Finally , Thief is well balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The classes are still imbalanced for conquest and for 1 vs 1. And what’s worse, unlike in league of legends where champions get balanced every patch. The balance team in Guildwars 2 hasn’t balanced their classes for a long while. I’m just wondering if they have given up.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

One half functional build per class is balanced,good joke of the summer.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.5739

Hannibal.5739

If it’s well balanced, why do u think it still needs buffs?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Different specializations need buffs Da/Tri/DD is all fine but it is used with 3 different weapons sets since nothing beats them most times……

But nothing really needs buff but to be nerfed and remove all the power creep

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Season 2 – I Carry My Team With Portals
http://img01.deviantart.net/14be/i/2016/099/c/0/gw001_by_superkoreanbella-d9yaolt.jpg

Season 3 – I Carry My Team With Shadow Traps
http://img13.deviantart.net/dc78/i/2016/182/2/1/s3_legendary_5_by_superkoreanbella-da8cw2r.jpg

Thief is well balanced at the moment
but I think Thief still need more buffs

Why have you won more games than you’ve played?

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yeah… “balanced”

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Season 2 – I Carry My Team With Portals
http://img01.deviantart.net/14be/i/2016/099/c/0/gw001_by_superkoreanbella-d9yaolt.jpg

Season 3 – I Carry My Team With Shadow Traps
http://img13.deviantart.net/dc78/i/2016/182/2/1/s3_legendary_5_by_superkoreanbella-da8cw2r.jpg

Thief is well balanced at the moment
but I think Thief still need more buffs

Why have you won more games than you’ve played?

he won 353 versus game played 539 so 65% win rate

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Anyway, just because a bunch of noobs have gotten stomped on thief doesnt mean the class isnt still as OP as ever (since release).

In the past it’s been well identified that the mechanics of how thief functions are the root of it’s problem (initiative system for an obvious example!). Guess what folks, we still have initiative! XD

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViF6JRNjTk

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Yeah… “balanced”

If you let them land it, you earned getting backstabbed. It is balanced considering how ridiculously hard it is to land.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

It’s isn’t as hard as people make it out to be, I land a lot of my tactical strikes and back stabs although I asume this actually is pvp, hitting 10k must of been running the most glass’st build out there

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

2 teams ran thief in the pro league finals, both teams got destroyed in round 1. Thief sure is balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

Every team that ran engi got destroyed in the pro league finals. (except r55 in their first set because it was engi vs engi).
I guess we should buff engi.
/s

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yeah… “balanced”

1.It’s a crit
2.Could have had 25 stacks of might
3.Likely ran Berserker’s Amulet
4.Could have been on a squishy target with a squishy amulet with no defensive boons
5.Fury increases crit damage.
6.Scholar Runes and the thief being above 90% HP

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

It’s isn’t as hard as people make it out to be, I land a lot of my tactical strikes and back stabs although I asume this actually is pvp, hitting 10k must of been running the most glass’st build out there

Tactical Strike doesn’t require you to be behind or flanking your target. Ofc you would land it. And you will also land your Backstab but you won’t necessarily land the double damage. That’s what is hard to land. What’s more, it’s hardly worth the effort.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes a thief can kill you while constantly evading. Yeah you can’t hit them unless you time a stun for the split second they are on the ground. Yes they are so balanced.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Yes a mesmer can kill you while constantly evading. Yeah you can’t hit them unless you time a stun for the split second they are on the ground. Yes they are so balanced.

Fixed that for you

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Tactical Strike doesn’t require you to be behind or flanking your target. Ofc you would land it. And you will also land your Backstab but you won’t necessarily land the double damage. That’s what is hard to land. What’s more, it’s hardly worth the effort.

this went strait over your head mate. when i say tactical strike i meant the dazed version, so yes i am behind said target…who uses it to blind people :p, how ever it is a bit faster at ‘casting’ then back stab is.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yeah… “balanced”

If you let them land it, you earned getting backstabbed.

pffft.

Either you don’t play thief or you are trolling.

opening with steal + bas venom followed w/ instant backstab all day long.

If you need to be shown how its done, I’ll happily give you a lesson.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

+18K damage with unload in less than 1,5 sec to guardian in spvp.
“Balanced” in what? Being crazily OP?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Thief have unbalanced DMG a dodges

First Unload withou stacked might and Lead Attacks make 8k dmg (marauder amulet,pack runes) vs Guardian with Demolisher amulet.

Vault is next problem in team fight Thief only use dodge with boundng dodge and Vault 5x in row, every single Vault make 8k+ AOE DMG and Bound 4k+ AOE DMG.
Yesterday I lose with 19 game win streak on P/P Staff Thief.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

The Critflips is a pretty major exception to the powerlevel of most other thief builds. I’m a fan of Pulmonary impact + interrupts. Much more interactive.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Thief have unbalanced DMG a dodges

First Unload withou stacked might and Lead Attacks make 8k dmg (marauder amulet,pack runes) vs Guardian with Demolisher amulet.

Vault is next problem in team fight Thief only use dodge with boundng dodge and Vault 5x in row, every single Vault make 8k+ AOE DMG and Bound 4k+ AOE DMG.
Yesterday I lose with 19 game win streak on P/P Staff Thief.

Tone down the damage and dodges and you’ll have to give thief more passive defenses to balance them. Thief was out of meta for the previous seasons. Even Toker, perhaps the greatest thief in the game’s history due to his amazing reflexes and initiative management, switched to revenant (which admittedly takes more skill since it has cooldowns on top of energy on top of the moves charging longer than thief and no shortbow 5 and Shadowstep to get out of town when needed, but) as it was objectively better (so long as you can time the skills right) and perhaps still is.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Haha people are really complaining about Vault and Unload? This game’s population has to be full of f2p keyboard turning skill clickers at this point.

L2dodge basilisk venom and/or steal and thief is most likely dead meat. Oh L2P while you all are at it.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Anyway, just because a bunch of noobs have gotten stomped on thief doesnt mean the class isnt still as OP as ever (since release).

In the past it’s been well identified that the mechanics of how thief functions are the root of it’s problem (initiative system for an obvious example!). Guess what folks, we still have initiative! XD

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.

OP fosho, that’s why it was dead in the water and barely has a pulse this season. Initiative won’t change, find something else to cry about. Probably “perma stealth” or “perma evades.”

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yes a thief can kill you while constantly evading. Yeah you can’t hit them unless you time a stun for the split second they are on the ground. Yes they are so balanced.

Oh no you actually need skill to fight the most skill and reaction dependent class in the game which also has the least passive defenses? Your lack of skill is OP confirmed.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.

OP fosho, that’s why it was dead in the water and barely has a pulse this season. Initiative won’t change, find something else to cry about. Probably “perma stealth” or “perma evades.”

Oh hey, relax, thief and all it’s most shining qualities are here to stay. Everybody knows this regardless of how ridiculous it’s been. Don’t nerf em, don’t change em, just accept em and l2p around them, as well as build around them. Thieves have only ever had themselves to blame for the conditions they’ve had to fight in. If anyone should stop crying, it’s thieves :)

Though since you mention it, Thief has reached even more ridiculous heights with the evade evade evade spam while engaged, then disengage instantly to cool off before going straight back in to do it all again XD. It’s pretty funny. It’s like a circus, and the thief is the clown.

~Thiefclowns.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.

Oh hey, relax, thief and all it’s most shining qualities are here to stay. Everybody knows this regardless of how ridiculous it’s been. Don’t nerf em, don’t change em, just accept em and l2p around them, as well as build around them. Thieves have only ever had themselves to blame for the conditions they’ve had to fight in. If anyone should stop crying, it’s thieves

Though since you mention it, Thief has reached even more ridiculous heights with the evade evade evade spam while engaged, then disengage instantly to cool off before going straight back in to do it all again XD. It’s pretty funny. It’s like a circus, and the thief is the clown.

~Thiefclowns.

>"Thief has reached even more ridiculous heights"
>Thief trash tier for most of the last 8 months

L2p indeed

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.

Oh hey, relax, thief and all it’s most shining qualities are here to stay. Everybody knows this regardless of how ridiculous it’s been. Don’t nerf em, don’t change em, just accept em and l2p around them, as well as build around them. Thieves have only ever had themselves to blame for the conditions they’ve had to fight in. If anyone should stop crying, it’s thieves

~Thiefclowns.

>“Thief has reached even more ridiculous heights”

L2p indeed

Agreed. Learn to play thief. They swing matches for their team when they’re good.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Haha people are really complaining about Vault and Unload? This game’s population has to be full of f2p keyboard turning skill clickers at this point.

L2dodge basilisk venom and/or steal and thief is most likely dead meat. Oh L2P while you all are at it.

Yeah, a suggestion to dodge ability with no activation indications other than requiring you to constantly observe what boons/effects are currently on thief.
+baseless insults
= average thief player.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

~Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.

~Thiefclowns.

>“Thief has reached even more ridiculous heights”

L2p indeed

Agreed. Learn to play thief. They swing matches for their team when they’re good.

So only like the top 10% of thieves have any impact and the rest might as well be afk. OP confirmed!

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yeah, a suggestion to dodge ability with no activation indications other than requiring you to constantly observe what boons/effects are currently on thief.
+baseless insults
= average thief player.

L2 predict, I dodge steals all the time. If any of you actually PLAYED thief it becomes very obvious when a thief is going to steal. Have you ever even played a fighter game like super smash or street fighter? Being competitive is like 20 percent reactions and 80 percent prediction.

I don’t even say I main thief anymore. I stopped playing it much because of the trash status it has been in. These days it’s not bad but it has become completely one dimensional and boring as a blow someone up then run away class, because any fight where they don’t win in the first ten seconds is lost. But ok you can go ahead and keep complaining about a class that is barely a notch above DH in today’s meta. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of sympathy.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

keep complaining about a class that is barely a notch above DH in today’s meta. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of sympathy.

Is this trolling? This has to be trolling. Highest burst class is barely above the worst class?
I refuse to believe this isn’t trolling. How can someone write this and not laugh?

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

keep complaining about a class that is barely a notch above DH in today’s meta. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of sympathy.

Is this trolling? This has to be trolling. Highest burst class is barely above the worst class?
I refuse to believe this isn’t trolling. How can someone write this and not laugh?

You are threatening his ability to participate with the rest of the playerbase after all.

…of course he is going to get defensive.

Typical crutch build user, starts going all “gollum” and starts crying out for their “precious” when u say anything about nerfing op specs which they use…

Don’t try and take it from them…. it could get ugly, lol.

Attachments:

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

L2 predict, I dodge steals all the time. If any of you actually PLAYED thief it becomes very obvious when a thief is going to steal. Have you ever even played a fighter game like super smash or street fighter? Being competitive is like 20 percent reactions and 80 percent prediction. .

Yup. A good thief will predict your predicted dodge, and wait, baiting it out. So that leave you to predict his prediction, to which he’ll predict your prediction, and that prediction will need to be predicted.

It’s that simple!

You know you’re a true pro when you predict the 1200 range insta teleport steal coming from behind LoS while stealthed. Just got to play thief, you’ll see how easy it is! :D

Rofl

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

L2 predict, I dodge steals all the time. If any of you actually PLAYED thief it becomes very obvious when a thief is going to steal. Have you ever even played a fighter game like super smash or street fighter? Being competitive is like 20 percent reactions and 80 percent prediction. .

Yup. A good thief will predict your predicted dodge, and wait, baiting it out. So that leave you to predict his prediction, to which he’ll predict your prediction, and that prediction will need to be predicted.

It’s that simple!

You know you’re a true pro when you predict the 1200 range insta teleport steal coming from behind LoS while stealthed. Just got to play thief, you’ll see how easy it is!

Rofl

+1.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They dont have to dodge all the burst anymore. Bandits defense will stun break/block/ and cc the enemy on 12 second CD plenty of time to reset and 12 seconds later ruin another cc combo.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

You are threatening his ability to participate with the rest of the playerbase after all.

…of course he is going to get defensive.

Typical crutch build user, starts going all “gollum” and starts crying out for their “precious” when u say anything about nerfing op specs which they use…

Don’t try and take it from them…. it could get ugly, lol.

Haha try again I haven’t played thief in PvP regularly since before seasons, l2p.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

Highest burst, pls? Backstab does like 4k or 5k on average in PvP. Meanwhile I can get on scrapper with no ferocity and get the same damage using hammer 2 lol.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

It’s that simple!

You know you’re a true pro when you predict the 1200 range insta teleport steal coming from behind LoS while stealthed. Just got to play thief, you’ll see how easy it is!

Rofl

Show us your pro ESL level thief gameplay? I mean it’s so easy and unfair right? I’m sure you can pick it up and post a video today.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

+baseless insults
= average thief player.

It’s that simple!

Rofl

And now you have a boon strip, daze on cooldown, and could even be feared due to a passive proc and the only really reliable interrupt to earth overload on cooldown.

People talk about specs and builds but there’s another thing that is overlooked: psychologies. If two people are equally skilled then psychological rock paper scissors could come into play and our psychological makeup determines our style/approach. Someone that’s a pusher (overextends and sometimes play like they’re winning even if they’re on equal footing in the matchup) could seem oppressive to a waiter/reactionary (someone who prefers playing black in chess or charge characters because they want to see what the opponent does first before committing) assuming they open with the correct decision but a waiter could shut down another style. You have small stable advantages and also watch for tiny windows to turn the table (tactical sense), you can play mind games or be a technician. Some classes may be good for some people but not others due to their general psychological makeup, which influences their values and approaches as gamers. Most people run metabuilds, so that means most will assume you have that build unless perhaps you’re running an unusual weapon set. You will be approached like you have the weaknesses of that metabuild, but you don’t have those traits and utilities, you have something else and that could leave them in an awkward situation.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/the-attackers

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/the-turtles