Can we please Have Solo Q v Solo Q back ?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Im finding it hard to even play pvp at all atm , I used to like playing Solo Q and checking out the leader-boards and found it Enjoyable Checking my Ranking etc. Will Solo leader boards be coming back ? And can they be added in game from the pvp lobby ?

I would also like to see a Guild V Guild leader-board Added in game , where it is fully 5v5 ,

And i really miss the daily/monthly tournaments (not sure why they were scrapped ) this would be great for Solo q and G v G q

Anyways just a few suggestions i think we get more people into PvP and enjoy the game even more

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I also would like to have solo queue back, but forget it. Anet won´t do this. It is because the number of players in pvp is so small that they can´t do this or the team queue will take forever. Everyday less players join arenas and this season are making things even worse.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

It should be 1v1 if they want matchmaking to be about skill. Then you’re not handicapped with people who camp at home or run lord to die all match or some other ridiculous crap.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Queues would take longer and you’d never gain any benefit from queuing as a small group. They’ve already hard blocked 5m premade from fighting pure sq. No thanks.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

It’s been stated multiple times, that the queues were merged, because there just aren’t enough players for 2 seperate queues. You’d be standing around, doing nothing in HoTM, for ages waiting for 1 game to start.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

+1 to the soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Yes I’ve been wanting solo q back since it was originally removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Solo queue would let so many old and new player return to this game so big +1

in PvP

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

i say bring it back. if people want to team up together then longer queue times should be the trade off.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

I would love to see it happen, but at this point its never gonna happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i’m a big advocate of having soloQ before, but after the first MM changes, having no soloQ doesnt impact solo players as much as before. playing solo during season 2 if far way better and forgiving than in season 1.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

While i miss old soloq i have to admit that the improvements they did to matchmaking were pretty good. I barely face premades and even if i do it is usually bad for them (example: won a game today (500-170) with 2 thieves on my team vs full premade, in legend lol).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Nightcore.5621

Nightcore.5621

bad idea all well play tief bow and just cap

in PvP

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

…………….. +1 soloQ

Fizzy Bubbler

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

I also would like to have solo queue back, but forget it. Anet won´t do this. It is because the number of players in pvp is so small that they can´t do this or the team queue will take forever. Everyday less players join arenas and this season are making things even worse.

The number of players WAS small. It is supposedly better now, and it certainly feels like there are more players compared to when SoloQ was removed.

But then again it feels like it’s declining again and at a steady rate as well.

So forget about it entirely

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

It only took forever for those who were premades because there wasn’t a lot of those but there was tons of solo players especially back then when things were more fair so us solo players usually got in instantly AND got a fair match against other solo players. This whole merging them together thing only benefits team players ,not only do they get in much quicker now but also get easier matches whenever they face a team of solo players. And most solo players (unless they are lucky enough to have high mmr in this broken system and therefore get put with the better teams) just have to suffer or give up whichever you prefer.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Queues would take longer and you’d never gain any benefit from queuing as a small group. They’ve already hard blocked 5m premade from fighting pure sq. No thanks.

tldr; farming solo pugs is good for those who can’t win solo

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

tldr; farming solo pugs is good for those who can’t win solo

til teamplay should not be rewarded in an mmo

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I wish solo queue would return and that GW2 would change course away from trying to promote group play. GW1 was primarily solo in pve and that was a good thing.

Group incentives simply mean exploitation, often at the expense of other players.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

GW 1 was and is amazing, if it was still supported and updated/ new content added and brought players back to it I’d be very happy to only play that. Group incentives only benefit those very few people who have groups the rest are expendable, that’s why I enjoyed jade quarry so much, just show up hit enter battle and wait for it to start no team forming stress. Alliance battles was also VERRY fun when there was a lot of people there and they just wanted to play and not be too picky about who they let in their team. They never allowed premade teams vs non premade teams though because they knew how unfair that would be to the solo players and you could actually report some one for match manipulation if they tried to sync with a group of friends in an area that was meant for random vs random teams.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

It should be 1v1 if they want matchmaking to be about skill. Then you’re not handicapped with people who camp at home or run lord to die all match or some other ridiculous crap.

Classes aren’t balanced for 1v1 but for group in order to do that they would have to actually balance every class which I don’t see happening

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Classes aren’t balanced for 1v1 but for group in order to do that they would have to actually balance every class which I don’t see happening

This is the biggest thing people tend to overlook. GW2 isn’t balanced around 1v1 duels, but as you mentioned, team comps.

I’ve mentioned a few times, that I’d love Alliance Battles from GW1 to make a return. They were so much fun and it felt more like you could just hop in and have fun. Conquest can feel a bit stressful at times, and I think AB would bring a nice shake up, assuming there’d be enough people wanting to play AB.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The suggestion is not about 1v1. Solo Queue used to mean that matches were made up of 10 players with no party grouping. That was combined with the old “50%” match making and it felt a lot more fair.

Mesmerising Girl