Death of daily rooms

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Join a real match and you can easily get at least 2/3 dailies even if you lose. Never understood the need for special rooms for them.

Because regular PvP players are rather unpleasant to other gamers, daily rooms means you dont get any of that.

Daily casuals are just as unpleasant when you don’t play by their rules.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Daishi.6027

I am disturbed by many of these comments. Everyone is basically saying:

“to $#@% with people who don’t like pvp but want the chance to get the rewards”.

“I want Raid rewards, but I don’t like to Raid. I want Frac rewards, but I don’t like to Frac. It’s disturbing people believe I shouldn’t get them without playing the content properly.”

If the logic doesn’t follow there, it doesn’t follow here either.

Or are you saying everyone in game should just get things like fractal daily rewards for afking in town and jumping puzzles?

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I mean, if we’re going all for exclusivity, why not make all those PvE content that are available for PvP-only players exclusive for PvE?

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

“to $#@% with people who don’t like pvp but want the chance to get the rewards”.

“I want Raid rewards, but I don’t like to Raid. I want Frac rewards, but I don’t like to Frac. It’s disturbing people believe I shouldn’t get them without playing the content properly.”

Or are you saying everyone in game should just get things like fractal daily rewards for afking in town and jumping puzzles?

“I want PvE rewards, but don’t want to PvE.”

Good thing ANet didn’t add PvE reward tracks to PvP to cater to that sort of- oh, wait.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Daishi.6027

Good thing ANet didn’t add PvE reward tracks to PvP to cater to that sort of- oh, wait.

You cannot compare generalized PvE rewards to that of exclusive content unless we’re going to split everything and say you can’t get gold in fracs, raids, pvp, or wvw anymore.

Open world PvE offers you, trash loot and gold. Like Everything else in game. Including the reward tracks you are alluding to.

You cannot get fractal backs, or weps, or infusions in PvP.

You cannot get Raid weps in PvP.

You cannot get WvW marks/badges or EXP pots (the thing that even started this thread) in PvP.

nor can you get that exclusive rewards from the other forms of content.

The only exception to that is dungeons but that is no longer supported content and considered on the level of open world PvE.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Pandaman.4758

You cannot compare generalized PvE rewards to that of exclusive content unless we’re going to split everything and say you can’t get gold in fracs, raids, pvp, or wvw anymore.

Open world PvE offers you, trash loot and gold. Like Everything else in game. Including the reward tracks you are alluding to.

You cannot get fractal backs, or weps, or infusions in PvP.

You cannot get Raid weps in PvP.

You cannot get WvW marks/badges or EXP pots (the thing that even started this thread) in PvP.

nor can you get that exclusive rewards from the other forms of content.

The only exception to that is dungeons but that is no longer supported content and considered on the level of open world PvE.

You’re forgetting the Halloween, Wintersday, Super Adventure Box, and Living World Season 3 reward tracks.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Levi.3690

Levi.3690

It sounds like the real problem here is the Guild Waypoint Discount recipes, which is what OP is mainly talking about wanting the potions for. And unlike Badges of Tribute (the WvW associated ingredient), you can’t buy them off the TP from other players and either have to farm them yourself or trust random people advertising potions in map chat or LFG.

Change the Guild Waypoint Discount recipes and OP’s problem is solved. It probably should be changed anyway. That guild buff only affects PvE players as waypoints are free in PvP and WvW, so it’s kinda weird it requires PvP and WvW items.

Less demand for potions means less daily hunters coming into PvP.

Everyone is happy.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Daishi.6027

You’re forgetting the Halloween, Wintersday, Super Adventure Box, and Living World Season 3 reward tracks.

I would count festivals and living world as generalized PvE. Perhaps “open world” would be a more fitting term.

Besides most of that is just trash loot and is pretty non exclusive since WvW got the same reward tracks.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

TBH I am mainly a PvE player but if i wanna do PvP dailies i have as much right as any “hardcore” PvP player. Granted the loss of daily rooms has got people annoyed and i dont blame them to a degree. But Even ranked PvP isn’t so bad. Its a game of numbers sooner or later ya will get a daily win. I’m entitled to play whatever content i wanna play regardless of what the “hardcore” has to say.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

It’s just stupid to look at people jumping on skyhammer after hitting someone, I joined a daily room once or twice to see and god kitten …

This week I would suggest that we had no more rooms that gives points, I don’t know what they did because I’m traveling and didn’t see even the new HoTM, but if they did something like that i’m truly happy.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The vocal minority PVP “pro’s” wanted PVE’rs out of PVP to get daily.
Anet listens to vocal minority, over nerfs or over buffs- par for the course.
Instead of removing them in ranked games that the vocal minority QQ about.
Daily rooms are sadly collateral damage.

No that is not the case The pvp “pro’s” didnt like ppl jumping in ranked with w/e class the daily asked regardless of if they knew the class or not. But anet went overkill with this thy should not have made it so you cant get gredit for custom match.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Pandaman.4758

I would count festivals and living world as generalized PvE. Perhaps “open world” would be a more fitting term.

Besides most of that is just trash loot and is pretty non exclusive since WvW got the same reward tracks.

Then by that logic what was wrong with daily rooms? The chests you get only have shards of glory (which can’t get you pvp rewards unless you have league tickets or ascended shards of glory), resonating shards (which isn’t unique to pvp), and PvP potions (which don’t contribute to tournament progress or rewards).

Don’t want non-PvPers to get the Balthazar, Glorious, or Legacy skins? Move them to the ascended shards of glory vendor. The current change only punishes people like the OP who need the PvP potions for PvE unlocks, but it doesn’t do anything to prevent people grinding custom maps for reward progress.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Daishi.6027

From that list PvP potions are what needs to be exclusive, they have a reason to exist in the economy and that is a marketable thing. I’ve been payed quite a lot to give guilds my pots and it should be a commodity only PvP players have access to.

and I didn’t say I want non-PvPers to get it, but you have to play the content to get the reward. That just makes sense, regardless of the inherent value you attribute to it.

If I want WvW pots I should have to play WvW. If I want ad infinitum I should have to fractal. If I want PvP pots I should have to PvP.

This change is good, if you don’t like it to bad it’s not meant to cater to the casuals. You want pots, we are willing to sell.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Pandaman.4758

If they were intended to be marketable, they wouldn’t be account bound, what you’re suggesting is a soft exploit of the guild hall system. It’s nothing you’d get punished for, but the same goes for daily rooms.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Where are the fractal and raid tracks?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

Elaine, I’m very sorry for your situation. I’m also sorry on behalf of the morons here not realizing you have a legitimate issue and giving you no serious critical advice.

Let me be the first.

Join a single PvP guild. When you need your dailies, ask for a group. We call it carrying for a reason. Some players need to be carried. Your situation would be a perfect example. In PvP guilds we are very used to either teaching new players or grouping with people we know aren’t the best in order to assist for a few wins. Company will always make it easier. Shoot me a mail in game if you need help finding one.

In all honesty, you may want to watch some youtube videos regarding thieves. A good thief doesn’t need to do much fighting. If you can run the map, you can be a decap artist and still be perfectly useful to your team. +1ing people in fights is much easier than 1v1ing.

Also, take a minute to check out QQmore.net for useful tips that may help you avoid difficult situations.

You might also want to look into setting up voice commands for skills. Certain programs can execute keys on a verbal command instead of needing to click.

That is, until we can get the Emotiv Epoc to come down in price.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

You could always earn PvE skins in PvP. They were just locked in the PvP locker as its own PvP item only usable in HoTM. Only when the April 2014 patch hit to merge everything meant that those skins would be account unlocked for unlimited use via the wardrobe. It’s how I got some skins without crafting/dungeons. (Wings of Dwayna longbow, Lava Axe. I also had the whole Arah sets complete, to name a few examples)

Kitten.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I just think implementing guild construction to have mandatory components from PvP is a mistake.

Let people play whatever mode they want, exclusively. Right now PvEers are doing another game mode they don’t like for the most efficient way/only way to get something they want. Sure, less people playing PvP – but you can’t really count the transient “just getting stuff” players as part of the player base anyway.

Rather, materials from PvP should be an alternate choice, with roughly the same time cost as fulfilling the PvE material requirements.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

I just think implementing guild construction to have mandatory components from PvP is a mistake.

Let people play whatever mode they want, exclusively. Right now PvEers are doing another game mode they don’t like for the most efficient way/only way to get something they want. Sure, less people playing PvP – but you can’t really count the transient “just getting stuff” players as part of the player base anyway.

Rather, materials from PvP should be an alternate choice, with roughly the same time cost as fulfilling the PvE material requirements.

That’s not the issue at all.
It’s a Guild upgrade that has nothing to do with PvP (Waypoint discount) that requires PvP potions. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. My guild is PvX so we just did what we usually do and we’re upgrading still (slowly, this guild is pretty quiet now). But I do get the initial problem. I don’t think it will be changed though. It’s another incentive to do other game modes which Anet likes to put ingame. Requiring PvP and WvW stuff for those relevant parts of the Hall. Fair, sure makes sense. Waypoint discount though?

Kitten.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Pandaman.4758

Where are the people getting Tournament and League rewards from doing custom maps?

Daishi made the argument that the PvP reward tracks are largely fair game because they’re just open world rewards, that’s fair, but it also works both ways: if those reward tracks can’t be considered PvE exclusive, then they can’t be considered PvP exclusives either. The PvP dailiy rewards only give you things that contribute to these open world tracks, therefore claiming people are trying to get PvP rewards without doing PvP when the rewards aren’t actually PvP exclusives is dubious at best.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

Where are the people getting Tournament and League rewards from doing custom maps?

Daishi made the argument that the PvP reward tracks are largely fair game because they’re just open world rewards, that’s fair, but it also works both ways: if those reward tracks can’t be considered PvE exclusive, then they can’t be considered PvP exclusives either. The PvP dailiy rewards only give you things that contribute to these open world tracks, therefore claiming people are trying to get PvP rewards without doing PvP when the rewards aren’t actually PvP exclusives is dubious at best.

The complaint is not about the reward tracks though, but about the potions needed for a Guild Hall upgrade (These potions are PvP exclusive). I personally, think the requirements are fine and I’m glad that Daily rooms will not be as popular. It is an exploit using them to gain reward imo. If AFK farmers get punishments, match manipulators in daily rooms should too.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Pandaman.4758

The complaint is not about the reward tracks though, but about the potions needed for a Guild Hall upgrade (These potions are PvP exclusive).

Yes, I know, but I was addressing Daishi’s particular argument, which was more general in scope than OP’s subject.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Yep, I have no inkling of how guild upgrades work – had a 2-3 year hiatus and my guild, which had a large amount of high achievers that did sPvP and roamed in WvW a lot (and now are obsessed with fractals), had the guild at level 40+ (I contributed nothing, feels bad).

I joined some other guilds for different activities, and they had to put in what I see as a lot of effort to upgrade with a guild at rank 10+.

While on one hand you can say that playing all aspects of the game is beneficial, forcing players to play a mode they don’t like should not happen. As you say, PvPing so you can upgrade a Waypoint aspect that works only in PvE is… questionable.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Just buy the PvP potions from “real PvPers”. This is really a non issue, I know plenty of people who did this. Do your PvE, make money, buy from PvPers e z.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I don’t think you can buy pots.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The funny thing is that most people are in the idea that “non-PvP players shouldn’t get PvP rewards”, even though technically the reward track you could only get via dailies are mostly PvE stuff outside of Balthazar’s backpack. You won’t get pips which contain actual, PvP-only stuff.

And yet somehow there’s no hint of irony of asking PvE stuff for PvP-only players.

If only we had finally a reward track that didnt award us with random stuff but pvp shinies man..

M I L K B O I S

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Actually. I think all we non-PVP’ers should go play PVP on classes we don’t like and cant play. I think that this would be a wonderful way to give back to the PVP community.

… I think we should make a guild. “Daily kitten ers”, with the guild leaders and officers known as Glorious Scrublords. Self-deprecation and complete indifference to the salt of the PvP community shall be our shield. We shall enter tournaments with teams bearing names such as ’Bronze League Baddies", “Here for the Daily”, and “Seekers of Shinies”

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Actually. I think all we non-PVP’ers should go play PVP on classes we don’t like and cant play. I think that this would be a wonderful way to give back to the PVP community.

… I think we should make a guild. “Daily kitten ers”, with the guild leaders and officers known as Glorious Scrublords. Self-deprecation and complete indifference to the salt of the PvP community shall be our shield. We shall enter tournaments with teams bearing names such as ’Bronze League Baddies", “Here for the Daily”, and “Seekers of Shinies”

I LOVE IT! Lol. Another Guild name would be Everyone Must Unite [Emu]. The invite Adverts could be something like:

Bad at PvP. So are we. Join us and we will annoy all the Hardcore PVP’ers together.

Or

Want to run with great PvP’ers? Want to succeed at PVP? Well, that’s not us, but we are recruiting anyway. Wish you could annoy the Elite? Definately Join Us!

Then everyone would know they are in trouble if they are on our teams lol.

I love the Glorious Scrublords Name.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

And the players who actually play to win are the toxic ones…smh

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

And the players who actually play to win are the toxic ones…smh

Yeah just like with raids, the toxic ones are the people trying to get the kills, not the ones joining without a care about the other 9 people and wanting to be carried no questions asked.
This mentally of “we want everything handled to us, everybody who doesnt aggre is toxic and i will do anything to make their game time worse!”

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The dailies should not require winning 1 match, but rather require participating in 2 matches.

This would give casual players an incentive to participate. Right now I know I don’t bother with PvP dailies that require winning, because a single player in an unranked PvP match has no ability to determine the outcome. Whether you win or lose is based on random chance with regard to what team you wind up on.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Daishi.6027

If they were intended to be marketable, they wouldn’t be account bound, what you’re suggesting is a soft exploit of the guild hall system. It’s nothing you’d get punished for, but the same goes for daily rooms.

I’m not sure if I’d call that an exploit, it’s a resource I have and people want with access to up to 5 guilds.

Regardless if it was patched in a way that makes it less profitable I’m not going to complain beyond just mentioning it since I’m convinced A-net isn’t 100% aware of the impact of some of their changes.

But locking Daily PvP behind a wall that tells you to have to actually PvP isn’t a problem.

It still comes back to things like If I want fractal daily I should have to fractal for it.

Also you can get SOME of the daily rewards since things like “kills” can be done in custom rooms or even the new FFA Arena, you just can’t get the full daily reward. So even with the current system casual pvpers aren’t screwed out of everything if they really don’t want to play real matches.

Plus has it even been confirmed they are ONLY doing these types of dailies? We might just get class ones back randomly.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

God forbid we have to actually pvp for pvp daylies……this is not the GW2 i knew where we get everything for doing nothing.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I mean, if the only people this affects negatively are people trying to build themselves a guild hall solo, then nice going Anet. Seems like a positive change.

Lots of people gravitate towards like-minded individuals. PvE’ers will primarily attract other PvE’ers, WvW’ers primarily WvW’ers, etc.

Seems like you just delight in the misery of others tbh. If people have lofty goals, whether it’s trying for a legendary backpiece, making Twilight, building the perfect 5 man pvp team, or solo-building a guild hall to support their server in WvW, I would encourage and not disparage.

I delight in the misery of others? Wow, that’s a pretty rude assumption. Maybe next time if you are unable to comprehend a post, ask for clarification instead of assuming the worst in others.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

The fact that this is your go-to response just indicates how perfect a representative you are for everything I just wrote. It’s really just kind of tragic how sour and petty you can be to where you’d rather run a stick through the mud and ruin everyone else’s experience than just consider some achievements out of your reach.

PvP dailies never should’ve attracted “non-PvPers” in the first place, and if class achievements are just going to be a form of griefing, they too should just be removed from the game.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Firebird Gomer.9563

The fact that this is your go-to response just indicates how perfect a representative you are for everything I just wrote. It’s really just kind of tragic how sour and petty you can be to where you’d rather run a stick through the mud and ruin everyone else’s experience than just consider some achievements out of your reach.

PvP dailies never should’ve attracted “non-PvPers” in the first place, and if class achievements are just going to be a form of griefing, they too should just be removed from the game.

Well excuse me for supposedly being sour and petty. I typed that as a bit of fun actually. I wouldn’t do it cause I know how frustating it can be having played quite a bit of PVP and having been on both sides of the teams when players have done it.

Funnily enough it was PVP’ers complaining about people who did do it to them that probably made Anet impliment this.

Did I ever in a Private Room, doing the PVP dailies, ever actually affect you personally? I’m talking me having done a set of PVP dailies that in someway stole your Ranked win? Stole your Achievement Points. Stole your rewards. Stole your gold. Stole your Reward Pots?

The true fact is that now it will get worse in Ranked cause PVP’ers asked for Anet to do something about the AFK’ers that also affected quiet non invasive private rooms.

Well done.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

Why do PvP if you dont like it? All the reward tracks offer loot you can get in PvE (Balthazar back exception).

The potions are used to upgrade a guild hall, sure, but there’s always one person in a guild that PvPs more than everyone else (unless you’re solo upgrading…). These dailies are for PvP players to get their 10pts and 2g, just like PvE has 4, and WvW has 4.

Anet punishes AFK farmers in PvE, why is it a bad thing match manipulator rank farmers are punished (well, incentives almost removed) in custom PvP arenas? Why is one exploit ok, and the other not?

Kitten.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The daily rooms were both match manipulation and exploits. Both are against the terms of use. I’m surprised it lasted this long.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Did I ever in a Private Room, doing the PVP dailies, ever actually affect you personally? I’m talking me having done a set of PVP dailies that in someway stole your Ranked win? Stole your Achievement Points. Stole your rewards. Stole your gold. Stole your Reward Pots?

Affect me as in you directly affecting me? No, of course not.

But achievement/daily chasers on a grander scale beyond yourself have actually ruined a great number of Guild Wars 2 features, several of which I’ve already mentioned, in ways both large and small. They even had to take out the AP from the effing seasonal leaderboard titles, because God forbid we attach points to something that would actually be a reflection of real achievement.

You literally get more AP chopping down trees in Queensdale than you do winning first place in season seven; you also get more gold farming Silverwastes pressing #1 over and over on your loot stick guardian for a few hours than the effort and skill level it takes to practice in PvP well enough to earn even the reward for fourth place or better in the upcoming monthly tournament.

The simple fact is that Guild Wars 2 has always had an awful way of balancing effort vs. rewards, and a very large component of why that’s the case is because people like you exist. If people made more gold than you, had more AP than you, or had more ascended boxes than you for actually playing the game, you’d somehow find a way to argue it’s undeserved and/or unfair.

The true fact is that now it will get worse in Ranked cause PVP’ers asked for Anet to do something about the AFK’ers that also affected quiet non invasive private rooms. Well done.

Doesn’t affect me. I don’t play ranked PvP any longer with WvW having far more interesting things to do/work toward. But even if I were still playing ranked, I’m pretty sure daily AFKers aren’t going to be in platinum-ranked games.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Firebird Gomer.9563

Why do PvP if you dont like it? All the reward tracks offer loot you can get in PvE (Balthazar back exception).

The potions are used to upgrade a guild hall, sure, but there’s always one person in a guild that PvPs more than everyone else (unless you’re solo upgrading…). These dailies are for PvP players to get their 10pts and 2g, just like PvE has 4, and WvW has 4.

Anet punishes AFK farmers in PvE, why is it a bad thing match manipulator rank farmers are punished (well, incentives almost removed) in custom PvP arenas? Why is one exploit ok, and the other not?

Hi I’m not too sure if you were talking to me or not.
If you are cool.

Can you show me where I have said I don’t like PvP? I know I’ve said in the past I’m frustrated by the bad match making system but I’m 99.9% sure I’ve never said I don’t like it.

Just so you also know that when you get to a certain point in Daily Achievements you don’t get them any more. There is a cap you cant go past. So those Achievement points mean nothing.

Again did I ever steal anything of yours by doing a Daily room?

Also when ascended trinkets came out for PvE, PvP players complained till they got them. They don’t need them to PvP.
When ascended armor came out PvP players complained that they had to do PvE to get ascended armor and they complained till they got it. PvP’ers don’t need ascended armor to PvP.
When fractals came out with a Legendary Back Piece, PvP’ers complained they had to do fractals to get it. They complained until they got one. They don’t need it to PvP.

I can PvP on 3 – 4 different classes and win (depending on Matchmaker) 60% of the time. I liked the rooms to get wins on classes I cant play. Nothing wrong with that.

Why do PvP’ers think that they are entitled to PvE rewards but that PvE players are not allowed to have PvP pots in PvE and shouldn’t play unless they get good.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Firebird Gomer.9563

Affect me as in you directly affecting me? No, of course not.

But achievement/daily chasers on a grander scale beyond yourself have actually ruined a great number of Guild Wars 2 features, several of which I’ve already mentioned, in ways both large and small. They even had to take out the AP from the effing seasonal leaderboard titles, because God forbid we attach points to something that would actually be a reflection of real achievement.

You literally get more AP chopping down trees in Queensdale than you do winning first place in season seven; you also get more gold farming Silverwastes pressing #1 over and over on your loot stick guardian for a few hours than the effort and skill level it takes to practice in PvP well enough to earn even the reward for fourth place or better in the upcoming monthly tournament.

The simple fact is that Guild Wars 2 has always had an awful way of balancing effort vs. rewards, and a very large component of why that’s the case is because people like you exist. If people made more gold than you, had more AP than you, or had more ascended boxes than you for actually playing the game, you’d somehow find a way to argue it’s undeserved and/or unfair.

The true fact is that now it will get worse in Ranked cause PVP’ers asked for Anet to do something about the AFK’ers that also affected quiet non invasive private rooms. Well done.

Doesn’t affect me. I don’t play ranked PvP any longer with WvW having far more interesting things to do/work toward. But even if I were still playing ranked, I’m pretty sure daily AFKers aren’t going to be in platinum-ranked games.

Wow. Your very aggressive aren’t you trying to put on me what you think I am like when you have no idea where or when or what I got my achievement points from or what I even have for achievements (tho now you’ll probably go and look at the leader boards to see if you can see me) or how much gold, ascended or other items I do or don’t have. LOL

I’ll let you know something too. When you get to a certain point in daily achievements you don’t get anymore it is capped. It doesn’t matter how many dailies you complete once you hit max cap you don’t get anymore. I actually maxed mine some time ago. I also NEVER did PvP for the old system of PvP achievements when it was a thing and was separate from normal dailies. So it really isn’t something that I’m chasing doing dailies as I cant get them.

People do have more gold than me, people do have more achievements than me, people do actually have better ascended drops than me. I worked hard to make each and every one of my legendaries I had to buy all my precursors while others got multiple free ones from chests and mobs. So what.

I didn’t get my first precursor till last month after playing since the 3 day head start of GW’s 2. (I will admit it did annoy me that I hadn’t gotten 1 while others had multiple drops of them) But there was nothing I can do about that except hope one day I would get one, which I did.

I don’t know, I’ve read quite a few people in the higher ranks of PvP having AFK’ers in their matches.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

Just so you also know that when you get to a certain point in Daily Achievements you don’t get them any more. There is a cap you cant go past. So those Achievement points mean nothing.

I am aware of the cap, it does not mean those rewards don’t mean anything, because not everyone is at the cap. (I’m not, almost there though, been playing for 4+years)

Again did I ever steal anything of yours by doing a Daily room?

It’s not about stealing anything, it’s about something that is considered exploity (red/blue wins, run to mid tag all) Right?

Also when ascended trinkets came out for PvE, PvP players complained till they got them. They don’t need them to PvP.
When ascended armor came out PvP players complained that they had to do PvE to get ascended armor and they complained till they got it. PvP’ers don’t need ascended armor to PvP.

I don’t remember anywhere, anyone moaning about having to PvE for Ascended rewards, iirc, it was to encourage new people (PvE’ers) to try PvP without them losing out on the rewards they would otherwise earn in PvE. The Skins are unique, which is the bonus.

When fractals came out with a Legendary Back Piece, PvP’ers complained they had to do fractals to get it. They complained until they got one. They don’t need it to PvP.

Again, I don’t recall any complaints, but having 3 backpacks for each game mode is a good thing to reward those players. Like having Legendary armour as the raid reward.

I can PvP on 3 – 4 different classes and win (depending on Matchmaker) 60% of the time. I liked the rooms to get wins on classes I cant play. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s a good job they remove the daily profession winner then.

Why do PvP’ers think that they are entitled to PvE rewards but that PvE players are not allowed to have PvP pots in PvE and shouldn’t play unless they get good.

You can earn those Pots in unranked, where most go to learn new professions.

Kitten.

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You cannot compare generalized PvE rewards to that of exclusive content

Why not? There are some rewards in there that were content-exclusives before those tracks got introduced. And they got introduced exactly because sPvP players did not want to play PvE.
(before you again claim that dungeons don’t count – no, they were not abandoned content yet when those tracks got introduced)

(also, pvp pots as a cost for pve-related guild unlocks was always a bad idea, and it’s not getting any better)

PvP dailies never should’ve attracted “non-PvPers” in the first place

Then they should not give rewards that non-pvp players might want (for example materials for strictly PvE guildhall upgrade).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Death of daily rooms

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

It’s because of people like you that:

• WvW achievements were nerfed
  • Dynamic events were completely gutted and put on timers
  • dungeons were nerfed and left in a state of disrepair
  • Living Story season one was completely scrapped
  • WvW tournaments were cancelled
  • The original requirements for the WvW achievements were straight-up insane even for hardcore players. WvW players complained about that for years before Anet changed it
  • World bosses (the only dynamic events anyone cares about) were not “gutted”, and they were always on timers (the timers were just messier). Those timers were also instance-based, and would wreak havoc in a multi-instance system, which is why Anet changed them. I also have no idea what “achievement hunters” have to do with it.
  • Anet abandoned dungeons because they were too much work, and nerfed the rewards to drive people into newer instanced content like fractals and later raids, I’m not sure what you think “achievement hunters” had to do with any of this, either.
  • Living story season 1 was scrapped because temporary content sounds a lot better on paper than it has ever been in practice, and both Anet and the players realized that
  • They stopped having WvW tournaments because they were actively hurting WvW, they are literally on record as saying this.