Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Eles and guards telling you using cleanse with x2+ CD of burn skill incoming in 3, 2, 1…

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Burning is very potent and some specs like cele D/D and burn guard can definitely abuse rapid burning application and it’s the application that needs changes.

Leman

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

there is a video on this forum of a team who took those burns and put them back on the guardians.

Simply put there are ways to fight burn guardians in 1 vs 1- 2 vs 2 situations. though there isnt 1 atm for d/d eles and the vamp rune.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

And now forum is gonna be like : “Learn to bring your 5 secs cd condi cleanse you noobs”

looks totally fine to me….

meanwhile rampage still op plz nerf asap

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Burn will get a nerf, think Anet already confirmed this somewhere, but most likely not pre-HoT so just hang in there

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Burn will get a nerf, think Anet already confirmed this somewhere, but most likely not pre-HoT so just hang in there

Which shows the next problem this game has. Way too slow balancing.

Sorry other games throw minor balancing changes for completely broken stuff out like bi-weekly. ANet requires 6+ months.

A balancing patch every 2 weeks… so rapid iteration on balancing is required for 3 years now, but they just don’t do it.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Sorry other games throw minor balancing changes for completely broken stuff out like bi-weekly. Anet requires 6+ months.

A balancing patch every 2 weeks… so rapid iteration on balancing is required for 3 years now, but they just don’t do it.

question what are you running? Why are burns such a problem atm?

Against a burn guardian you just go sigil of purity and generosity with 1-2 condi cleanse. D/D eles i can understand but burn guardians? Trap rangers? Im just wondering why people are screaming blood when there are counters?

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

A ranger complaining about burns? You could’ve took the condi cleanse Signet. You could’ve used Lyssa and you wouldn’t really lose out on damage.

Ranger has NO RIGHT to complain about anything, this class is easy and effective. It just isn’t as strong because ITS NOT HARD to play a ranger.

You can’t complain about burning even from d/d ele and even though d/d ele’s burning deserves to get nerfed.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

nerf it. no way

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Sorry other games throw minor balancing changes for completely broken stuff out like bi-weekly. Anet requires 6+ months.

question what are you running? Why are burns such a problem atm?

Against a burn guardian you just go sigil of purity and generosity with 1-2 condi cleanse. D/D eles i can understand but burn guardians? Trap rangers? Im just wondering why people are screaming blood when there are counters?

There is counter to all Conditions, issue is why 1 Condition is so much more potent then the rest ? Do u really feel Burn is in a good place atm ? No1 is complaining about, Bleeds,Terror,Poison,Chill aso but Burn, think about that for a minute instead. When they made Burn stack in intencity they made a mistake, end of story imho…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

And now forum is gonna be like : “Learn to bring your 5 secs cd condi cleanse you noobs”

looks totally fine to me….

meanwhile rampage still op plz nerf asap

hahahaha
oh Hell no! this 23sec video confirms it. Anet dont no need to nerf burns.
All you mothers complainning need to L2P..

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

About half the time I die, burning is my number one source of damage taken…usually in the 20-40k range, though I’ve seen it over 50k before.

Additionally, standing in a cluster of guardians popping their blocks while burning everything around them is a tad disheartening.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

A ranger complaining about burns? You could’ve took the condi cleanse Signet. You could’ve used Lyssa and you wouldn’t really lose out on damage.

Ranger has NO RIGHT to complain about anything, this class is easy and effective. It just isn’t as strong because ITS NOT HARD to play a ranger.

You can’t complain about burning even from d/d ele and even though d/d ele’s burning deserves to get nerfed.

Lol I never lose to rangers and I play ranger. Which would suggest there are varying levels of play to them just like any other class.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Additionally, standing in a cluster of guardians popping their blocks while burning everything around them is a tad disheartening.

See, this is my problem, the burn on blocking. Get rid of that crud and put burning on weapon skills instead.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

About half the time I die, burning is my number one source of damage taken…usually in the 20-40k range, though I’ve seen it over 50k before.

Because you cleanse the burn to quick. You have to wait till it builds up to a medium amount of stacks like 4-6 and then cleanse. And then cleanse again when it gets to about the same number. Noobs blow there cleanses as soon as they see a burn and then get walloped bu 10-15 stacks that come after. There are burning rotations. I am not saying that burns are 100% fine but if they get anything besides a very modest nerf there goes condition guardians again. They will be a joke again. Eles are the real problem with burns.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Because you cleanse the burn to quick. You have to wait till it builds up to a medium amount of stacks like 4-6 and then cleanse. And then cleanse again when it gets to about the same number. Noobs blow there cleanses as soon as they see a burn and then get walloped bu 10-15 stacks that come after. There are burning rotations. I am not saying that burns are 100% fine but if they get anything besides a very modest nerf there goes condition guardians again. They will be a joke again. Eles are the real problem with burns.

Burn is just too easy applied in big stacks.

Bleeding and Burning are basically the same mechanic, one just deals more damage.
One would assume that you woud be able to stack more stacks of bleeding. I saw world bosses in PvE having more Burning stacks than Bleeding stacks.

This is wrong on so many levels, yet it happens.
Burning deals more damage per stacks and is easier to stack than bleeding. That needs to be nerfed. And no we should not have bleeding be buffed to burning like levels. A slight buff maybe. But not a second type of burning.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Burns are totally broken. Most of those who say “burns are OK” are actively relying on burn builds.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As I’ve said countless times, burn stacking is completely broken. A burn build is the highest DPS available right now. That isn’t good.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I just don’t think that burns should do 4.5x as much damage per stack as bleeds. Thats just a horrible idea, because it favors classes that have high burn application so much more than those that have high bleed generation, which is why things like condi necro and condi ranger struggle.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Sorry other games throw minor balancing changes for completely broken stuff out like bi-weekly. ANet requires 6+ months.

the reason why their balance updates takes forever is because its balancing between 3 distinct game modes. simply scaling back burns isn’t like scaling a specific profession, mobs/ai use burns too, so they’d have to scale it for mobs and other items. plus, in the post about upcoming changes, they’re not just looking at scaling down burns or nerfing cele ele, but buffing other mechanics too.

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

the reason why their balance updates takes forever is because its balancing between 3 distinct game modes. simply scaling back burns isn’t like scaling a specific profession, mobs/ai use burns too, so they’d have to scale it for mobs and other items. plus, in the post about upcoming changes, they’re not just looking at scaling down burns or nerfing cele ele, but buffing other mechanics too.

They should really keep PvP/PvE balancing separate. They already did this on GW1. If some skill was overpowered in the PvP gamemode, it would get a fix, a (PvP) prefix and everything was fine. They could keep burning as is for PvE to promote their viability, but at the moment their potency and ease of application is absurd.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

Burns are balanced

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yes, burn is balanced.

But certain professions have too much access to it. Stop trying to nerf burning across the board or you hurt professions that don’t have enough access to it…

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma