I tried to love the Victory Screen

in PvP

Posted by: Frdmnky.2754

Frdmnky.2754

I really did, but when I won I left instantly. When I lost, I left instantly but mad. In the old system the match would wind down, the last fights would be decided, and anyone who stuck around could have a post-fight chat. It was like Pillow Talk, but violent.

And I posted about it, and some of you made good points in its defense. Some of you made stupid points in its defense, but I ignored those… But the fact remains that the ‘Victory’ screen just sucks. It doesn’t add anything, it takes a lot away, and it just reminds me that ANet paid someone to do a good job modeling and programming an active step back in the GW2 PvP system instead of literally anything else that would have added to the game. He could have spent that time making the golden fractal weapons suck less or something.

I know I’m not the only one. I have friends who just won’t play PvP anymore, because winning feels empty and losing feels kittenty.

What’s the point? Why did they do this? No one even asked for it, and they didn’t give an explanation I could find for their thinking. Am I missing something, or is this just some executive saying “We need an insulting end-game screen like the other PvP games”?

I hope someone can offer some real game-design insight.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

This is just an example of someone searched desperately for something to complain about. The new screen is great and needed. It makes sense rather than the match just ending and people standing around. If you dont victimise yourself then the screen encourages you if you lose and makes you feel proud if you win.

Seen this same kind of screen in multiple other games and mmos and never seen complaints there. Why should there be a complaint here?

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Victory screen is sooooo great !

It boosted the number of times I can use and see fireworks by a huge amount ! I’ve always loved fireworks in gw, so no complain

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Nah, victory screen is great. We need a bit more flair (like fireworks and stuffs), but it’s good nonetheless.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Starlett.9087

Starlett.9087

Well, i liked the old system when you could play the map few mins after it was over because when i was playing a match and i failed a puzzle jump i punished myself doing it right a few times after the game ends before get out from it

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Fully agree with OP. It just adds frustration (source for toxicity), and nothing else.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

new victory screen encourages bad manners. it should encourage humility in victory and perseverance in defeat, but the stupid dances and fireworks encourage the victors to rub it in and the losers to leave. and now its anet sanctioned, where before corpse jumping and teabagging were only at a players discretion.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

new victory screen encourages bad manners. it should encourage humility in victory and perseverance in defeat, but the stupid dances and fireworks encourage the victors to rub it in and the losers to leave. and now its anet sanctioned, where before corpse jumping and teabagging were only at a players discretion.

Right, Olympics should also remove the award ceremonies to protect the sore losers feeling, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Right, Olympics should also remove the award ceremonies to protect the sore losers feeling, right?

I don’t really mind the Victory screen one way or the other, but perhaps a compromise then? Keep the Victory screen, but remove the corpses of the losing team from it, so you just see the winning team standing on their pedestals.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I also dont like win screen. I miss the times when we could actually finish fights even when game was already over.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

The new feature no one asked for. I don’t know anyone that likes it.

Feels bad for people that wanted to finish fights.
Feels bad for the losing team because who wants to stick around and look at your opponents /dance-ing
Feels bad for the winning team because the losing team all immediately leave

Just .. why?

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

I don’t really mind the Victory screen one way or the other, but perhaps a compromise then? Keep the Victory screen, but remove the corpses of the losing team from it, so you just see the winning team standing on their pedestals.

Yah, the corpses are unnecessary. Also, if they can slow down the time at the end like overwatch, it would be great.

At the same time, I’d rather them spend more time on balancing that on this. If balance is great, people will automatically accept the victory screen and be less salty.

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I hate how it kills the losing team, since that prevents entering the much less laggy guild hall between matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I agree with OP in that I preferred having time to mess around and continue fighting people if I wanted. I’ve never really been the type of person that needed to teabag opponents or gloat after a win, so that may be why I’m not too impressed by the change.
But either way, it’s no big deal.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think the new victory screen is trollish and cruel. It pleases quite a few players though. Perhaps that’s a reflection we ought to be thinking about.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Hahaha I don’t mean this in a rude way, but I really think yall are being too sensitive. This is GW2 PvP, not hello kitty’s island adventure. Why does it bother you so much? Just look away from the screen if it really hurts your feelings LMFAO it doesn’t effect gameplay so I really could care less about it.

I will say, OP has a point that it prevents people from being able to finish fights after the match which could be seen as a bad thing, and as someone else mentioned you can’t port to places like your guild hall if you’re on the losing team. Those are good points.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in PvP

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Didn’t like it at first, don’t like it now, but really don’t bother me at all.
I don’t care if someone wants to dance after fight.
I just browsing statistics and ignore them…

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

go kittening dance on an olympic podium i dare you LOL

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions