Blocked people

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Lilium.6139

Lilium.6139

There is a good Reason why i do have people on my Blocklist. Mostly because they’re antisocial.

I don’t have to play with them in PvE or WvW….but in PvP you’re getting forced to do so.
I don’t care if I get higher Q-times.

Edit: Because some Guys didn’t get it clearly. You will still get Qed against them!
That means, you can’t block good player to get weaker Enemys.

(edited by Lilium.6139)

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

There is a good Reason why i do have people on my Blocklist. Mostly because they’re antisocial.

I don’t have to play with them in PvE or WvW….but in PvP you’re getting forced to do so.

Well that would be easy to abuse. Just block everybody who is better then you and get easy matches.

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I only block players that lose on purpose or help the enemy team, or that are clearly using some sort of third party tool that allows them to cheat.

I would pretty much like not to have to deal with such players again.

I would also like to see better report options than having to use ‘botting’.

Some people even think there’s no cheaters in this game.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Blocked people

in PvP

Lilium.6139

Well that would be easy to abuse. Just block everybody who is better then you and get easy matches.

I don’t see why that should happen?
You would still fight against those better Players, while you’re getting Qed with average players.

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

You would still fight against those better Players, while you’re getting Qed with average players.

Oh, you don’t mind to have them in the enemy team.
These question comes up in the forum from time to time and normally the questioner don’ t want blocked in his matches (excluded from own team and enemy team).

Blocked people

in PvP

Lilium.6139

No, i really don’t mind if they’re my enemys. Heck i don’t even mind loosing.
But it’s just not fun playing with them. And thats all about for me.

It’s just not fun, if you got a Rev in your team who’s running far, loosing every 1o1 and flaming the Ele (me) while i don’t help him and instead running close where my Team has a 3v4 (i just capped mid and close was almost decapped whenn i arrived).

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Losing.

And people would just block all the noobs and warriors.

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

+1 this should be added

i’d block all diamond and legend players to stomp baddies all day long with pleasure

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

ye i hate playing with or againt Prince V. too. Sadly eu gms ban him very rarly

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

+1 this should be added

i’d block all diamond and legend players to stomp baddies all day long with pleasure

I think the idea was the blocked players won’t come to your team, but they can be on the enemy team. So blocking all diamond and legend players causes you to never play with them, but you might go against them.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

+1 this should be added

Blocking Diamond and Legend players doesn’t mean you block better players than lets say a solo player that stuck in Ruby and cant climb ladder because he is not playing duo/trio q or full premade. A lot of Diamond and Legend players are worse than me and im only Ruby still i beat them 1v1. Some of them are free kills and play bad. See Diamond and Legend icon shows player skill lol. The system just fail to show player skill as it put solo player against premades. you can climb ladder with premades against soloers. it doesn’t mean you are better player than a soloer that stuck in lower division as you take advantage to climb ladder in premade. sometimes happen i get someone who is Ruby like me that party up with 2 Amber and 1 emerald and i have to play and carry them vs a full ruby team. nice matchmaking for a solo player gg anet fun pvp and chance to progress as soloq. You know whats the results, we getting rekt. So the system doesn’t allow me to progress without atleast duo group.

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

+1 this should be added

I think the idea was the blocked players won’t come to your team, but they can be on the enemy team. So blocking all diamond and legend players causes you to never play with them, but you might go against them.

i wont because of how matchmaking works: if ill get 4 sub-diamond players on my team then the enemy team will have at least 4 sub-diamond players as well

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

+1 this should be added

Blocking Diamond and Legend players doesn’t mean you block better players than lets say a solo player that stuck in Ruby and cant climb ladder because he is not playing duo/trio q or full premade. A lot of Diamond and Legend players are worse than me and im only Ruby still i beat them 1v1. Some of them are free kills and play bad. See Diamond and Legend icon shows player skill lol. The system just fail to show player skill as it put solo player against premades. you can climb ladder with premades against soloers. it doesn’t mean you are better player than a soloer that stuck in lower division as you take advantage to climb ladder in premade. sometimes happen i get someone who is Ruby like me that party up with 2 Amber and 1 emerald and i have to play and carry them vs a full ruby team. nice matchmaking for a solo player gg anet fun pvp and chance to progress as soloq. You know whats the results, we getting rekt. So the system doesn’t allow me to progress without atleast duo group.

nice attempt to hide the usual set of excuses of being a low rank behind a wall of text

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They can’t let you block players from appearing on the other team (although it should block any mapchat they make from appearing to you), but block SHOULD prevent these people from joining your team. It currently does not. This needs to change.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Blocked people

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

I just write whats true. You are probably a premader am i right? But i feel even if you are you still say you are not and not premaded duo/trio your way to Dia/Legend.

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

I just write whats true. You are probably a premader am i right? But i feel even if you are you still say you are not and not premaded duo/trio your way to Dia/Legend.

i did diamond solo in under 50 matches

Blocked people

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Thats interesting as i getting so bad unfair matchmaking, i write before and teammates that dies in 3seconds its impossible to progress.

Which class you played to Dia solo?

Blocked people

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

It doesn’t really matter. If he did it in that few matches then he was obviously one of the “golden ticket” holders blessed by ANet with premium match-ups. He could have been playing a Warrior for all it would have mattered.

done by now.”

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

They can’t let you block players from appearing on the other team (although it should block any mapchat they make from appearing to you), but block SHOULD prevent these people from joining your team. It currently does not. This needs to change.

Absolutely not. Then people would fill their block lists with noob players and warriors. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Thats interesting as i getting so bad unfair matchmaking, i write before and teammates that dies in 3seconds its impossible to progress.

i played thief but i didnt play any single match as a d/p and i play with my own build so its not the traditional thief archetype

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

It doesn’t really matter. If he did it in that few matches then he was obviously one of the “golden ticket” holders blessed by ANet with premium match-ups. He could have been playing a Warrior for all it would have mattered.

thats some serious tinfoil hat case

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I believe that the suggestion was for blocked people to not appear in your team. And the blocklist is not big enough to contain even a small fraction of bad players.

i wont because of how matchmaking works: if ill get 4 sub-diamond players on my team then the enemy team will have at least 4 sub-diamond players as well

Hint: the Matchmaking doesn’t work the way you think it does.

Yeah, right? Too bad that in this season it’s actually true…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Blocked people

in PvP

Lexander.4579

I believe that the suggestion was for blocked people to not appear in your team. And the blocklist is not big enough to contain even a small fraction of bad players.

Hint: the Matchmaking doesn’t work the way you think it does.

Yeah, right? Too bad that in this season it’s actually true…

actually unlike 90% of people who complain on forums or in game about bad matchmaking I do know how matchmaking works and the worse you play the more you will be stomped, blaming your team or Anet will not teach you how to play

Blocked people

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

Absolutely not. Then people would fill their block lists with noob players and warriors. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Why not? If you don’t want to group with people, you shouldn’t have to. I actually do this myself, if a team does well in soloqueue, I friend the people involved, while if they do stupidly (not just poorly, like REALLY poorly) I block them. It doesn’t have the intended effect, but it at least lets me know what I’m dealing with when a new match starts.

actually unlike 90% of people who complain on forums or in game about bad matchmaking I do know how matchmaking works and the worse you play the more you will be stomped, blaming your team or Anet will not teach you how to play

But the way this season is laid out, knowing how to play has little to do with whether or not you’re on ANet’s golden glidepath to Diamond.

done by now.”

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Good joke.

This clearly shows you have absolutely no idea how matchmaking works this season. But yeah, keep believing.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Blocked people

in PvP

Posted by: Fumigene.5076

Fumigene.5076

I don’t see this making it in-game, ever.

However, I would love to have the word ‘BLOCKED’ or “IGNORED” written on their team window portrait; or across their character as in Anarchy Online.

That way, you would know not to expect anything from them. And if you don’t read anything from them in team chat, it’s not because they’re just silent players.