Consistently Bad Teams?

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: PurpleUrchin.1502

PurpleUrchin.1502

I’ve been PvPing a lot recently, and have greatly improved my win/lose rate since my terrible attempts earlier in the game. These last two nights, I have tried to join the Unranked solo arena and consistently gotten an extremely bad team that got completely obliterated. I’d only win about 1/5 matches, that win being when the other team was even worse, not that mine was good. I’m talking about players who the other 4 couldn’t kill 1 engineer. Players who had no concept of taking points. Since this isn’t a real bug, I can’t get help from ArenaNet, so I’m wondering if theres something I can do so I don’t lose almost every match. It gets old very quick.

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Get a higher rank so your chance of being paired with daily heroes is less.

Bad Elementalist

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

the secret is to stop playing and then play again after a couple of hours. don’t get worked up about a video game.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

I think they should bring back solo and team que but my opinion on the matter is to make the pvp ladder like brackets.
Then make the brackets as follows. 1-500, 501-1000, 1001-1500, 1500-2000.
This will separate players into groups in increments of 500. What good would this be?
Well I’ll tell you.
They can set up the ranking system for soloers and teams the same. say you are ranked in the top 501-1000 range. Well this will mean that you can only climb the rank ladder as long as you are fighting groups whose collective rank is either within or above your teams collective rank. Say your teams average rank is 553 and theirs is 504. Then your ranks still fall under the same bracket so this winning would be able to benefit all players but say your collective rating is 435 and theirs is 1578. This shouldn’t benefit you very much at all because the players are higher ranked on your team.
Also the system should prioritize players of similar ranks to prevent uneven matches. No one cares to wait even 5 minutes for a fair match.
Just give us open world que’ing again and 5 and even 10 or 15 minutes feels like no time flat.
I miss being able to que up while leveling

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Just went up vs the same organized team with 5 solo queueing people three times in a row. Most seemed extremely inexperienced (from double-capping, to rather horrid set-ups and overall inexperience with the maps and mechanics) I’m not very high-ranked, experienced or anything either, neither were the roles very balanced (4 rangers, 1 warrior, goodluck with that.) Enemy team; champion of their respective classes, dragon finishers everywhere and a neat set-up, seemed there was voice-communication aswell, but maybe they’re just good at watching the maps and reacting, knowing where portals were left and when they were cast.

I was starting to enjoy gw2 PvP, but casual play without an organized group seems to be a simply sign-up to getting farmed. Neither would I enjoy being the opponents, just farming an unorganized mess. Judging from map-chat they were enjoying themselves, so atleast that’s something, I on the other hand prefer losing a even match than facerolling bearbows all day long. Few more days like this and I guess it’s time for a new game, it’s a shame since I really enjoy the even matches, but sometimes I just go days without them, whether it’s wins or losses, uneven matches suck.

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

unranked isn’t a solo arena

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

the secret is to stop playing and then play again after a couple of hours. don’t get worked up about a video game.

It’s not just a video game its also time invested and i get upset when people waste my time by not being competent enough to play their character in a ranked pvp setting.

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I dont know what time you que for unranked, but i did a few matches and honestly wasnt worth the waiting. I killed a thief who came to home and right after a mesmer attacked me and i didnt heal and my utility skills were still restting. I killed him too, now these people were at around the same skill level my friends were at cause we killed 3 unranked matches and then got crushed in 3 ranked matches.

All im saying is try to enjoy the match for what it is because your other option is to solo que in ranked. If your having fun 1 vs 1 or 2 vs2 then just enjoy that fight as oppose to worrying about your win/loss

Consistently Bad Teams?

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!