If you want your game to be E-sports...

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

You should stop doing balance updates every 6 months and start doing it more frequently.

Just letting you know the obvious :^)

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

Now imagine a multiverse where DotA/LoL have balance updates every 6 months

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Bahaha, been saying this for a while.

There is a lot of E-sport potential. But yes, needs a lot of work.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I don’t think this game was designed with idea of e-Sports in mind. Yes, it does have potential, but most players play PvE, and only few play PvP; therefore most money come from PvE players, so PvE gets more attention.

It is what most of players like, that defines the development of this game.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

I don’t think this game was designed with idea of e-Sports in mind. Yes, it does have potential, but most players play PvE, and only few play PvP; therefore most money come from PvE players, so PvE gets more attention.

It is what most of players like, that defines the development of this game.

Whether it was the original intention or not. Anet recently starting pushing the E-sports GW2 scene, not very successfully if I might add.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I doubt they have the fire power to do a balance patch every other month, let alone every other week (which would be too much imo). Let’s hope their (probable) paying expansion sells well and new players come to pvp. What matters most to me is that the balance is good, even if the meta lasts for too long, and right now, GW2 may have the best balance in a MMO.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I disagree.

Remember the last patch? Everyone complained about Power Rangers.

I don’t hear the complaints anymore.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I disagree.

Remember the last patch? Everyone complained about Power Rangers.

I don’t hear the complaints anymore.

That’s because people didn’t know how to play against them, Rangers haven’t been a damage-bursting threat for a very long time.

It’s bad enough that this is nothing more than a hotfix, there isn’t any real buffs for traits or utilities that are clearly under performing.

1. You have to get into the faces of your foes.
2. Can be ruined with Blind, making it unreliable.
3. Completely worthless if you don’t have dagger in your main hand, making it even more limiting.

An easy fix would to make this heal ranged, but nope.

This saddens me, right now Guild Wars 2 will never be E-sports material with such limited viable options for play styles and build plus such slow and dry gameplay updates.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lot of work but it’s work that MUST be done.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I don’t think this game will ever be e-sports while it has such big watchability turnoffs like downed-state, excessive particle effects, and the conquest game type.

Anet’s apparent lack of interest in player issues like game balance & build variety definitely doesn’t help either.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Anet’s apparent lack of interest in player issues like game balance & build variety definitely doesn’t help either.

I’m reading forums for around a year.

So far, around 90% of player issues are “cba to learn” issues.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

In my opinion, what needs to be done for PvP to be an Esport.

1- Allow only 2 maximum of each armor type per match to start balancing health and armor pools (bare minimum of balance)

Classes:
2- Buff the ele minor traits in other lines than water for more dps, armor and vitality, nerf cleansing water with a cooldown to compensate. Give the ele a good elite worth using. Increase staff animation speed for gust and many other slow skills.

3- Change the Ranger longbow damage, it should do less damage at greater range. Nerf root duration.

4- Increase the cooldown by 15-20% on engi immobilize turrets and knockdown skills, increase their healing turret speed.

5- Improve the auto-targetting system so that it doesn’t target windows or pets/minions.

6- Increase Necro mobility, nerf F1 autoattack by 15% or increase the cooldown

7- Warrior, make hammer stun/knockdowns of a 15% shorter duration

8- Guardian, increase dps with GS and Hammer by 5%

9- Thieves seem in a good spot

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

1- Allow only 2 maximum of each armor type per match to start balancing health and armor pools (bare minimum of balance)

Classes:
2- Buff the ele minor traits in other lines than water for more dps, armor and vitality, nerf cleansing water with a cooldown to compensate. Give the ele a good elite worth using. Increase staff animation speed for gust and many other slow skills.

3- Change the Ranger longbow damage, it should do less damage at greater range. Nerf root duration.

4- Increase the cooldown by 15-20% on engi immobilize turrets and knockdown skills, increase their healing turret speed.

5- Improve the auto-targetting system so that it doesn’t target windows or pets/minions.

Please NO.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Not gonna comment on all, but some are really funny.

You have a problem with Net turret that immobilize once per 10 sec?
And you have a problem with engineer who have turrets with 50 second cooldown?
How about l2p?

Example how to kitten something that’s balanced.
Another L2p for you.

Yeah, because window between knockdowns isn’t short enough.
Another L2p for you.

Yes, boost it up. Because medi guardian doesn’t always melt others to downed state in one go.
Hammer 5k crit. Not enough.
Another L2p issue.

You’re playing mainly Warrior or Guardian I bet.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Classes:

OMGROFLWHY!?

You are very obviously missing the greater picture here!

Some notes :
1. The armor classes barely have more effect than aesthetics.

2. Nothing to do with E-sports bigger picture.

3. Nothing to do with E-sports bigger picture.

4. Nothing to do with E-sports bigger picture.

5. No, they should remove auto targeting COMPLETELY in my opinion for PvP for even better balance.

6, 7, 8, 9. Nothing to do with E-sports bigger picture.

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

In my opinion,

Classes:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Water
u never played ele
cleansing water work only if u apply regen to u or u ally ( more or less every time u attuned to water and cast some water skill) by using water skill or when u using utility skill traited for give u regen (cantrip) and cleansing water is a grand master trait and u need to spend 6 point on water, and gust got 1/4 sec on cast time (isnt fast enought?)
GS ele elitè skill isnt good
? (the powerfull elite skill for dmg and mobility)
glyph of elemental u can choose what u need (water for support, fire for dmg, wind for daze ur enemy)
other guys wrote L2P, yes in my opinion is the same
L2P first and after write for change

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

esport? never happen. here is why

1. not f2p, this is the biggest reason.

2. only use 14 keys(f1~f4 and 5 skills, 5util and heal and elite skills) in total while other mmo like tera has like more than 24+keys available to use. the game is too easy that couldnt be called competive esport game. this gsme need to expand key slots for more competitive play, i would say we need to have at least 20+keys for skills.

3. Too much depends on builds. seriously, there are even people “it is my build!! i am real creator of ~~” but actuallly that shouldnt happen in esport game that many many pvper play cuz it makes other player feel sick when they have duplicate build but claiming each other i am the original or something equivalent.

4. celestial has completely broken game. there should be just dps type or bunker type or supporter type to become succeess in esport.

Just go play starcraft 2 if you really want competitive bro. Just never hope anything from this game. or Smite online if you like 3rd person camera esport

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Novuake.2691

*snip

1. POssibly true. Most likely true…

2. Biggest E-sport game, League of Legends has even less complexity. So no…

3. Does not even make sense why this is relevant to E-sports?

4. NO!!! Kitten trinity. Celestial mete is just that, a meta, it will pass.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

*snip

1. thx
2.lol sorry
3. lol sorry
4. no one of esport guest wanna see the fight that prolongs everything

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

*snip

1. thx
2.lol sorry
3. lol sorry

I doubt people want to watch people just getting blown up everywhere. It would be pretty gimmicky.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Hire a consultant. Someone with experience from lol/dota/sc.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Novuake.2691

*snip

1. thx
2.lol sorry
3. lol sorry

:)

But thats just it, you REALLY should watch and/or play League to understand the E-sports scene, its the PERFECT example of what people WANT to look at.

1. League ALSO has a meta, champs and builds that are popular for weeks or rarely month, but the shorter meta is just a byproduct of constant ~bi-weekly balancing which Anet does not do.

2. League has ALL MANOR of TYPES of fighting. Gosh combat wise, League feels longer and less decisive than GW2. Less decisive does not mean BAD though, obviously 1 fight does not win the match.

(edited by Novuake.2691)

in PvP

Sorel.4870

The biggest problem is that GW2 pvp is incredibly difficult to understand, and there’s no definite important moments. When you watch a football match, you take a sip of beer when the ball is in the middle of the field, and then get very excited when it gets close to the cages. In MOBAS, there is these weird PvE phases where basically nothing happens.

In GW2, the game is won using complex rotations, and fights are always happening on 2 or 3 points, making it impossible to follow the entire action. Plus, every class has mechanics that are so specific that you just can’t understand what’s happening unless you already play pvp as a decent level. GW2 is esport, but if LoL is football, GW2 is cricket.

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

The biggest problem is that GW2 pvp is incredibly difficult to understand, and there’s no definite important moments. When you watch a football match, you take a sip of beer when the ball is in the middle of the field, and then get very excited when it gets close to the cages. In MOBAS, there is these weird PvE phases where basically nothing happens.

In GW2, the game is won using complex rotations, and fights are always happening on 2 or 3 points, making it impossible to follow the entire action. Plus, every class has mechanics that are so specific that you just can’t understand what’s happening unless you already play pvp as a decent level. GW2 is esport, but if LoL is football, GW2 is cricket.

not cricket. I would say hockey or lacrosse due to rotation knowledge and contact.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in PvP

scerevisiae.1972

I’m reading forums for around a year.

So far, around 90% of player issues are “cba to learn” issues.

When you can post vids of your spirit weap guardian, trap thief, glyph ele, siphon necro, glamour mesmer team owning it up in high-level PVP, i’ll agree with you.

At the end of the day it’s been >2 years and there’s still tons of traits and skills that are universally recognised as kitten. Anet has 300 employees, it’s not like they’re short of resources to tweak these skills/traits, they just don’t give a kitten.

in PvP

Tao.5096

When you can post vids of your spirit weap guardian, trap thief, glyph ele, siphon necro, glamour mesmer team owning it up in high-level PVP, i’ll agree with you.

At the end of the day it’s been >2 years and there’s still tons of traits and skills that are universally recognised as kitten. Anet has 300 employees, it’s not like they’re short of resources to tweak these skills/traits, they just don’t give a kitten.

Well, I know some skills aren’t viable(Death Blossom) and some are even broken (scorpion’s wire).

But even if you’ll pick up the rest of the builds and remake them, still gives you a good amount of builds.
It looks like every class has a full set of skills that aren’t working properly or are not viable.
Like you’ve mentioned, Mesmer glamour skills, Thief’s Traps etc.

I’m not going to defend Anet, since I know that despite having such team, and given multiple reports over such trivial things as Scorpion’s wire etc, they haven’t fixed it.

but it’s not like you also have 2 or 3 max strict solid builds or it’s a no go.

in PvP

scerevisiae.1972

point is that it’s been 2+ years after release and there are all these skills/traits/utilities that everyone knows are bad-really bad.

IMO it’s clear they’re just not taking (intra-class) balance very seriously.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Well, I know some skills aren’t viable(Death Blossom) and some are even broken (scorpion’s wire).

But even if you’ll pick up the rest of the builds and remake them, still gives you a good amount of builds.
It looks like every class has a full set of skills that aren’t working properly or are not viable.
Like you’ve mentioned, Mesmer glamour skills, Thief’s Traps etc.

I’m not going to defend Anet, since I know that despite having such team, and given multiple reports over such trivial things as Scorpion’s wire etc, they haven’t fixed it.

but it’s not like you also have 2 or 3 max strict solid builds or it’s a no go.

Some of these broken skills do get fixed after a looooooong wait: Illusionary Leap, Slick Shoes, and tomorrow warrior’s GS #5. So maybe there’s hope for scorpion wire, but I doubt it. Well, we had a good time with it on the old Skyhammer, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Guild wars 2 will never be an esport because it is competing in an era of f2p competitive focused game.

If guild wars 2 PvP was f2p, it will have more players which mean more resources like LoL to dedicate to PvP. Unfortunately, guild wars 2 cost money and the people who buy it, mostly prefer the PvE just like in guild wars 1.

Guild wars 1 did great because it existed in the subscription era, that era is gone and we are in the f2p era. I mean why pay to play gw2 when you can get a better pvp game for free.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)