Congrats to TCG, the new world champion

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Finally one of the top franchise in gw2 pvp history is crowned as the champion.

This is also the first time, I believe, the mesmer and ranger class have been played on the winning team since the introduction of first WTS in Beijing. And now all of the 9 classes in this game have been included on the champion teams

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Yep, and thanks everyone else for being warm up teams.

It was a great show :P

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Well, Gratz for the LAN performance, pretty dominated, but I don’t forget what happened during the Season in EU side. Pretty trash.

Helseth Interview was better than the entire serie against PZ, very good games between Astral and Rank, and a not so great final but this was most of all for a very strong performance by TCG.

BTW Greatsword Carrion Warrior made the difference, could you bet on this not only 3 years ago but just some months ago?

Lol

Drazeh MVP

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Well, Gratz for the LAN performance, pretty dominated, but I don’t forget what happened during the Season in EU side. Pretty trash.

Helseth Interview was better than the entire serie against PZ, very good games between Astral and Rank, and a not so great final but this was most of all for a very strong performance by TCG.

BTW Greatsword Carrion Warrior made the difference, could you bet on this not only 3 years ago but just some months ago?

Lol

Drazeh MVP

It’s a shame that GS Carrion war has no place in regular ranked games because of how it works. It’s basically there to just stall caps and prevent decaps forever. Doesn’t really work in most ranked games where players don’t know how to rotate or +1.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

#DrazehMVP #bestduellerworld #Drazehisbeast

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Congrats to TCG!!

in PvP

Phil.8901

Lol

Drazeh MVP

It’s a shame that GS Carrion war has no place in regular ranked games because of how it works. It’s basically there to just stall caps and prevent decaps forever. Doesn’t really work in most ranked games where players don’t know how to rotate or +1.

Yeah for sure but to be honest a lot of things don’t work in a random queue and work in team queue (most of all at best level possible).

We all know this is a totally different game in pro league top tier andfor the rest of teams/other players, there is a huge gap.

In general I hope Anet can build something different for all players, I’m a supporter of Arena 2vs2, I really think a game mode like this could help the entire scene, twitch, players, teams, basically everything.

Hugh, listen to us

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

so how many viewers?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

the AA and 55 dragon games where better specially game 1 and 3

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Phil.8901

It was like 5k+ for the final, not bad for GW2, in general was an enjoyable show.

But the real problem never was the pro league or this show, the problem is the pvp quality game every day for each player.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

usually i find the gw2 pvp games boring to watch but im surprise myself that this games and match up is actually really fun to watch.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

It was like 5k+ for the final, not bad for GW2, in general was an enjoyable show.

But the real problem never was the pro league or this show, the problem is the pvp quality game every day for each player.

PvP is absolute kitten for 99% of the playerbase. People with high MMR winning without needing to try, people with low MMR losing regardless of what they do, not a decent match to be found anywhere in between.

If you’re not in a group queue, your experience is terrible, 100% of the time.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

PvP is absolute kitten for 99% of the playerbase. People with high MMR winning without needing to try, people with low MMR losing regardless of what they do, not a decent match to be found anywhere in between.

If you’re not in a group queue, your experience is terrible, 100% of the time.

This is a festive occassion, no need to ruin it

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

There was a tournament? Why were there no advertisments? Maybe I would have tuned in for a few minutes during the OG OverWatch Invitationals downtime :/

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Congrats to TCG, I wasn’t expecting them to win, but they did great. The whole thing in the regular Pro League was a shame, but almost worth the pain just to being able to see the god tier levels of trolling from Helseth in the final interview.

There was a tournament? Why were there no advertisments? Maybe I would have tuned in for a few minutes during the OG OverWatch Invitationals downtime :/

Overwatch! I almost forgot that I paid for that game and is somewhere in my HD… How’s doing? I heard that the random drops do makes generic Korean MMO grinding “reasonable”.

in PvP

Crovax.7854

Overwatch! I almost forgot that I paid for that game and is somewhere in my HD… How’s doing? I heard that the random drops do makes generic Korean MMO grinding “reasonable”.

Don’t know where you heard that because you get a loot box every ~5 games/1h but it’s doing insanely well. About two weeks ago there were reportedly over 10 million active players and they have multiple tournaments a each week; all of them averaging around 25-30k viewers, which is insane considering the scene is relatively young and those tourneys are iirc completely community organized.

Plus r/overwtach just overtook r/minecraft and is now the third largest gaming subreddit after pokemon and league. Jeff Kaplan, the lead game designer has been incredibly open and regularly posts on the forums and the subreddit as well as youtube videos where he talks about things to come and design decisions.

I know it’s cool to hate on blizz but ANet definitely could learn a thing or two.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Don’t know where you heard that because you get a loot box every ~5 games/1h but it’s doing insanely well. About two weeks ago there were reportedly over 10 million active players and they have multiple tournaments a each week; all of them averaging around 25-30k viewers, which is insane considering the scene is relatively young and those tourneys are iirc completely community organized.

Plus r/overwtach just overtook r/minecraft and is now the third largest gaming subreddit after pokemon and league. Jeff Kaplan, the lead game designer has been incredibly open and regularly posts on the forums and the subreddit as well as youtube videos where he talks about things to come and design decisions.

I know it’s cool to hate on blizz but ANet definitely could learn a thing or two.

Perhaps the community there is less toxic and more cooperative as well.

GW2 Forums = Full of complaining
Twitch Chat = Still full of complaining

So yea.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Crovax.7854

It was advertised everywhere. There was a buff in-game, there was an ad in every loading screen in-game, there was an ad in the front page of the Guild Wars 2 site and login window, and there was an a notice on these forums and Reddit.

Short of them visiting your house and telling you personally, I’m not sure what more they could do. If people don’t tune in, they’re just not interested or not paying attention.

Yes, I assume that is was mostly my fault. What I posted there were my immediate thoughts after reading the title. Usually I’m being made aware of tournaments when viewership for certain games on the twitch HP spikes.
I haven’t played GW2 in quite a while since there’s nothing really worthwhile to do aside from grinding HoT maps and the post on the subreddit had so little upvotes that I just overlooked it :/
I was interested but I assumed that, just like with other games, those with ongoing tourneys just appear on the twitch frontpage even when they normally don’t have a huge following. A good example for that would be several SSB Melee tournaments in the last couple of weeks.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

great fights
we still see how ranger and ele combination manage to hold point even if team losing players combine with warrior who also manage to do so for shorter time.
great portaling and rotation and support

GG TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

the start of the finals was fishy. again. they just stopped the match and started all over again. because they had “technical issues” and someone “didnt feel well”. since anet, known for integrity, would never lie, its remarkable that both happened at the same time. and anet kept us informed very professionally, good job as always.

second season that a bunch of silly cheaters win. the same cowards btw. its beyond disgusting, really. they should have been banned in the first place, but they get a restart if needed instead.

i spit on your “game” anet. i spit on your wannabepros and i spit on those who hype a team that even fails to jump the shortcut in kyhlo or boxes in skyhammer. this game, this “pvp”, is a joke. it will never grow. which is good.

(edited by Khales.3198)

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Congrats TCG! It was a great finals, the grand final itself was pretty good, especially the last game (if only rank 55 could have kept that Lord alive for 10 more seconds what could have happened then…). The absolute highlight of the finals for me was the r55 vs. Astral series. That was absolutely awesome, far better than their series at the season 1 finals. Astral should probably have won at least one of the first 2 games to make it a 3-2 but it was great anyway. Also, like the commentators said, we will probably see a lot of greatsword warriors in game now after drazeh ran it, Similar to how I now see a high percentage of guardians run bunker after tage ran it in the regular season of the pro league. Can’t wait for the world championship!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

the start of the finals was fishy. again. they just stopped the match and started all over again. because they had “technical issues” and someone “didnt feel well”. since anet, known for integrity, would never lie, its remarkable that both happened at the same time. and anet kept us informed very professionally, good job as always.

second season that a bunch of silly cheaters win. the same cowards btw. its beyond disgusting, really. they should have been banned in the first place, but they get a restart if needed instead.

i spit on your “game” anet. i spit on your wannabepros and i spit on those who hype a team that even fails to jump the shortcut in kyhlo or boxes in skyhammer. this game, this “pvp”, is a joke. it will never grow. which is good.

Why not just quit and stop posting here? If you really hate pvp just quit man, stop making salty posts, you sound like a distressed teenager.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

Why not just quit and stop posting here? If you really hate pvp just quit man, stop making salty posts, you sound like a distressed teenager.

sure they restarted because i am salty.

and since it wasnt clear enough for you genius, of course i quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Tcg was in the lead and with two caps.. It was ROM, he threw up and had to go to the toilet.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Perhaps the community there is less toxic and more cooperative as well.

GW2 Forums = Full of complaining
Twitch Chat = Still full of complaining

So yea.

Trust me, once Blizzard screw something up, like they always did with any of their game, people will rage. Just look at WoW pvp forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Really awesome games and good event organisation this time, without any issues. Matches were intense. If you haven’t watched it live, watch VoDs.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Gzzz! Insanely good gameplay by TCG.

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

man you have been complaining for a loooong time, time to chill out and remember its a game and move on, life is too short.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Oh there was a tournament? Congrats!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

It’s been a long time since I actually enjoyed a whole PL stream.

Well done to all the teams, but that EU domination.

11/10 TCG well done.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Before the tourney, I had my bets on rank 55 and considered TCG a wildcard. We hadn’t seen TCG performing against a top team with their new roaster. We saw that they were very dominating against smaller teams (more than rank 55) but that did not prove much.

But when I saw their first games against PZ, I saw a very impressive team and I immediately changed my bet: if they could maintain this intensity, they had it in the pocket…. and they did!

They were truly impressive and it feels that none of the 3 other teams stood a chance. I hate to see how this will fuel Helseth’s arrogance, but this was a well deserved win. Congrats TCG!

On a side note, the news free camera spectating was awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I have no idea who any of these teams are. Gratz though.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

I have no idea who any of these teams are. Gratz though.

TCG and 55 have both actively played in tournaments for 3 years and you have no idea who either of them are? Right ok.

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Brother Belial with trollpost and Belial falling for it?

must be same guy with 2 accounts

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Brother Belial with trollpost and Belial falling for it?

must be same guy with 2 accounts

Nope, I don’t have that much money. I don’t watch the ESL or any other tournament ANet runs, so I’m not going to know, I could play against them or with them and be none the wiser. Guess I’m too busy playing GW2 to know who they are.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i whish the casters instead of talking so much could show us past events and key movements by each players.

like for the next tournamnet Helseth 1v2 at the end of the game….
etc..

in PvP

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Grtz to all the teams, but esp the winner.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer