Can you fix pvp by nerfing condi?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Would be intresting what happens if confusion gets nerfed (like no damage without skill use) and power shatter a buff to be viable… So basically move mesmer from condi to power …

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

I think condi’s and power are fine! The skill disable skills are problem! Need more tools-skill to prevent them .
U got focus by thief-mesmer for example and u can’t act till u die! Some classes maybe can … maybe but what about the others . Loosing a fight because of this is frustrating. i believe that is why many complain about cond’s. Cause when u got disable u can’t cleanse anything and of course u die .

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Would be intresting what happens if confusion gets nerfed (like no damage without skill use) and power shatter a buff to be viable… So basically move mesmer from condi to power …

Confusion was already like that and they changed it to tick.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

ok condi is beyond what any berserk/power build is. the problem is when you fight a team of five and three out of five are condi. say guardian, necro and mesmer if they are sticking together or the entire enemy team is “zerging” the whole game i get where every one is complaining that condi is way to strong i deal with that zerging garbage often enough to be allowed to even post on this matter. so say the guard and mesmer throw there condi’s on you then the necro and then out of no where you get feared you die the moment the fear hits you. same with the torment from the necro and the mesmer. you dodge most of their hard hitting condi skills at this point you have 3 stacks of torment 5 stacks of confusion, bleeds,burn, and the most annoying imo poison. then the necro fears you and you instantly die. point is one condi player is not to bad but three condi players mixed with two power players say the other two are thiefs you will lose. the only thing condi players sacrifice is power thats it unless your vipers amulet.

A lot of condi clean skill are istant and you can also clean/resist fear (if you use stability or a breakstun the fear isn’t a problem). Different condi clean also grant breakstun.

About 3 classes focus you with condis and 2 with power, I can tell you that if they focused you with Power you will die easier and faster. A focus of 3-4 players will kill you, no matter what’s the source of damage. If you’re CCed is not only the condition damage that can kill you, a power class can burst you even easier.

I run a necro with really few condi clean and i don’t find any problem at all. i have only the passive plague signet and the staff 4 and I really don’t find any group of full condi. May be in some matches situations when an extra condi clean should be better, but 80% of the builds I ought in ranked was Power based.

the condition complain is mainly a L2P issue plus the “oh crap, I have an insane amount of condi on me! I will die of condi!” scream when you have only few damaging condi derivated from side effect of different skills/traits but a lot of non-damaging conditions like vulnerability, weakness, cripple, chill.
Using my Power build (still if I more frequently use a condition) more times I was whispered by players as a “condy abuser” or other not so kind terms, still if my damage was totally coming from Power. For example I can spam chill, weakness and vulnerability, with some side effect of poison, bleed and eventually other conditions if i go in an ally combo field or active a corrupt.

But ehy, I see my screen full of red things, they’re killing me with conditions!
Oh, right, there’s also cc and debuffing conditions in this game…I always forgot that thing…

I seen an hylarious video time ago that become viral on teh forum: there was a guy screaming and showing to everyone how he was always killed by conditions, while if you kept a look on the screen was obvious that there was a so low amount of damaging conditions on him that was shurely not dying for that.

Condition can kill you as the Power do, but slowly. You have to play in a totally different way against a condition build. If you don’t want to learn or eventually change a little your build to be able to counter conditions if you’re too frightened of condi builds is only a L2P problem.

Also remember that GW2 sPvP is Team Based and the classes are totally fixed around that system. If you don’t have enough condi clean, because your class or build isn’t made to counter conditions, there will be someone able to clean conditions from you.
If you have an ele on your team there should be any number of burn guardian on the other team but they will do only 20% of they’re potential damage because a good ele should clean so much conditions to make a large amount of condi builds totally useless in team fights. If you have also a support guardian is even better (still if more rare, I seen some of them in ranked and they’re able to do great things to support and clean conditions).

The condition problem isn’t a problem at all. Just learn to play.
That’s a Power Meta, not a Condition Meta. There’s different good condition builds out there but a good ele will resolve all your problems without any effort.

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Condi meta’s are the most boring, passive, laziest meta’s to play. Don’t go to condi, force people to play power. It’s more active.

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Yeah… condi is OP… that’s why 80% of players you encounter in platinum are power. Makes sense.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

Silv.9207

Condi meta’s are the most boring, passive, laziest meta’s to play. Don’t go to condi, force people to play power. It’s more active.

Condi meta? Where? When?
Actually 7 over 9 classes do best using Power than Condi, I totally don’t see that condi meta. Not at all.

I found a more active play use condi on a necro than spam traps on a dh or use the perma-immobilize build on the ranger that grant easy kills with low to zero effort or a warrior zerk that hit like a truck and can be untouchable for all the time he need to kill any opponent that try to face him.
If i want to play easy i log in my power DH, not my necro. Even a condi dh is harder to play than a Power dh that only need to set traps→ active F1→ profit. With traps I can also become invisible now with the runes, there’s not even need to time the F1 because the enemy will not even see it come! is hylariously easier to play than any condi build I had ever played.

About Conditions:
Back in time there was a huge advantage on using conditions because there was amulets, runes and sigils that granted exagerated advantages to condi builds and there was a huge lack of condi counter skills and builds making condi even stronger, that’s totally true, but actually conditions are countered by so much things that isn’t easy at all play condition. Any good warrior will just ignore your conditions, any good thief will eat condi builds alive, any skilled ele will make your condi spam useless in teamfight. Condi builds need different playstyle experience than power builds and in a high level enviroment you find that Power is way better than Condi for almost All the classes. Only mesmer and necro do better with Condition than with power, all the otehr classes do highly better with Power then Condi.

Talking about the mechanic the condition grant easier damage if you don’t clean it, but also delay your damage over time, while a power damage is istant and that’s already a huge advantage. If the enemy is totally unable to clean conditions and is unable to burst you down fast enough is doomed. The problem is that any decent build run at last 2 condi clean/transfer and frequently more, with a lot of other defensive skills that also affect condition spam.
Everyone think that defences like Block or Immunity are useless against conditions but the only thing they do is use them BAD. If you Block a condi burst you block all the future damage, still if the enemy conditions inflict you damage while you’re blocking.

Atm there’s only a huge L2P issue around all the game. May that be a newbye problem, may be that a low rank lack of experience, may that be because newbyes play random builds and think to do good unless they find a guardian that burst them down with conditions, may be beause there’s not enough players that think to all the ways you can counter condition spam and damage, may that be that everyone still think that condition damage kill more than power damage or because everyone think that DoT skills don’t have to kill you, and not even so fast, and then cry when a condi build kill them, may be the lack of knowledge of the other classes and how they work and what’s they’re best skills to block/dodge/immune to make they’re damage low.
There’s a large amount of wrong behaviour about condition and inexperienced players that cry don’t knowing they’re enemies weakness.

Condition builds are strong and can kill you. You can counter condi builds in different ways using the right skills and timing. Condition is a Valid alternative to Power, grant a good build diversity and don’t need nerfs because otehrwise there will be no more conditions and everyone wil play Only Power builds (no one want to play builds unable to kill the enemy).
Just make more practice, learn from your mistakes, try a condi build and learn how to counter them.

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Condi meta? Where? When?
Actually 7 over 9 classes do best using Power than Condi, I totally don’t see that condi meta. Not at all.

I found a more active play use condi on a necro than spam traps on a dh or use the perma-immobilize build on the ranger that grant easy kills with low to zero effort or a warrior zerk that hit like a truck and can be untouchable for all the time he need to kill any opponent that try to face him.
If i want to play easy i log in my power DH, not my necro. Even a condi dh is harder to play than a Power dh that only need to set traps-> active F1-> profit. With traps I can also become invisible now with the runes, there’s not even need to time the F1 because the enemy will not even see it come! is hylariously easier to play than any condi build I had ever played.

About Conditions:
Back in time there was a huge advantage on using conditions because there was amulets, runes and sigils that granted exagerated advantages to condi builds and there was a huge lack of condi counter skills and builds making condi even stronger, that’s totally true, but actually conditions are countered by so much things that isn’t easy at all play condition. Any good warrior will just ignore your conditions, any good thief will eat condi builds alive, any skilled ele will make your condi spam useless in teamfight. Condi builds need different playstyle experience than power builds and in a high level enviroment you find that Power is way better than Condi for almost All the classes. Only mesmer and necro do better with Condition than with power, all the otehr classes do highly better with Power then Condi.

Talking about the mechanic the condition grant easier damage if you don’t clean it, but also delay your damage over time, while a power damage is istant and that’s already a huge advantage. If the enemy is totally unable to clean conditions and is unable to burst you down fast enough is doomed. The problem is that any decent build run at last 2 condi clean/transfer and frequently more, with a lot of other defensive skills that also affect condition spam.
Everyone think that defences like Block or Immunity are useless against conditions but the only thing they do is use them BAD. If you Block a condi burst you block all the future damage, still if the enemy conditions inflict you damage while you’re blocking.

Atm there’s only a huge L2P issue around all the game. May that be a newbye problem, may be that a low rank lack of experience, may that be because newbyes play random builds and think to do good unless they find a guardian that burst them down with conditions, may be beause there’s not enough players that think to all the ways you can counter condition spam and damage, may that be that everyone still think that condition damage kill more than power damage or because everyone think that DoT skills don’t have to kill you, and not even so fast, and then cry when a condi build kill them, may be the lack of knowledge of the other classes and how they work and what’s they’re best skills to block/dodge/immune to make they’re damage low.
There’s a large amount of wrong behaviour about condition and inexperienced players that cry don’t knowing they’re enemies weakness.

Condition builds are strong and can kill you. You can counter condi builds in different ways using the right skills and timing. Condition is a Valid alternative to Power, grant a good build diversity and don’t need nerfs because otehrwise there will be no more conditions and everyone wil play Only Power builds (no one want to play builds unable to kill the enemy).
Just make more practice, learn from your mistakes, try a condi build and learn how to counter them.

Tl;dr

Condi is completely passive gameplay, boring as kitten to watch. Power requires timing. That’s how this game has always been.

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

From time to time I switch from power necros, to condi necros, I just recently switched back to power necros. Do you know why?

The last 2 teams I faced before switching back to power were all condi removal……they pretty much made my conditions utterly useless, I could put 5 conditions on someone (torment, bleed, poison, cripple, blind, chill, etc) and before I knew it…they were all gone and id have to try and spam them back on with little to no success

I don’t meant to be that guy…but condi really isn’t an issue once you know how to counter it

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Looking at the responses here, people don’t want to counter it. Even before the condition change people were still complaining about conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

From time to time I switch from power necros, to condi necros, I just recently switched back to power necros. Do you know why?

The last 2 teams I faced before switching back to power were all condi removal……they pretty much made my conditions utterly useless, I could put 5 conditions on someone (torment, bleed, poison, cripple, blind, chill, etc) and before I knew it…they were all gone and id have to try and spam them back on with little to no success

I don’t meant to be that guy…but condi really isn’t an issue once you know how to counter it

Video or it didn’t happen

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

I play druid and I have no problem with these Overpowered builds you speak of. condi druid is a bit of a joke if you ask me. it has no sustain and little dps outside of using traps. which just make it even more susceptible to gank

Yeah, cause the best tank (who also needs nerfs) atm can withstand the condispam, the condispam is fine. rofl

That’s because every ‘’true power build’’ disapeared… You know.. the folks who ran full berzerker builds..back when we said high risk reward and it actually applied…Heart of Thorns killed those… they don’t exist anymore…

What you see now as a ‘’power build’’ is only folks saying ‘’the amulet have +power stat so it is a power build you know! Erp kitten ’’.

I would qualify such builds as support/bunker before anything else.

in PvP

Silv.9207

That’s because every ‘’true power build’’ disapeared… You know.. the folks who ran full berzerker builds..back when we said high risk reward and it actually applied…Heart of Thorns killed those… they don’t exist anymore…

What you see now as a ‘’power build’’ is only folks saying ‘’the amulet have +power stat so it is a power build you know! Erp kitten ’’.

Yes, because Marauder (the most chosed amulet in the game) isn’t a Power dps amulet at all, it’s more a full bunker amulet… it have only Power, Precision and Ferocity, with a little add of Vitality and a little lesser Ferocity than Berserker. But ehy, that make it a Bunker amulet, isn’t that?
Seroiusly… 80% of players I see in game use Power.
At last eles and some rangers use Menders, but they still have Power and Precision to inflict damage. Eles go more bunkerish they can and use skills that don’t inflict so much damage, but Rangers can inflict a high damage also with an amulet with lesser precision and no ferocity than marauder/berserker.

Also Warriors frequently run in Berserker because already have enough hp and all the defensive skills they need to survive to everything, and also few thief run zerk.

Who inflict damage in this meta go Power dps.

Condition stacks can be removed by random AoE (by ele, ranger, engi or eventually a guardian if go support) adn every build have different skills to counter condiiton damage. frequently more skill to counter condiiton than power damage because everyone fear the “op” condiiton damage.
I run a necro with only the staff 4, the heal and the passive plague signet to clean/transfer conditions and I don’t need more to fight. I spend more activable skills to protect me from Power damage than Condition because there’s only few condi builds and a large amount of power builds and frequently in team fights I find my passive plague signet send to the enemy only conditions like vulnerability, cripple, weakness, immobilize and eventually few damaging conditions but not so much.

I don’t know if I’m lucky to find 4-5 power builds on the enemy team in every match or if players see that I play necro and they change to power to elude my condi transfert and kill me easier.

The only classes i see play condi are mesmer and necro, and not all the mesmer and necro I find on my matches play conditions, frequently they play Power.
There should be few burn guardian, but they’re the easiest condi build to kill. wait for the burst, active the condi clean and the enemy damage is reduced by 70% for 30 seconds or more. Incredibly easy to fight even with few condi clean.

Back in time the condition damage was seriously out of hand, with different problems of balance, but actually there’s not so much balance problems. In a large amount of team fight situations a condi build inflict lesser than 50% of damage if compared to a power build. Depending on the enemy team composition, even lesser than 30%.

If you play 1v1 against a mesmer that know how to play and your build isn’t made to counter condition spam and you can’t burst down the enemy fast enough you will probably die, but in a team fight there’s not a single problem about condition damage.
Also, if your build is able to counter conditions (the current Power Warrior for example) there’s not a single problem to fight a condi build and the only way to lose is make some big mistakes.

Condition can be dangerous and can kill you. If different condi builds focus you you will die, but that happen also with Power builds and Power builds will do it without any problem to see they’re damage reduced or resisted and really faster.

If you hate so much condition builds and are unable to fight one in 1v1 try to change your build, your playstyle, learn the enemy class mechanics and if you still aren’t able to fight one don’t fight it alone but go in 2v2-3v3, if your team isn’t bad there will be someone to clean your conditions.

When I play my necro, guardian or ranger I fear Power builds much more than Condi builds because they’re damage can’t be mitigated so easly and can’t be negated. if a power build hit you you will suffer all the damage, with eventually a mitigation by protection (also because no one actually use amulets with toughness and the Power damage have a free way to inflict it’s full damage easier than ever).
i feel more dangerous builds like Power warrior with tons of CC, or the dh trapper or the extremely boring immobilize ranger (that is funny to play because make the enemy totally unable to do anything but is really boring to fight).

Just try to play as a team and change your build.
If you don’t want to adapt to a little condition damage builds there’s nothing we can tell you and nothing that you can tell us.

in PvP

Phantom.5389

Yes, because Marauder (the most chosed amulet in the game) isn’t a Power dps amulet at all, it’s more a full bunker amulet… it have only Power, Precision and Ferocity, with a little add of Vitality and a little lesser Ferocity than Berserker. But ehy, that make it a Bunker amulet, isn’t that?
Seroiusly… 80% of players I see in game use Power.
At last eles and some rangers use Menders, but they still have Power and Precision to inflict damage. Eles go more bunkerish they can and use skills that don’t inflict so much damage, but Rangers can inflict a high damage also with an amulet with lesser precision and no ferocity than marauder/berserker.

Also Warriors frequently run in Berserker because already have enough hp and all the defensive skills they need to survive to everything, and also few thief run zerk.

Who inflict damage in this meta go Power dps.

Condition stacks can be removed by random AoE (by ele, ranger, engi or eventually a guardian if go support) adn every build have different skills to counter condiiton damage. frequently more skill to counter condiiton than power damage because everyone fear the “op” condiiton damage.
I run a necro with only the staff 4, the heal and the passive plague signet to clean/transfer conditions and I don’t need more to fight. I spend more activable skills to protect me from Power damage than Condition because there’s only few condi builds and a large amount of power builds and frequently in team fights I find my passive plague signet send to the enemy only conditions like vulnerability, cripple, weakness, immobilize and eventually few damaging conditions but not so much.

I don’t know if I’m lucky to find 4-5 power builds on the enemy team in every match or if players see that I play necro and they change to power to elude my condi transfert and kill me easier.

The only classes i see play condi are mesmer and necro, and not all the mesmer and necro I find on my matches play conditions, frequently they play Power.
There should be few burn guardian, but they’re the easiest condi build to kill. wait for the burst, active the condi clean and the enemy damage is reduced by 70% for 30 seconds or more. Incredibly easy to fight even with few condi clean.

Back in time the condition damage was seriously out of hand, with different problems of balance, but actually there’s not so much balance problems. In a large amount of team fight situations a condi build inflict lesser than 50% of damage if compared to a power build. Depending on the enemy team composition, even lesser than 30%.

If you play 1v1 against a mesmer that know how to play and your build isn’t made to counter condition spam and you can’t burst down the enemy fast enough you will probably die, but in a team fight there’s not a single problem about condition damage.
Also, if your build is able to counter conditions (the current Power Warrior for example) there’s not a single problem to fight a condi build and the only way to lose is make some big mistakes.

Condition can be dangerous and can kill you. If different condi builds focus you you will die, but that happen also with Power builds and Power builds will do it without any problem to see they’re damage reduced or resisted and really faster.

If you hate so much condition builds and are unable to fight one in 1v1 try to change your build, your playstyle, learn the enemy class mechanics and if you still aren’t able to fight one don’t fight it alone but go in 2v2-3v3, if your team isn’t bad there will be someone to clean your conditions.

When I play my necro, guardian or ranger I fear Power builds much more than Condi builds because they’re damage can’t be mitigated so easly and can’t be negated. if a power build hit you you will suffer all the damage, with eventually a mitigation by protection (also because no one actually use amulets with toughness and the Power damage have a free way to inflict it’s full damage easier than ever).
i feel more dangerous builds like Power warrior with tons of CC, or the dh trapper or the extremely boring immobilize ranger (that is funny to play because make the enemy totally unable to do anything but is really boring to fight).

Just try to play as a team and change your build.
If you don’t want to adapt to a little condition damage builds there’s nothing we can tell you and nothing that you can tell us.

I don’t know man. I don’t play this pvp mode since season 2 or 3. I only see what happens in WvW and believe the same must be happening in PvP to a lesser extent (since they don’t have access to Dire+Trailblazer amulets along with a few condition runes). Even as I look into metabattle, I see 2 marauder builds being meta and 2 condition builds… but wait… You see 3 builds with menders amulet being ’’meta’’. As you scroll down to the ’’great’’ build on metabattle, you see menders amulet and condition amulet on a 2 to 1 ratio against power choices. Yes there are viable true power builds. Is it all you see? Doubt it.

If I’m wrong, praise the lord. Maybe Anet actually did something good. But so far, what I see are boring builds without any aggressive utility skills since all they slot are anti condition with even the anti condition sigils on top of it.

I simply feel that the PvP was much more interesting when folks were not forced into building only around being condi cleanse machine. Pre-HoT pvp was the golden age in my eyes.

in PvP

Silv.9207

Pre HoT was really funny, but also depend on what time of “before hot” you’re talking about. Because after the trait+condition rework there was so many condi builds in game that the actual meta laugh when someone call it “condi meta”. Even more if you call the actual meta a “bunker meta”.

You’re right, there’s a lot of meta builds with mender but lesser players that use that classes or builds than who use the Power dps classes and builds.
Also when I see someone that don’t play the main meta 70% times is using a marauder amulet with an offensive power build.
Eles play as suports and don’t need offensive stats 8still if not a single ele play amulets like magi). And a Druid don’t need Marauder to inflict huge damage because the HoT pets inflict so much damage that is better increase the healing to keep you and your pet alive than increase the ranger personal dps. The pet surviving longer will inflict all the damage you need to cover the lack of ferocity between the two amulets.
Also a lot of rangers use dps or immunity builds and they don’t need mender to burst down people and survive.

You play a Bunker build when you use amulets like Magi or Paladin (the only two bunker amulets actually in game), not a Mender that still grant you enough damage to kill someone. I don’t see anyone use that amulets, not even druids.

The huge difference from now and before HoT is that before HoT there was classes and builds able to survive even in 1v3-1v4 easy for Minutes.
Do you remember the old decapper bunker engi? I hated that unkillable build! Or the elementalist? So unkillable that ANet reworked an entire Class only to kill them! Because, you know, ANet granted to necromancers tons of skills to corrupt boons ONLY to make them a counter for elementalists, otherwise there was no one able to kill an ele. Before that fix the main class to steal boons was the Mesmer, that had this chance/role since the game release.
And the dps? The dps was so low that even necros was able to survive in a team fight and his defensive statistics using a celestial amulet plus the life force granted him a really good survavibility.
Do you remember that a single 1v1 duration was able to be more than 4 minutes?

Yeah, that was a golden age for all the dps builds and all the active and reactive gameplay… or not?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

nerf condi goes against wath ANet has being trying to reach, what they will make is a new spec that will use the ocnditions on allies and self and transform them back to burn.

balance trough gimmick… cause they are clueless…

IMO they should nerf condis for pressure only, like condis worked in gw1 and they should bring back some hexes, maybe transform some conditions in hexes.

Still theres to much aoe/cleave spam damage going arround and damage is easy andlow effort thing in this game….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

im actually pretty good at fighting condi builds (warrior main).

i do get killed by power damage a lot tho. so i’d like direct damage nerfed to the ground so i never die from it.

the reason i want this, is- because it will make me win more fights without having to get better. see, i like to win, but i don’t like to improve so i really think this would be good for me.

/s

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Phantom.5389

Pre HoT was really funny, but also depend on what time of “before hot” you’re talking about. Because after the trait+condition rework there was so many condi builds in game that the actual meta laugh when someone call it “condi meta”. Even more if you call the actual meta a “bunker meta”.

You’re right, there’s a lot of meta builds with mender but lesser players that use that classes or builds than who use the Power dps classes and builds.
Also when I see someone that don’t play the main meta 70% times is using a marauder amulet with an offensive power build.
Eles play as suports and don’t need offensive stats 8still if not a single ele play amulets like magi). And a Druid don’t need Marauder to inflict huge damage because the HoT pets inflict so much damage that is better increase the healing to keep you and your pet alive than increase the ranger personal dps. The pet surviving longer will inflict all the damage you need to cover the lack of ferocity between the two amulets.
Also a lot of rangers use dps or immunity builds and they don’t need mender to burst down people and survive.

You play a Bunker build when you use amulets like Magi or Paladin (the only two bunker amulets actually in game), not a Mender that still grant you enough damage to kill someone. I don’t see anyone use that amulets, not even druids.

The huge difference from now and before HoT is that before HoT there was classes and builds able to survive even in 1v3-1v4 easy for Minutes.
Do you remember the old decapper bunker engi? I hated that unkillable build! Or the elementalist? So unkillable that ANet reworked an entire Class only to kill them! Because, you know, ANet granted to necromancers tons of skills to corrupt boons ONLY to make them a counter for elementalists, otherwise there was no one able to kill an ele. Before that fix the main class to steal boons was the Mesmer, that had this chance/role since the game release.
And the dps? The dps was so low that even necros was able to survive in a team fight and his defensive statistics using a celestial amulet plus the life force granted him a really good survavibility.
Do you remember that a single 1v1 duration was able to be more than 4 minutes?

Yeah, that was a golden age for all the dps builds and all the active and reactive gameplay… or not?

Yea Pre-Hot is vague ahahah
I loved the meta with Hambow warriors/support guardians. But I have to admit the best meta was right after celestial nerf and before the june patch… sadly this meta did not last long.

I have to admit I had my share of fun during the cele ele meta since I ran a full zerker warrior with bullrush + axe/shield + Greatsword traited for the 3% dmg boost per boons. I could eat cele eles in a matter of seconds. Good old days for me… But agreed that this meta was pretty boring since you had 2-3 cele eles on each team…

As for reactive gameplay, I loved it when engis had magnetic pull and the likes, mesmers were all about that well timed f1 shatter and nicely placed portal (instead of spamming their shatters), guardian blind and aegis were primordial… A good guardian could do great, a bad mediguard would melt and cry because they spammed their ulilities and had no more defense… now DH f3 give them a loooong block frame instead of a 1 hit aegis. Warriors running Bullrush with a 40 second cooldown… Miss it and you wanted to cry, use it well and you could wombo combo eviscerate. If the warrior used hammer… that well placed skullcracker would often dictate the fight. I could go on and on… Even the ‘’trash tier ranger’’ put in good hands would do great. I remember a few melee rangers being awesome duelist back in the days… but good rangers were a rare sight :’(

So yes. The game was much more skilled and reactive back in the days if you ask me.