Death of daily rooms

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Elaine.7142

Elaine.7142

I admit that I cannot PvP. I have miserable response time due to damage to my hands, so to get the potions of PvP reward I needed to build a guild hall I turned to the daily rooms. I enjoyed them, the people there were nice, I found one with rules that were strictly enforced which made it a pleasant experience.

However, the developers seem to hate them. Every PvP update has made the rooms less useful as they changed daily achievements, the only way to get the potions, to make them harder to get. This newest update has pretty much killed them. I know there are other players like me who hate the toxicity frequently displayed in the regular rooms, or who like me have problems that make it pretty much impossible to be anything other than a weight to my team mates. I’ve met them in the daily rooms. All I can say is I am very glad I managed to get the potions I needed before this change. I will miss chatting in the daily room with other people who don’t get salty, who don’t constantly call someone names because they don’t know what they are doing or are too slow at doing it.

Why do the developers want to make it so hard for people to get dailies in one of the custom arenas? The arenas are already expensive enough to maintain considering the initial cost and upkeep. Why are they penalizing people who just want to get the potions so they can do the building of their guild hall, or just to get a reward track completed for something without trying to deal with all the hassles that come from the standard PvP? Having to get all those potions just to build the waypoint discount, or to build the guild hall arena just so everything is finished and then making it so difficult to get the components in a way that allows you to avoid the people who think that only people with a clue should be in PvP, so instead of educating others they stomp them or yell at them makes a lot of people turn away.

I’m lucky. I got enough potions before the change that it won’t hurt the building of my guild hall. Others new to the game won’t be so lucky.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Good.

People in this game are far too focused on getting rewards.

Back in the good ol’ days we pvp’d with no rewards except Glory!

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Good.

This isn’t going to change a persons focus or desire, just going to make them look elsewhere for it. That elsewhere is usually another game entirely.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Yaj.5973

Yaj.5973

Good.

I PvP’d for Balthazar points. (or whatever it was called)
And later. Kurz/Lux points

<3 Zkeys.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Whats the point of having a trounament daily when you cant enter any of them?

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

The vocal minority PVP “pro’s” wanted PVE’rs out of PVP to get daily.
Anet listens to vocal minority, over nerfs or over buffs- par for the course.
Instead of removing them in ranked games that the vocal minority QQ about.
Daily rooms are sadly collateral damage.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

You can get dailies by playing a ranked game.

If you’re afraid you won’t be good enough, don’t be silly. Ranked places you with players similar to your level.

You can also get dailies by doing PvE content.

There’s literally no valid point to whining about this.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

So what you’re saying is that you’re sad that you can no longer auto attack on skyhammer for 8 minutes and get your daily when it was intended to take actual effort and maybe half an hour to do since dailies actually give decent awards.

I think the new system is working as intended.

RIP Warrior

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Join a real match and you can easily get at least 2/3 dailies even if you lose. Never understood the need for special rooms for them.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I don’t have logged yet but with double class daily you could earn one more potion to speed up the process of skins gain by finishing rewards track.
But if this can help to mitigate the class stacking I’ll be glad to don’t get the extra potion.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Anet has finally succeeded in making every daily mode so bad I’m actually going to play WvW again.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

A custom arena specific reward for PvP potions could be nice.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I don’t have logged yet but with double class daily you could earn one more potion to speed up the process of skins gain by finishing rewards track.
But if this can help to mitigate the class stacking I’ll be glad to don’t get the extra potion.

I have a feeling this will make the class stacking worse, as more people will roll out the FoTM builds/classes to steam roll, or try to. I hope i’m wrong, we’ll see though.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

I liked getting dailies out of the way to play the parts of the game I enjoyed. Including the occasional ranked match. Now they are going to be more of a chore and I was already starting to drift away from the game. This will likely just hasten that process.

Oh and tournament participator has no reason to be in there. The tourney rewards are already terrible.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Oh and tournament participator has no reason to be in there. The tourney rewards are already terrible.

You’re looking at the ‘starting’ tournaments to earn QP, The end ones (that will be harder) are actually pretty rewarding, if you’re good (that’s the point);

1st place, 500 gold, 100 mystic coins, 3 Glorious Victor’s Armor Boxes (Ascended),
Gold Llama Box, 4 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
2nd place, 400 gold, 50 mystic coins, 2 Glorious Victor’s Armor Boxes (Ascended),
Silver Llama Box, 2 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
3rd- 4th place, 250 gold, 25 mystic coins, Glorious Victor’s Armor Box (Ascended)
Bronze Llama Box, 2 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
5th- 8th place, 100 gold, 15 mystic coins, Large PvP Potion.

Kitten.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yeah daily rooms were the only way to do pvp for me too to get the potions. Sad to see this activity gone too. Less things to do in game again.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Simply put: this is a good thing.

The issue is not that players were using the daily rooms to try to get their dailies completed on each class.

The issue is that players would be bringing in classes that they are unfamiliar with to rated matches to try to clear their dailies and throwing matches because of it.

Side bonus: you can now complete your daily completionist just by winning one Rated match, without relying on the class daily. This is good for the dedicated PvPers, you get the Completionist achievement that bit easier.

If people can’t earn rewards by not actually playing the game anymore, all the better.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Maybe finally they are coming to their senses. Daily rooms are the afk farms of PvP, if they are taking countermeasures in PvE then it makes sense for them to finally roo them out in PvP too.

It was years overdue.

In Overwatch you can get permabanned for doing what these people were doing for years. It’s finally time for Anet to take their game seriously if they want players to care, but I fear they are too late.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

PvP dailies were easier to get done than PvE ones because Anet wanted to bring people to it. But players are lazy/clever and will always find some way to not play and get stuff.

I can understand that some players are peace hippies and have no desire to PvP. Personally though, I tried it for 1-2 games back in core and couldn’t stand the monotony. I’m not great but I won’t lose all my games so the daily was fairly attractive to me (as would it to most players that like PvP).

In some ways I admire the doggedness.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

This needed to happen eventually, it was great while it lasted and am I sad it’s gone? Yeah. I pretty much only did daily rooms except for S5 and like 20 games in S6 but I understand why ANet did it and I think they did the right thing even if I am not benefiting from it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Good.

I PvP’d for Balthazar points. (or whatever it was called)
And later. Kurz/Lux points

<3 Zkeys.

You mean, faction.

Though I do remember red resign days for Hero arenas.. jesus the flame when you didn’t. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

As the person who rotate 3 gamemodes on monthly basis.

PvP and WvW community in the nutshell:
1. Give us the rewards! Done.
2. Cleanse our elitist gamemode from PvE scrubs! Happened.
3. Ah rewards suck! Statement.
4. Our gamemode is dead, why?! Fact.
5. Then cycle repeats.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The pvp rooms for free dailies should have been removed long ago.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

They removed profession specific dailies from PvP because it was affecting the meta. People played professions just for the daily, and it was lowering the quality of matches. This was a change many on these forums advocated for. The guild hall rooms may have been an unintended consequence.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Don’t sweat it. When PVP’ers who championed this change don’t get players to fill out teams they will only have themselves to blame for even longer wait times. And Anet don’t change things back unless it really breaks the game.

Have fun “serious PVP’ers” with the choice you asked for.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

The funny thing is that most people are in the idea that “non-PvP players shouldn’t get PvP rewards”, even though technically the reward track you could only get via dailies are mostly PvE stuff outside of Balthazar’s backpack. You won’t get pips which contain actual, PvP-only stuff.

And yet somehow there’s no hint of irony of asking PvE stuff for PvP-only players.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Don’t sweat it. When PVP’ers who championed this change don’t get players to fill out teams they will only have themselves to blame for even longer wait times. And Anet don’t change things back unless it really breaks the game.

Have fun “serious PVP’ers” with the choice you asked for.

Somehow I doubt the daily room players where going to be filling out my team. The whole point of the daily rooms was so that players could complete PvP dailies without the PvP. Why would a player that wants to avoid doing pvp be interested in filling out my pvp team?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

As the person who rotate 3 gamemodes on monthly basis.

PvP and WvW community in the nutshell:
1. Give us the rewards! Done.
2. Cleanse our elitist gamemode from PvE scrubs! Happened.
3. Ah rewards suck! Statement.
4. Our gamemode is dead, why?! Fact.
5. Then cycle repeats.

This is a hilariously bad oversimplification of the situation.

The rewards weren’t nerfed in season six to appease PvPers or keep “PvE scrubs” away. The rewards were nerfed in season six because getting a free set of ascended armor, literally worth hundreds of gold, for just queuing matches (and not even winning them) for a couple weeks was pretty detrimental to both the economy and the game mode overall. Case in point the insufferably self-entitled comments like this:

Don’t sweat it. When PVP’ers who championed this change don’t get players to fill out teams they will only have themselves to blame for even longer wait times. And Anet don’t change things back unless it really breaks the game. Have fun “serious PVP’ers” with the choice you asked for.

Nobody wants to have these PvP daily achievement chasers on their team that have literally zero investment in the game mode beyond how much AP it adds to their account, and good riddance if this is the type of thing that gets these people finally out of PvP.

ArenaNet sensibly nerfed the rewards for season six, and the mass exodus of PvErs back to raids, fractals, or worse, just AFKing in Lake Doric for money, indicates how toxic a large percentage of the game’s community really is, and how allergic they are to playing something simply for fun. We’re talking about people doing stupid kitten like, following the WvW update, trebbing a random wall every 5 minutes in WvW to maintain participation while watching Netflix on the other screen than actually play the game mode just because it earned them the same amount of pips with substantially less effort. There are thousands of these types of people who are literally just poison to this game’s future; these are the people who show up to PvP just to get a dumb backpack.

These aren’t people that actually care about PvP or even really, my view, even care about PvE or Guild Wars 2 at large. These people aren’t even really gamers in my view; they’re just obsessors, gamblers, and addicts. The only thing keeping many of them logging in every day is the knowledge that it’d affect their AP leaderboard position if it didn’t, and without those meaningless internet points they’d probably be buying kittenty $5 games to inflate their Xbox Gamerscore. I hate to sound like a curmudgeon but a lot of these younger MMO players who need that instant gratification or constantly need a reward for everything they do are just cancerous to good game development.

ArenaNet needs to stop catering to those people and just focus on making PvP and WvW fun to play. New WvW maps/objectives (with a desert BL rework), new PvP modes, and automated tournaments are the types of things we need more of.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

ArenaNet needs to stop catering to those people and just focus on making PvP and WvW fun to play. New WvW maps/objectives (with a desert BL rework), new PvP modes, and automated tournaments are the types of things we need more of.

i don’t ahve tiem for catchin up w/ whole thread, but i’ve always agreed w/ this, focus on making it fun.

for the new dailys tho, i just have to waste my (and others’) time by joining a un/ranked match. i dont’ care if i win or not, just got to knock that these dumb dailies

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

i don’t ahve tiem for catchin up w/ whole thread, but i’ve always agreed w/ this, focus on making it fun.

for the new dailys tho, i just have to waste my (and others’) time by joining a un/ranked match. i dont’ care if i win or not, just got to knock that these dumb dailies

As soon as you say “I don’t care if I win, I just want the dailies” the correct response is that you should no longer have incentive to play PvP at all. In a competitive game mode against other players, the goal should always be to win and the reward structure should reflect that. As soon as that isn’t the case, the mode is lost.

An equivalent scenario is expecting to be rewarded in a soccer tournament by sitting on the bleachers and touching your foot to a ball once every minute.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I’m pretty disappointed in this change as well.

But first, I want to make a couple of things absolutely clear:
1. I do not cash in the potions for reward track progress
2. I do not EVER want to play the sPvP game mode (despite being a full time WvW’er and perfectly happy with all sizes of battles that the game mode offers from 1v1’s to 60v60’s)
3. All of my dailies are earned in WvW pretty much a few minutes after they become vailable. I never used the PvP dailies as a replacement.

Now with that being said, I am very much interested in building my guild hall. BUT in order to get some of the PvE upgrades, I’m now forced to do sPvP. These upgrades are the Guild Waypoint discounts (requiring a total of 350 PvP Reward Potions) as well as the reward boost enhancement which affects the % of all the other non-pvp enhancements which requires 20 more PvP Reward Potions.

If I want to max my guild hall at any point, I’ll need another 350 of them for all the arena-related upgrades in order to earn the gXP that each upgrade applies.

The daily rooms were a way for me to slowly chip away at my potion needs for my guild hall upgrades WITHOUT earning any additional reward track progress, skins, or whatever other nifty rewards that pvp players earn.

Do people still “sell” the potions? What’s the going rate?

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

As soon as you say “I don’t care if I win, I just want the dailies” the correct response is that you should no longer have incentive to play PvP at all. In a competitive game mode against other players, the goal should always be to win and the reward structure should reflect that. As soon as that isn’t the case, the mode is lost.

An equivalent scenario is expecting to be rewarded in a soccer tournament by sitting on the bleachers and touching your foot to a ball once every minute.

If I have 3 horrible PvE dailies (and yes, those days have been there already) and I have to chose between them and losing some PvP match (as I can’t do them in my private arena anymore I’ll have to do some ranked game), I’d rather pick the latter. I really hope there are some “hardcore PvP’ers” in that group as I’ll be very helpful at losing said game.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

For the people talking about how bad this change is due to the need to purchase stuff for their guild hall, are you alone in your guild or something?

I mean, if the only people this affects negatively are people trying to build themselves a guild hall solo, then nice going Anet. Seems like a positive change.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I really hope there are some “hardcore PvP’ers” in that group as I’ll be very helpful at losing said game.

I like the spite here.

I think Anet should redesign the dailies so we don’t antagonise each other like this though.

And regarding MMOs, players always go through designed content faster than they come out inevitably, and what’s left is of course various grinds. When you go numb from trying to achieve a goal of course some will start being bitter and seem entitled.

GW2 lacks the mechanics to make a niche PvP game with a small community, anyway, so being partisan about PvP won’t get us anywhere.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Honestly, I’m glad they got rid of the class winner dailies, because that made it easier for Daily Roomers to get the daily done than for dedicated PvPers, who are unlikely to have proficiency in the daily classes (Even if they’re great on the 2-4 classes they main, they’re less likely to be similarly proficient if they get 4 “off-class” daily options)

I hope they didn’t make the Tournament Participation daily a ‘fixed’ slot in the rotation, though. It sucks not being able to participate in tournaments due to no team, and very little playtime (I’m available at Midnight EST, and again in mid-morning. Two 2-hour sessions a day)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

If I have 3 horrible PvE dailies (and yes, those days have been there already) and I have to chose between them and losing some PvP match (as I can’t do them in my private arena anymore I’ll have to do some ranked game), I’d rather pick the latter. I really hope there are some “hardcore PvP’ers” in that group as I’ll be very helpful at losing said game.

the way the dailies are set up is terrible. i can knock out 2 pve dailys in 5 mins, but my option for the 3rd is a time sink. wvw has a queue at times, so thats not an option. so i switch over and knock out a quick pvp winner, but they removed those. so now i have to un/ranked to get it done quick as i can.

the pt is, i want to get back to playing the game w/ my goals in mind, but long as the daily is taking me away from that, then i have to find the quickest method i can.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I mean, if the only people this affects negatively are people trying to build themselves a guild hall solo, then nice going Anet. Seems like a positive change.

Lots of people gravitate towards like-minded individuals. PvE’ers will primarily attract other PvE’ers, WvW’ers primarily WvW’ers, etc.

Seems like you just delight in the misery of others tbh. If people have lofty goals, whether it’s trying for a legendary backpiece, making Twilight, building the perfect 5 man pvp team, or solo-building a guild hall to support their server in WvW, I would encourage and not disparage.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I know there are other players like me who hate the toxicity frequently displayed in the regular rooms, or who like me have problems that make it pretty much impossible to be anything other than a weight to my team mates.

I will miss chatting in the daily room with other people who don’t get salty, who don’t constantly call someone names because they don’t know what they are doing or are too slow at doing it.

People in Daily rooms get pretty salty when you kill them, or don’t let one team win, or knock people off skyhammer.

Why do the developers want to make it so hard for people to get dailies in one of the custom arenas?

Because it’s not supposed to be something just handed to you.

The arenas are already expensive enough to maintain considering the initial cost and upkeep. Why are they penalizing people who just want to get the potions so they can do the building of their guild hall, or just to get a reward track completed for something without trying to deal with all the hassles that come from the standard PvP?

Because it’s a PvP reward. You need to do the activity to earn the reward. I can’t stand around in a raid, contribute nothing and hope I get “Staff of Matthias” Claiming I want the skin, and how it’s unfair the game wont let me cuz I’m not good enough to raid. If it’s a matter of guild resources you have free-market options to buy them from players for your hall. OR Recruit PvPers. Also the upkeep of rooms has nothing to do with access to rewards.

I am sympathetic with your current situation and hope it’s something you can recover from. But at the end of the day you are complaining because you are not being handed the rewards you want.

I am glad daily rooms are struggling. I get that there is a steep learning curve, I get that their are balance issues, I get that people don’t want to actually PvP. But setting up rooms to bypass the whole activity for free rewards is not the way to go.

If the above means you will not even try to adapt to a casual PvP scene and it means you’ll either play a different activity, or even a different game then; good. It will reduce the PvP population so devs can see the true numbers and can maybe one day fix the real problems.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I am disturbed by many of these comments. Everyone is basically saying:

“to $#@% with people who don’t like pvp but want the chance to get the rewards”.

I cant stand the new change because I used to be able to get the dailies done with a single match in a daily room because I don’t have a huge amount of time during the week to play but I guess its too bad for me because I don’t “have skill” or “don’t like pvp” and good riddens to me and people like me.

That is a really horrible way to treat people and this is the exact toxicity the OP is talking about. Just because I don’t like your style of game play, does not mean I should be excluded completely. I already feel excluded because there is no way for me to get any of the Mini Llamas without playing a part of the game I hate making it impossible for me to ever complete the mini collection.

I fully agree with the OP but I also think the “Daily PvP Matches Played in Unranked or Ranked Arena” should be removed because now that there is a permanent “Daily PvP Rated Game Winner”, so there is no point to having it anymore. Removing it would at least allow us to get 2 of the pvp dailies done in a custom arena (pvp kills, top stats, ect).

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

…..

I fully agree with the OP but I also think the “Daily PvP Matches Played in Unranked or Ranked Arena” should be removed because now that there is a permanent “Daily PvP Rated Game Winner”, so there is no point to having it anymore. Removing it would at least allow us to get 2 of the pvp dailies done in a custom arena (pvp kills, top stats, ect).

getting rid of it is terrible. there is a huge pt, one you have to win, the other you just have to participate. at least w/ the match played you can lose and move on w/ other activities. you want to lock it down to only winning, no thx

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

You don’t see the irony in that statement? Per nearly everyone in here, its was ok to lock out people getting dailies in custom arenas. This is the exact problem.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

So what you’re saying is that you’re sad that you can no longer auto attack on skyhammer for 8 minutes and get your daily when it was intended to take actual effort and maybe half an hour to do since dailies actually give decent awards.

I think the new system is working as intended.

Lol what. Don’t be a kitten about a person wanting to have fun elsewhere in the game rather than somewhere the don’t feel useful in. Have some empathy kitten .

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I am disturbed by many of these comments. Everyone is basically saying:

“to $#@% with people who don’t like pvp but want the chance to get the rewards”.

Yes, and?

Just because I don’t like your style of game play, does not mean I should be excluded completely. I already feel excluded because there is no way for me to get any of the Mini Llamas without playing a part of the game I hate making it impossible for me to ever complete the mini collection.

Do you feel the same way about raids? I mean, I’d love some legendary armour, but I know I’ll never get it because I don’t raid. That’s fair.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I cant stand the new change because I used to be able to get the dailies done with a single match in a daily room because I don’t have a huge amount of time during the week to play but I guess its too bad for me because I don’t “have skill” or “don’t like pvp” and good riddens to me and people like me.

Jesus.

Effing.

Christ.

This is Exhibit A of the absolutely reeking self-entitlement I was talking about previously. “Why isn’t ArenaNet catering to my every whim? What do you mean I have to actually play PvP to complete PvP dailies now?”

Boo-hoo, dude.

If you don’t have “a huge amount of time during the week to play,” guess what?

You miss out.

For years ArenaNet dumbed down this game and their original vision they launched with in 2012, solely to cater to achievement hunters such as yourself that feel excluded from content. It’s because of people like you that:

• WvW achievements were nerfed
  • Dynamic events were completely gutted and put on timers
  • PvP class achievements were made unlockable in unranked
  • dungeons were nerfed and left in a state of disrepair
  • Living Story season one was completely scrapped
  • WvW tournaments were cancelled

Guild Wars 2 has lost so much of its original appeal and charm because people like you kittened and complained that you’d “miss out” on something; they caved to this pressure from casuals to gut/nerf so much of this game, resulting in the casual-catering kitten show that was season two with 3 hours of content every month and WvW being left in complete disrepair for nearly three full years.

Even when Heart of Thorns launched the crusades continued, crying that it took “too long” to unlock elite specializations, which they later ALSO nerfed, and complained that raids were “too hard” and encouraged “elitism” just because you were required to actually exercise some effing brain power and not press #1 to have loot rain from the sky for you.

Last week’s patch was the first time WvW got some actual good things with meaningful, long-term rewards … and up and down these forums and reddit people were crying that it’d take too long to reach the rank required for completely free ascended gear and moaned that the T4 chest piece skin looked better than legendary armor.

I mean, seriously? I have a wife and both a part-time tutoring and a full-time teaching job(s), and at 29 years old I have plenty of other societal expectations and personal responsibilities that divide my attention to the point where things like regularly attending automated tournaments are out of reach for me. I’m still very happy to see the game mode grow, and I want to see ArenaNet continue to foster the competitive aspects of this game, even if I’m gatekept from it by multiple factors.

So rather than kitten and moan on the forums, take some personal accountability and set some more realistic expectations. Or just be like every other casual kitten ruining this game and chop down some trees or look at some stupid kittening vista to complete your daily.

I already feel excluded because there is no way for me to get any of the Mini Llamas without playing a part of the game I hate making it impossible for me to ever complete the mini collection.

God forbid PvPers have something they can claim as their own, as little as it were.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Jesus.

Effing.

Christ.

………..

God forbid PvPers have something they can claim as their own, as little as it were.

You can’t have my shiney! stay back! its mine get out

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Whats the point of having a tournament daily when you can’t enter any of them?

This is the part that irks me the most. We had dailies removed because they were ‘too difficult’ like Daily Defender and even the Daily Profession Winner was altered to have 2 instead of just 1 to give them better odds of being done.

You want me to participate in a tournament? Then let me. What is the point in making a daily require a team of 5 and a once-an-hour chance at getting in at best? And ranked is still limited to a maximum party of 2?

EDIT – and after reading some of this thread; you wonder why people wanted to do dailies in custom arenas and bypass ‘regular’ PvP?

(edited by Tyger.1637)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Elaine.7142

Elaine.7142

What people seem to be ignoring is the fact that I never said I wanted PvP rewards. I wanted the POTIONS that are needed for building guild halls. I have helped build 3 guild halls so far. Was hoping to continue helping with a 4th on the potions, but that will be difficult. If Arena.net removed the potions of PvP reward from building the waypoint discount, I would never bother with doing PvP in any way again. I don’t join even unranked games because I refuse to be a drag on the team, and with my physical problems (which are permanent) I would be a drag. It is the same reason I don’t raid. I refuse to play something that depends on the type of physical reactions I do not have. I also don’t participate in pug groups for the same reason.

If that means there are things I cannot get like legendary armor or mini llamas, so be it. However, linking something pretty much pure PvE (The guild hall) to PvP forced me to find a way to get those potions. Frankly, I would much rather be out mapping, or doing metas, or crafting legendaries, or running dungeons or fractals with my guild mates who know about my problems and accept them.

And by the way, some of the very attitude displayed in this thread is the reason I found a daily room where getting salty, or breaking the rules was an automatic kick by the admins.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Actually. I think all we non-PVP’ers should go play PVP on classes we don’t like and cant play. I think that this would be a wonderful way to give back to the PVP community.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Join a real match and you can easily get at least 2/3 dailies even if you lose. Never understood the need for special rooms for them.

Because regular PvP players are rather unpleasant to other gamers, daily rooms means you dont get any of that.