Candle Light Vigil for Power Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I’d like to organize a dedicated ceremony to the death of power berserker.

If someone would like to recommend a location (personally I was thinking outside of ArenaNet’s headquarters) we can look to find a peaceful spot to celebrate this already underpowered PvP spec getting nerfed into oblivion by cash grabs. Please bring Pizza.

We can include any other specs that were thoroughly destroyed by wild incompetence as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

That sounds lovely. And they say PvP players have no class.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Ok, so I have read the patch notes and I personally don’t see anything major to warrant a vigil. What am I not seeing in the notes?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Ok, so I have read the patch notes and I personally don’t see anything major to warrant a vigil. What am I not seeing in the notes?

Profession:
Primal Burst: These skills now count as level-1 bursts for the purposes of traits that scale on adrenaline level.

Just in case that isn’t clear, when you take all these slow, telegraphed moves that you need to hit for condi clear and sustain, and to ramp up damage…

And you nerf all of them by 66%…. Power Berserker was already struggling against anyone with half a brain to dodge roll.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Profession:
Primal Burst: These skills now count as level-1 bursts for the purposes of traits that scale on adrenaline level.

Just in case that isn’t clear, when you take all these slow, telegraphed moves that you need to hit for condi clear and sustain, and to ramp up damage…

And you nerf all of them by 66%…. Power Berserker was already struggling against anyone with half a brain to dodge roll.

So the primal burst damage is treated as T1 instead of 3?

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Its “power” level now goes accordingly to its ease of use, this was actually a decent patch.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Yes, its nerfed into oblivion and considering that Warrior was already the least used class in high level play, anyone who says this was warranted or a “decent patch” is delusional.

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Yes, its nerfed into oblivion and considering that Warrior was already the least used class in high level play, anyone who says this was warranted or a “decent patch” is delusional.

Decent patch. I remember when I mained my war/berserker, watching my class being Anet’s favorite child, all “balances” were very easy on us compared to the other classes.

I got bored of how easy I had it (I was not pro by any standards) so I switched. Granted soem balances were not warranted (like the shield bash for instance), however overall it is what I wish we got when I played it. Very recently I started to pick it back up again. Very rocky start (rusty af) but now actual skill is required to beat some classes. Most fun I have had on it in a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Yeah after getting nerfed in the last patch, warrior was already in the less used and desirable classes. But I guess some people still tougher it out and played it. So hopefully with this nerf, they will completely destroy the utility of the class and prevent more people from playing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

it’s the kittening condi clear against condi bursts i have an issue with and the nerf in pve to berserkers power which nerfs phalanx strength in berserker mode. it should only affect the healing of adrenal health to tier 1but cleansing ire and berserkers powers shoulda remain untouched warrior got nerfed in 3 friggin modes.

i mean friggin mirage is coming and u gonna make only a frigigin 1 condi cleanse i mean wtf man?

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Power warrior was always kind of meh in spvp, but they’re still broken in wvw.

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Decent patch. I remember when I mained my war/berserker, watching my class being Anet’s favorite child, all “balances” were very easy on us compared to the other classes.

I got bored of how easy I had it (I was not pro by any standards) so I switched. Granted soem balances were not warranted (like the shield bash for instance), however overall it is what I wish we got when I played it. Very recently I started to pick it back up again. Very rocky start (rusty af) but now actual skill is required to beat some classes. Most fun I have had on it in a while.

While I understand that maybe the mechanics of berserker are fairly easy to grasp, it is absolutely ridiculous that they took this approach. Berserker doesn’t feel like a bloodlusting berserker, it feels stupid. It gets nuked by condis, it doesnt get jack kitten for landing telegraphed burst, and it’s only been changed because of spellbreaker.

If you can tell yourself that Berserker needed a 66% nerf to these capacities with the amount of condi stacking and power creep that is currently in the game, I don’t think you’re actually assessing balance logically.

Your nostalgia doesn’t tie into the current state of the game, and while I appreciate higher skill ceilings, they need to have repercussions for people getting hit by skills that have enormous tells.

Once again, this class could not be properly used at high level play before this nerf. Now? Blatant catering to spellbreaker reliance for power builds.

The only positive thing about this is that I have no problem choosing core warrior now. I don’t think it should be such an easy decision for Power Builds just because Anet wants money.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Take heart. Mirage will be nerfed into the ground after release. Warrior will be up again soon enough. This a well established pattern.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Im boycotting the expansion until they roll this back.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Power warrior was always kind of meh in spvp, but they’re still broken in wvw.

WvW “balance” should never be a concern in any decisions. It is impossible to balance a game mode like that and they really shouldn’t try.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I played war in season 5 and they got pooped on by a good dh, doesn’t matter what your build is or how good you are. They then nerfed war way too hard and gave dh a slap on the wrist, all while silver scrubs where complaining about warriors “stunlock kills”.

Anet needs to include a minimum MMR in the pvp forums if you ever want warriors to be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Yeah so

I’m actually pretty concerned about the direction of the game after seeing this change to primal burst adrenaline use. This is pretty similar to if you were to walk into a Walmart and just see employees lighting things on fire and blowing up products for absolutely no reason other than to watch them burn. All the while, scaring the kitten out of customers so they leave and never return.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I played war in season 5 and they got pooped on by a good dh, doesn’t matter what your build is or how good you are. They then nerfed war way too hard and gave dh a slap on the wrist, all while silver scrubs where complaining about warriors “stunlock kills”.

Anet needs to include a minimum MMR in the pvp forums if you ever want warriors to be good.

Alot of people have asked for ranks showing in the forums.

For instance the bronze/silver/gold players complaining about X class is completely different from what plat/legendary players are asking for in the case of balance.

For me Anet had a chance S5 to do this but they couldnt even get Leader Boards back into the Leader Board forum.

As someone who mained warrior and ele in PvP. Warrior has been the worst class since HOT.

Season 1 and 2 it was the class that if you were a average player running a meta build you could beat any warrior build.

Season 3 they got some love and it was usable till S6. I dont know about S7 since i didnt really play.

But this thread can go to any build that isnt a new POF spec line. Seriously get ready boys because PvP is about to get Fooked. ( if you are still playing )