Change Legend Top Titles

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Affix.1892

Affix.1892

Legend titles are barely distinguishable from season past titles, even top 10. If these titles are gonna be the same ones awarded every new season. Might as well make the second half of the title different, since this is the first MMR based season.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

something something of the arena plz

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

OP Death God of PvP, oh yea

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

“God of Forty Out of Forty One Games”

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

Both would be dope to see for sure. Anything but legend really, maybe King.. I’m sure they have ideas.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

as one of 2 ppl with the 3rd place title i agree that its super kitten. i got the title and i literally felt nothing because no one will know what it is. they HAVE to change it from legend and make the names actually seem more distinguished the higher they are. like “god of pvp” to “legendary demigod” to …….. immortal legend? wtf? is that a season 2 title for hitting legend?

Darek.1836

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Yeah the titles from S1-5 have been pretty meh

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: GladConcept.4650

GladConcept.4650

as one of 2 ppl with the 3rd place title …

Technically, you’re one of six people with the 3rd place title.

Spotted Cow

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

as one of 2 ppl with the 3rd place title …

Technically, you’re one of six people with the 3rd place title.

Let’s be honest, #1 and #2 will never use that title, I mean God of PvP is so awesome i’d never use another title

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

I totally agree with you ESLGuard, its like when you see someone with an “of the arena” title, you immediately know that they are pretty good at the game. The legend titles have been way overused.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Skyronight.6370

Skyronight.6370

I agree, its kinda ridiculous that the titles are all almost the same . Only rank 1 and rank 2 titles are unique, the rest just should sound like previous titles from grind based system that literally anybody could get.

They should have really created more unique titles with the new MMR based system instead of pips.

Hopefully its not too late for anet to change them like they did with the PvP badges when people complained.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Hex.8714

Hex.8714

I agree, its kinda ridiculous that the titles are all almost the same . Only rank 1 and rank 2 titles are unique, the rest just should sound like previous titles from grind based system that literally anybody could get.

They should have really created more unique titles with the new MMR based system instead of pips.

Hopefully its not too late for anet to change them like they did with the PvP badges when people complained.

I doubt they will get changed, maybe for next season

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

yeah I can always dream..

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Don’t have high hopes but yeah, would be nice.
The arena titles were great, they were easily dinstinguishable from anything else, they had the common part “of the arena”, and then you could also easily tell that “master” is higher rank than “soldier” etc.
Wtf even is “unyielding legend”? Is it better than “merciless legend” or is it even from this season or grinding pips? And how does it connect to “legendary demigod”?

-

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

There are too many titles right now with no logic reference to players placement.

You dont know which season they got legend… and you cant differentiate top 10 or 25 titles from top 250 or titles of previous season by just reading the title.

The only title right now with an actuall reference is the season 1 legend title and the current god and demigod of pvp. The rest is only understandable with the gw2 wiki.

Anet should reduce the amount of titles per season and also should stay with one title for the usual legend player. Add some special rewards for people reaching legend a few seasons in a row or with a certain amount of games played, win ratio or class based legend title like Legendary Necromancer/Mesmer/… regarding to the most played class.
This would be more usefull than the current titles.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

That’d be pretty cool as well hopefully they give some thought to it next season at least. It’d be nice not to have a recycled title!

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Don’t have high hopes but yeah, would be nice.
The arena titles were great, they were easily dinstinguishable from anything else, they had the common part “of the arena”, and then you could also easily tell that “master” is higher rank than “soldier” etc.
Wtf even is “unyielding legend”? Is it better than “merciless legend” or is it even from this season or grinding pips? And how does it connect to “legendary demigod”?

Pretty much yeah, I see Merciless/Relentless/Unyielding and no idea what is better unless I actually go and look it up which is pointless imo

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

“God of playing at 5 am and farming gold 2 players”

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

Not everyone participated in that so it doesn’t help to generalize. Going forward if they keep the titles the same in ranked I think everyone would appreciate a little change to have something to aim towards.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

The titles at garbage and need to be changed. In the the past seasons any baddie could get legend, now that it actually means something they need to change the titles ASAP

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

Wouldn’t say garbage, but I mostly agree with Sind and Phoebe there should be a clear order upon first look.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

I agree. Sadly there is almost no reason for anyone who does not have these titles to complain about them limiting the visibility of the “issue”.

Some way to tell which season the title was obtained would be nice. It would give a reason to try to get the titles for every season instead of just one.

I would suggest these, while keeping the original titles untouched a suffix is added that explains what the title means. I dont know is this too much but it is quite hard to think of a better way to show which title is better than another.

God of PvP-Rank 1 of S5
Legendary Demigod-Rank 2 of S5
Immortal Legend-Rank 3 of S5
Unyielding Legend-Top 10 of S5
Relentless Legend-Top 25 of S5
Ruthless Legend-Top 100 of S5
Merciless Legend-Top 250 of S5

These titles would be unique to the rest of the titles in the game though. That might be a problem if anet wants to keep all titles similar in a way that they dont have specific information about how they were obtained.

The title could have been as simple as Legend of PvP Season Five for example while keeping God of Pvp for rank 1, Legendary Demigod for rank 2 and a third title (NOT Immortal Legend) for rank 3.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

That might be a bit too much, but when the people in the rankings themselves have to look it up to see who they are fighting against its a bit of a problem. Obviously this is of lower priority but I would like to see this addressed in the future.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To be fair, the problem comes with X legend titles on earlier seasons meaning very little except you grind out a load of games or played on a premade team. Unless you didn’t take part of were very below average you could be “legendary” in 1-4.

I agree the Legend part should be changed so it’s easier to distinguish from positions and previous seasons.

Change Legend Top Titles

in PvP

Affix.1892

yep ^ the legend part just needs to go at the very least.