Continued Account Sharing Investigations

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Just make a signature that says, “There’s no proof” and just silently quote people who reply to you.

Such a redundant thread..

No man…a 5 man pvp team that plays all the time….got randomly beat by some PvE ppl with no achieves or titles…like that happens all the time. One time….53 walk-on’s defeated the Patriots…. lol

Or it could be alt/new accounts purchased for the AT. there hasn’t been any proof posted that the accounts were owned by PVE n00bs.

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

Just make a signature that says, “There’s no proof” and just silently quote people who reply to you.

No man…a 5 man pvp team that plays all the time….got randomly beat by some PvE ppl with no achieves or titles…like that happens all the time. One time….53 walk-on’s defeated the Patriots…. lol

Or it could be alt/new accounts purchased for the AT. there hasn’t been any proof posted that the accounts were owned by PVE n00bs.

Sure could be, could also be 5 unicorns signed up for free accounts and played all core builds and spit rainbows while dodging…who knows no proof lol. Ok, fair enough, lets play the other side, what is the alternative that happened? Another top tier team decided to all get alt accounts and play in the AT to troll everyone? lol

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Sure could be, could also be 5 unicorns signed up for free accounts and played all core builds and spit rainbows while dodging…who knows no proof lol. Ok, fair enough, lets play the other side, what is the alternative that happened? Another top tier team decided to all get alt accounts and play in the AT to troll everyone? lol

Could have been euros. Based on the pro league results there are quite a few people that should be able to win an AT against an American draw that didn’t have their best players in it.

in PvP

MasterD.4790

Could have been euros. Based on the pro league results there are quite a few people that should be able to win an AT against an American draw that didn’t have their best players in it.

Ok, fair enough, could be an EU team playing on NA accounts. Even though they have their own AT’s, most of their top guys streamed their AT’s and they’d be playing with a ping that would be hard to fairly compete against top NA players. This makes more sense then an NA team trolling the NA AT?

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Ok, fair enough, could be an EU team playing on NA accounts. Even though they have their own AT’s, most of their top guys streamed their AT’s and they’d be playing with a ping that would be hard to fairly compete against top NA players. This makes more sense then an NA team trolling the NA AT?

The same ping issue would apply if you are playing through a VPN in the us. You would have to access a VPN through your network, then then from the VPN exit and go to the servers.

Until the accounts are proven to be active PVE players that can’t PVP it could be a lot of things. If any of the “banned” players had an inactive alt account or bought a new copy of the game, would they have been prevented from entering the AT? Does dishonor even keep you from entering the AT?

in PvP

MasterD.4790

The same ping issue would apply if you are playing through a VPN in the us. You would have to access a VPN through your network, then then from the VPN exit and go to the servers.

Until the accounts are proven to be active PVE players that can’t PVP it could be a lot of things. If any of the “banned” players had an inactive alt account or bought a new copy of the game, would they have been prevented from entering the AT? Does dishonor even keep you from entering the AT?

See this is where you are wrong, it can’t be a lot of things. What is the alternative? A bunch of pvp players just happened to get together and beat a top tier team? Let’s rule out PvE players. Did 5 random platinum+ pvp players all get together and beat at a top team? Is this what you are suggesting as the alternative? Otherwise, no other situation makes a ton of sense….did 5 top 250 players get together and beat them? Maybe, possibly, but without practice etc? It just seems unlikely.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

Dang.. nos and wakkey kittened up.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Arie its all okay I just want anet to actually do something this time so it doesn’t repeat itself. Make an example out of these kids anet (I hope you’re alright arie was p deep gz)

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Arialyn.6017

Arialyn.6017

Arie its all okay I just want anet to actually do something this time so it doesn’t repeat itself. Make an example out of these kids anet (I hope you’re alright arie was p deep gz)

Yeah, I’m okay Jeffi :c I just have a lot of feelings right now, especially toward anet

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

See this is where you are wrong, it can’t be a lot of things. What is the alternative? A bunch of pvp players just happened to get together and beat a top tier team? Let’s rule out PvE players. Did 5 random platinum+ pvp players all get together and beat at a top team? Is this what you are suggesting as the alternative? Otherwise, no other situation makes a ton of sense….did 5 top 250 players get together and beat them? Maybe, possibly, but without practice etc? It just seems unlikely.

I’m suggesting several things.
1) It could be people from the Euro server. They have a higher skill base than the American server. They could easily put together a team of 5 that could win the NA tournament that BTW didn’t have its best players participating. —as for the ping issue, playing through a VPN will also increase your ping, so if you are making the argument that people from the US ran through a VPN and won, it is just as logical that higher skilled players from Europe did the same thing.
2) Are the accounts that won really random PVE players? Haven’t seen any proof one way or another on that. It could have been an alt. account.
3) If it was an alt account that wasn’t previously involve with account sharing/boosting couldn’t the usual suspects participate in the tourney on that account?

There hasn’t been any “proof” of anything besides Jeff’s team lost.

I really don’t see why people are so upset about this. Whomever won beat them. People weren’t that concerned when vermillion had a legit chance of winning the Euro league and mysteriously had one of their key players lag out. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Vermillion-PoV-on-Week-3-s-Match-vs-TCG/first#post6092091

in PvP

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Where is the response, Gaile?

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in PvP

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

I don’t get why ordinary players need proof as if we are some community jury. Anet themselves said they identified players manipulating matches and have taken action.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Keyba.9570

My point is it was posted within the same day as the AT, and so let people feel frustrated. I don’t see why you need valid proof if you wouldn’t be able to do anything with it anyways.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Keyba.9570

So Anet has the proof, and are conducting investigations. But honestly if Anet, the game creators and ultimate deciders have the proof why do you need it

Revenant is life

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Every time Sly says “certain friend” or “certain someone”, I’m instantly triggered. Sly is the meme we needed in 2017.

There is enough circumstantial evidence for action to be taken as evidenced by the dishonor. That little detail alone speaks volumes in my opinion. Anet doesn’t like “witch hunts” which is why those with “proof” haven’t posted anything really concrete.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

So Anet has the proof, and are conducting investigations. But honestly if Anet, the game creators and ultimate deciders have the proof why do you need it

Do they? They haven’t made a statement on this having proof this OP was posted before the AT happened, so before any of the accused happened.

A certain someone claims he has proof but*l ooks around * yep nowhere.

And people look above claiming I am naming and shaming people lulz not once but a Certain someone and others -* look above * have been naming and shaming with out any proof of their accusations. Hell that certain someone coerced a person in this thread (see Screenshot posted by one of the accused) to make a post naming and shaming the accused.

So where has Anet stated that the accused Were found guilty? And where is the proof?
Oh right none of that has happened yet.

But hey I’m not the one on a witch hunt or naming and shaming others, I’m just asking reasonable questions and not making accusations or naming and shaming but hey, someone’s has to be level headed and reasonable and not acting like a crying child because I lost a video game.

Hey MailMail what are so far baseless and unconfirmed accusations lacking proof and calling for the accused to be permanently banned without having Anet make any final decisions? Oh yeah a witch hunt.

And this OP wa s made before the AT concluded so again who was given dishonor? I see no mention of anyone by Anet. Oh yeah forgot It like the Salem witch trials here.

Oh yeah

Almost forgot

LULZ.

Attachments:

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

He’s only asking for proof because this thread is declaring the parties involved as guilty despite the lack of definitive evidence provided, and everyone is just jumping in demanding punishment based on these claims alone. Until further proof is provided and/or Anet finishes their investigation, then all this just amounts to nothing more than shaming other players. And when the people doing the shaming claim to be doing so based on unprovided proof, it is only logical to request such proof.

Anet doesn’t like “witch hunts” which is why those with “proof” haven’t posted anything really concrete.

Yet they have no issues claiming these players are guilty as if it were a fact, and getting others to join in on these claims. Sure sounds like a witch hunt to me. If those organizing the witch hunt claim to be doing so based on undisclosed proof, then how is it wrong to request such proof?

it was scummy and they knocked all out of decent teams that deserved higher rewards by knocking them out earlier than they shouldve in the tournament by a combination of doing the minimum qp in order to knock out higher seated teams and also by the unexpected factor of unrecognizable pvers playing on a top tier level and getting the jump on people.

Obviously the fact that they won should be enough evidence for everyone to agree that it was Abj.
But the “solid” evidence youll need to actually take action is up to you after repeated offenders continue to make a mock out of you.

Read this carefully and understand. This isn’t someone asking Anet to simply look into the matter. This is someone declaring that the players involved are all guilty and should be punished.

Now I have no issues with Jeff and he is probably correct about all of this, but for the life of me I can’t understand why someone who wants to see the proof (that has been declared to exist) before joining a blind witch hunt is declared a troll.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Keyba.9570

I get that (about the proof) but no one should self righteously demand it if they aren’t the proper authorities (sly). I would like to see it as well, but you don’t see me on a proof witch hunt.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Sly.9518

I get that (about the proof) but no one should self righteously demand it if they aren’t the proper authorities (sly). I would like to see it as well, but you don’t see me on a proof witch hunt.

You clearly don’t know what a which hunt is or means.

It’s not a request for further information or proof that’s for sure.

And again unlike you I’m not accusing anyone of cheating without proof, or did you forget that you said this ?

@kdaddy my point is I can’t hire Jon Jones to beat Daniel cormier so I can be called the champion

To the players points we wouldn’t mind ABJ winning and being called the champion, but instead they won so 5 players who won’t out in the time to get better could be called champions.

So who is the one witchhunting again?

Lulz

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Keyba.9570

but information that has nothing to do with you..

Revenant is life

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Maybe I can simplify this whole thing for you:

Group A – “We know for sure these players cheated and deserve to be punished and we have proof!”

Group B – “What proof?”

Group A – “How dare you ask for my proof you troll!”

While Group A’s allegations may be true, the manner they are going about everything is all wrong. Group B would never have asked about this proof if a) The players in question weren’t being shamed on public forums and b) Group A didn’t bring up the proof in the first place and then never present said proof while continuing to shame the players in question.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in PvP

Sly.9518

Maybe I can simplify this whole thing for you:

Group A – “We know for sure these players cheated and deserve to be punished and we have proof!”

Group B – “What proof?”

While Group A’s allegations may be true, the manner they are going about everything is all wrong. Group B would never have asked about this proof if a) The players in question weren’t being shamed on public forums and b) Group A didn’t bring up the proof in the first place and then never present said proof while continuing to shame the players in question.

Very eloquently put!

in PvP

Keyba.9570

Well Shaogin you are very biased on this situation so let me clarify for you
Anet- " We have caught wind of players cheating and have temporarily banned them for the season"
Group A – “These players deserve more than a dishonor they deserve IP ban (Assuming we are talking about the same group of people)”
Group B – “You guys have no proof you are just crybabies who got beat by better players"

Meanwhile those who are crying foul play were DIRECTLY affected by the outcome of the matches. Those defending the accused have nothing to do with them or were affected by it whatsoever.

Why aren’t those who are accused coming up and speaking about it and relying on the defense of no name players?
Names weren’t brought up until group B provoked A.
I’m guessing these players have had beef with each other in the past based on their arguments.

Revenant is life

(edited by Keyba.9570)

in PvP

Posted by: Sojar.1495

Sojar.1495

They definitely were PvE’ers… Can 100% confirm that fact. Just so that’s clear here.

[Heil] Hydra! Hydra is recruiting. www.heilhydra.com

in PvP

MailMail.6534

We’ve identified additional accounts of players who were involved in account sharing and match manipulation.

We’ve given them dishonor for the remaining season for now. Our investigation is still underway, so additional action may be taken later, should we determine it appropriate.

Quoting for relevance, since everyone wants to ignore the PROOF that Anet has gotten enough evidence to give these players dishonor until the next season.

Now I have no issues with Jeff and he is probably correct about all of this, but for the life of me I can’t understand why someone who wants to see the proof (that has been declared to exist) before joining a blind witch hunt is declared a troll.

lulz you can’t have it both way. You can’t say Jeff is probably correct but then call this a “blind witch hunt”. Which is it?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Well Shaogin you are very biased on this situation so let me clarify for you
Anet- " We have caught wind of players cheating and have temporarily banned them for the season"
Group A – “These players deserve more than a dishonor they deserve IP ban (Assuming we are talking about the same group of people)”
Group B – “You guys have no proof you are just crybabies who got beat by better players"

Meanwhile those who are crying foul play were DIRECTLY affected by the outcome of the matches. Those defending the accused have nothing to do with them or were affected by it whatsoever.

Why aren’t those who are accused coming up and speaking about it and relying on the defense of no name players?
Names weren’t brought up until group B provoked A.
I’m guessing these players have had beef with each other in the past based on their arguments.

I’ve actually been very neutral in this whole ordeal, just can’t understand why people so kittened at someone asking for proof that people are saying they have.

To be clear, Anet’s response didn’t mention anything about the tournament nor did it mention any player’s names. Sure for those piecing puzzles together it may appear obvious, but it provides no proof to the skeptical bystander. In addition, the punishment was light due to a pending investigation, meaning at this time Anet doesn’t have the proof to definitely say the accused are indeed guilty.

As you pointed out in your Group A comment, players are demanding harsher punishments on who they believe to be the perpetrators despite Anet not having finished their investigation. They are also pointing out the players they believe are guilty despite Anet not naming anyone at all, hence the shaming and witch hunt prior to the conclusion of Anet’s investigation.

Also, it was pointed out early in the thread that Anet’s post was about the Abjured and the winning team multiple times before anyone posted a skeptical comment. Go back and read the first page.

We’ve identified additional accounts of players who were involved in account sharing and match manipulation.

We’ve given them dishonor for the remaining season for now. Our investigation is still underway, so additional action may be taken later, should we determine it appropriate.

Quoting for relevance, since everyone wants to ignore the PROOF that Anet has gotten enough evidence to give these players dishonor until the next season.

lulz you can’t have it both way. You can’t say Jeff is probably correct but then call this a “blind witch hunt”. Which is it?

Again, Anet’s post mentions nothing of the tournament nor does it name any players. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the light punishment suggests Anet does not have all the proof they need at this time, thus the investigation.

Also, I clearly have no intentions of wanting to “have it both ways”. It is my personal opinion that Jeff’s allegations are highly probable. However, due to a lack of factual evidence, I can understand how someone could be skeptical over the situation. It is a blind witch hunt because these players are being named and shamed on public forums based solely on accusations alone. If there is any real proof like the claims suggest, it isn’t being provided, and players are joining in on the public shaming simply due to the allegations.

The only conclusion I can draw is there must be some prior beef between the affected players and the skeptical players, because otherwise there would be no need for these silly insults back and forth.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Keyba.9570

To be honest, those accused don’t care about gw2 anymore and are probably not even reading these messages. If they are then they are laughing at the attention it’s bringing.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

there is no honor nor intention for good behavior whatsoever in peoples mind.

not that anyone just says ‘hey, there is an exploit. we are aware, we did report, but we will not abuse it.’

you know, in another world (which is sometimes called ‘real world’) people invented laws for this kind of stuff and it is usually dishonorable if you behave at the expense of others.

how could anyone think in the pixelworld such behaviour might be ok??

screw you mankind…

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: gil hamilton.1026

gil hamilton.1026

I keep hearing in chat the CHEATING is impossible. Obvious it is very possible AND A net does nothing significant. I got suspended for 7 days over some naughty language in chat. The people who REALLY injure players get a slap on the wrist, typical of a type of progressive people who live in the Pacific Northwest where Anet is located. No fairness here.

in PvP

Posted by: gil hamilton.1026

gil hamilton.1026

I keep hearing in chat the CHEATING is impossible. Obvious it is very possible AND A net does nothing significant. I got suspended for 7 days over some naughty language in chat. The people who REALLY injure players get a slap on the wrist, typical of a type of progressive people who live in the Pacific Northwest where Anet is located. No fairness here.

in PvP

Posted by: Sean.8921

Sean.8921

The IRL lawyer in me wants to get a few things straightened, especially the implied feelings of entitlements growing here.

Nothing in the Conduct Breaches Outcomes, User Agreement, or any legal documentation ever states that Anet owes us a duty to rationalize or otherwise prove up their punishments. Attack this at whatever angle you all wish, but the bottom line is it’s all futile discussion because we’re not entitled to the evidence. Heck, every response to ban appeals I’ve read since launch on these forums and the subreddit included nothing more than cursory explanations. What is going to make anyone here today think that raising a valid issue about the lack of evidence will get anywhere?

Regarding the “witch hunt,” the only innocent victims of said hunt are the rest of Ethereal Guardians who are in no way involved with this matter, and yet reportedly harassed as though the entire guild participated in a conspiracy. I’ve spoken with several friends in EG who are still taunted about it to this day.

Captain Charrmandre (SoR) Occasional streamnanigans @ https://goo.gl/9HZUb1

(edited by Sean.8921)

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Being dishonored for purely Account Sharing isn’t right. Some people such as myself got hit again at a random time, and it’s really unjust unless the accounts being shared are being manipulated in a wrong way. The issues with leaderboard boosting/Monthly Automated Tournaments are an example, but just sharing accounts and no manipulation of any sort involved shouldn’t get you extreme dishonor buffs. Account sharing has been happening in all game modes of Guild Wars 2, and it’s been really one sided to how they are executing unfair dishonors. Especially when I know there are a ton of people who have account shared, but I myself get hit due to being a big name in Season 5 incidents. Investigations need to be more stronger, and not just based on IP’s. Sure it’s ToS violations, but I feel as long as nothing bad is happening like just doing dailies for a friend while they’re on vacation or casual stuff shouldn’t be punished severely. Before you decide to give out more dishonors, really look into things.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Buschleague.6738

Buschleague.6738

Being dishonored for purely Account Sharing isn’t right. Some people such as myself got hit again at a random time, and it’s really unjust unless the accounts being shared are being manipulated in a wrong way. The issues with leaderboard boosting/Monthly Automated Tournaments are an example, but just sharing accounts and no manipulation of any sort involved shouldn’t get you extreme dishonor buffs. Account sharing has been happening in all game modes of Guild Wars 2, and it’s been really one sided to how they are executing unfair dishonors. Especially when I know there are a ton of people who have account shared, but I myself get hit due to being a big name in Season 5 incidents. Investigations need to be more stronger, and not just based on IP’s. Sure it’s ToS violations, but I feel as long as nothing bad is happening like just doing dailies for a friend while they’re on vacation or casual stuff shouldn’t be punished severely. Before you decide to give out more dishonors, really look into things.

I’d just be happy it isn’t a ban, you’re the one breaking the TOS agreement.

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I know that, but that alone shouldn’t dishonor for the rest of the PvP season if nothing bad like manipulation involved. Look at PvE boosting/Account sharing on that part. They don’t look into that as much, and it’s one sided because of the outrages from this community. My point is that they just take big names that people complain about and hit them to please everyone without actually looking into it fully. I knew the risks, but purely account sharing shouldn’t be punished severely unless you manipulate things for the bad reasons. It’s just lazy on their part, and it doesn’t change my view on it.

[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ

in PvP

MailMail.6534

I know that, but that alone shouldn’t dishonor for the rest of the PvP season if nothing bad like manipulation involved. Look at PvE boosting/Account sharing on that part. They don’t look into that as much, and it’s one sided because of the outrages from this community. My point is that they just take big names that people complain about and hit them to please everyone without actually looking into it fully. I knew the risks, but purely account sharing shouldn’t be punished severely unless you manipulate things for the bad reasons. It’s just lazy on their part, I knew the risks, and it doesn’t change my view on it.

…so you don’t see how their account sharing in this situation manipulated the AT Monthly in a… bad way?

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I know that, but that alone shouldn’t dishonor for the rest of the PvP season if nothing bad like manipulation involved. Look at PvE boosting/Account sharing on that part. They don’t look into that as much, and it’s one sided because of the outrages from this community. My point is that they just take big names that people complain about and hit them to please everyone without actually looking into it fully. I knew the risks, but purely account sharing shouldn’t be punished severely unless you manipulate things for the bad reasons. It’s just lazy on their part, I knew the risks, and it doesn’t change my view on it.

…so you don’t see how their account sharing in this situation manipulated the AT Monthly in a… bad way?

They boosted for money, my situation wasn’t that lol. I played on mostly my alts/main not aiming for titles or a leaderboard spot. Just the Legend badge, and didn’t even bother for minimum games for it. No boosting/Manipulation (throwing games/anything changing the outcome of games). My point is dishonoring severely purely for just sharing accounts, but not doing anything fishy with it that shouldn’t be punished that hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

it was scummy and they knocked all out of decent teams that deserved higher rewards by knocking them out earlier than they shouldve in the tournament by a combination of doing the minimum qp in order to knock out higher seated teams and also by the unexpected factor of unrecognizable pvers playing on a top tier level and getting the jump on people.

Obviously the fact that they won should be enough evidence for everyone to agree that it was Abj.
But the “solid” evidence youll need to actually take action is up to you after repeated offenders continue to make a mock out of you.

I find it interesting that you’re only ratting out the team that beat you and choose to ignore the blatant accountshare going on in your team (talking about Kraalle playing on Helio’s account).

Basically, you’re ok with cheating so long as it’s in your favor, but you’ll cry a river when it’s against you.

in PvP

Posted by: BabyT.5468

BabyT.5468

Skittledness.5106
I’m very in touch with the playerbase in NA and I only know of 2 people who have received “dishonor” for the remainder of the season who have already received multiple temp bans.Arena pretends it’s doing ban waves when ik Lora of people who are blatantly match fixing and nope…nothing.They only pretend on here they’re doing something to ease tensions and relations.

Hit the mark Acandis.3250. You’re so right. If you’re not in the inner circle you will be bashed on. How come he doesn’t report them. OH right friends keep it among themselves. When someone new enters they start crying.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Bolded where you took a wrong turn and fell off the cliff of knowledge into the perilous abyss of nonsense.

In this specific incident there was 100% nothing innocent like doing someone’s dailies while on holiday and many of the other events where big dishonour punishments were given out were likewise not just doing dailies. I was born on a Saturday but I wasn’t born yesterday!

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Bolded where you took a wrong turn and fell off the cliff of knowledge into the perilous abyss of nonsense.

In this specific incident there was 100% nothing innocent like doing someone’s dailies while on holiday and many of the other events where big dishonour punishments were given out were likewise not just doing dailies. I was born on a Saturday but I wasn’t born yesterday!

Then again you’re assuming things when you don’t know fully the basis of incident. All i’m saying is that there was no boosting similarities to what happened in the AT monthly/manipulating matches to my incident. To say that I fell into nonsense is wrong, I also mentioned casual play, and all i’m stating is severe dishonor handed out for things involving non boosting for money/manipulation isn’t right. Sure it wasn’t specific 100% related to dailies or w/e, but the point is that I played casually and normally. Anet is just looking back at s5 history, and not investigating enough like I said. It doensn’t matter when you’re born

(edited by YourFriendMarvin.4127)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Then again you’re assuming things when you don’t know fully the basis of incident. All i’m saying is that there was no boosting similarities to what happened in the AT monthly/manipulating matches to my incident. To say that I fell into nonsense is wrong, all i’m stating is severe dishonor handed out for things involving non boosting for money/manipulation isn’t right. Sure it wasn’t specific 100% related to dailies or w/e, but the point is that I played casually and normally. Anet is just looking back at s5 history, and not investigating enough like I said. It doensn’t matter when you’re born

I think we’re all just confused why you bring up doing dailies or menial stuff with account sharing, nobody is saying that it should be punishable

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Then again you’re assuming things when you don’t know fully the basis of incident. All i’m saying is that there was no boosting similarities to what happened in the AT monthly/manipulating matches to my incident. To say that I fell into nonsense is wrong, all i’m stating is severe dishonor handed out for things involving non boosting for money/manipulation isn’t right. Sure it wasn’t specific 100% related to dailies or w/e, but the point is that I played casually and normally. Anet is just looking back at s5 history, and not investigating enough like I said. It doensn’t matter when you’re born

I think we’re all just confused why you bring up doing dailies or menial stuff with account sharing, nobody is saying that it’s wrong

I’m comparing that as casual play, not necessarily that. I never said it was wrong or stated that anyone said it was wrong. Like I said, I played on my main/alts with no boosting for currency/manipulation, and Anet gave a dishonor to me without those factors involved without investigating what I did fully. Majority of the people that know me can vouch that I wasn’t involved in anything that shady.

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

The IRL lawyer in me wants to get a few things straightened, especially the implied feelings of entitlements growing here.

Nothing in the Conduct Breaches Outcomes, User Agreement, or any legal documentation ever states that Anet owes us a duty to rationalize or otherwise prove up their punishments. Attack this at whatever angle you all wish, but the bottom line is it’s all futile discussion because we’re not entitled to the evidence. Heck, every response to ban appeals I’ve read since launch on these forums and the subreddit included nothing more than cursory explanations. What is going to make anyone here today think that raising a valid issue about the lack of evidence will get anywhere?

Regarding the “witch hunt,” the only innocent victims of said hunt are the rest of Ethereal Guardians who are in no way involved with this matter, and yet reportedly harassed as though the entire guild participated in a conspiracy. I’ve spoken with several friends in EG who are still taunted about it to this day.

Finally someone gets it…Anet doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. We’re using their software and they can make whatever decision that they want regarding our accounts and our ability to play on our accounts, at any time. When you agreed to use their software, you agreed to these constraints. It’s no different anywhere else, go read the Terms of Service on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/terms.php), etc. Move on with your lives and stop QQ’ing about the whole thing. I get that some of you have friends who got banned but you’re not going to convince Anet differently by whining. When you look at this thing and just call it “account sharing” and try to minimize the damage done to the game/community you’re being disingenuous anyways. To you it may not be a big deal but it costs Anet a lot of money to develop these features and implement them into the game. When their new features are immediately being threatened by manipulative behavior they have to react. Anet is better off having a hard-line stance on this whole thing because they are a business and they need to protect their product’s integrity and their back pocket. When people are punished severely it tends to prevent the incident from occurring in the future. If it was your video game and you cared about its longevity you would do the same thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

I know that, but that alone shouldn’t dishonor for the rest of the PvP season if nothing bad like manipulation involved. Look at PvE boosting/Account sharing on that part. They don’t look into that as much, and it’s one sided because of the outrages from this community. My point is that they just take big names that people complain about and hit them to please everyone without actually looking into it fully. I knew the risks, but purely account sharing shouldn’t be punished severely unless you manipulate things for the bad reasons. It’s just lazy on their part, and it doesn’t change my view on it.

I find it interesting that you’re only ratting out the team that beat you and choose to ignore the blatant accountshare going on in your team (talking about Kraalle playing on Helio’s account).

Basically, you’re ok with cheating so long as it’s in your favor, but you’ll cry a river when it’s against you.

Marvin, the problem with your argument is that you want Anet to look into all this stuff thoroughly and across all game modes. Do you really think Anet has the time or resources for that? Think about what you’re asking…you want Anet to dedicate some of their employees to these investigations. Every minute they spend looking at technical metadata and player-provided evidence to sort out these kinds of issues is time that these employees aren’t working on something useful that moves the video game forward. Why would Anet want to spend time and money on that? If it’s something so severe that Anet can’t ignore it then of course they’re going to have to investigate the issue and deal with it, but in general it’s time and money wasted to do these investigations. Try to think about this stuff as if it was your business, this whole thing is a distraction that costs them money, not to mention it puts the integrity of their game into question (because PvP is a competitive game mode).

To be honest though Acandis is 100% right, there’s a lot more people who should be getting hit with permanent dishonor than the 10 on that list. There’s a good number of people on Discord(s) who have been talking about paying another player to get the God of PvP title or legendary rank and these people are participating in boosting through various methods which has damaged the quality of matches since season 2 and proliferated since season 5. The funny part is some of the people doing this stuff aren’t even being covert about it. I won’t put names on this forum but look at the first link if you don’t believe me, here’s a blatant example of account sharing/swapping in order to pair a high-rated player with a low-rated player, if you listen to the audio you’ll hear the following… [Player 1]: “Just get on a different account then…” [Player 2]: “Umm I’m not sure if I have another low-rated one.” The players on this video clip are talking about swapping accounts (that they don’t own by the way but have access to) on stream! How much more open about sharing accounts and boosting could you be? Oh and the most ironic part of all is these are the same people who cry the loudest about the poor state of PvP while they’re contributing to its downfall. To be honest with you I hope Anet continues to draw a hard line in the sand and permanently dishonors more players so that all of the people who have been boosting get a swift kick to their ego’s and this kind of stuff stops happening in future seasons of PvP.

[Link]: https://streamable.com/egcne

Also if you want to understand some of the methods being used to manipulate matches just read the first post on this forum thread (See Link Below):

[Link]: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Match-Manipulation-Solo-Duo-Is-The-Problem

Here’s a discord image of a player most platinum/legendary PvP’ers know offering to boost another player to top 10 (See Link Below):

[Link]: http://imgur.com/a/ofeYT

(edited by Nothing.4953)

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Marvin, the problem with your argument is that you want Anet to look into all this stuff thoroughly and across all game modes. Do you really think Anet has the time or resources for that? Think about what you’re asking…you want Anet to dedicate some of their employees to these investigations. Every minute they spend looking at technical metadata and player-provided evidence to sort out these kinds of issues is time that these employees aren’t working on something useful that moves the video game forward. Why would Anet want to spend time and money on that? If it’s something so severe that Anet can’t ignore it then of course they’re going to have to investigate the issue and deal with it, but in general it’s time and money wasted to do these investigations. Try to think about this stuff as if it was your business, this whole thing is a distraction that costs them money, not to mention it puts the integrity of their game into question (because PvP is a competitive game mode).

To be honest though Acandis is 100% right, there’s a lot more people who should be getting hit with permanent dishonor than the 10 on that list. There’s a good number of people on Discord(s) who have been talking about paying another player to get the God of PvP title or legendary rank and these people are participating in boosting through various methods which has damaged the quality of matches since season 2 and proliferated since season 5. The funny part is some of the people doing this stuff aren’t even being covert about it. I won’t put names on this forum but look at the first link if you don’t believe me, here’s a blatant example of account sharing/swapping in order to pair a high-rated player with a low-rated player, if you listen to the audio you’ll hear the following… [Player 1]: “Just get on a different account then…” [Player 2]: “Umm I’m not sure if I have another low-rated one.” The players on this video clip are talking about swapping accounts (that they don’t own by the way but have access to) on stream! How much more open about sharing accounts and boosting could you be? Oh and the most ironic part of all is these are the same people who cry the loudest about the poor state of PvP while they’re contributing to its downfall. To be honest with you I hope Anet continues to draw a hard line in the sand and permanently dishonors more players so that all of the people who have been boosting get a swift kick to their ego’s and this kind of stuff stops happening in future seasons of PvP.

[Link]: https://streamable.com/egcne

Also if you want to understand some of the methods being used to manipulate matches just read the first post on this forum thread (See Link Below):

[Link]: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Match-Manipulation-Solo-Duo-Is-The-Problem

Here’s a discord image of a player most PvP’ers know offering to boost another player to top 10 (See Link Below):

[Link]: http://imgur.com/a/ofeYT

I understand the methods of manipulation, and obviously I did not involve my accounts to change the outcome of the matches in any of those methods. I’m not asking them to look through every game mode, of course that takes alot of resources. It still doesn’t change how it was handled toward myself, sure there is integrity, but being lazy still is also bad integrity to those players who put a lot of time into the game and punished unjustfully. In the end it’s to please the uproars. If that’s how they handle “integrity”, then sure i’ll accept what it is. I won’t agree with how it’s carried out. That’s how you will continue to lose a player base by feeding the toxicity of the community. Anywho i’ll just stop here, and i’ll just send another ticket which will just get shafted again.

(edited by YourFriendMarvin.4127)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think someone could make a legit sitcom out of gw2 NA PvP scene.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I had actually thought about streaming something like that, where the players on my discord are purposely reacting with ridiculously over exaggerated gamer responses. Then later it shows clips of how GW2 pvp effects them IRL. Like they all get post traumatic stress disorder and it kittens up their lives.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I dont know, Marvin sounds like a trusthworthy chap to me, and friendly!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I think someone could make a legit sitcom out of gw2 NA PvP scene.

Better make a movie out of it….Something like 400$: rise of an empire ? ????