I honestly dont blame the pros

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

After a lot of salt and anger, I can say I honestly don’t blame the pros for “abusing” matchmaking.

The system is the one that is broken. Yes, sure they are taking advantage of that, yes, Im sure they are aware it is hurting their name and the respect they get from the community… but try to put yourself in their situation;

You want to PvP, you made PvP friends who are actually good. You climb the ladder (you need to have certain degree of skills and team communication to do so, admit it). Then you reach the cap and now what? 1 hour queues. No one to fight.

I believe the system we have is at fault, there aren’t enough players for the implemented way that matchmaking works. Anet expect massive hordes of players rushing PvP, which did happen, but they didn’t account for methods that would keep people from frustrating themselves with the system.

Pips and MMR contradict each other. SoloQ is non-existent.

Lets look at how League of Legends started. They appealed to the masses, made it so that you felt you had a chance playing alone. Most people play alone, so it was convenient. I got recruited by a friend who told me my skills would carry me where I belonged. I sucked(and still do) but I always felt the system was fair. Now that their playerbase is large enough, they are doing dynamic queue, which they can support thanks to the large population they built.

Anet can’t do that now, they removed soloQ too early, and they dont have a large enough population to do what they are doing now.

I honestly believe the system wouldn’t be as bad if more people play and there was a larger degree of skills, but there simply arent enough people with the necessary skills to distribute them across different levels of play.

I think Anet was shooting too big, and didnt realize you need to craft a system to fit your population’s skills/perception/quantity. Most games change to different systems once the population starts growing/decreasing.

Here is to hope that Anet learns and we get a better second season. Anet takes a while but they always seem to deliver.

/cheers

/StillSaltyAboutBalanceAndSoloQ

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Anet takes a while but they always seem to deliver.

[citation needed]

in PvP

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Anet takes a while but they always seem to deliver.

[citation needed]

[second request for citation warranted]

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

sure, you can blame ANet for the match system and the league structure, but these pro players abuse a loophole because “there’s no written rules SPECIFICALLY not allowing that” is just as bad.

But then again, with a limited size of the PvP community, and probably losing players than attracting new players due to the current issues, I guess there’s no point to give a crap, from ANet, Pro players down to the casual players. The game mode might be dead in a year, if ANet cant figure out what made DOTA2 and LoL success stories with frequent balance patch and good system and mechanics that cater to casuals and hardcore players.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

sure, you can blame ANet for the match system and the league structure, but these pro players abuse a loophole because “there’s no written rules SPECIFICALLY not allowing that” is just as bad.

But then again, with a limited size of the PvP community, and probably losing players than attracting new players due to the current issues, I guess there’s no point to give a crap, from ANet, Pro players down to the casual players. The game mode might be dead in a year, if ANet cant figure out what made DOTA2 and LoL success stories with frequent balance patch and good system and mechanics that cater to casuals and hardcore players.

you cant blame the pro players for taking advantage of a bad system.

Something to take notice is if you go back to the old solo que leaderboard and look at the guys who all ranked in the top 25 at one point. I know a few and none of them have embraced the PvP league.

When talking to them they all said the same thing. Anet hasnt fixed PvP at all. Still no leaderboard, still cant que outside hotm, still didnt fix MM, balance is gross. Each had there own little things to say but all said why bother basically.

You can still see a few of the ESL players still in emerald division which basically means people really dont care about grind league since it doesnt truly show skill level and without a actual leader board what is even the point? Helseth sat in emerald division while watching people he knows hes better then get to ruby.

Now thats ESPORTS