• Some zero counterplay damage.
  • Boonbot.
  • Low Cooldowns + Big Uptimes
  • Hard to stomp.
  • Great stomper.
  • Free rezz every 45seconds

Did i miss anything?
I wont complain about #BuyHOT because i actually suport poeple buying the game,
but i dont think there is anyone who can support current revenant. Please dont hide under “its new and unknown” carpet and list your ideas to improve balance

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

[Brokenant] Stab + Resist x Perma = Buy HOT

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Buff thief and warrior!

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

“Buy HoT- Free Brokenant included – wanna truly feel OP/god like? here’s your chance! Buy Hot and play our new class the Brokenant , but hurry offer only available till next nerf patch”

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Hello.

• Stability.
  • Resistance.
  • Evades.
  • Almost sustain aka “long minimal kill time.”
  • Unmatched chasing mobilty, aka “double melee? np.”
  • Damage.
  • Big damage.
  • Boonbot.
  • Hard to stomp.
  • Great stomper.

Did i miss anything?
but i dont think there is anyone who can support current revenant. Please dont hide under “its new and unknown” carpet and list your ideas to improve balance

All who buy HOT support Rev or Elite specs in general but what else do we have to justify our $50?

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

All who buy HOT support Rev or Elite specs in general but what else do we have to justify our $50?

Challenging group content.

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Challenging group content.

You got me there lolz.

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Hello.

• Stability.
  • Resistance.
  • Evades.
  • Damage.
  • Big damage.
  • Boonbot.
  • Hard to stomp.
  • Great stomper.

Did i miss anything?

You’re not wrong.

Here’s hoping that lots and lots of people buy HoT so the devs can actually declare victory and then balance the class.

However I won’t be buying it so it’s up to y’all I guess.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

OP most think you can have all traits and the 5 legends at the same time. kittening lol’d at “Stability”, and everything else in fact.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

OP most think you can have all traits and the 5 legends at the same time. kittening lol’d at “Stability”, and everything else in fact.

Do you need all legends…you just need 2 of them and get what the OP said but hey you paid your $50 and should be entitle to some fun right?

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I wanna see how much my Revenant’s build covers those lovely bits (btw, it dispatches any non-rev class with disgusting ease):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinXNeNSqJvJRBlJlsfyjS4Q5SJYrsrklTFhNZzrqZ+cKNQhHA-TpBFABCcIAiZ/BxLDQwDAotLAAAHBAA

Fair success on this. I played Glint/Shiro in beta, in open play the meta is Glint Shiro. Seeing that I went Shiro/Mallyx and then people caught on. This is my build to counter both of those builds. Should I say inb4?

Legitimate note (the above was mostly a joke, though I seem to be ahead of the meta too often =/): This build requires a more focused playstyle, however dying is ridiculously difficult in a 1v1 and some 1v2 scenarios.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

(edited by Serious Thought.5394)

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Which build is OP in reference to?

I’m guessing Viper Shiro/Mallyx?

(edited by Israel.7056)

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This pretty much sums it all up.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

it is normal to have OP classes, it is how the market works it atrack players, players love to leech strong classes they will feel cool, looks at LoL champs when get released they are more than OP and then get nerfed, Anet with gw2 is not a game were players should seek balance, but need to keep an eye open and see what anet makes it work to win.
Meta does not get balanced it shifts to another thing that gets buffed after some time when it comes mainstream or to much of it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

using an unlockable CC when they have the crystal shield up usually gets you the win. they are normally low as hell and you can kill them while they are reeling from the interrupt.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

2 poeple already provided you with the well known meta rev builds, but if you want it official:
“yes, its the mallyx build” – resistance badumtsss.

The only thing i exagerated was that the mallyx version isnt a boonbot like the power version.
The reason why I intentionally did such a mistake, is that the power version is the #2 current build ingame and equally stronk,
which means
You cannot even counterbuild a revenant as he has a top winning pick for both sides of the matchup

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Hello.

• Stability.
  • Resistance.
  • Evades.
  • Damage.
  • Big damage.
  • Boonbot.
  • Hard to stomp.
  • Great stomper.

Did i miss anything?

Oh so we’re talking about the three legend wielding mallyx shiro herald rev that is using the 1200 power prec fero condi amu-all in one go

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Oh so we’re talking about the three legend wielding mallyx shiro herald rev that is using the 1200 power prec fero condi amu-all in one go

Reminds me of the mesmer complaints months ago :-D

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

So you’re Reaper having problems with Revenant?

Ok…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Please dont hide under “its new and unknown” carpet and list your ideas to improve balance

Complains about balance, then claims it’s the other guy’s responsibility to provide ideas to improve balance, after dismissing the possibility of a particular argument out of hand because it doesn’t serve.

I’ve seen this thread before.

How about this: you don’t get to just say something is imbalanced, you have to actually discuss how it is imbalanced (listing things it can do doesn’t help), specifically where the imbalance occurs, and how your proposed change would fix that imbalance while still leaving a strong role for the class.

I’ll wait.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

In Reply to Topic;

[Deadnant] Stab + Resist x Perma = Corrupt Boon sees you and wants you badly.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Hello.

• Stability.
  • Resistance.
  • Evades.
  • Damage.
  • Big damage.
  • Boonbot.
  • Hard to stomp.
  • Great stomper.

Did i miss anything?

I’m not siding with anyone. I have the stability/resistance (am testing dwarf vs shiro atm, so my evades are being tested against those chains…oh god those beautiful chains), evades are in all classes so that’s moot, unless focused Staff usually keeps me alive for a fairly long time (I’d say 15-20 seconds?), I agree on chase even Thief can’t escape when a Revenant decides to murderize it, I don’t know where my damage is in that category, I can boonshare Resistance and Stability (if I dwarf), I agree on cooldowns but thats how the class is built so its moot, hard to stomp is true in that its annoying but not hard, good stomper is true in my build as well. I have no idea what that free rez every kitten is though. Can anyone elaborate?

Cons of the build I listed where I tried to take all those things on the list is that I have immense difficulty bringing anyone who is not 70% or more glass down. Its very bruiserish and difficult to kill with a good deal of support. I can relist it, but I don’t know how much it changed. Pros I filled the criteria at most points?

Edit: On the offnote, if I don’t play Warrior or Thief I generally kill Revenants easily. Generally. The ones running sword/shield+staff with glint/shiro are utterly infuriating and remind me of when Thief used to be untouchable. Its close now, but not to this extent. While blocking me off, he is hurting me. That’s how it works. But then I play Reaper and use Corrupt Boon when they shield, then I feel better.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

(edited by Serious Thought.5394)

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Free rezz every 45 seconds? From what?

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Radiant Revival turns all your nice cleave damage into an easy/free res, and basically the only counters to it are timewarp stomps or CCing all revivers/moving the downed body with launches. I would be very surprised if the trait remains untouched with the next balance pass.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

using an unlockable CC when they have the crystal shield up usually gets you the win. they are normally low as hell and you can kill them while they are reeling from the interrupt.

Wow, thank you. Apart from necromancer (and brokenant, of course), what do you have? Slick Shoes sometimes bugs and allows you to CC the revenant, but to avoid wasting my Slick Shoes half the time I would have to use Throw Mine? Should I play Signet of Might on my warrior? Tornado on my ele? Spike Trap on my ranger?

Come on now…

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This pretty much sums it all up.

I’m friends with this guy. I lol’d!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Wow, thank you. Apart from necromancer (and brokenant, of course), what do you have? Slick Shoes sometimes bugs and allows you to CC the revenant, but to avoid wasting my Slick Shoes half the time I would have to use Throw Mine? Should I play Signet of Might on my warrior? Tornado on my ele? Spike Trap on my ranger?

Come on now…

If you feel obligated to counter every single build on every single class with whatever class/build you decide to run, I think you’ve run smack into the issue: your obligation to feel like everything should be able to fight everything.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Radiant Revival turns all your nice cleave damage into an easy/free res, and basically the only counters to it are timewarp stomps or CCing all revivers/moving the downed body with launches. I would be very surprised if the trait remains untouched with the next balance pass.

Me2. It should speed up revive by 10% with reduced cd to 30 ;o

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Come on now…

If you feel obligated to counter every single build on every single class with whatever class/build you decide to run, I think you’ve run smack into the issue: your obligation to feel like everything should be able to fight everything.

I agree with you. In addition, they are other ways to counter revenants that just unblockable CC. Which is why I made fun of this comment: why present this overly specific method like a counter to revenant? More like: if you’re a necro, try to keep your warhorn #4/staff #5 for the shield.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Ok…

In Reply to Topic;

Here, Ceimash beat me to it and Nos also showed corruption reaper potentially countering mallyx rev. We will see but my 3 problems and predictions are:
-no other team than wakkey+5g+phanta will be able to babysit such a onetrick build just to
-“potentialy” kill a mallyx rev…As your both necros i wont list all RNG related to corupt boon
-if you play build wars, rev can do it better by just switching to regular power build and then its a free kill

I’ll wait.

My intent is to provide a clearer and simpler picture for the ones who smell rev is fishy but dont know where the smell is coming from, in the form of objective numbers.
I believe it is coming from every possible way – only aoe cleanse+heal and chain CC rooms are clear.

So its more of a relative represantation of how bad it is…I think im bad at designing new stuff, so I will only say that by my gut: A third of those crucial team roles/abilities need to be cut off.

Oh there is one specifically:
- Stability ON DODGE

Its just lame.
Passive and spammy.
With waay to high uptime.

If its meant as anti-CC and to reward (good) dodges, id rather give him the whole dodge back if he avoided a CC skill, instead of always giving 40-70% of the strongest boon in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Ok…

In Reply to Topic;

Here, Ceimash beat me to it and Nos also showed corruption reaper potentially countering mallyx rev. We will see but my 3 problems and predictions are:
-no other team than wakkey+5g+phanta will be able to babysit such a onetrick build just to
-“potentialy” kill a mallyx rev…As your both necros i wont list all RNG related to corupt boon
-if you play build wars, rev can do it better by just switching to regular power build and then its a free kill

I’ll wait.

My intent is to provide a clearer and simpler picture for the ones who smell rev is fishy but dont know where the smell is coming from, in the form of objective numbers.
I believe it is coming from every possible way – only aoe cleanse+heal and chain CC rooms are clear.

So its more of a relative represantation of how bad it is…I think im bad at designing new stuff, so I will only say that by my gut: A third of those crucial team roles/abilities need to be cut off.

Oh there is one specifically:
- Stability ON DODGE

Its just lame.
Passive and spammy.
With waay to high uptime.

If its meant as anti-CC and to reward (good) dodges, id rather give him the whole dodge back if he avoided a CC skill, instead of always giving 40-70% of the strongest boon in game.

I’d like to point out that the only reason a Herald is getting high Stab up-time is because of Enhanced Bulwark + Facet of Nature.
Maybe start there, since EB is already a weird trait since Herald doesn’t have any Stab whatsoever and the Revenant doesn’t actually have many ways to apply Stab either.

Also, for Resistance complaints, first off, it’s not permanent unless the Revenant always absorbs two conditions from 2 different team mates while having FoN active and he really can’t use anything else as it costs a whopping 35 energy. Secondly, it makes the Revenant extremely weak to Boon Strips/Corruptions (actually, every Revenant is extremely weak to this).

Aside from that, Mallyx as a whole needs an overhaul since he was so butchered in BWE3 and changing PA would be a good start since it no longer synergizes very well with the rest of Mallyx(the Heal ends up being a worse Consume Conditions now and we only have 1 trait that benefits from self-conditions since Pulsating Pestilence is broken).

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Come on now…

warrior is trash. don’t play it unless you want to fail.

DH has unblocke CC on longbow, and on f1. necro has unlockable fear on staff and the unblockable shout.
on engineer I always use magnet to interrupt the heal, or occasionally slick shoes.
rev has the shiro teleport, then they can CC or DPS while they are unblockable.

idk what other classes have, because I only play engi and bit of rev these days. go have a look on the wiki if you want to find out what unblockable skills are available to you. I’m not doing it for you, I know them for engi and its all I care about tbh as its all I play.

this meta has loads of blocks, so running at least one unblockable skill is a good idea. I’ve magnet pulled so many people out of blocks and killed them within the 2sec knockdown. it gets results.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Brokenant xD
So true.
Thank you, made my day.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i actually want revenant legend swap and weapon skill cd to be lower XD

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

i actually want revenant legend swap and weapon skill cd to be lower XD

Yeah or give us access to more legends in one build. I feel like I’m playing an ele with only two attunements.