Fed up with the premade teams

in PvP

Posted by: MiGFiD.1760

MiGFiD.1760

Why. Why is this even a thing. A group of two, fine. A group of three, kind of pushing it. But a whole group? Seriously? What the hell? That’s hardly fair. I’m not sure what the devs were thinking. I can understand guild missions and such, but honestly having a whole team of guild members is just ridiculous.

Is there a way that Anet could separate these things? Like putting premade teams in a separate queue so we don’t waste my time on that kind of bullkitten? Or limiting the amount of people in sPvP premade teams into no more than two or three?

I hope Anet does something about this. I like the game and all, and yes I know that in this game pvp will never will be balanced (ever), but at least make an effort to show that there is something to be done to keep the imbalances in check.

Also, it doesn’t help that some people didn’t buy HoT. You take it up the kitten unwillingly if you didn’t buy the new expansion.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Is there a way that Anet could separate these things? Like putting premade teams in a separate queue so we don’t waste my time on that kind of bullkitten?

We had this. It was a different tab entirely for Premades and that 1 or 2 solo players who absolutely didn’t mind the challenge at times. But this lead to incredibly high queue times for 5 man teams… to the point where they often waited 10m++ until they found a game.

So far, the current solution caters casuals and 5man teams both. Unless you have a better suggestion? :)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

There is a poll thread about GW2 pvp just vote on it there. Once it disappears I’m be sure to state the statistics if the op doesn’t.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

MiGFiD.1760

Is there a way that Anet could separate these things? Like putting premade teams in a separate queue so we don’t waste my time on that kind of bullkitten?

We had this. It was a different tab entirely for Premades and that 1 or 2 solo players who absolutely didn’t mind the challenge at times. But this lead to incredibly high queue times for 5 man teams… to the point where they often waited 10m++ until they found a game.

So far, the current solution caters casuals and 5man teams both. Unless you have a better suggestion?

I’ve got a few suggestions:

1. Only have 2 or 3 for groups of premade. Take out the whole 5 man team thing.

2. If groups of 4 or 5 are made, have the reward track lessened by half the amount that is made.

3. This is ridiculous, but have some sort of handicap. Nothing too big or extravagant, but something that kind of evens out the odds.

I’m thinking that number 2 is probably the best choice. Having less of a reward for people who have more than 3 people in a team. For example, instead of 30 silver on a win, 15 silver would be the prize instead. Same thing for the reward track.

Edit: took out original #3

(edited by MiGFiD.1760)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Seriously what is this?

They have taken out 8 vs 8 in hot join. They took out solo que and all of this was a attempt to get people to team up together. Many upon many have been able to solo que and not have huge issues with it. You either need to find people to play with or realize you will struggle since you want to lone wolf it.

You are seriously suggesting punishing people who are actually making PvP more competitive.

in PvP

MiGFiD.1760

Seriously what is this?

They have taken out 8 vs 8 in hot join. They took out solo que and all of this was a attempt to get people to team up together. Many upon many have been able to solo que and not have huge issues with it. You either need to find people to play with or realize you will struggle since you want to lone wolf it.

You are seriously suggesting punishing people who are actually making PvP more competitive.

I should have specified that I’m talking about unranked. That stuff can pass in ranked.
But if you are talking about unrakned, “punishing” those who make the game more competitive when they have an upper hand with either third party communication, skill stacking, class stacking, or xyz in unrakned, where’s the fairness in that?

Two people in a team or three people, with three kind of pushing it, is fine. But, having four or five people in a group that have a plan, and has some assurance that they’re all at least decent players against a team that probably has a crap team composition, I’m quite sure that the team will always win.

Again, I’m talking about unranked. I’m fine with that stuff going on in ranked just because, you know, it’s competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I solo queue and think they should have separate joins for solo and teams. I think part of the issue with people getting into divisions that they don’t belong in is them queuing with others and inflating their win rate vs solo players. There is a big difference between a player that can figure it where to be and who needs help on their own vs one that has people telling them over comms.. At the same time just about every guild team I’ve seen in unranked is pretty bad.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They should do a season where it is solo queue only. Even a duo queue is a big advantage over a 5 person pug team.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t think this will be issue with ranked. From my experience in season 2 they made it so if you face premade they are usually players below your level or your teammates are better than single players in premade. I think it was very very very few matches out of hundreds where i actually lost to full premade. Most of them got destroyed pretty bad.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

So far, the current solution caters casuals and 5man teams both. Unless you have a better suggestion?

Before I left the game, Neverwinter implemented a system where premades (3-5players) were preferentially matched against other premades. This increased queue times somewhat for premade teams but not to the level of having a separate queue.

I believe cryptic did a few passes to tune the queue times, since when it was first launched 20min+ times were common for top tier teams with all high mmr players unless other high mmr teams were playing (resulting in teams prearranging matches via teamspeak and private chat channels).

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

There definitely should be a solo queue for this game. But Anet keeps coming up with excuses of not implementing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

In higher tier Legendary que times are upwards of 20 minutes with ease. Usually 10-15 minutes during prime time. 3 to 4 hours late night / early morning.

I also played in top 10 SoloQ and I often ran with a team in TeamQ within the top 50 and to be quite honest with you I never minded the que times in either game mode. It wasn’t really broken per se, they just attempted to make it better but it just got worse.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

In higher tier Legendary que times are upwards of 20 minutes with ease. Usually 10-15 minutes during prime time. 3 to 4 hours late night / early morning.

I also played in top 10 SoloQ and I often ran with a team in TeamQ within the top 50 and to be quite honest with you I never minded the que times in either game mode. It wasn’t really broken per se, they just attempted to make it better but it just got worse.

Some people got lives though. 20 minutes for a match is crap.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

They are praticing for ranked, I have noticed a surge of premades as well. Kept on facing 3+ team, even went up against a full premade, all day long.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Some people got lives though. 20 minutes for a match is crap.

Kind of my point. The pip system didn’t do much for players who hit Legendary, and most games after a certain threshold were entirely dominated by highest MMR players on one side and the crappier players on the other. This was how my last 150 games went in Legendary.

In F2P Amber-Legendary though it was a breeze and took me a little more than a weekend to achieve. Que times were substantially less, between 2 and 4 minutes. But the games were of laughable quality.. and I mean triple capping home kind of laughable.

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

Why. Why is this even a thing. A group of two, fine. A group of three, kind of pushing it. But a whole group? Seriously? What the hell? That’s hardly fair. I’m not sure what the devs were thinking. I can understand guild missions and such, but honestly having a whole team of guild members is just ridiculous.

Is there a way that Anet could separate these things? Like putting premade teams in a separate queue so we don’t waste my time on that kind of bullkitten? Or limiting the amount of people in sPvP premade teams into no more than two or three?

I hope Anet does something about this. I like the game and all, and yes I know that in this game pvp will never will be balanced (ever), but at least make an effort to show that there is something to be done to keep the imbalances in check.

Also, it doesn’t help that some people didn’t buy HoT. You take it up the kitten unwillingly if you didn’t buy the new expansion.

This is the exact opposite that should happen. PvP is a “TEAM GAME” not a solo PvE crap where you can roam and don’t care about others. It is a team game and should be played in premades and not solo! So instead of creating stupid threads asking Anet to not allow premades, you should rather not play solo or just stick to unranked or PvE things.

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This is the exact opposite that should happen. PvP is a “TEAM GAME” not a solo PvE crap where you can roam and don’t care about others. It is a team game and should be played in premades and not solo! So instead of creating stupid threads asking Anet to not allow premades, you should rather not play solo or just stick to unranked or PvE things.

Many of the nuances to playing in teams will never be gained in a pug queue from “lf for 2 more for 5 mans” even playing on ts. I think the game itself has a steep learning curve to playing effectively as a team which conflicts with the casual nature Anet wants people to play. If there was only a team queue, the small population that currently exists would become even smaller. This becomes a problem which Anet hasn’t solved since launch which is a basic pvp tutorial which people have suggested, but the resources to do so have been non-existent. Most of the 5 mans made up of good players don’t really use ts (90% of the time) in “premades” unless they are making fun banter in between because it is pointless and everyone rotates or helps a teammate out from a messed up situation or just people are used to talking to each other, fyi.

in PvP

MiGFiD.1760

Should have specified that I was talking about unranked pvp. I do not mind teams in ranked.

in PvP

Eagelseye.6312

See if you are talking about Unranked PvP it makes sense. However at present teams are practising for the upcoming season. Therefore, you will eventually land up against these premades.

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

i enjoyed playing solo against other players. it matters whether you play against bots or humans, so telling me i should play pve because i think premades are boring (with or against them) is simply ignorant. as ignorant as it is hypocrite to claim you play with others because theyre your friends. sure, happens. but the majority is looking simply for an advantage, and those kits will never be honest about that. but you can conclude that easily, just be attentive.

the same people who claim they want to play with their friends will ask strangers to join them, just because theyre good players. that has nothing to do with friendship.

the same people who claim they want to play with friends will rant about their losses, blaming soloplayers who never got any support for it. when adressed about their aggressive attitude, theyll say stuff like: “insults can happen in the heat of battle, you know, were just very competitive and dont wanna lose ..” that again has nothing to do with friendship ..

and when you see one of these guys here acting like that, or recognize them, you know whats up.

(edited by Khales.3198)

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

@eagelseye “TEAM GAME”…“play in premade”. Do yourself a favor and get a clue please. Do you have any idea how long your queue times you be without solo players? After that think about playing the same premades over and over again. CLUELESS!!

in PvP

Eagelseye.6312

@eagelseye “TEAM GAME”…“play in premade”. Do yourself a favor and get a clue please. Do you have any idea how long your queue times you be without solo players? After that think about playing the same premades over and over again. CLUELESS!!

Why clueless, when there would only be premade teams the Q time will be nothing actually. It is long now, because there are very less full premades and the system try to match them against each other as such. PvP is a team game and it needs to be played in a team. A solo player unless superskilled, wont understand what others are thinking to do, like I have seen players not even interacting on team chat and two people running to take close, one suddenly going far and hey mid-lost without a fight, or none going for close and boom you dont have any node and they have triple cap etc.

Ranked games should only have five player full team entry.

in PvP

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

>plays mmo with heavy emphasis on team play
>refuses to find others to play with regularly
>????