Can we kindly fix this horrible design?

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

You wonder why casual players get turned away from Spvp? This is why. I play more than 30min of Spvp a day so it’s not as much of a hindrance to me, I will definitely make it up in the long run, but I feel bad for the player who logs on to play a game or two a day for their Ascension backpack or just a casual game or two and is totally shafted by the MM system.

Why are we still losing points and placement match progress when it’s 4v5 from the very beginning of the match? Earlier today I had to play through the entirety of an almost unwinnable 4v5 game ( still almost won) and still lost rating for that game. So now I have wasted time playing that game and now I have to waste time playing and trying to win a game to make up for the loss that I shouldn’t even have lost rating for in the first place.
So now I have wasted 15-20 minutes making up for something that was in no way my fault, and the second win to make up for the loss isn’t even guaranteed. Worse off, it was one of my placement matches, so now I’m going to get tanked even further down on the leader board and have to spend time digging myself out of kitten that I had no control over being in in the first place.

I’m so salty and sick of the kitten poor MM design already, it’s almost unreal. I was planning on playing today, but I’m out for the time being. I’m not gonna invest in a system that is built around being an utter waste of your time and well planned efforts.

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

best strategy, play a couple games and stop when and if it annoys and return later. If you drop below your true skill level you can look forward to easier games where you get to rampage

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

You shouldn’t lose rating for a loss involving a true 5V4 meaning a disconnect of more then 90 seconds or so involving someone outside your group. I never have.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

best strategy, play a couple games and stop when and if it annoys and return later. If you drop below your true skill level you can look forward to easier games where you get to rampage

No, I’m pretty sure he has the best solution, it’s the same solution I’m using. That is to stop playing PvP because the rewards are horrible, the matchmaking is horrible, it’s great fun getting countered comped because the entire other team swaps to counter (not everyone wants to spend time making sure all 9 classes are ready to be swapped to before playing), and there is only one game type where everyone just votes for foefire anyhow (imo one of the worst maps to vote for unless you are a bunker because that mid point is huge). And losing games to below your true skill level is frustrating because then you just spiral downwards because terrible teammates be terrible.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Simple answer is, because GW2’s PvP Ranked system is a joke PvE Gold/Item farm. When you have more players crying over the fact they have to work to get their ascended gear like everyone else. Instead of said conditions you mention. That in it’s own rights should tell you something. That and then fact all of the pro PvPers no longer or rarely plays GW2 these days.

The answer that the trolls will tell you. Is that you should “l2p scrub” “you lost that match because you deserved to”. Lol I honestly tried to talk sense into these silly foke but they are too happy with manipulating matches and paying smurfs to throw for them, that they refuse to have a civil talk with you.

You only options at this point.

A.) Pay people to throw matches for you.
B.) Queue up a off hours with a pro to farm ratings off of unorganized solo queuers who have bad latency and connection problems.
C.) Just deal with how sad PvP mode in GW2 is, and do like the rest of us. Just laugh when you lose ratings this way, and just farm up those gold and ascended gear.
D.) Look for decent PvP in a actual PvP game that has a healthy competitive PvP environment.

Other then that I don’t know what to tell you. ANet sure is very happy with the way things are. So base your actions off of that and that alone.

You shouldn’t lose rating for a true 5V4 meaning a disconnect of more then 90 seconds or so involving someone outside your group. I never have.

He is talking about the players who purposely idle in matches just to throw for the other team and get paid gold or outside game currency. Such offense is grounds for full account wide ranked league suspension if not a straight up account ban for game. But here in GW2 such actions are perfectly fine. Only thing you can do about them is laugh, record, and put the video up on your youtube channel, for other gamers to point and laugh at the state of GW2 PvP. Very few decent PvP players are willing to try out GW2 with all that is going on lately.

5v5 Ranked is nothing more then a out of control corrupted PvE farm mode. More so when you are forced to take the fall in ranking for the other three kittenters on your team throwing the match for gold or what not. Anybody who says otherwise is either one of these malicious players benefiting from these actions, or players with delusions of grandeur. Either case 5v5 atm is a failed game mode in GW2. That is just rioted from the inside out with legalized corruption/cheating. But I guess if other PvP devs are going to kicked these players out their game. Anet might as well give these cheaters a home in GW2’s Ranked. And make money off of them. GW2 is one of the easiest games to make a smurf account to troll Ranked PvP mode in.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m curious how we would deal with this.

Reward the person if they come forward with proof that they assisted in match manipulation, and account ban the person who paid? Because if the intention is made that both of them are to be banned nobody is going to be stupid enough to get themselves suspended.

Not that I think this is a big issue. I think a lot of this anger is people being slapped with reality after thinking they’re the finest [class here] to play pvp and not being able to handle it/making their team suffer because they cannot handle it, but this is a good point, and I can see it happening.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Reward the person if they come forward with proof that they assisted in match manipulation, and account ban the person who paid? Because if the intention is made that both of them are to be banned nobody is going to be stupid enough to get themselves suspended.

Not that I think this is a big issue. I think a lot of this anger is people being slapped with reality after thinking they’re the finest [class here] to play pvp and not being able to handle it/making their team suffer because they cannot handle it, but this is a good point, and I can see it happening.

I’m uploading a video to my youtube channel exposing 5 people who throws matches for gold. But since ANet’s forums policy is built more so the protect these types of cheaters, then to punish them in game. I will not be able to post the video directly on this forums.

Hi I’m Gamer Guy by the way

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You shouldn’t lose rating for a loss involving a true 5V4 meaning a disconnect of more then 90 seconds or so involving someone outside your group. I never have.

I never had trolls on your team then that like to afk at spawn or log off and then come back at the end so you are forced into 4v5/3v5 and lose full amount of points. As far as placements go, 4v5 counts as loss.

At higher rating paying with gold for throwing matches is a thing. I have been asked to throw matches as well. Reports won’t do anything, those people never get punished.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Who honestly cares?

It’s not one of my usual abrasive comments, I actually mean why care about PvP when it’s so stale, balance has been butchered and is a complete mess. It isn’t that fun anymore especially if you read between the lines of many posters so why continue to play it or care about it?

Nothing changed balance wise so I’m skipping this season, I already found it difficult to get motivated towards the end of season 5 even if I was within grasp of a title.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

You have a point there. As of 30 minutes ago. I have gone completely numb far as PvP goes. Now my only goal is to grind to that last chest many many times. If I get some fun matches on the way there cool. If not I’ll just keep myself in the grinding state of mind. As I work towards that last chest a few times.

So there it is. I am finally contempt to being eventually place into bronze where %80 or more of the matches are competely worthless but. W/E who cares right surely the dev don’t seem to care. So why should I even care. I’m just going to get what I need and move on.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

When you have more players crying over the fact they have to work to get their ascended gear like everyone else.

Though there is much I agree and disagree with your post I want to point this one out. I have plenty of guildmates who are PvE’rs without ascended and have NO interest in the old quick way to ascended in PvP. So a little story:

I decided one day I wanted ascended gear. I farmed and tailored up to 500. Spent a little gold. Made a cloth set in about a month. My play time varies but in that month I’ll say maybe 10 hours a week. (family, wife aggro and such or there would be more)

So then I hear about this ascended set in PvP. Quick you say? Nope….about 5 weeks. Knock it down to a month because it took about a week to get the first 20 levels under my belt before I could go ranked. Also note I played about 15 to 20 hours per week. So it actually took me longer.

NOW the shards are reduced. You MUST craft for these tokens and you must do close to 400 matches to have enough shards for a set.

Everyone is different in skill so some might be able to do it sooner but many who PvP and very little if any PvE are forced to craft for these tokens. So their reward was stolen.

I think this is what the point is: Too many got quick ascended gear in the true PvE’rs who came to PvP for that only and then the PvP community got punished.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

D.) Look for decent PvP in a actual PvP game that has a healthy competitive PvP environment.

What game is that? WoW is a complete disaster, League of Cancer was utterly ruined years ago, Dota 2 is cancer, CSGO is kindergarten kitten, every other mmo (and I’ve played every single major one and tons of obscure ones) have garbage pvp compared to gw2 and the ones that were better are dead and abandoned.

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

Everyone is different in skill so some might be able to do it sooner but many who PvP and very little if any PvE are forced to craft for these tokens. So their reward was stolen.

http://gw2crafts.net/

This site will get your professions up to where they need with nothing but gold, time and the trader.

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

http://gw2crafts.net/

This site will get your professions up to where they need with nothing but gold, time and the trader.

Yeah I understand that. I have crafted and was PvE since release. I am talking more of the hardcore PvP peeps who have NO interest in PvE or Crafting. Their hand is forced to craft. They are forced into PvE. kind of ruined the fun for some of them me thinks

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

What game is that? WoW is a complete disaster, League of Cancer was utterly ruined years ago, Dota 2 is cancer, CSGO is kindergarten kitten, every other mmo (and I’ve played every single major one and tons of obscure ones) have garbage pvp compared to gw2 and the ones that were better are dead and abandoned.

Going to first say lmao. Because I am actually lmao at this troll post of your’s. The only game’s PvP’s who has failscaded at this point is.. your’s truly. All the games you just mention as cancer, and kindergarten kitten, and MMOs with PvP. Actually have been doing much better with the exception of WoW. Most WoW refugees are migrating to ESO.

So the main things that make the other games more competitive, and fun to pvp in then in GW2 atm is…..

A.)Highly impactful and meaningful balance patches every 2 to 4 weeks.

B.) Make sure people have to put in major time investments to get trolling smurfs to troll their Ranked matches. Newplayers have to put in a good time investment to allow then to enter Ranked matches as productive PvPer.

C.) Instead of packaging and purposely selling imbalancement and calling it a expansion. Those game instead just sell cosmetics, and XP boosters.

D.) Way more superior Match Maker then GW2 can ever dream of. More competitive nail bitter matches then completely won at the start curb stomp matches.(One of the main reason why alot of players stopped playing PvP in GW2.)

E.) Heavy punishments for players who have supporting evidence submitted against them. For using troll accounts to troll players in ranked. Like how they throw matches for gold in GW2 with no recourse. But as soon as you expose these people to the rest of the community Caught in the act, you are to one to get banned while they are able to walk free.

I could go on more, about educating you about why those games ARE successful PvP games. And this is one has been knocked to it knees with no signs of getting back up. And before you tell me to just shut and leave, because that’s the only thing you can at this point defend you troll statement with.

Yes GW2 does have superior combat. However everything else is just so bad. And the devs either don’t know how to, or is being forced by upper management to, for the most part only apply small minor band-aide fixes to multiple open chest wounds. Most of the silly and gamebreaking things that goes on in GW2’s PvP during day to day. Would have been dealt with by PvP devs who have to balance 100 times more things then ANet do with GW2.

But anyways enjoy yall reveal on weapon swap sigil. Stacked matches. Stacked WvW server matchups. Minor meaningless balance patches every 3 to 6 months. People throwing matches for personal gains and not being punished for it. Class stacking. Counter Comp’ed from the start, via match maker, dued to the class stacking. 5 super high tier’ed players on one team 2duo’ed and a solo vs 5 random gold or lower players. All and all pretty bottom tier’ed at best Player vs Player systems. But hey, at least yall have a very good combat system, that players are still leaving by the day. But yeah GW2 is so much better then those other games you mention. LOL.

Oh and before you start confusing facts, with your own person definitions. And start throwing out memes and names. Just think about it for a few minutes. Anyways I enjoyed GW2 from 2013 to 2016, since other dev teams are going try hard, and ANet seems to not really care about the player vs player interactions, now that PvE just offers no challenge because how much it’s been dumbed down. I humbly take my leave. It was a decent run. Only three games in my whole gaming career thus far out of hundreds played, had me playing their games longer then GW2. Eve Online for 8 years, back in the day Runescape for 4 years, and ESO from release and still counting. Anyways may I bid thee farewell.

But at least I admit it!