Begging Anet about AFK players.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Can a report function please work or be updated to something automatic?

say like 10 reports a day means no more PvP until the daily reset or something? Anything?

The state of your PvP is in this picture and the reason why I’ve logged off to play another game instead like I do just about every day because of this. (read chat if you’re confused, he afk right after the burn guard on the other team destroyed him, only 20 points down when left)

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

ANet don’t care about the match quality in this game, so AFKers and match throwers will never get punish. Do your competitive PvP in a PvP game that supports competitive PvP.

ANet will never support a competitive environment PvP in this game. It will just ruin their bottom line simple as that. You are simple playing the wrong game is this bothers you.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

ANet don’t care about the match quality in this game, so AFKers and match throwers will never get punish. Do your competitive PvP in a PvP game that supports competitive PvP.

ANet will never support a competitive environment PvP in this game. It will just ruin their bottom line simple as that. You are simple playing the wrong game is this bothers you.

It’s not about the competitiveness, it’s about match manipulation and idle players of which other games deal with accordingly via various means.

1 player being the cause of 3 logging off and playing another game hurts the bottom line more than dishonouring that 1 player breaking ToS.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

It’s not about the competitiveness, it’s about match manipulation and idle players of which other games deal with accordingly via various means.

1 player being the cause of 3 logging off and playing another game hurts the bottom line more than dishonouring that 1 player breaking ToS.

But that’s just it tho. If this was truly hurting ANet’s bottom line. ANet would be all over them. So this is obviously not the case. Remember ANet are more then likely not completely losing these players.

I’ll put myself as example. I used to enjoy the living hell out of this game’s sPvP system. There used to be more good match ups then bad ones. After that reversed I, got to the point I looked elsewhere for my sPvP entertainment. I found it. Now experiencing high quality sPvP elsewhere. I’m hard press to clear 20 matches in GW2’s for the whole season. However I’ve moved my GW2’s PvP needs into WvW. However as I’m on a server that mostly just zerg with a commander or nothing. I solo roams until the other servers start dispatching roaming squad of 4 to 10 people and havoc squads of upto 20. At this point I simply go play PvP in another game altogether. I’ve for the most dropped GW2’s sPvP but still play and support the game in it’s other areas. Meaning my misery and abandonment of GW2’s sPvP did not hurt GW2’s bottom line one bit. I’m pretty sure many others are in the same boat.

Thus no real reason to ban a paying customer for another 3.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

But that’s just it tho. If this was truly hurting ANet’s bottom line. ANet would be all over them. So this is obviously not the case. Remember ANet are more then likely not completely losing these players.

I’ll put myself as example. I used to enjoy the living hell out of this game’s sPvP system. There used to be more good match ups then bad ones. After that reversed I, got to the point I looked elsewhere for my sPvP entertainment. I found it. Now experiencing high quality sPvP elsewhere. I’m hard press to clear 20 matches in GW2’s for the whole season. However I’ve moved my GW2’s PvP needs into WvW. However as I’m on a server that mostly just zerg with a commander or nothing. I solo roams until the other servers start dispatching roaming squad of 4 to 10 people and havoc squads of upto 20. At this point I simply go play PvP in another game altogether. I’ve for the most dropped GW2’s sPvP but still play and support the game in it’s other areas. Meaning my misery and abandonment of GW2’s sPvP did not hurt GW2’s bottom line one bit. I’m pretty sure many others are in the same boat.

Thus no real reason to ban a paying customer for another 3.

It’s great you want to be serious about PvP and move onto other games with serious PvP stuff but I’m just trying to enjoy Guild Wars 2 while maintaining simple ToS. (maybe you wouldn’t have found a need to explore other games if Anet enforced the ToS)

I’m also positive the real reason it hasn’t been implemented before because time and time again when someone asks for a working report feature, there’s always without fail an excuse as to why we shouldn’t have it. It must be really hard for the Devs to sort through that let alone take it seriously.

To bring this topic back on point: We need a functioning report feature, an automated system of say 10 reports a day for a banning till daily reset or something like that, some simple system that doesn’t require the devs to sort out each and every report.

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I’ve never seen a player AFK for no reason. If someone stops playing it’s usually due to being so far behind they can’t ever catch up, and I’d never expect anyone to continue under those matchmaking conditions. Blame the lack of player base and the matchmaker for creating unbalanced games.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

+1 to Reaper i came from WvW roaming and go there. I want diversity. In build´s, teams, game modes … And i want that people that play a game do it because they like it. Throwing matches before the realy started is disgusting for me (Loose first mid fight and AFK …). My opinion is like it and play it, don´t like it —> move on.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)