Duel Servers is getting out of hand

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

This is a QQ.

With that said, I love playing sPVP hotjoins. I don’t like 8v8. I like 5v5. So I always enter the 5v5 rooms in hotjoin. I am aware that some rooms become duel servers wherein players do not play the conquest mode but just fight 1v1 with other players of the opposing team until the timer of that particular match runs out. When I see that no point is capped and people are chatting in the map, I leave and move on to the next room since I know it’s a duel map. I get it.

But when you enter 5 different rooms with people dueling in all of them can really kitten someone off sometimes.

Please don’t tell me to join tourney’s instead. I don’t want to waste my tickets. I just want to have fun playing conquest mode the way it should be played in hotjoins. Am I not allowed to do that now? :/

So I just want to let this out. And hopeful the upcoming custom arenas (I don’t know if that’s gonna come in on the next patch though) should do something about this or JUST IMPLEMENT DUELS SO THAT EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

i wont pay money or gold to duel my friends so I will continue to use free spvp maps, dueling should have been here from the start, its a core element in mmorpgs to help us learn classes and practice with builds without interruptions

i wish arenanet gave us the option to duel anywhere we want except cities

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Just the result of a game with a terrible lack of features

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

I applaud those duelists who innovate the current hotjoin servers to cater their dueling needs. But yea, if players want to duel, they should be able to do so without compromising others who also want to do conquest modes on those hotjoin servers.

How the hell should I know if the hotjoin server I am about to enter was meant for duelling anyway?

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

I applaud those duelists who innovate the current hotjoin servers to cater their dueling needs. But yea, if players want to duel, they should be able to do so without compromising others who also want to do conquest modes on those hotjoin servers.

How the hell should I know if the hotjoin server I am about to enter was meant for duelling anyway?

Oh well you can always join another server can’t you?
I agree a dueling mode should be implemented. Atm the only option we have is to join empty servers.

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

anet does not want to include the functionality because its against there philosophy

no anet, that’s not how people work, if people want to duel they will figure out a way to duel, not including the feature will just result in other systems being used for the players own gains, at the detriment to other players willing to use the system properly

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

Oh well you can always join another server can’t you?
I agree a dueling mode should be implemented. Atm the only option we have is to join empty servers.

Yes I can join another server. But won’t it kitten you off if you enter another dueling server and then another one and have to join another one AGAIN and AGAIN? My patience can only go so far..

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Dueling should be added at some point. I just dont know if it should be considered a top priority over finding a way to make pvp actually “competitive”. Spectator mode and some kind of ranking system for players/teams that actually measures where you stand instead of how much you play should really be the focus right now.

I will agree though: Anet not having at least Guild Hall dueling in the game on release still baffles me.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

What about just taking some of those empty servers and labeling them duel only servers? All it would require is a change in text instead of an actual programming and coding issue. Anets really good about changing texts/tool tips (sarcasm)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: icedutah.1752

icedutah.1752

Yes, I agree with you OP. Makes me very mad and I only enter 8v8 now but hate 8v8!

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Not to take away from the issue at hand because I do think it’s a valid issue to be talked about, but you can solo queue free tournaments and get into 5v5 fights as well without spending tickets. You should of course, be able to do hotjoin 5v5 if you so wish without this much hassle though.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

Not to take away from the issue at hand because I do think it’s a valid issue to be talked about, but you can solo queue free tournaments and get into 5v5 fights as well without spending tickets. You should of course, be able to do hotjoin 5v5 if you so wish without this much hassle though.

Yea perhaps I could do that. But hotjoin is hotjoin. There’s no queue or waiting time there. It’s just continuous matches. I worry about my tickets but the queues worry me more, come to think of it and should have stated it in my post. XD

in PvP

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

What about just taking some of those empty servers and labeling them duel only servers? All it would require is a change in text instead of an actual programming and coding issue. Anets really good about changing texts/tool tips (sarcasm)

I agree with this, but I’d like them to separate 8v8, 5v5, and dueling servers into three separate tabs on the game browser. With all due respect to Anet, the current browser is cumbersome and aesthetically displeasing, and just generally feels like the product of lazy design (not to mention the perpetual “world is full” bugs that plague it). Separate tabs would make navigating servers easier in general, since it would eliminate the dueling conflicts people are having while also giving 5v5 games a more proper place in the browser (instead of being buried beneath the 8v8’s).

I don’t really think this would be much more difficult than changing the text on the servers, so it would be nice if Anet could invest some time into cleaning it up soon. Honestly, though, I doubt we’ll see this sort of change before custom servers are released. Count me pleasantly surprised if we do.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Yea perhaps I could do that. But hotjoin is hotjoin. There’s no queue or waiting time there. It’s just continuous matches. I worry about my tickets but the queues worry me more, come to think of it and should have stated it in my post. XD

Yeah I don’t meant to take away the significance of what point out, but there is a mediocre work around for some of it. Hotjoin’s complete lack of a queue system and wait times is something I appreciate and enjoy as well.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I just cant understand how could this game release without a duel tool, should be one for Pve/WvWvW chars and one for sPvP chars, instanced or w/e but there should be SOMETHING, using game rooms to duel just because someone for sure thought “duels who need them? im sure no one will notice!”

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

What’s getting out of hands is zerging in 8v8

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

If you have to use the “play now” button so you dont get the “this server is full” error that takes an age to pop up,
you end up being ported to the dueling servers 70% of the time.. very frustrating..

I just leave re-enter hit “play now” get taken to exact same server lol.. after third time
I browse the rooms manually to find a high population.. only to have the pvp browser freeze up until it can pop up the “this server is full” message"

I really like the suggestion of tabs in the pvp browser to help clean it up..

please sort this soon as it is very frustrating

in PvP

Posted by: Vasilis.1963

Vasilis.1963

Impelement dueling system , YESTERDAY.

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

I encourage people not to use hot-join, its pretty lame when someone is dueling and a newcomer comes and spoils the fun with a cheap kill and stomp.