GW1 has the pvp answers

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Usually when there’s a problem in the game I often reflect back to my decade of playing gw1 because it was a fantastic game and often solves a lot of issues that we currently face.

People keep asking for solo que and team ques to be different as it definitely creates a strong unfair advantage for the premade team, as they can pre-plan team comps, switch classes if needed, and coordinate on mics. Now I heard that full premade teams won’t vs pugs (not sure what is true anymore with all the confusion and misinformation currently out there) But if it is true I also heard you can still have a duo or maybe a team just not a full team to vs a full pug team. Which still creates a huge unfair advantage.

Now I know its a different game, different beast, different codes, programming etc. But in pvp it had Random Arena and Team Arena and both had separate but equal gladiator titles. That way you never had a pug vs a team. They were 2 different game types and people enjoyed both of them for different reasons.

Besides the whole solo que vs team que, gw1 also had other options to add interest to pvp that gw2 doesn’t come close to. It had for starters guild vs guild battles! (hence the name guild wars…lol), heroes arena (elite high end pvp for rank emotes and prestige), random arena, solo arena, Alliance Battles (casual friendly pvp), Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry pvp matches (unique pvp games also pretty casual and fun) Granted AB, FA, and JQ weren’t released till factions (the 2nd expansion) It still had a ton of options for pvp, which added a ton of interest for pvp. And with casual friendly pvp games it was a good place for pve’ers and new players to learn and actually enjoy.

Compare that to what we currently have which is just ranked, unranked, and wvw. Even unranked while casual friendly doesn’t compare to the casual gw1 pvp games b/c they were different. Something unique. Since ranked and unranked are the same it would eventually get boring for a casual who only has a mild interest.

Since this is the 2nd expansion I think its about time we have solo ques and team ques, maybe some new pvp game types for casual fun and for high end gamers, and of course add some GUILD WARS to guild wars 2. This will create a lot more interest than trying to make it an esport ever will.

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

Look i played Gw1 arena and pve one thing that different in pvp from Gw2 is the dmg type and low health over there.No matter the skills names: Posion,Bleeding they where simple over there.The DMG type skills all there would add -5 or -10 health points in second you would lose up to 20 or more you would just health lost.That is the difference and Healer used to give you or any heals +5 to +15 or more points to regenerate to keep you from death. System was simple easy to work on now in GW2 we have poison and huge amount of periodic stuff.Balancing those is never going to work.Even if it does again Human factor cannot be put under calculation.Because combing classes skills and trait as team.Timing all to the full as team you will reach point of a fight when both sides will not be able to kill each other.

Just putting the example here what it looks like not taking any dmg:
https://youtu.be/K6YLdkGSmyI

And it will last until time runs out in a arena fight.I think somebody pointed that in past out its buried deep in the forums.Then in GW1 the Arena was more Gladiator like you had Resurrection but most would not use.Rather out of sportsmanship way back in day people would not take those into arena pvp and play last man standing.Like true Gladiator fights old players demanded since day 1 in Gw2 that downed state should be removed and never got removed.There is loot to discussion about it and was more
intensively argued in past but players just moved on form the game.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Look i played Gw1 arena and pve one thing that different in pvp from Gw2 is the dmg type and low health over there.No matter the skills names: Posion,Bleeding they where simple over there.The DMG type skills all there would add -5 or -10 health points in second you would lose up to 20 or more you would just health lost.That is the difference and Healer used to give you or any heals +5 to +15 or more points to regenerate to keep you from death. System was simple easy to work on now in GW2 we have poison and huge amount of periodic stuff.Balancing those is never going to work.Even if it does again Human factor cannot be put under calculation.Because combing classes skills and trait as team.Timing all to the full as team you will reach point of a fight when both sides will not be able to kill each other.

Just putting the example here what it looks like not taking any dmg:
https://youtu.be/K6YLdkGSmyI

And it will last until time runs out in a arena fight.I think somebody pointed that in past out its buried deep in the forums.Then in GW1 the Arena was more Gladiator like you had Resurrection but most would not use.Rather out of sportsmanship way back in day people would not take those into arena pvp and play last man standing.Like true Gladiator fights old players demanded since day 1 in Gw2 that downed state should be removed and never got removed.There is loot to discussion about it and was more
intensively argued in past but players just moved on form the game.

Simple? If anything it was much more advanced. True you couldn’t jump or dodge roll but you had dual classes, literally hundreds of skills to chose from thus diversity. Now all you have is just 1 meta build per class that’s viable. Also not sure what most of your post is even talking about or addressing to my post? What does any of that have to do with team ques vs solo ques?

If you look at the forums I’m not alone. Almost every thread has people begging for solo que and team que to be split. (they can argue that would create longer que times if they want, but if they did more stuff to add interest to pvp that would solve that issue too)

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

The Issue with MM is this i pointed out while ago.GW2 has low player base the post i posted in got deleted from Moderators and people reported it for Reason wanting to start flame wars. When Gw2 went live it had over 100+ servers to pick from.What about now?You have 51 servers,what does that say?Even if you multiply that with 4000 players capacity on them it end up around 200k players online supporting. Their decition to go f2p is same like any other gaming company did:Starwars,Warhammer online,you pick name it.Always when player decline droped under 300k-200k users game goes f2p. So the MM works how it work but gives bad feeling for the EU players cause EU player base even the most popular games consists of 70k-25k players active durring weekend.While Asian or USA servers have 5 times the size of EU players.Europe was and always will be low populated in any games.Back to GW2 most bas expirience players have with MM now is cause LOW population in gw2 if they would change anything around it game will feel empty.

To stoned now to write the rest. ^^

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

When Gw2 went live it had over 100+ servers to pick from.What about now?You have 51 servers,what does that say?

If you’re referring to WvW servers, it’s the same amount today as they had at launch.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yea gw1 pvp and even the pve part of it to were the best I’ve ever played. That’s why I really can’t enjoy any other games, I’ve been spoiled by the epic amazingness of gw1 since it was my first game, no other game compares to it. So I guess I’m ruined for games unless some one comes out with something similar to gw1, or gw1 comes back to life and with new things like expansions and stuff (and or something similar to Pirates of the Caribbean which had some really nice fishing and fun ocean battles & nice pirate attire)

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Not being able to join with one or a a few friends like it was in GW1 is not up-to-date. In gw1 you joined alone or 5. Come on.

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i would love to see a resurgence of fort aspenwood, jade quarry, and alliance battle like modes. fort aspenwood was my favorite.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Guild Wars 1 PvP had no answer. I don’t know why some people consider GW1 monk arena and cheese arena… errm, I mean random arena and team arena to have had superior mechanics compared to GW2 PvP. Maybe it’s nostalgia, or maybe they were at the more fortunate end of things, or maybe they just don’t remember very well.

First, there were no way for a team of 2 or 3 to participate in any structured PvP worth mentioning unless they looked for pugs, played one match, disbanded, looked for more pugs, played another, disbanded, and rinse and repeat. Random Arena, you sometimes had to lose several matches in a row until you either quit out of frustration, or ended up in a team worthy of getting 10 win streaks!

Second, PvP is not just for the “gud”! The self-proclaimed pros and the like. GW1’s PvP certainly offered very little for the more laid back and not-so-gud. FA and JQ? They were jokes. GW2 match making, as flawed as it is, offers much more for that category of players.

The only PvP in GW1 that I miss, was GvG.

In GW2, Anet did separate solo and team PvP at some point. It certainly didn’t work very well.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

GW1 has the pvp answers

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Guild Wars 1 PvP had no answer. I don’t know why some people consider GW1 monk arena and cheese arena… errm, I mean random arena and team arena to have had superior mechanics compared to GW2 PvP. Maybe it’s nostalgia, or maybe they were at the more fortunate end of things, or maybe they just don’t remember very well.

First, there were no way for a team of 2 or 3 to participate in any structured PvP worth mentioning unless they looked for pugs, played one match, disbanded, looked for more pugs, played another, disbanded, and rinse and repeat. Random Arena, you sometimes had to lose several matches in a row until you either quit out of frustration, or ended up in a team worthy of getting 10 win streaks!

Second, PvP is not just for the “gud”! The self-proclaimed pros and the like. GW1’s PvP certainly offered very little for the more laid back and not-so-gud. FA and JQ? They were jokes. GW2 match making, as flawed as it is, offers much more for that category of players.

The only PvP in GW1 that I miss, was GvG.

In GW2, Anet did separate solo and team PvP at some point. It certainly didn’t work very well.

Hey I love playing my monks (I have 3 of them), and I find gw1 pvp way more easy for beginners/casuals( didn’t you even read the many threads written by new players who tried pvp in gw2 then gave up after like 1 or 2 matches becuz it was soo difficult and confusing…) than gw2 pvp where everyone runs in and dies in less than a second and don’t even know what happened and just left laying there saying wtf. And I think the requiring you to make a full team if you wanna play as a team with people & solo players vs only solo players game modes is wayy better than this system we have in gw2 where premade teams face solo pug teams and just slaughter the heck out of the pugs repeatedly. And the putting full teams of good players against full teams of bad players with the matchmaking system we have in gw2 is the sillyest thing I’ve ever seen ( I’m sure if everyone knew how our matchmaking works more people would be inclined to stop trying, but most people don’t read forums and things so they don’t know that they are being set up to lose and therefore keep being farming material for everyone else to gain pips off of) Yea gw2 pvp is like shooting fish in a barrel…such fun much competition.

Attachments:

(edited by Ellie.5913)