Do we need to spend all glory by tomorrow?

in PvP

Posted by: Enigma.6089

Enigma.6089

Q:

I have about 50k glory to spend and I was wondering if that needs to be done by tomorrow and if so what the most efficient way to spend it would be.

I also have a truck load of pvp mystic forge mats and I have never known what to do with it all!

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

A:

To be clear: before tomorrow’s patch you should open all of your tournament chests, spend all of your glory, and use all of your PvP crafting materials.

Think X armor doesn’t fit your character’s appearance? Craft it anyways and put it in your locker.

:)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I think so, yes.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

If you have the mats:

Read the top comment for this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1z5syc/spvp_glory_changes_what_items_should_i_collect/

If not, then I’d just get tomes of knowledge or 18 slot bags.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Whether you need to or not, there’s no point in saving it. Hell, even if there wasn’t an official announcement that it’s going away, you’d want to spend it before the next patch anyways since ANet is notorious for deleting currency/currency items unexpectedly after patches.

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

To be clear: before tomorrow’s patch you should open all of your tournament chests, spend all of your glory, and use all of your PvP crafting materials.

Think X armor doesn’t fit your character’s appearance? Craft it anyways and put it in your locker.

what about the chests we get for reaching certain achievement points? i have one on my bank and im 100% sure im only getting duplicate skins

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

WHY?
Why did you make me do that?
1800 Tournament chests tried to friggin’ kill me…!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qdaz2pplj0pbze/gw2_inv.PNG
That’s what was left of them…
and then, you know what?
Then I had to create Dyes…
so many dyes… one by one in the mystic forge…
https://www.dropbox.com/s/atljun5nf7vgh8i/gw2_inv2.PNG
Opening those then was kinda fun, though…
getting rid of the mess afterwards … NOT.
At least my warrior has now about 330 dyes, while using exactly two of them.
I really need to buy some creativity to get out of this celestidial abyss…

I also think I am insane… kind of…
I guess.

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Except there is no way you can use all the PvP materials. Whether you open chests or craft gear, you will have to salvage, thus you will get materials.

Please create a npc to trade them.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Except there is no way you can use all the PvP materials. Whether you open chests or craft gear, you will have to salvage, thus you will get materials.

That has been asked for since the announcement of glory removal. If there wasn’t an NPC added by now, there won’t be one by tomorrow.

One area that I do have a question about is this: What about former players who are coming back to the game post April 15th. What are you going to do to their items? How would they know they needed to get rid of the game?

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

does this include your medium and large rank up chest rewards?

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

That has been asked for since the announcement of glory removal. If there wasn’t an NPC added by now, there won’t be one by tomorrow.

One area that I do have a question about is this: What about former players who are coming back to the game post April 15th. What are you going to do to their items? How would they know they needed to get rid of the game?

Screw them. Going to the forums is mandatory.

Much love,

ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

How will it be tomorrow? All merchants are gone, the glory, the crafting materials?

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Much love,

ArenaNet

Hey if you quit a game, the game doesn’t stop because you decide to quit. I know right, time moves forward.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

Much love,

ArenaNet

Hey if you quit a game, the game doesn’t stop because you decide to quit. I know right, time moves forward.

On the other hand, did they say anything about it in-game?

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Much love,

ArenaNet

On the other hand, did they say anything about it in-game?

If let’s say you quit the game, which is what this is all aboot, then having it in game wouldn’t matter.

With that said, it was on the client after you logged during december. The point being it was announced (glory removal), if you can play an MMO you can probably go to the official site. The official site are all tools necessary to play an MMO.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

It’s not like it would have been difficult to make all the NPCs in the mists say

“Beware, in X days we won’t be accepting glory as a currency anymore”.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

We all know already that filling up the locker will be great, but can’t you just tell us, what will happen to the crafting mats and so on? I suppose they will all just get deleted, but a confirmation would be nice nevertheless.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

If only you’d have let us buy item tokens with gold. Then I could actually use up all my pvp mats.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I asked this before. What if I played pvp a lot and had 2k chests and a tonne of mats saved up. Then decided to take a long break from gw2 uninstalling and playing another game. I finally decide to come back and open my bank to my surprise all of my pvp chests and mats are gone. Was I hacked or screwed over by the Devs? They treat this game like p2p and expect players to login every week. There were times in gw1 I took a couple months break and didn’t have to worry about missing out on content or losing my loot

in PvP

silvermember.8941

I asked this before. What if I played pvp a lot and had 2k chests and a tonne of mats saved up. Then decided to take a long break from gw2 uninstalling and playing another game. I finally decide to come back and open my bank to my surprise all of my pvp chests and mats are gone. Was I hacked or screwed over by the Devs? They treat this game like p2p and expect players to login every week. There were times in gw1 I took a couple months break and didn’t have to worry about missing out on content or losing my loot

1. This is not guild wars 1.
2. If you choose to quit the game, then you made the conscious decision to Quit. That is your problem.
3. Every MMO company wants you to login to their game every day. A lot of the changes recently have been done in that spirit.

Just like the LS if you don’t participate you miss out.
Every change in a MMORPG is going to negatively impact someone, the fact is they have a 4 month warning and if you not do something about it in four months you probably wont do it EVER.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Anet’s actually statements during the first few months when people were complaining about the lack of features in SPvP:

‘We want this to be a game that you can pick up and play at any time. If you aren’t satisfied with the current state of PvP, take a break and we’ll still be here working as hard as we can to improve the game".

They failed to mention the most important part, ’just keep in mind, we may remove everything that you earned during that time and when you come back, you will only be compensated with 1 legendary weapon: The Shaft"

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

1. This is not guild wars 1.
2. If you choose to quit the game, then you made the conscious decision to Quit. That is your problem.
3. Every MMO company wants you to login to their game every day. A lot of the changes recently have been done in that spirit.

Just like the LS if you don’t participate you miss out.
Every change in a MMORPG is going to negatively impact someone, the fact is they have a 4 month warning and if you not do something about it in four months you probably wont do it EVER.

The whole point of my argument was the game is b2p which was the same model they used for gw1 and because of this people leave and come back all the time. I know a lot of people personally that login every month or so because they are busy or things come up etc and check the changes which is much easier to do compared to a p2p game

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I’m a little confused by how you expect us to use our crafting materials in the first place. I can’t successfully complete any recipes, so it’s just going to sit there and (presumably) Anet will take them away and tell me it was my fault that I have so much Arcane Dust and nothing to do with it?

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I still think it’s pretty amazing that they are deleting an entire rewards system without leaving any way to convert to the newer system. People that stopped for a few months will come back to quite a surprise.

in PvP

felivear.1536

I’m a little confused by how you expect us to use our crafting materials in the first place. I can’t successfully complete any recipes, so it’s just going to sit there and (presumably) Anet will take them away and tell me it was my fault that I have so much Arcane Dust and nothing to do with it?

I, like hundreds of other players, will lose a large chunk of the only thing that i earned while PvPing, simply because I can’t buy the recipes.

Such a waste.

in PvP

felivear.1536

I still think it’s pretty amazing that they are deleting an entire rewards system without leaving any way to convert to the newer system. People that stopped for a few months will come back to quite a surprise.

More likely, they just won’t come back.

in PvP

milo.6942

More likely, they just won’t come back.

“Where’s my stuff…
What do you mean it got deleted?
…forget it, later Anet.”

in PvP

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

So, because I just started pvp and I was really excited that the arah set only costs 15000 glory, I won’t be able to get it now.. And I was really close to having that set unlocked I.y wardrobe for pve!?

Man.. Way to kick a guy when he’s down.

in PvP

GinghamLion.3614

Unless it’s possible to get 10,000 glory in one night of WvW for a level 45, I’ll be pretty sad I missed that armor skin.

in PvP

butch.8136

In Anets defence: This has been common knowledge for a while now.

in PvP

felivear.1536

So, I totally get that, but why not add a vendor that sells you tokens for silver? That would have solved the issue and shown a shred decency.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

Unless it’s possible to get 10,000 glory in one night of WvW for a level 45, I’ll be pretty sad I missed that armor skin.

Glory in WvW? what?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

So, I totally get that, but why not add a vendor that sells you tokens for silver? That would have solved the issue and shown a shred decency.

I dunno about other people but when I knew that glory was being removed, I saved glory so that I could buy the tokens I needed.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

GinghamLion.3614

Glory in WvW? what?

Haven’t played any WvW. Thought you got glory from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

I’m assuming this includes “PvP Achievement Rewards” from AP chests as well?

in PvP

silvermember.8941

So, because I just started pvp and I was really excited that the arah set only costs 15000 glory, I won’t be able to get it now.. And I was really close to having that set unlocked I.y wardrobe for pve!?

Unless you are a new player, you had all the chances got get the gear. well that was your option and you did not exercise it. Also getting the arah set was actually easier than getting most of the sets.

in PvP

GinghamLion.3614

Unless you are a new player, you had all the chances got get the gear. well that was your option and you did not exercise it. Also getting the arah set was actually easier than getting most of the sets.

Yes, I’m expressing the opinion of a new player who just yesterday realized the arah set was easy to get. Now I’ll only
Be able to get it at 80.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Does anybody know how unidentified dyes crafted via pvp are handeled?
I hope, those don’t get deleted also.

in PvP

butch.8136

Ye, I agree. I was responding to the guy that wanted that Arah skin.

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

I am playing guild wars for years now. And the best thing about guild wars was that you could quit for a few months and it did not impact your account a lot. And now when I had this break in gw2 I noticed yesterday by chance “use all your glory, materials etc. or it will get wasted”. Because of bad design thousands of mats will get wasted anyway but what if I would miss that message like many will I pressume. All the stuff players got in months of playing will be lost because they went on a break … like they did many times before …

in PvP

silvermember.8941

I am playing guild wars for years now. And the best thing about guild wars was that you could quit for a few months and it did not impact your account a lot. And now when I had this break in gw2 I noticed yesterday by chance “use all your glory, materials etc. or it will get wasted”. Because of bad design thousands of mats will get wasted anyway but what if I would miss that message like many will I pressume. All the stuff players got in months of playing will be lost because they went on a break … like they did many times before …

Your honor,

Relevance to Guild wars 2?

While it is nice you played guild wars 1, the truth is this is not guild wars 1 and it will never be guild wars 1 for good or mostly bad.

in PvP

milo.6942

Your honor,

While it is nice you played guild wars 1, the truth is this is not guild wars 1 and it will never be guild wars 1 for good or mostly bad.

It’s nice to see someone play the trusty “it’s a different game” card, but is it also a different company? This isn’t the anet I remember.

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Your honor,

It’s nice to see someone play the trusty “it’s a different game” card, but is it also a different company? This isn’t the anet I remember.

Oh ya, that is the same kitten bioware fans tell themselves when they cry over their spilled milk.

It is almost like what you remember doesn’t mean anything. I mean if it was random that would be true, but considering the 4 month warning you don’t have a point.

Just to add things change, companies change, people change, the sooner you realize that the better it will be for yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Your honor,

GW1 is reason most people bought GW2 in first place, so I am not sure why you do not see any relevance, considering GW1 and GW2 are LINKED ingame. GW1 also has its playerbase even after almost 10 years so it is quite obvious they did something right. GW1 pvp player base is probably bigger at this moment than the one of GW2.

Also the slogan of Anet is play as you like …

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Anet shafted us on the crafting.

I spent all my glory, opened my chests, and has 2000+ arcane powder with NO GLORY TO BUY CONSUMABLE TOKENS OR ITEM TOKENS.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Anet shafted us on the crafting.

I spent all my glory, opened my chests, and has 2000+ arcane powder with NO GLORY TO BUY CONSUMABLE TOKENS OR ITEM TOKENS.

Yup, been saying this for a month, but they decided otherwise.

Again, for those saying you saved, you actualy did it wrong and got lucky. They gave a 1000h pvp = 300gold in wintersday, when it was specificaly announced that glory will be removed.
After that it was still NOT WORTHY buying consumable tokens, heck i even destroyed a few chects stacks, just cz there was no salvage kits to buy.

Now i got 250x slivers , but no 50k glory for tokens

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Perdix.8641

Perdix.8641

1250+ unopened chests still over the accounts

Think I’ll just practise some guitar and get to bed.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Dear Josh, what about armor and weapons our characters are currently equipped with in pvp ? Since after the patch, our armor will be replaced by our PvE version, will equipped PvP armor be unlocked in the wardrobe or will they be lost (ie: should I strip naked all my characters in pvp and put the skins in the locker ?)

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

@Ashariel the wardrobe is not related to the PvP locker, everything that is PvP related in your bags/in the locker/ in your bank/on your character should end up in the wardrobe.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

How can we use all of our crafting materials without glory? Legit question

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]