I feel embarrassed

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

lol the audacity.

No kitten its a team game its 5 versus friggin 5 and its the worst game mode for soloqueue out of ALL other game modes for several reasons and because you’re dense, i’ll state them for you.

In 3v3 you have much smaller enivornment which also is a lot more balanced most of the time and its much easier to get a premade going and even if you can’t, you’re a lot more important than in 5v5

In 15v15 you cant meet full premade team and its much harder to coordinate with 15 people overall so 1 person can have more impact with some glassy dps

In 5v5 you can’t carry alone because the format is too big but you can still meet premades even in SOLOQ which is UTTERLY HORRIBLE (but i’ll mention that bellow) and the format itself requires to have atleast several people preforming because one can’t do anything (unlike in 3v3) and its much easier for people to coordinate (if they are better) so, unlike 15v15 where a good player would hide behind the chaos against more good players in 5v5 you can’t do that.

You have balls to talkwhen you always sign with 2/3 other friends premade and you go against random people and most of the time they happen to be kitten and even if they arent kitten they happen to be incompatible roles because conqeuest is very stupid mode and you actually need roles even tho GW2’s moto was “NO ROLES” (this game has more roles than any other game).

Then you have the issue that nowadays everybody follows some stupid illusonary meta which doesn’t exist for soloqueue and the builds that became meta were part of a team that required xx role done by xx person.

The meta issue is so funny , in this game there is more chance to get flamed for the build you run (look even you complain about my build) rather than the results you produce. I wont’ get flamed if i play like kitten and i let my cat press the buttons if i run a build from the metabattle site but if i run another build i’ll get flamed even if i play super good and efficient and this isn’t even just me rambling. It has actually happened. In so many games i manage to beat people with my own build and at the end at the game (win or lose) I have some kittentard flaming me because i run GS warrior build, which by the way is way more fun than the kittenty meta build and not only that but its way more efficient. The only reason some people might not see it as such is because they are comparing 2 different roles to each other and they have prejudice and expectations as to what a warrior should do and thats incredibly stupid and narrow minded but thats GW2 for you.

And its funny that you say its a team game when you win with few buddies and zerg me on every point while my trashers cant make up for the fact that you invest 2 people on a different point. And lol at “1v1 while points tick for the enemy” , i don’t do 1v1 while points tick for the enemy if it takes too long , i only do it if the fight isnt going to be too long.

I complain about conditions because they are crap and they make the game system very crappy and imbalanced, they do way too much damage and require way too little effort and everybody and his mom runs condition build. Only real men don’t play with conditions and even me, that despises conditions and the way they are, often end up playing a condi build on some of my chars (like my 2nd warrior with the meta build which i have and play just so i can comapre it to my original build). Engineers and guardians were always OP since release, im not sure why people in this thread talk like they just got OP suddenly and were not always like this.

So bottom lane, 5v5 is team based and in 5v5 mobas/rpgs you need to have atleast somebody else preforming and that isn’t always the case in those games which imo makes 5v5 very dumb. Even LCS players in league have 55% win rate , just like any normal player, simply because SOLOQUEUE for FIVE VERSUS FIVE game is just wrong and you are bound to get kitten teammates at some point who WILL make you lose regardless of how good or efficient you are.
SOLOQUEUE for heavily team reliant game = bad. People bragging / thinking theyre good because of games like this = bad. You can think you are good and brag if you have what for, just not for winning due to xxx circumstance xxx in Leman’s case he signs with a premade and ends up fighting randoms so hes talking about l2p issue ? hilarious. If you lose 1v1 to roamer as a point defender how the hell do you think you are more efficient than him? Roamers are faster and they are at more places than you are and if you lose straight up 1v1 to him you are not more efficient than him even in team fights because roamers tend to have more damage than point defenders so really the only way you can think you do good is if you can hold a point and stall long enough if you’re a bunker to claim you’re better.

hes just mad guise, it wasnt worth reading ><

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Incisorr.
It doesn’t matter if it’s 3v3 or 15v15.
And on top of that your manly condition story.
Just, L2P.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Where do you see all these devs? I’m on a EU french server and I’ve never seen one with the Anet tag.

I see a at least 2 different devs in PvP a week. My friends see even more in WvW (mainly EoTM). Devs seem to like EoTM and most devs, like most players that don’t have tomes go there to lvl fastest to 80. Rangers have been spotted the most but I can’t say for sure that is what most of them main, because no one knows these numbers. Just 2 days ago my firend went into EoTM and said there were 5 devs running with the zerg, 1 war, 1 guard, 3 rangers. 1 ranger & guard not 80 yet.

As Grouch stated, he wants to help the team out and will play whatever he needs to. I have seen him on Engi mostly but I am sure that is mainly because, what team doesn’t need an engi? I have also seen him play other classes. If engi was to ever become basically useless in PvP (shouldn’t due to balance) I am sure Grouch would play another class more often.

Players should want to help the team. Not willing to switch when there is 3 thieves and it’s not the daily, to me blows my mind. Never the less, it happens.

I am sure there are some devs in EU, whether they live there or just play there; but Anet is in the USA, NA see’s them a lot more.

so….all that to say “They’re in NA, that’s where you’ll see them”
____
I’d really like to know what devs if any play on EU servers ^^. would be nice to see them around…

If we get a chance we’ll play there during work hours (EU primetime) but for the most part we play on NA during our free time. Most of us have guilds and friends that we play with, just like you guys! There’s a lot more of us playing than you’d think…we just blend in. (One of us, one of us!)

We do have a handful of EU community managers – like David, Ramon, and Stephanie. I’ve seen Stephanie playing on a FR EU server before in WvW (and then I hunted her down mercilessly).

grouch stop going hj…go ranked xD Never met you there >.<

I generally play in unranked/ranked. My MMR puts me at about the top 5%~, so this may explain why you haven’t seen me around.

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Tyrannosaurus REKT

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

think we’re going 4-0 for me

Can confirm, this is true for the last week.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Where do you see all these devs? I’m on a EU french server and I’ve never seen one with the Anet tag.

I see a at least 2 different devs in PvP a week. My friends see even more in WvW (mainly EoTM). Devs seem to like EoTM and most devs, like most players that don’t have tomes go there to lvl fastest to 80. Rangers have been spotted the most but I can’t say for sure that is what most of them main, because no one knows these numbers. Just 2 days ago my firend went into EoTM and said there were 5 devs running with the zerg, 1 war, 1 guard, 3 rangers. 1 ranger & guard not 80 yet.

As Grouch stated, he wants to help the team out and will play whatever he needs to. I have seen him on Engi mostly but I am sure that is mainly because, what team doesn’t need an engi? I have also seen him play other classes. If engi was to ever become basically useless in PvP (shouldn’t due to balance) I am sure Grouch would play another class more often.

Players should want to help the team. Not willing to switch when there is 3 thieves and it’s not the daily, to me blows my mind. Never the less, it happens.

I am sure there are some devs in EU, whether they live there or just play there; but Anet is in the USA, NA see’s them a lot more.

so….all that to say “They’re in NA, that’s where you’ll see them”
____
I’d really like to know what devs if any play on EU servers ^^. would be nice to see them around…

If we get a chance we’ll play there during work hours (EU primetime) but for the most part we play on NA during our free time. Most of us have guilds and friends that we play with, just like you guys! There’s a lot more of us playing than you’d think…we just blend in. (One of us, one of us!)

We do have a handful of EU community managers – like David, Ramon, and Stephanie. I’ve seen Stephanie playing on a FR EU server before in WvW (and then I hunted her down mercilessly).

grouch stop going hj…go ranked xD Never met you there >.<

I generally play in unranked/ranked. My MMR puts me at about the top 5%~, so this may explain why you haven’t seen me around.

what is top 5%? u.u Considering ladder doesn’t reflect mmr anyway…as we all know xD (I don’t even know where i am on leaderboards myself since i don’t look at lb anymore lel…on first acc ofc, i stopped playing on this one) let alone knowing my or your mmr .__.

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

what is top 5%? u.u

He’s being modest, his MMR is actually in the top 2%.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

what is top 5%? u.u

Guys stop talking about things we can’t see without dev’s supersight

Trolls >_<

Ark 2nd Account

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Sounds like the devs encourage flame wars…

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

what is top 5%? u.u

I’d like to see my MMR more than I would my leaderboard ranking.. (I’m pretty sure most of my points are from losing well..)

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Sounds like the devs encourage flame wars…

Evan made me do it!

Server Programmer (sPvP)

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

wow you wasted a lot of keyboard strokes on leman the truth is he’s really bad too

Hey, bro… bro… why does it hurt soo much?

I wouldn’t say I’m ‘really bad’. I pretty sure my MMR rests in the upper 50% on EU.
Cheers, really bad Leman.

P.S. I’m one of the few necros that actually stick to the profession no matter what and yeah, I get rekt from time to time, because of numerous counters, but still somehow I come out victorious. Do I get carried? I don’t know. If no, then you’re mistaken and just hating. If yes, then I must have some amazing friends I can rely on (shoutouts to Panda!). In both cases though, I’m getting the fullest of my game experience.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

This is like the highest achievement a developer can do on this forum. Props to you!

I feel embarrassed

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Ranger is what I’ve been playing the most lately. Usually survival condi ranger or power lb/gs.

Hi Josh, I’m sorry for jumping on you like that, but considering you are apparently looking at rangers atm… I have been digging rangers lately also, and I am pretty shocked by the state of ranger traits at the moment. I main a mesmer, and while all classes having underpowered or “not very functional” traits -which is fine-, I am baffled by the number of not working, or badly described traits.

It goes from :
- Traits that almost don’t do what they are supposed to do, like Hide In Plain Sight (I edited the wiki myself).
- Traits that actually do things you can’t know by reading them, like Natural Healing who don’t even say it also heals you (!)
- Traits that do not combine with each other, like Compassion Training who actually does not improve the heal from Natural Healing (see above) on the pet
- Traits that do not indicate the impact they have on the skills they are supposed to update, like Commanding Voice

Could the team make a pass on the ranger traits and at least fix the descriptions ?

Thanks in advance