From big names to 6 rangers

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Alright, first things first; no, I do not deem Power Rangers OP… Yes? Then let’s go;

The previous couple of weeks, I have been going YoloQing Ranked, because to hell with some maps, and I have the weirdest experience, leading to me being utterly frustrated…

I have been playing off and on with names I recognize, for those on the EU, these are teams like Exaltion, Pizza with Nutella, ASDF and I am fairly certain I got nuked by some players from 55…
I am not the best player, let me clear this out, and me being teamed up or against them can literally lead to tragic games (for instance, I have one where I kept being farmed, since they realized I was a weak link)

But for the love of the 6 Gods why, why is it that I also get teamed up with and against people who die to Svanir? With people who like to play Daily vs Daily, and now this best bloody thing; A match with 6(!) Rangers!

No, the fun stops… I want to play PvP, a gamemode that is challenging and fun to do, since you can try to get your combat experience higher and higher (Because, what else is there to do in PvP?), but having these matches who can be best described as a random mess filled with aggrovating events, I can honestly say that my enjoyment just drains away…

Make fun of me, make fun of my MMR, say what you bloody need to say, but this is not fun at all! The differene between me going Solo and me teaming up with guildies is huge – where you actually see matches played, and not some heroes who want their daily APs

Of course, there would need to be a bottom line;

• Get rid of those kitten ed dailies, they screw with your system more than you realize (or make it so that you can only get them in Hotjoin or w/e)
  • Get your MMR straight – it is no fun telling the guys from your team that you are not as good, and realizing that they pretty much babysit you as you get stalked by hungry top players realizing they got an easy prey… As the flipside; it is no fun either to explain every single match that you should skip Svanir rather than dying to it

/rant over

Minor note; I do sometimes play in unranked with either half a group or with my Girlfriend – I am not going into detail with those since I really don’t care much about it (sorry to those who like unranked)

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/What-makes-you-log-out-for-the-day/first#post4828297

same kitten happens to me daily I stopped Qing solo

I REFUSE to to play this game with morons – for some reason they think they should be playing ranked instead of practice or unranked which blows my mind

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

the swings in matchmaking appear pretty large lately, you go from big names to total rookies i totally feel the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Ranger daily is quite possibly the worst day to queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

I think the whole matchmaking system should be removed and the only way to enter a game should be the same as for dungeons/fractals. That would eliminate absurd team comps that the random queueing gives you. Would let you check the skill level of the guy you invite to your team (at least to a certain extent).

Now almost all games are predetermined due to differing skill levels. Today I’ve won one 500-80 and lost an other one 110-500. Me AFKing or actively participating wouldnt have changed a thing in neither case. Thats what is called lack of competition. So 70% of my games I’m at the mercy of RNG gods, and maybe in the remaining 30% I can feel like acutally making a change to the course of the match.

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

if i have 2-3 minute Q-times most of the time the player i get matched with are ok, but 7-8 minute Q-time and i know before the match start …well its kitten. i feel your pain GoogleBrandon ^^

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Well “Good” to know I am not the only one… I would almost say something like “Hey, hit me up so we can avoid pugs and blowouts” – but I am mostly SoloQing because I just feel like doing some “quick matches” =/

Of which these Quick Matches are now just Hotjoin 2.0, only with slightly more annoyance since you expect at least some decency in Ranked…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Six rangers in one match! I can almost hear the whistling of arrows. Almost see the rapid fires and barrages blotting out the sun. Must have been almost as epic as battles from the Lord of the Rings movies.
Perhaps we need mounts in pvp to have a glorious charge and run them down.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

if i have 2-3 minute Q-times most of the time the player i get matched with are ok, but 7-8 minute Q-time and i know before the match start …well its kitten. i feel your pain GoogleBrandon ^^

this MMR was made for reducing the queue time, but now 3 mins of queue is to long
i remember time when i soloq or teamq and after 30 sec i join in soloq and 20 sec to form a team and after that 20sec max to join in teamq

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

anet should add in a feature where if a persons mmr is greater than 50% and they queue for unranked, it dumps them in rank instead..