Posted by: Deathkiller.8473

Deathkiller.8473

it isn´t because it´s really easy to block or dodge it

Hundred Blades overpowered?

in PvP

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Nice vid.

Also, In after shameless self promotion.

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

That’s pretty insane

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Anet is not going to nerf warriors…and we all know why. So just learn to deal with this…it’s not hard anyway..

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

And now every noob will try this and scream on forums how HB is op. The only op here is the frenzy, without that hb is a useless, slow crap and the only real dmg option in gs… Oh and u need to combine it with a second utility skill, bulls charge…

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i hate this argument.
no skill should be a one shot. period.
yes you can dodge it but that does’nt change the fact that while other skills are doing a couple of 1000 dmg (they can also be dodged), this one is hitting for 15k+.
combine with bullrush and frenzy and you’re dead before you can react.
this is not balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Quickness is the gamebreaker imo, not HB.

in PvP

Deathkiller.8473

i hate this argument.
no skill should be a one shot. period.
yes you can dodge it but that does’nt change the fact that while other skills are doing a couple of 1000 dmg (they can also be dodged), this one is hitting for 15k+.
combine with bullrush and frenzy and you’re dead before you can react.
this is not balanced.

oh god stop crying here go play GS warrior learn how to play it and then you can beat almost every GS warr and it´s not oneshot maybe you are just noob

(edited by Deathkiller.8473)

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Its easier to dodge pistolwhip (you dont even need to dodge roll, just walk out due to long starting animation) and backstab, yet they got nerfed

in PvP

Posted by: Wooyadeen.6491

Wooyadeen.6491

Its easier to dodge pistolwhip (you dont even need to dodge roll, just walk out due to long starting animation) and backstab, yet they got nerfed

Ok so, if i understand you:
“it’s easier to dodge the attack of invisible opponent (attack that can not be seen or even predicted). On the other hand its impossible to dodge attack from rooted opponent (that opponent can not move, and in addition, he take 50% more dmg)”

Well, as many times read, it sounds more stupid to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

As I said HB isnt overpowered whats OP is haste………….they should remove haste from the game and from all classes they have it.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

People crying about quickness when teleport stun breaks are more broken.

/Huehuehue.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

No, but Quickness is.

And it’s not like we haven’t being saying this for months now.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

go play GS warrior learn how to play it

there is no learning.
hit bullrush, hit “FgJ!”, hit frenzy, hit HB.
your whole justification for HB not being OP is that there is a dodge mechanic in the game, this is such flawed logic.
the fact that the game has a dodge mechanic does’nt justify one skill dealing well over fifteen thousand damage while all other skills deal a couple of thousand.
its not crying, it’s not QQ, it’s just pointing out a transparent imbalance.

in PvP

Deathkiller.8473

go play GS warrior learn how to play it

there is no learning.
hit bullrush, hit “FgJ!”, hit frenzy, hit HB.
your whole justification for HB not being OP is that there is a dodge mechanic in the game, this is such flawed logic.
the fact that the game has a dodge mechanic does’nt justify one skill dealing well over fifteen thousand damage while all other skills deal a couple of thousand.
its not crying, it’s not QQ, it’s just pointing out a transparent imbalance.

ok again HB is slow kitten that needs time to deal some damage if you are dumbkitten and you don´t even want to learn how GS warrior works unninstal GW2 and go play metin or wow

in PvP

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

That’s true, but the only viable build for a Warrior in sPvP relies on Frenzy. Not even being a drama queen, there’s just nothing else.

If this build is to be nerfed, a lot of rebalancing needs to be done to at least make another viable build appear.

The build itself is cheesy and pretty much borderline OP. You can dodge it or use a stunbreaker, but you’re pretty much done for if those are on cooldown. And the Warrior is done for if he uses it and his target evades and retaliates. Shadowstep – Steal+CnD+BS on Frenzy Warrior results in some hilarity.

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

I Find it to be a little overpowered…

Yes, it is in fact overpowered against players who have no idea what they’re doing. Try to do that in paid tournies.

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Standard response:
1. Quickness is more the issue here, not HB. HB on its own is FAR too slow to ever land all of its hits on a player that isn’t just sitting in place letting it happen.
2. Pistol whip is more for the utility than the damage – unlike HB, it alone can stun-lock a person in place if the thief uses Quickness (again, Quickness causes so many problems here).
3. Unlike the other Quickness abilities, Frenzy makes the warrior take 50% more damage (the thief version only takes away endurance and the ranger version only removes the ability to heal during the duration). If anyone at all is attacking the warrior, they’re guaranteed to die.
4. Setting up HB requires a minimum of two utilities: Bola or Bull rush + Frenzy. If the warrior is attacking you with HB and Frenzy he is basically guaranteed to be down two utilities, which is a HUGE downside (again, unlike Pistol Whip, which really only needs Quickness and doesn’t suffer a 50% increased damage taken penalty). And BOTH of those utilities are easy to spot if you’re paying any attention at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Standard response:

3. Unlike the other Quickness abilities, Frenzy makes the warrior take 50% more damage (the thief version only takes away endurance and the ranger version only removes the ability to heal during the duration). If anyone at all is attacking the warrior, they’re guaranteed to die.

Endure Pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Oreoz.9521

Oreoz.9521

The thing about hundred blades is that it needs to be used in tandom with a immobalize, stun, or a knockdown. If its not used with those skills or is used by itself it is easy to dodge as when the warrior tries to move the skill ends.

It doesnt need a nerf and isnt a problem in 5v5 maps. In 8v8 you have alot more casual players and its easier to get cought by hundred blades but that doesnt mean it needs a nerf.

As a rule i usually avoid largescale fights in PvP as you can get hit by a ton of things.

in PvP

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

To echo what people have said and what I always say: Quickness need the change. Not a removal like people advocate too often but merely a change.

Reduced speedbuff (and potential changes to duration) along with steeper penalties to make the risk/reward choice stressed. For instance, endurance lost and inability to stealth for thieves, potentially steep damage penalties for warriors, etc.

I’d have to sit down and really hash it out and the above are just ideas and by no means anything I’m advocating without due consideration but that’d be the general idea. Adjustment, not removal.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

Stop qqing about HB newbs, qq about the kitten thiefs. The ridiculous bs and even worse bleed spammer thiefs! this is the problem here not the warrior who spend his all utility bar to land 1 ability.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Endure Pain.

So, you are willing to spend all of your three utility skills just to try to kill someone?
Stun break + dodge and GG, the warrior just spent his Frenzy for nothing.
And imo, quickness is fine. The only “problem” with quickness is the mesmer elite, but that’s not a quickness problem itself, but the duration on the elite.

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Stop qqing about HB newbs, qq about the kitten thiefs. The ridiculous bs and even worse bleed spammer thiefs! this is the problem here not the warrior who spend his all utility bar to land 1 ability.

Yeah coz a backstab thief doesn’t have to blow cooldowns to do the combo. >.> Atleast a warrior still has its Elite and profession skill available.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Nerf demanding Masses in a BS thread: “At least with HB you can see Bullrush coming and dodge it”
Nerf demanding Masses in a HB thread: “OMG bullrush + HB is OP! Dodging does nothing! Nerf Nao!”

I swear these people want to play without having to think.
>_>

@lDarko: Just pointing out, BS combo always blows 1-3 cooldowns. Mug, Assassin’s Signet and Basalisk Venom.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

(edited by Dual.8953)

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

That’s true, but the only viable build for a Warrior in sPvP relies on Frenzy. Not even being a drama queen, there’s just nothing else.

If this build is to be nerfed, a lot of rebalancing needs to be done to at least make another viable build appear.

The build itself is cheesy and pretty much borderline OP. You can dodge it or use a stunbreaker, but you’re pretty much done for if those are on cooldown. And the Warrior is done for if he uses it and his target evades and retaliates. Shadowstep – Steal+CnD+BS on Frenzy Warrior results in some hilarity.

What the hell are you posters smoking that say this!?

Frenzy 100B is one of the MANY viable weapon sets/specs for a warrior. Quit this woe is me crap, the warrior is the most polished class in the game. I haven’t used a greatsword on my warrior in forever. Axe/shield and rifle is amazing, axe mace and hammer is as well. Warrior is extremely versatile, but people just like trying to he pity. Oh my class is so broken all I can do is insta-gib people with one weapon set. -I feel so bad for you considering some classes can’t even do 5k damage in one attack /S.

If you think frenzy 100B is the only viable way to play the warrior then you must be completely lost and can’t design a spec for yourself.

Here all use an analogy us warriors can understand. When people cry about 100B being op, the warrior community says “Learn to counter if, it’s not hard, people just like to QQ instead of trying to learn ways to beat it.” Apply it to “Warriors only viable weapon set is 100B/ frenzy, the class is so terrible and can’t do anything else.” How about instead of QQ’ing about your class you take your own advice and Learn your class, learn different builds and weapon sets.

edelweiss this is not aimed specifically at you just warriors in general.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

I always laugh my kitten off when a glass cannon Warrior H/B my tanky Warrior. Usually my Retaliation and spiked armor proc at the same time, so they just insta gib themselves and I stand back up and stomp them. I’ve been able to take two simultaneous hundred blades and survive. When my team figures out I can tank, they usually clean up the mess after the enemy wastes their burst on me.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Never felt that warriors were a problem.
Quickness is broken and it is obvious to everyone. It is mostly a sure kill skill on a 40s+ cooldown and, most impontant, isn’t available to every profession, which is worse than quickness itself.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Axe/shield and rifle is amazing

In PvE

, axe mace and hammer is as well.

In Dungeons

Warrior is extremely versatile

At being less effective than other classes at specific roles

If you think frenzy 100B is the only viable way to play the warrior then you must be completely lost and can’t design a spec for yourself.

Orrrr people have tried hammers, maces, axes, swords, condi builds, “tanky” builds, banner builds, shout builds… annnnd found that the GS / x builds are the only ones with remote viability at a top competitive pvp level.

Also, lol @ rifle in competitive tpvp.

Ironically I don’t see your name up there on the pvp leaderboard thread ANet dropped (even if it is somewhat faulty), nor a link to your stream where you show your dominance in competitive play vs competent opponents using axe/shield + rifle…

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Axe/shield and rifle is amazing

In PvE

, axe mace and hammer is as well.

In Dungeons

Warrior is extremely versatile

At being less effective than other classes at specific roles

Orrrr people have tried hammers, maces, axes, swords, condi builds, “tanky” builds, banner builds, shout builds… annnnd found that the GS / x builds are the only ones with remote viability at a top competitive pvp level.

Also, lol @ rifle in competitive tpvp.

Ironically I don’t see your name up there on the pvp leaderboard thread ANet dropped (even if it is somewhat faulty), nor a link to your stream where you show your dominance in competitive play vs competent opponents using axe/shield + rifle…

Mate I work full time, go to school full time, and I’m married. If I had time to stream or whatnot I would love to.

I am extremely confident I’m my pvp abilities. I know what works on my warrior and what doesn’t. If you don’t think rifle with penetrating rounds is worth it then I’m sorry you are stuck in the same mindset. You say OTHERS have tried out these weapon sets and builds and so therefore they are bad, have YOU tried them yourself? Try being a leader not a follower. Everyone plays differently, something may work well for you but not so much for me. You are obviously stuck in warrior land, have you even tried any other professions? Half of the professions out there would love to be able to do what a warrior can do.

If you say a warrior can take on any other role but Everyone else can perform those roles better, you obviously haven’t stepped into any other professions. Every single other profession has that complaint. Necros can play power but they will never be a thief and warrior, guardians will never be as good at ranged as a warrior. All of these professions have these complaints, so do you think they are all right and every other class is better than every other class at different roles!? Come on now. Try it out for yourselves instead of taking what the masses say and swearing that the class is worthless in other aspects without using your brain. So many people hear that the warrior is worthless in every other aspect yet they NEVER try it for themselves, they just go around repeating what others have told them swearing its the God’s honest truth.

It’s ridiculous, but mate I don’t have to prove myself to you, I know what I can do and what weapon sets I can use well, it’s not me that’s losing out on believing the masses without testing it yourself. You believe what you want it’s not going to hurt me any ill just keep smiling and killing kitten because this is a game and that’s what I like to do.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Fiesbert.9816

Fiesbert.9816

Hundred Blades is fine, Quickness is the real issue. Like Quickness + anything. Still amazed that the devs didn’t address the +100% attack speed insanity…

Necro autoattack/minion DPS http://tinyurl.com/8wd6lv6
DS battle tank http://tinyurl.com/8dv5q9p

in PvP

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

An ability that can be easily

dodged
interrupted
knock backed

even clickers with their awesome back pedaling…

yea.. not OP at all if you ask me, only if you’re a complete noob.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Mate I work full time, go to school full time, and I’m married. If I had time to stream or whatnot I would love to.

Work full time 60+ hours a week, single parent with full custody and zero help/support. You get no sympathy from me there. It’s also completely irrelevant. Streaming takes no more time than it does to simply play the game if you’re that confident in your ability. It’s not like you have to manually type in the code per second to stream, it just happens once you launch the program.

You say OTHERS have tried out these weapon sets and builds and so therefore they are bad, have YOU tried them yourself?
have you even tried any other professions?
Try it out for yourselves
testing it yourself.

Heh. First thing I did was drop the cash to buy enough character slots to have one of each class at all times.
I have absolutely spent time on each profession, both fiddling with builds myself along with the popular (for a reason) competitive tourney specs out there.

I have built for the rifle both as a primary weapon and a support weapon swap. It’s fun, but far better suited as a swap for W3 skirmishing considering all the ranged combat that takes place there with nigh endless aoe that hoses melee combat the vast majority of the time.

In competitive play however the rifle is crap. Longbow is worse. How many top tier teams are running rifle wars? Yeah…

Selectively ignoring the meta of the competitive scene because you ‘like’ a playstyle or ‘feel’ it works is great, but it’s still ignoring the largest pool of data about viability and balance available.

There’s a reason that IF you see a warrior on a team doing well in tourneys (and remember they were dwelling in ranger land in terms of desirability and representation in the competitive tourney meta) he’s rolling GS + X.

And it’s not from lack of experimentation.

For the record, about other classes killing to do what a warrior does:
Perhaps, however after playing:
engi with his multitude of burst, sustainability/survival, CC’s/control on demand and zero downtime on attack/defense options

d/d ele with the best 1vX AND group play capability period currently, along with the same zero downtime and nigh infinite self sustainability

thief with amazing 1vX capability along with built in sustainable survivability and movement/escape options, along with very capable group utility in rez/stomp security

guardian as silly strong bunker of doom capable of 1vX defense for an almost indefinate period of time

Necro with aoe condi shutdown from hells bowels, and in W3 using wells to decimate groups of players in chokepoints along with bunker capability (btw, necro is probably up there with ele in terms of the most maniacally fun class I’ve played in W3 in terms of badge farming)

And the issue with these classes? Bugs. Not design. Just bugs. Which if the dev team gets around to fixing at some point will even further solidify their capabilities in certain roles on a team.

It’s hard to understand why people are envious of a class which is promoted as a “jack of all trades, master of none” which really comes down to being “able” to perform a role, but being weaker at that specific role than someone else better suited for it. In a competitive meta this is a bad choice for a team slot. You don’t want someone that performs less than someone else at a specific team function.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Quickness 100b doesn’t do anything without a stun/knockdown/immobilize. Quickness pistol whip is only strong because of the stun. There’s another pattern here.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

To make this short compared to other classes. This is about as OP a warrior can get before getting condition and etc to death because its easy to avoid it when you’re looking at the warrior rushing at yeah. It only works if you don’t have anything up to defend against the attack or complete surprise attack.

Be happy warriors don’t have stealth abilities or teleport break stun abilities and if they did. Then I can say warriors are OP because otherwise compared to other classes excluding Rangers by a margin due to their stealth ability. Warriors are the most balance class in the game when it comes to pvp.

Pineapples