Bring Trailblazer and Dire Amulets back

in PvP

Posted by: Toramaru.1904

Toramaru.1904

Hello there. Hope the title is self explanatory. But to as why I’ve started the post:

Why do Marauder’s get to be there and condi builds have to deal with Wanderer/Carrion? The fact that conditions are also meant to kill people should give them enough right to be there in a efficient fashion.

We (condi users) don’t nuke people down, that’s why we need to wear them off, and that leads to a Toughness/Vitality dependability that usual Zerkers don’t, as DEATH is the best condition you can have…

O_O"

in PvP

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

Okay … so

1. Deadshot amulet is a thing… literally the exact copy of marauder’s changed to condi dmg

2. Conditions most definitely work efficiently at killing people. Condition builds existed since the start of the game before burn+poison stacks or vuln applied to condition damage…
There has literally never been a time in the game that conditions have been stronger.

3. “We (condi users) don’t nuke people down”
btw …….Burn stacking is a thing

If you TRULY honestly believe that. You should just delete this post and uninstall.

There are zero condi builds that need to be any easier to apply or maintain conditions in fact exactly the opposite.. it is far too easy to apply conditions safely from range on AUTOS.

l2p

in PvP

Toramaru.1904

I see you’re resenting poison/burning stacking, and I agree there shouldn’t be conditions that behave like that. This should be fixed, period.

That said, looking into ANY other condition available I believe you’re either dying too easily, due to a lack of PvP understanding, or missing the point here. Marauder Amulet gives the 3 stats that zerker builds need, along with a nice Vitality boost. It fits the build perfectly. The Dire/Trailblazer Amulets fit condi builds perfectly as well (now now, no need to be mad, I’m talking about proper condition building, not burn/poison here).

If you consider the amount of cleanses every class has atm, Trailblazer is actually not optimal, due to how condi cleanse works, insted of removing stack, it simply kills that condi tree altogether.

Back on topic, the fact that Deadshot/Wanderer Amulets have high Precision damage is what makes them viable, but not optimal towards condi builds.

O_O"

in PvP

CrAzY.3275

Clearly you are the one with a lack of pvp understanding if you are having issues killing with a condi build.

I have plenty of cleanse in almost every of my 20+ different builds on 8 classes.
yet..
Any 2v2 3v3 without a support aoe cleanse build vs 2+ enemy condition builds you will be out bursted and out sustained.

If you think there is too many cleanses on their team just kittening dont team fight?! or kill the aoe cleanser first?

There is tons of builds w/ traits that rely on crit procs to stack conditions.
Not my problem they took out sigils that made it optimal to condi burst on crit.

There is a very good reason they got rid of any amulet with offensive capabilities as well as double high statted defense.

L2p¿

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Okay … so

There has literally never been a time in the game that conditions have been stronger.

in PvP

CrAzY.3275

“ANY other condition available”

Confusion ticks without action.

Torment is too easily stackable for how punishing it is.

Poison and burn are clearly overtuned.

Sooo uhh yep… thats 4 outta 5 damaging conditions, eh I guess bleeds are balanced..
Conditions are too weak to kill anything. 4Head

in PvP

Toramaru.1904

I’m gonna filter all the rage (again), since you seem to be in a bad streak against condi builds (again), but I never said I was doing bad on PvP.

What I’m saying is that looking into building characters, the way amulets/sigils/runes work atm you can never get a perfect Condi build, but you can easily get a Perfect Nuke build.

If you’re facing constant issues against condi players, it might be either because of some sort of mechanics abuse (burn/poison), or because you’ve been facing good players. PvP rellies heavily on Player skill, despite balancing issues. One might even turn the tables with that skill alone.

Back on topic (again), a couple decades ago, when RPGs had stats and skills allocations, when you had to actually plan you character thoroughly, you could choose these things. Now, with this auto everything trend, removing amulets that give the exact stats that players want to use, that use the same balance that others have (3k total points), seem like a sloppy fix.

The idea behind this post is to be able to have perfect builds on PvP for characters that want a prolonged fight, instead of a chance to turn things to cinder in 2 seconds.

O_O"

in PvP

Toramaru.1904

“ANY other condition available”

Confusion ticks without action.

Torment is too easily stackable for how punishing it is.

Confusion don’t tick without action, for every time you’re hit on PvP whilst doing nothing aside from running, your character start auto attacking automatically.

Torment is my best example of how a condition should work sir. It does not prevent you from walking, but instead, punishes you for doing so. If you are able to fight without touching the WASD you will reduce it’s damage by a whole 50%. That’s a lot. Mesmer, the class that seem to apply that one quite easily with a scepter won’t punish you for standing still if you’re a ranged fighter. You’re already halving their condi dmg output from one of their sources. Does that sound unfair?
Edit: double math “You’re already halving their condi dmg output by 50%

O_O"

(edited by Toramaru.1904)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Oh I get it, you want the bunker meta again but this time with bunker condi mesmers….
Or bunker Burn guards
Or bunker Necros

bunker, what a word.

If these Ammies came around, I could see myself playing a Condi bunker Ele or a DIRE evasion poison stacking venom sharing ez win garbo build….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

“Confusion is a condition that deals damage each second and additional damage each time the affected target begins to activate a skill.”

Confusion is a condition that deals damage each second

“Doesn’t tick without action”

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in PvP

Toramaru.1904

Oh I get it, you want the bunker meta again but this time with bunker condi mesmers….
Or bunker Burn guards
Or bunker Necros

bunker, what a word.

If these Ammies came around, I could see myself playing a Condi bunker Ele or a DIRE evasion poison stacking venom sharing ez win garbo build….

I don’t see the reason why there shouldn’t be beefier builds on PvP. Aren’t you supposed to try to kill people there? There are different ways to do so, and zerker is definitely not the only one.

“Confusion is a condition that deals damage each second and additional damage each time the affected target begins to activate a skill.”

For the sake of respect, I think he meant the double dmg modifier, despite the lack of words… And so did I.

O_O"

(edited by Toramaru.1904)

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

you should uninstall just for asking.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Or bunker Burn guards
Or bunker Necros

bunker, what a word.

I don’t see the reason why there shouldn’t be beefier builds on PvP. Aren’t you supposed to try to kill people there? There are different ways to do so, and zerker is definitely not the only one.

For the sake of respect, I think he meant the double dmg modifier, despite the lack of words… And so did I.

I guess you didn’t play the bunker meta then otherwise you would understand why and there’s already plenty of beefy builds floating around.

I never said zerker was the only way to kill people, please quote me where I said that, Thanks in advance.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Toramaru.1904

You’ve convinced me with extensive argumentation. Thanks for coming here and contributing.

I guess you didn’t play the bunker meta then otherwise you would understand why and there’s already plenty of beefy builds floating around.

I never said zerker was the only way to kill people, please quote me where I said that, Thanks in advance.

Nop, never played it, and still don’t understand why you seem to be ok with missing content on PvP for a game like this. I’m not. And let’s not go into the “you said I said that you said”. There is a group of really resilient people advocating against Conditions, agreeing to sloppy ways to actually work around the issue.

Aside from the non intended or bad designed issues, on conditions or whatever, PvP should be more diverse, and Trailblazer/Dire Builds could enable that. The fact Ventari Revs can somewhat bunker is not relatted to building issues, but the class itself, and how their skills were designed. I simply dislike the idea of toning PvP down for a whole segment of build styles just because there are a few classes or niche builds that are stronger than they should be.

O_O"

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Bring them “back”? Lol they weren’t even added in the first place and for good reason.

in PvP

Posted by: BABE.7056

BABE.7056

I simply dislike the idea of toning PvP down for a whole segment of build styles just because of balance.

idiot

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Hello there. Hope the title is self explanatory. But to as why I’ve started the post:

Why do Marauder’s get to be there and condi builds have to deal with Wanderer/Carrion? The fact that conditions are also meant to kill people should give them enough right to be there in a efficient fashion.

We (condi users) don’t nuke people down, that’s why we need to wear them off, and that leads to a Toughness/Vitality dependability that usual Zerkers don’t, as DEATH is the best condition you can have…

No, no, no and no.

1. People dying quickly is fine. People staying alive for the entire match and being nearly unkillable is not. We already have enough bunker nonsense, but at least the bunkers we have now don’t do a lot of damage. Which brings me to the following point.

2. Condis are already so strong that if you unload a full condi bomb on someone, you can pretty much nuke that person down as fast as a power-DPS build could. Yet you need only 1, arguably 2 stats (condition damage and expertise) to do so, while a power-DPS needs 3 (power, precision, ferocity). Most power-DPS builds also have to be up close and personal to unload their burst, while you can do it from a distance.

3. The trade-off for high burst potential is that you are pretty weak yourself. Sure, you can burst people down, but you also die fast. That’s the trade-off. Why do you think it’s fair to be able to burst down people with condis AND be super tanky at the same time?

There is a reason why Anet removed these amulets and it’s not just to annoy you.

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

We (condi users) don’t nuke people down, that’s why we need to wear them off

Haha, dying to conditions in PvP, it’s usually because dying too fast to have condition clear reaction time. It’s that fast

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

You’ve convinced me with extensive argumentation. Thanks for coming here and contributing.

Nop, never played it, and still don’t understand why you seem to be ok with missing content on PvP for a game like this. I’m not. And let’s not go into the “you said I said that you said”. There is a group of really resilient people advocating against Conditions, agreeing to sloppy ways to actually work around the issue.

Aside from the non intended or bad designed issues, on conditions or whatever, PvP should be more diverse, and Trailblazer/Dire Builds could enable that. The fact Ventari Revs can somewhat bunker is not relatted to building issues, but the class itself, and how their skills were designed. I simply dislike the idea of toning PvP down for a whole segment of build styles just because there are a few classes or niche builds that are stronger than they should be.

Don’t make up your argument if you don’t want to be called out for it. As you said, you didn’t play the bunker meta and you don’t understand. People on this thread may be a bit nasty but it’s because they do understand and they are trying to help someone who A) doesn’t understand, B.)refuses to understand and C) trying to make an argument out of an answer they were given.

No one is arguing build diversity here, but if you want to take that angle I’ll help you out. By adding DIRE for the sake of build diversity, you will cut out a need for any other condition ammy, having 1 ammy is not diversity at all.

Are we in need of new amulets? yes. Do we need some more diversity in PvP? of course. These are good questions, bringing back DIRE is not one of those good questions, but it was still a question that you had answered so probably no reason to argue it unless the point of this thread is just for arguing.

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)