Dunning Kreuger effect and GW2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Anyone else feel like gw2 pvp decelopment is a splended example of the Dunning Kreuger effect?

Devs be talkin about bad for the player and good for the game, advanced meta thinking… meanwhile their gameplay is boring.

1) If youre a twitch action game, include aiming. make more abilities skill shots. Go play smite or somekitten.
2) If youre a tactical meta build mtg game then just start over. from the beginning, go all the way back.
3) Either way remove the stupid gap closers there are too many.

then you can like, talk about nerfing thief glass, because it kills all other glass too well, and therfore prevents other classes from having glass build options. Thats the kind of bad for a player good for the game decision you were talking about right? Except you took like a year to sort of move in that direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

So true, whenever I try to play glass there a thief will remind me that only they can run glass at higher level play.

One single class removes the option for all other classes…

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I fail to see how this has to do with the Dunning-Krüger effect. Are you suggesting the devs don’t know their game?

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

You can run other classes with burst. The other day they were streaming an Ele, Thief, and Power Necro comp on GW2PVPTV that was wreckin hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Dunning-Krüger effect – the major source of balance complaints.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You can run other classes with burst. The other day they were streaming an Ele, Thief, and Power Necro comp on GW2PVPTV that was wreckin hard.

Any 3 people working together is going to own in this game because people dont try at that level in this game. Also thief was there to peel for the other two.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

That was in team queues tho.. usually you’ll get people who are at least in TS, which is a lot better than solo Q.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I fail to see how this has to do with the Dunning-Krüger effect. Are you suggesting the devs don’t know their game?

2) The devs attempt to make a AAA Esport game.
1) The thief conversation that will ensue

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I love how these threads always try to make themselves be about big important sounding things for the game and everyone playing it.

Then when you read the thread it becomes clear the guy got whomped by a thief and he’s upset. If that’s what this is about, say so rofl.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I love how these threads always try to make themselves be about big important sounding things for the game and everyone playing it.

Then when you read the thread it becomes clear the guy got whomped by a thief and he’s upset. If that’s what this is about, say so rofl.

and you are clearly a thief.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

And clearly that’s what this thread is actually about.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

And clearly that’s what this thread is actually about.

exactly

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Stealth OP nerf plz

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

I fail to see how this has to do with the Dunning-Krüger effect?

The thread is a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The OP even failed to spell it correctly. Incompetent posters are unaware that their posts are not worth the time to read it.

Tz tz

(edited by FirstBlood.7359)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Dunning-Krüger effect – the major source of balance complaints.

+1’d. You hit the nail on the head with this one lol

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this topic has run it’s course, it is closed.