Grenades, Y can you still toss at feet?

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Grenades are pretty good. I heard some engis use grenade kit…
Grenades should have a minimum range, so we can see what nades are worth dodging..
..Grenadier: Increases your throw velocity of grenades by 100%…..Nvm that was a better adjustment.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

the devs have shown a massive bias towards engineer for a while now, and it’s obnoxious each time we get a taste of that bias.

by far one of the stupidest mechanics engineer has had is the ability to spam nades at their feet pretty mindlessly for practically instant (uncounterable) AoE conditions/damage. worst part has been how ridiculously well this worked with incendiary powder since each nade could proc it, and while i’m happy to see poison nades get a deserved nerf as well as incen powder getting moved, that alone isn’t enough.

i predict there’s gonna be more things about engie that are gonna be broken after the 23rd changes (this is probably gonna be true of all professions to varying degrees) but i’m gonna have to see it in action to have a meaningful opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: speedbox.1473

speedbox.1473

The engi has seen so many changes cuz most of their stuff was useless , now is on par with most classes .

in PvP

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

the devs have shown a massive bias towards engineer for a while now, and it’s obnoxious each time we get a taste of that bias.

by far one of the stupidest mechanics engineer has had is the ability to spam nades at their feet pretty mindlessly for practically instant (uncounterable) AoE conditions/damage. worst part has been how ridiculously well this worked with incendiary powder since each nade could proc it, and while i’m happy to see poison nades get a deserved nerf as well as incen powder getting moved, that alone isn’t enough.

i predict there’s gonna be more things about engie that are gonna be broken after the 23rd changes (this is probably gonna be true of all professions to varying degrees) but i’m gonna have to see it in action to have a meaningful opinion.

That’s because engis kept getting nerfed for no reason for the first couple of months of the game’s launch. Hell I mean kit refinement was pretty good, then 100 nades came along, everyone saw that and then Anet saw it and went “wow that’s really strong… a bit too strong” and then they nerfed it into the ground. Now that no one uses it they’re forcing us to use it by slamming it with speedy kits and also nerfing speedkits at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

That’s because engis kept getting nerfed for no reason for the first couple of months of the game’s launch. Hell I mean kit refinement was pretty good, then 100 nades came along, everyone saw that and then Anet saw it and went “wow that’s really strong… a bit too strong” and then they nerfed it into the ground. Now that no one uses it they’re forcing us to use it by slamming it with speedy kits and also nerfing speedkits at the same time.

ow please not even ranger is as braindead as an engi is… seriously engi is the most braindead and brokenly overpowered class for god knows how long

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hahhahahahahh this thread. WOW!

Darksteel still complaining about engi is classic too. Boy was he vocal about turrets. Now its engi in general.

Grenades are good, I will give you that, but its not broken and you have tons of options to avoid it “at their feet”.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Darksteel still complaining about engi is classic too. Boy was he vocal about turrets. Now its engi in general.

Grenades are good, I will give you that, but its not broken and you have tons of options to avoid it “at their feet”.

You have literally 0 options. There isn’t one single thing you can do when a grenade engie targets at their feet to tell the difference between autoattacks and skills 2-5 before you get hit. Stop spitting out bullkitten.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

You have literally 0 options. There isn’t one single thing you can do when a grenade engie targets at their feet to tell the difference between autoattacks and skills 2-5 before you get hit. Stop spitting out bullkitten.

Before anyone tries the “well don’t fight at their feet then” response, this is the PvP subforum. In GW2, PvP is conquest, and conquest is standing on circles. Until that changes, you do, in fact, have to stand at their feet in order to win, and thus you have to get hit by a bunch of attacks with zero tells.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Play SMARTER. That is all.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i am just curious how long they gonna buff engis for wrong reasons~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Sigh, so less dodging is a buff?
Less condition damage is a buff?

We got more power damage, sure, but these have specific conditions like above 90% HP and for amount of conditions on opponents.
We got more support potential, but are you really going to whine about that?

All classes got buffed in many ways and nerfed in others.
For one we CAN NOT comment on these things until they are out and tested.
Two, people tend to see only the buffs their most hated class(yes, you hate engis, you have made that VERY clear with your post history) received.
The vigor and invigorating speed/speedy kits changes is a MASSIVE nerf.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Sigh, so less dodging is a buff?
Less condition damage is a buff?

We got more power damage, sure, but these have specific conditions like above 90% HP and for amount of conditions on opponents.
We got more support potential, but are you really going to whine about that?

All classes got buffed in many ways and nerfed in others.
For one we CAN NOT comment on these things until they are out and tested.
Two, people tend to see only the buffs their most hated class(yes, you hate engis, you have made that VERY clear with your post history) received.
The vigor and invigorating speed/speedy kits changes is a MASSIVE nerf.

Vigor affects all classes…. so in sum it is hardly engi nerf, in fact classes relying on dodge (see thieves, mesmers, eles to extend) got hit more by that change than engis imo~

Define less condi dmg? You got IP which is old dhumfire on steroids~

Speedy kits got reverted as far as i know~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Pretty sure engi nerf is against their corporate policy

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Vigor affects all classes…. so in sum it is hardly engi nerf, in fact classes relying on dodge (see thieves, mesmers, eles to extend) got hit more by that change than engis imo~

Define less condi dmg? You got IP which is old dhumfire on steroids~

Speedy kits got reverted as far as i know~

See you don’t understand Engi, root of the problem with most people.

Let me explain.

Changes to Vigor effects all classes however engis access to is has been nerfed.

Invigorating speed and speedy kits is the best source for vigor on engis, when you GAIN swiftness, you gain vigor.

Speedy kit(after patch streamlined kits) now applies 10secs of swiftness every 10secs on kit swap.
The new one applies 20secs of swiftness every 20 secs on kit swap.
So in effect you can apply 5 seconds of vigor every 10 seconds to yourself on kit swap, this was increased by 20% boon duration in the alchemy line as almost every build ran at least 4 points into it and could be boosted to 30% boon duration if you went deeper into alchemy
With the new changes you can apply 6 seconds of vigor every 20 seconds + 20% duration with the minor trait Alchemical Tinctures.

So prepatch you get around 6ish seconds of vigor every 10 seconds.
Post patch it will be 7ish seconds of vigor every 20 seconds.

That is going from ~60% vigor uptime to ~35% uptime, almost half as effective.

In short, swiftness won’t be applied as often and thus vigor won’t be applied as often.

Now for IP.
With the condi changes if you are not investing in condition damage you are not dealing near as much damage as before, i think they said you need 700 to be as effective as you would have been on BASELINE burning damage when you compare 1 stack vs 1 stack.
The new IP applies 1 stack of 4sec burning every 10secs.
The trait also is moved to a grandmaster competing with a much better options for cele engis, modified ammunition and juggernaut, which are both better traits all considered.

Now with all this in mind, do you still think Engis are getting only buffs?

(edited by Novuake.2691)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

News flash, vigor traits got nerfed for other classes as well and they rely on dodges more than engis do.
Getting 700 condi dmg, even with celestial amy is not THAT hard, might stacks say hi. Inb4 you will try to tell me that engis can’t get might stacks.
Weither you take IP or not is your choice, doesn’t change the fact it procs from any fart engi makes, doesn’t have indicator and does high dmg.

I didn’t say engis get only buffs but they do get buffs where they didn’t need them for wrong reasons (class unpopularity). I dare you to claim that engis are/won’t be too strong (compare rangers, necros).

Oh and the biggest bs was that dev running to QQing engis 2 days after preview to inform them that speedy kits change got reverted. Good thing that other classes that had way worse issues than lack of access to perma swiftness got ignored for years~

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Novuake.2691

News flash, vigor traits got nerfed for other classes as well and they rely on dodges more than engis do.
Getting 700 condi dmg, even with celestial amy is not THAT hard, might stacks say hi. Inb4 you will try to tell me that engis can’t get might stacks.
Weither you take IP or not is your choice, doesn’t change the fact it procs from any fart engi makes and does high dmg.

I didn’t say engis get only buffs but they do get buffs where they didn’t need them for wrong reasons (class unpopularity). I dare you to claim that engis are/won’t be too strong (compare rangers, necros).

Oh and the biggest bs was that dev running to QQing engis 2 days after preview to inform them that speedy kits change got reverted. Good thing that other classes that had way worse issues than lack of access to perma swiftness got ignored for years~

There clearly is no reasoning with you.
Cheers.

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I made this thread to talk about grenade kit.

All engineers run grenade kit. If not you should.
Being able to spam your feet with GRENADES has little counter play. Not to mention your throwing hundreds of GRENADES at your feet.

The fact that this doesn’t sound ridiculous to everyone makes me cringe a bit. Its like someone trying to defend Scientology. Its weird and doesn’t make sense, stop it. what are you doing?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Grenades should have a fuse…like actual grenades, they should hit the ground, cause a red circle, and detonate a few seconds later, like enhanced throwable traps.

Maybe give them a bounce or 2 so people have to think about how they are throwing them rather than point-click-win

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Why not Y

/charrs

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Grenades should have a fuse…like actual grenades, they should hit the ground, cause a red circle, and detonate a few seconds later, like enhanced throwable traps.

Maybe give them a bounce or 2 so people have to think about how they are throwing them rather than point-click-win

I think taking the current max distance travel time and making it always take that long to explode, regardless of distance, would be a good idea.

Another one would be to give the grenade a noticeable flash of the appropriate color for all the non-auto grenades, starting at the start of cast.
That would give it a tell and make it so that if you had a specific attack you wanted to dodge, you could do it.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Did someone say “counterplay”? Did you realize this is the forum for gw2: where big effects have no tell and your logic doesn’t matter?