Hey Evan, since you're posting today...

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Could you comment on any of these well thought out requests for improvements?

• Better visibility into upcoming balance changes.
  • A Public Test Server where the community can experiment with proposed changes and provide early and informed feedback
  • Corrective minor balance patches in the days/weeks after the quarterly big balance patches to make things better going into each PVP Season.
  • Clarity of vision for the various classes (what their role might be in pvp) and what balance might mean for each class
  • Mechanism to fix a 4v5 (due to dc or quit) in the 90 seconds prior to match start

Lastly, it seems like some of the announced changes for the quarterly balance patch are knee jerk and over the top, likely killing Mesmer in PVP for the next season. Can you comment on how you guys determine the overall impact of many different but interlocking changes (soldier/sentinel amulet removal, removing quickness from rez/stomp, well of precog nerf, alacrity nerf, and significant buffs to thieves) on a class like mesmer? Because many of us who are in the top tiers of pvp think that instead of simply bringing mesmer back into balance you’re destroying it outright with this balance patch. Do you remember the days before June 23 when a mesmer was essentially a free kill for a thief assuming similar skill level?

in PvP

Posted by: gacob.1759

gacob.1759

A Public Test Server sounds good..

Gacob – Main necromancer.
First Season PvP – Diamond II.
Second Season PvP – Diamond by now.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I have an idea.. I think I’ll write to the sponsors and partners and ask THEM why the balance team keeps making such bizzare decisions.

Care to comment on ANET’s apparent hatred of Mesmer?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Care to comment on ANET’s apparent hatred of Mesmer?
Maybe the fact that memer was op as hell…

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

A PTS would help this game out so much, and allow them to make informed decisions while giving the players what they want in having a say in what is put out and to help QC any changes Anet makes, since their biggest issue is not having the man power to properly test or QC their own work.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I return to you what has been said to me over the past three years that Mesmer has been UP. “Learn to play.”

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

I return to you what has been said to me over the past three years that Mesmer has been UP. “Learn to play.”

Here’s word from a thief stop complaining about nerfs cus you dont know kitten about getting burst combo’s nerfed by 80 %

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

My first main was a thief and I still play it regularly.

Mesmerising Girl