Dishonored Details

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Q:

So I just dc’ed while playing and was trying to look up details of how the dishonored system works. However I cant find a doggie thing about it.

So here is a list with questions regarding the system:

• How many charges “X” can you get in time “T” to become dishonored?
  • How long does the dishonored de-buff last?
  • Does the debuff stay the same regarding rank / games played?
  • Does the debuff increase if it happens more then once or will it stay the same?
  • If our team wins the match even though I dc will I still get the reward?
  • Is there a way that I can find out how far I am to being dishonored?

Thanks in advance

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

A:

• Each stack of dishonor has it’s own duration of 72 hours.
  • You can play until your account has 3 stacks of dishonor.
  • You cannot play until your account has less than 3 stacks. (Think of bleed stacks)
  • Dishonor stacks expire while offline.
  • Being kicked by AFK detection automatically adds a dishonor stack.
  • Being absent from a match will add a stack of dishonor when the match has ended.

Simple version: You can leave a maximum of 3 games every 3 day period. Those could be spread out: If you leave once a day, you effectively lock yourself out every 24 hours. They could be stacked quickly: Leaving 3 times in one day means and cannot play almost the maximum of 72 hours.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

#EvanLeshCeoandpresident2014

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Thanks allot for the quick answer.

I’ve been thinking and got some more questions regarding the system that if possible I’d like an answer to.

• If I’m playing and dc from the game and return before the end of the match will I still get a stack of dishonor?
  • Are you guys working on improving this system or changing to a different one?
  • Could you make a sticky of some sort with this information if you are not going to change anything anytime soon so people can find this information quickly.

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

• You cannot play until your account has less than 3 stacks. (Think of bleed stacks)
  • Being absent from a match will add a stack of dishonor when the match has ended.

Simple version: You can leave a maximum of 3 games every 3 day period. Those could be spread out: If you leave once a day, you effectively lock yourself out every 24 hours. They could be stacked quickly: Leaving 3 times in one day means and cannot play almost the maximum of 72 hours.

Does that mean I’m not allowed to switch to another class mid-game anymore and if I do it 3 times I’ll get a debuff and be locked out of ALL games for 3 days???

If that’s true that’s a little absurd, especially for anyone doing achievements each day for the AP’s to maintain their leaderboard rank or spvp rank. I’m pretty sure I swapped to another character at least a couple times so far mid-game… I didnt techincally leave the match and yet nearly got punished for it?

You guys should be more clear or make these things less overwhelming like 3 hours debuff, other games I’ve played did a similar thing but it wasn’t so drastic… maybe 30 min debuff that you couldn’t join again. If I was locked out from doing my APs for 3 days that would be a huge disappointment.

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Can you leave at the beginning of the game if you’re returning to the lobby?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

If you return to a match after a disconnect or switch classes, you will not gain dishonor.
We are always watching ‘the numbers’ and have the ability to change the variables of dishonor as we see fit. If we think lowering one number or raising another will reduce the amount of leavers and afk players, then we will certainly do it.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Does that mean I’m not allowed to switch to another class mid-game anymore and if I do it 3 times I’ll get a debuff and be locked out of ALL games for 3 days???

If that’s true that’s a little absurd, especially for anyone doing achievements each day for the AP’s to maintain their leaderboard rank or spvp rank. I’m pretty sure I swapped to another character at least a couple times so far mid-game… I didnt techincally leave the match and yet nearly got punished for it?

You guys should be more clear or make these things less overwhelming like 3 hours debuff, other games I’ve played did a similar thing but it wasn’t so drastic… maybe 30 min debuff that you couldn’t join again. If I was locked out from doing my APs for 3 days that would be a huge disappointment.

You are NOT supposed to be able to swap characters in the middle of tPVP matches. Skills get locked once the match starts for a reason: What you are doing is exploiting a vulnerability in the login system to circumvent the skill-locks in place during a match. This exploit (swapping characters mid-match) should automatically put on a dishonour stack to prevent people from abusing it.

Edit: Evan, I hope you’re reading. Either make the system add dishonour when people swap characters to circumvent skill-locking after the match has started, or patch the tPVP servers to prevent re-entry using a different character after the match has started.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

If you return to a match after a disconnect or switch classes, you will not gain dishonor.
We are always watching ‘the numbers’ and have the ability to change the variables of dishonor as we see fit. If we think lowering one number or raising another will reduce the amount of leavers and afk players, then we will certainly do it.

What if you are unable to reconnect to GW2 before the game ends after a DC?
I just so happened to have been disconnected during a solo que tourney 2 days ago and was unable to reconnect due to error 7 (black screen) and 35 (white screen) consecutively.
By the time I reconnected, I have been banned from pvp tourneys for 1 day+ with the debuff, dishonored. I only ever wasn’t able to finish a game once.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

(edited by jayvux.4128)

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Thanks for that answer bro, I was under the impression that if you left at all after the game starts you get an stack of dishonor.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

What if you get kicked from afk detection by being disconnected or soemthing… But later you manage to get internet working again and get in teh match? Do you still get dishonor? What if you disconnect again, do you get two dishonor stacks?

Im now scared to play when its… raining or something :/.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

I just DCed twice in the same match, "Lost connection to the server, code 7:11:3:191:101 and now I’m scared to queue again.
Quick google search shows hundreds of posts with this same error code, so I don’t think this was my fault (especially since my internet was working the whole time).

all is vain

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

So you only increase your odds of being banned the more you play spvp…

Just throwing this out there, if I were to play some unreal number of games in one day say 1000 and have 3 disconnects…

I could see it if I played 10 games and had 3 disconnects.

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Is there any way that we can check the stack of dishonor?

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: vcezve.5701

vcezve.5701

Is this for real? 72 hours per stack? I was in Firefox when the queue popped for regular pvp, and the game did not flash at me as it usually does so I missed the queue and gained dishonour. I actually started writing this post to complain about how players should not be penalised for not accepting the queue—just boot them out of it like EVERY OTHER MMO does with queues instead of make players unable to requeue randoms at all—but the dishonour apparently faded in the several minutes.

Since I had no visible debuff or information other than being told that I had dishonour and that I could not queue at this time, please explain to me how this works accurately since I certainly did not have to wait 72 hours for “dodging.”

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

When did necromancers get buffed this hard?

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Is this for real? 72 hours per stack? I was in Firefox when the queue popped for regular pvp, and the game did not flash at me as it usually does so I missed the queue and gained dishonour. I actually started writing this post to complain about how players should not be penalised for not accepting the queue—just boot them out of it like EVERY OTHER MMO does with queues instead of make players unable to requeue randoms at all—but the dishonour apparently faded in the several minutes.

Since I had no visible debuff or information other than being told that I had dishonour and that I could not queue at this time, please explain to me how this works accurately since I certainly did not have to wait 72 hours for “dodging.”

Man I had that problem in IE11 – nightmare!

Phaatonn, London UK

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Also this system doesn’t work vs actual afkers, because you just have to move periodically to avoid it.

It only really impacts people that dc. People don’t need a deterrent for that.

Phaatonn, London UK

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Had a match. Player on team DC’d or something when gate opened. He came back a few minutes later after our team had been steamrolled, and the match was pretty much done. Then my net dropped. Logged back in asap. Got 15 min dishonor (dont remember when previous dishonor was, didnt seem recent, but 72 hours is a lot). Logged out. Went and played something better.

Do your ‘numbers’ keep track of how your system drives players away from the game? XD

I’d prefer double pip loss (assuming pips are lost) over being locked out of the game. Or at the very least the option.

The problem with the current system is it punishes good players who get a bum wrap (net drops, GW2 errors, slower PC’s not able to log in fast enough) along with the bad (trolls, AFK’rs, Rage quitters, the belligerent).

“You can’t play” even for 15 minutes isn’t a solution, it’s just another problem.

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Nothing better than having your internet crap out for just over 60 seconds and coming back to a winning game and -still- being dishonored and losing pips even though you participated for the rest. Thanks Anet!

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Deliberate and habitual dc & afk should be punished. Cos let’s face it, those type of ppl ruin games. But to me it feels like the current system punishes ppl trying to do the right thing.

No matter what the circumstance it sucks all round if there is a dc. For your team mates who are left short, and for you as the dc as you madly try to reconnect to avoid dishonor.

Pips/dc/dishonor is a BAD combination. Many times in ranked yr team gets salty if you return after dc. You don’t want the dishonor so you can continue to play, they don’t won’t the pip loss. Everybody loses, toxicity ensues.

Dishonor/dc is just one of many problems in pvp atm. Honestly don’t know what I can say that hasn’t already been said. Guess we all just live in hope that devs find a better way.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Dishonored Details

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Have you made any considerations as to how to deal with people who don’t actually AFK but just run around (most often in their base, but sometimes not) instead of actually playing because they deem the match a lost cause and are just giving up?

I haven’t seen it once in ranked this season, but I recently started playing unranked and I’m starting to see it there instead every now and then, and it’s rather displeasing.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.