action. For example you have to guarantee an interrupt to get quickness followed by insta kill burst damage combination. I’m pretty sure there must be a way Anet can determine if a macro is being to execute multiple actions consistently and without fail every time.

Its not macros, its well placed keys and just being really quick. Its a lot easier to get those combos off if you setup your keybinds correctly, so that you can have 3 or 4 fingers all pressing the keys for those skills at the exact same time, while still moving. Its not easy (maybe not even possible) with the default keybinds, but with custom keybinds it is possible to get off those mesmer power shatter burst combos without a macro

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

I see this come up a lot, but as someone who plays several classes with “burst” combos like that (Fresh air ele, etc), it’s really not difficult with good keybinding and habits.

Instants can be done at the same time, you can pop them all at once if you want. So pressing them nearly simultaneously is easy.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Good keybinds, muscle memory and dextrous fingers ftw. Yes, there are ppl who use macros for sure. But most of the time I’m sure it’s not. I’ve been accused of macros before, trust me I’m too lazy to figure out the software and set them up for a game on it’s last spindly little leg.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

So people are saying macro are available, but absolutely no one in PvP uses them, because what everyone has a heart of gold? Really. When you’ve played sPVP for a few years you can clearly see the different between those who use and those who don’t. Especially if you play those classes, and realise that is the only way they can pull off certain combos that quickly and consistently is with help.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

A macro being available doesn’t change much. The game has limiting factors. And if they really are macroing, then countering that should be predictable and easy.

The macros do not do anything other than simplify keypresses into a single one. The abilities still have cast times etc. The ones that people complain about being “macrod” are the ones that do not have cast times, and macros have 0 impact on those since a person can just press multiple keys at once.

In fact, macroing like that places you at an actual disadvantage since you cannot respond to blocks, evade, los’s, or ranging.

In the DH case, most people kitten that they drop multiple traps at once and also combo the DH pull into trap into LB 3 out of trap combo. That’s pretty simplistic to do already, and if they macro it, just throw some stab into the mix or anything else to ruin their setup and place stuff on cooldown.

We’re not saying people don’t do it, but it’s no big deal. In fact, I’d rather fight players that DO macro like that than don’t because they are predictable, and easy to defeat.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

DH is not a problem, at least you can dodge roll from him. But when you meet a thief that kills you in 1 sec from nowhere – it is the problem. Funny when you say them “you can’t use 5 skills in same time – cheater” they say they dont cheat just smash buttons =)

I hope arena.net net will ban these players from sPvP for using it.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

Most of skills have pre or after execution animation. You just can’t avoid it using hands fast enough. As a thief you can use 3 skills in 1 sec like
1) throw dagger
2) while that dagger flies to enemy press heart seeker / dodge / vault etc
3) press F1

You have 3 skills executed almost together.

But i see thieves that use 5-6 skills in same time like
4) backstab (has cast animation)
5) smoke (pistol-5) (has cast/after_cast animation)
6) autoattacks (every auto has animation)

You look at it and say “cheater” they answer “i just smashed buttons cry salty noob”. I see same people here who defend “good keybinds” and ignore game mechanics.

P.S. DH traps have cast animation too, you just can’t place 4 traps in less than 1-2 seconds.

(edited by ezd.6359)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

Most of skills have pre or after execution animation. You just can’t avoid it using hands fast enough. As a thief you can use 3 skills in 1 sec like
1) throw dagger
3) press F1

You look at it and say “cheater” they answer “i just smashed buttons cry salty noob”. I see same people here who defend “good keybinds” and ignore game mechanics.

P.S. DH traps have cast animation too, you just can’t place 4 traps in less than 1-2 seconds.

I think it’s pretty clear you just don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re making complaints that simply follow no logical sense of reality, sorry.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

I think it’s pretty clear you just don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re making complaints that simply follow no logical sense of reality, sorry.

Sure. Can you show me your “skill”? How can you execute 5 skills i less than 1 second?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Sure. Can you show me your “skill”? How can you execute 5 skills i less than 1 second?

Uh…By finding 5 skills that are instant or have cast times+aftercasts that add up to less than 1 second and using them all at once?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Uh…By finding 5 skills that are instant or have cast times+aftercasts that add up to less than 1 second and using them all at once?

Not random skills. You (thief) kill a person (lets say another thief) in 1 second using 5-6 skills (your choice). Post video here.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Not random skills. You (thief) kill a person (lets say another thief) in 1 second using 5-6 skills (your choice). Post video here.

Here you go, a video of a thief alphaing people in under a second.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVgxA8I5lEk

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

I don’t think he want to see a 2012 video..

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They are not legal but they are used by everyone

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

I don’t think he want to see a 2012 video..

Works just as well today, I’m not about to waste my time filming something to prove to a random forum warrior that it’s possible to press buttons quickly…

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

2017 or end of 2016 year plz, without slow motion and do not hide skills.

Works just as well today, I’m not about to waste my time filming something to prove to a random forum warrior that it’s possible to press buttons quickly…

No. It does not. Since you don’t understand this – you are forum warrior. We got it. Thanks for proving it.

(edited by ezd.6359)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Yeah, I’ll pass. Honestly, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, because you’re arguing something that seems rather different from the OP. Are you aware that a macro is simply an automated method of activating skills in a particular pattern? It doesn’t allow you to avoid normal mechanics baked into the game like cast times and aftercasts you know…

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

I’m just gotta put this here for those that believe macros is the only way to execute 4-5 actions in less then a second. This is a recent video by Lord Helseth which I believe needs no introduction. You may or may not like him but his video about the importance of proper keybinds explains this pretty well and also shows examples on mesmer in the video.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Yeah, I’ll pass. Honestly, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, because you’re arguing something that seems rather different from the OP. Are you aware that a macro is simply an automated method of activating skills in a particular pattern? It doesn’t allow you to avoid normal mechanics baked into the game like cast times and aftercasts you know…

Yes, this is why i call them cheaters, they remove this important “cast/aftercast” somehow. But macros give advantages anyway.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

ezd.6359

I’m just gotta put this here for those that believe macros is the only way to execute 4-5 actions in less then a second. This is a recent video by Lord Helseth which I believe needs no introduction. You may or may not like him but his video about the importance of proper keybinds explains this pretty well and also shows examples on mesmer in the video.

Can you give exact min:sec?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

1) throw dagger
3) press F1

Yes, this is why i call them cheaters, they remove this important “cast/aftercast” somehow. But macros give advantages anyway.

Uh yeah, see, that’s not a thing.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

so that you can have 3 or 4 fingers all pressing the keys for those skills at the exact same time, while still moving.

Although it does depend on which keys are being pressed. Some 3-4 key combinations can’t be done, because of weird hardware shenanigans.

https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/AntiGhostingExplained.aspx

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I use a mouse with about 12 buttons and made keybinds adapted to me for my left hand.
I am not shure if you would think i use a macro or not when i fire multiple skills as reflex on a thief jumping me often killing him a few seconds later … After playing similar ele builds for one and a half year keys and soundtriggers are memorized …. Begining to play WvW i struggled fighting. Now i will tear new players appart in 1:3. I don´t feel that i am a top player but i feel a large diffrence. I thought if a macro will benefit me at the begining but i dont care about it because i don´t see a benefit. My playstyle is flexible and a macro might acutally handicap me or at least be of no benefit. GW2 is build well here. While a macro might raise the performance of low level players the impact after you can master your class seems minimal.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ive been accused many times for using macros but the moment you say you have a mouse with 19 buttons then most people instantly understand why it appears a macro is being used….

If anything, Macros will get you killed in PvP because you’re not being fluent with the combat and wasting potentially much needed skills to survive.

Another key point to remember: A lot of players know their classes well enough to time their skills so it appears that they are using macro when not. Example would be S/D Fresh Air Ele…… Start to channel Earth 5 > Air > Air 2 > Air 3 > Lightning Flash > Feel the burn > Earth 5 finishes channeling.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezok.2709

Rezok.2709

When you’ve played sPVP for a few years you can clearly see the different between those who use and those who don’t. Especially if you play those classes, and realise that is the only way they can pull off certain combos that quickly and consistently is with help.

No, just because you think you r ealized something doesn’t make it true. You might have bad keybinds leading you to think that it’s impossible, but there are people who practice doing combos as fast as possible. If you have both keys on your mouse and keyboard you can do it even faster.

You have 5 fingers on your keyboard and can have a few fingers on keybinds on a mouse aswell, personally I have 1 finger for key binds on my mouse. That’s 6 fingers I can click with. How do you fail to see that this allows me (or anyone else) to click 6 buttons?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

I guess macros would be more useful in PvE where you have standard rotations and don’t need to react to unknown moves your enemy does. I remember a revenant max dps guide here in the forum where the player explained he programmed a button to instantly activate all facets upon legend swap.

But one thing came to my mind while reading the posts here that could give an unfair advantage. What about using macros to totally get rid of aftercasts? Don’t know if it would be possible, but if you set up macros for every skill that has an aftercast so that your button would perform Skill → Delay → Stow Weapon, wouldn’t that mean you never have to care about it and make sure you cancel all aftercasts automatically that can be cancelled?

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Fay.2357

But one thing came to my mind while reading the posts here that could give an unfair advantage. What about using macros to totally get rid of aftercasts? Don’t know if it would be possible, but if you set up macros for every skill that has an aftercast so that your button would perform Skill -> Delay -> Stow Weapon, wouldn’t that mean you never have to care about it and make sure you cancel all aftercasts automatically that can be cancelled?

Strictly speaking you could do that, but there are very few aftercasts left that can be effectively canceled. Anet has been doing a pretty thorough job of going through and removing that interaction.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They are now allowed but people still use it. Even if you report them, nothing will happen. After playing this game for years, i have the expression that all pvp related reports go straight into bin.

When you’ve played sPVP for a few years you can clearly see the different between those who use and those who don’t. Especially if you play those classes, and realise that is the only way they can pull off certain combos that quickly and consistently is with help.

No, just because you think you r ealized something doesn’t make it true. You might have bad keybinds leading you to think that it’s impossible, but there are people who practice doing combos as fast as possible. If you have both keys on your mouse and keyboard you can do it even faster.

You have 5 fingers on your keyboard and can have a few fingers on keybinds on a mouse aswell, personally I have 1 finger for key binds on my mouse. That’s 6 fingers I can click with. How do you fail to see that this allows me (or anyone else) to click 6 buttons?

Sry but when you see the guy doing same combo wombo even when it sometimes doesn’t make any sense given what target is doing, you know he is using macros (DHs and mes are prime example for those).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I don´t know what others do but here an example what might happen if i am jumped.
Assume i am in air with my ele (sage amulet using scepter)
you attack (including a cc like basi venom and putting condies on me) and try to pull of an attack chain, so you don´t dodge in the first second …
2+3 (2 fingers on mouse) = bolt, blind, twitch hand for latch between fingers on mouse where i have bound elemental swaps and in this case swap earth, press utility 7 with thump on left mous side firing feel the burn, same thump up triggering left latch firing util 9 (cleansing flame).
ALL instants. It will hit you before you finish your second attack which strikes fire aura.
If i have been prepared for a fight i might now release rock barrier while i use left hand to circle and face you + might call target. (all targeting and moving is on left hand as well es two ele swaps and weapon swap if i play warrior).
After that combo i dodge (might hit you with evasive arcana) and watch you not attacking not to trigger the daredevils cleanse on dodge. I am ready to react on missile use or anotter ele swap (fire for preassure) depending on reaction. Since i use sage the condies will kill a thief without cleanse.
This instant reaction + your second attack will do the following in my pvp build.
On me:
Break stun, give me 4 Might stacks, pull up fire aura, pull up frost aura (assuming your first hit was hard) Both auras heal me. Remove 5 conditions, pull up 15 seconds protection, 9 seconds furry. (Note: I will also heal, + share protect, might, furry and pull the auras on teammates in range)
On you:
about 2k damage, 5 burn stacks. 6 bleed stacks (if rock barrier fully hits), poision, chill, criple, blind, weakness. This is at about 3k condi dps and its covered. This was like a twitch in my right hand … no macro.
You better dodge in the first second breaking off the attack while the rock barrier releases. Any beginner trying to hit me in the aura is usually dead after 5 seconds.
A macro will make it more complicated, i won´t do all the same in a diffrent situation, e.g. i might swap fire and not use util 9 to attack with a dodge into oponent (flame burst) and phönix at close range.
The question is: Will you assume a macro if this happens to you ? And it will be quite similar evry time …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

used to get accused of macroing when i played ele, also used to get accused of macroing for jump dodging. People literally look for anything they can blame or their own shortcomings.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

ive never used macros on this game, what benefit could you get from them isnt like you have 20 keys or more, you just have 10 plus like 5 keys are used as timing or when needed,

I took an arrow to the knee

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

They are now allowed but people still use it. Even if you report them, nothing will happen. After playing this game for years, i have the expression that all pvp related reports go straight into bin.

Sry but when you see the guy doing same combo wombo even when it sometimes doesn’t make any sense given what target is doing, you know he is using macros (DHs and mes are prime example for those).

Not really, muscle memory is a funny thing and sometimes you can lay out your combo without meaning too….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Buy Razer equipment, create macros, have fun.

Stop treating this game as esport with professional teams. Teams are not allowed (only solo-duo), and this game is not esport (only very very few top players).

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The effectiveness of a gaming mouse with extra keys on the side for F1 to F6 abilities, utilities, etc… is 10x more effective than any “macro” type program that simulates key presses for “combos”.

Even if it was some smart program that was automatically used vs a certain skill… the effectiveness of a gaming mouse with extra keys trumps it. IF there was a legitimate good macro, either for Air Ele, Thief, or Mesmer, it’s mostly effective in 1v1 fights anyways. Not practical in Conquest.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t care how many buttons a mouse has. Logically one macro (i.e. one button) that can pull off a set of skill combos flawlessly every time with minimal time between skills is going to be better than a player pressing all the skills individually. Trying to argue the oppose is silly. Macros don’t get tired, drunk, or screw up. Try your luck against a macro typing the same sentence over and over again. You will lose to it’s speed and flawless replication.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I don’t care how many buttons a mouse has. Logically one macro (i.e. one button) that can pull off a set of skill combos flawlessly every time with minimal time between skills is going to be better than a player pressing all the skills individually. Trying to argue the oppose is silly. Macros don’t get tired, drunk, or screw up. Try your luck against a macro typing the same sentence over and over again. You will lose to it’s speed and flawless replication.

Mouses with many buttons, and keyboards with many buttons, usually come with softwares for macros. When you install them, you install that software as well, gaining access to more functions than just the buttons. Each button and combinations of buttons can become simple or complex macros. This is another reason why gamers buy such gaming gear.

Are macros legit in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

People definitely macro I think though there are not many combos you would want to actually macro so I don’t see it as a too big of a deal. Its lame though I agree. One button should do one thing. And it is easily spottable there are many “robotic” players.

(edited by steelheart.7386)