Decay discourages playing

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Early this season I did my qualification matches and rolled into gold 2, but stopped playing because spvp is not my main game mode. I thought I might pick it back up, but am sitting on 700 decay.

So if I want to play, I’d have to suffer through 7 games to remove the decay with teammates of frustrating quality.

Decay was intended to make people play regularly, but instead it seems to punish players who do other things.

If decay must be a feature, can it at least be capped at 300 or something reasonable to dig out of?

As it stands now, I can’t see a reason to come back to spvp this season and may as well continue to do other things.

(edited by Hesacon.8735)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

“If you are stuck in the lower leagues, you belong there, L2P” Get ready for that crew to swoop by to ridicule you.

On a more serious note. I think the decay is fine and working as intended. So people can’t just do placement and maybe 10 more matches and secure a higher league then someone with say 200 matches with a 150 – 50 w/l stats.

I think your problem is more of a match making issue then a decay issue.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Hesacon.8735

The decay issue would lead to a matchmaking issue should I pick it back up.

For the record I ended last season in gold 2 after 50 matches and went 5-5 in placements this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

You do know decay doesn’t affect who you are placed against right? It only affects your leaderboard status not the matchmaker.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Matchmaking doesnt take into account your decayed rating, so you will get the same quality matches with or without 700 decay. Im aorry to tell you that the “7 games of frustrating quality” are actually the average gold matches, and any division for that matter.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Hesacon.8735

You do know decay doesn’t affect who you are placed against right? It only affects your leaderboard status not the matchmaker.

Oh, I am totally misunderstanding what decay is for then. If it’s ONLY for leader boards then I guess I have no reason to care about it at all.

I thought it would match me with bronze 1 people against bronze 1 people, which was why I was reluctant to jump back in.

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

Matchmaking has been kittened this season anyway, so it’s going to feel like you’re playing with Bronze players regardless. Even at Plat there are still people that indecisively run around, fight off point, go solo into 1v4s at mid, etc etc.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You do know he wouldn’t have made the post if he did right?