International All-Stars Vote Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I said it once and I’ll say it again. GW2 needs 1v1 and 2v2 death match ladders.

I enjoy watching friends duel in wvw and spvp. It seems to be a social thing to do but also proves who is the better player. Of course I’ve also seen the horrible tank vs tank battles that last all day. I’d really like to see anet just get rid of tanky stat combos from spvp. Just remove the tanky amulets already.

How does this have anything to do with Gamescom?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

little confused why there is a whole team up there to vote for. Or why people would vote for the entire team. If that is what the community wants then just have team verse team.

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

Glad to see so many top tier rangers up there. REPRESENT!!!

Seriosuly though, AK and Blu? There is nothing All-Star about this.

Still, congrats to all the contenders.

My Vote:
Quilja
Tarcis
Caed
Ele (Zoose or Chubbz)
Reevzy

I can’t seem to find some of these All-Stars on the list though…

i’m sure like myself they were all offered spots, but had other things going on / didn’t really care to go.

ty tho

in PvP

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It’s a shame that some “top players” wouldn’t want to go.

in PvP

Posted by: Muffin Nook.5923

Muffin Nook.5923

Well as a PVE player took the time to watch some footage of eu and na pvp gameplay.
Results:
EU votes: Rom, Sizer, Helseth, Niah, Denshee
NA votes: Hiba, Zoose, Kaypud, Acandis, Supcutie.

Good luck to everyone

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Well as a PVE player took the time to watch some footage of eu and na pvp gameplay.
Results:
EU votes: Rom, Sizer, Helseth, Niah, Denshee
NA votes: Hiba, Zoose, Kaypud, Acandis, Supcutie.

Good luck to everyone

you forgot to pick a guardian for the european team :P

in PvP

Posted by: Muffin Nook.5923

Muffin Nook.5923

Hey it was a player vote, not a team vote :P

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

There is no merit to competing or “being good” in a game with such a negligible skill ceiling.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There is no merit to competing or “being good” in a game with such a negligible skill ceiling.

Perhaps you can teach all those all-stars how to play then.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Perhaps you can teach all those all-stars how to play then.

One can’t teach a skill that doesn’t exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Can’t teach what you don’t have either

gerdian

in PvP

Swagg.9236

You take that back. I’m excellent at Whack-a-Mole and rock-paper-scissors. These skills translate directly to “high-level” GW2 PvP.

Attachments:

in PvP

Booms.2594

You take that back. I’m excellent at Whack-a-Mole and rock-paper-scissors. These skills translate directly to “high-level” GW2 PvP.

surprised i found you in the top 1000 leaderboards tbh

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

No love for Biceps

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

No love for Biceps

Necro…..tpvp….community… too …small…

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

My votes,

EU Denshee, Helseth, ROM, Sizer, Tage

NA Davinci got banned, Stunningstyles, Hman, Zoose, Shananigans.

Also that NA is the victor.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

My votes,

I would love to hear the NA chat for that match..

“We got this bro.. Do you even li….oh jezus I’m dead.”

But just voting for TM is lame. Mix it up.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

I voted for:

Vee Wee duh!
Chaith
Ostrich Eggs
Reevzy
Hiba

Engineers rule! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

ROFL PHD in Stomponomics bio is like the complete opposite to what i, and countless others have experienced with him in the game.

Great player, terrible person.

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Supcutie
Helseth

Never played with them, know them or to be honest care about them. However both have posted large and comprehensive video’s, highlighting the good, the bad, the ugly..and the unmentionables. Because this has been done of their own free will, time and expense this should be recognised.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

I’m still in the top 1000? That’s a 10/10 joke because I haven’t played this game in forever. This game’s competitive scene is about as dead as TF2 or Super Smash Brothers: Melee, but at least those games have a concrete sense of skill variance.

But honestly, to even think that you doubted by skills in “Rotation Whack-a-Mole Wars 2: Rock-Paper-Scissors Online Edition.” For shame.

Attachments:

(edited by Swagg.9236)

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

I’m still in the top 1000? That’s a 10/10 joke because I haven’t played this game in forever. This game’s competitive scene is about as dead as TF2 or Super Smash Brothers: Melee, but at least those games have a concrete sense of skill variance.

But honestly, to even think that you doubted by skills in “Rotation Whack-a-Mole Wars 2: Rock-Paper-Scissors Online Edition.” For shame.

as i type this smash has 120k+ viewers, isn’t even finals yet

in PvP

Posted by: SchiTown.7598

SchiTown.7598

Yo dawg u stupid cus SSBM is more alive now than it was 10 years ago.

Spoon Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ovi.5473

Ovi.5473

North America needs a ranger and Ovi.5473 is one of the few rangers left that plays at a competitive level no matter what the meta calls for. He has played in the Soac tourney and has more tourney games won than most people have games played. As one of the best rangers to still be actively playing he deserves to have a spot on the ballet.

Totally agree, Ovi is a beast he should be on the list <3

Lol just saw this, thanks but no thanks. I’m not down for a pageant.

~Rank 80 Ranger/Warrior/Necromancer~
Leader of “I Radioactive I” [dK]
Leader of “U R The Future Charity” [URTF]

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Yo dawg u stupid cus SSBM is more alive now than it was 10 years ago.

as i type this smash has 120k+ viewers, isn’t even finals yet

Alright, then I’m wrong about Smash’s current popularity. Even so, the point remains that GW2 has no skill ceiling.

Also, as much as I like SSBM, you guys really need to get a 2-stock/99 second limitation put on EVO Smash. Standard Smash really does mess up the schedule blocks something fierce. Having a tighter time regulations on individual matches/games would probably up your chances of getting back into EVO more consistently.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Hey guys, I was thinking of an amicable solution for the “BLU problem” , which is the conflict being caused by the fact that of all people, BLU by far is the most deserving person from NA (and the rest of the world, for that matter) to travel to this tournament, but not in contention for most deserving players. Here’s my proposal: BLU offers to drop out of the running, in exchange, I will open a crowd source fund to pay for his plane ticket and hotel room for the weekend. I will put 500 USD into this fund, and depend on the rest of the NA and EU communities to help out with the balance. If the support for BLU is really there, it should be no problem coming up with the 1.5k or so remaining dollars to get him to Germany to appear as a guest. Let’s see the most deserving players from each region play in this event, while still making sure BLU gets to go. The man has put his life into this game and its PvP scene, it’s time to give a little back.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

Hey guys, I was thinking of an amicable solution for the “BLU problem” , which is the conflict being caused by the fact that of all people, BLU by far is the most deserving person from NA (and the rest of the world, for that matter) to travel to this tournament, but not in contention for most deserving players. Here’s my proposal: BLU offers to drop out of the running, in exchange, I will open a crowd source fund to pay for his plane ticket and hotel room for the weekend. I will put 500 USD into this fund, and depend on the rest of the NA and EU communities to help out with the balance. If the support for BLU is really there, it should be no problem coming up with the 1.5k or so remaining dollars to get him to Germany, and as a shoutcaster like he should be, not as a player. Time to put our money where our mouths are and see exactly how much everyone wants to see BLU shoutcast this.

I don’t have much but I would put money towards that. Tell me when you get it set up.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: Venus In Furs.9756

Venus In Furs.9756

Good guy Ken offering to do a nice thing.

I’ll gladly contribute! Post the link here when it’s live.

Venus – #666 Necromancer NA

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

I will do exactly that, once we know the outcome of the vote and acceptance. Once it is clear that BLU doesn’t already have a way of getting to gamescom, I will post the crowdsource fund link and everyone can have at it.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

It’s a shame that some “top players” wouldn’t want to go.

Some aren’t able to.

I have collegiate sports to attend to which does not allow me to spend a week in Germany, making the offer one I had to refuse.

Others have plans they already have committed to.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

So, it appears that the issue here isn’t with funding. Since there are other shoutcasters already arranged for the event, if BLU were to go, it’s my understanding that he wouldn’t be shoutcasting it and would only be there as a guest to the event. That being said, my offer still stands. If BLU doesn’t get voted in or declines the invite, I will post the crowdsource fund. Original post edited to reflect this.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Swagg.9236

The man has put his life into this game and its PvP scene.

That was a very upsetting sentence to read.

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

Alright, how about “a good amount of his free time”. :P Obviously he has college studies, friends, etc.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Do you not have a hobby, Swagg? I think that’s more upsetting.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

I will put 500 USD into this fund, and depend on the rest of the NA and EU communities to help out with the balance.

I’ll put in $50.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Acandis, Zoose, Kaypud, Chaith and Cutie!!!

Gogogo!

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If I were BLU, and had put this much time and effort into the game and keeping pvp alive, and then got slapped in the face with such an insult, you can’t even fathom how quickly I’d say “F*** you.” I’d be done so fast and spend my time in things that actually rewarded (either monetary or other) for the effort. Now that actual players are planning to pay for his attendance, as opposed to the company that runs the game to which he has dedicated so many of his hours (FREE OF PAY), is just absurd. It honestly makes me mad at ANet for crapping the bed tbh.

Not only is the one guy who has kept the pvp scene alive not being invited automatically to attend your first major pvp event in a year, but you are inviting OTHERS in his stead?

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Do you not have a hobby, Swagg? I think that’s more upsetting.

Rescue operations don’t stop after the disaster has passed.

Which is more upsetting? Someone scrambling through the rubble in search of survivors who may not exist or someone trying for months and months to fill up a sieve with water, and then people walking by only to encourage the poor fellow to keep following his dreams of filling a sieve with a liquid?

in PvP

Booms.2594

Hey guys, I was thinking of an amicable solution for the “BLU problem” , which is the conflict being caused by the fact that of all people, BLU by far is the most deserving person from NA (and the rest of the world, for that matter) to travel to this tournament, but not in contention for most deserving players. Here’s my proposal: BLU offers to drop out of the running, in exchange, I will open a crowd source fund to pay for his plane ticket and hotel room for the weekend. I will put 500 USD into this fund, and depend on the rest of the NA and EU communities to help out with the balance. If the support for BLU is really there, it should be no problem coming up with the 1.5k or so remaining dollars to get him to Germany to appear as a guest. Let’s see the most deserving players from each region play in this event, while still making sure BLU gets to go. The man has put his life into this game and its PvP scene, it’s time to give a little back.

100$ from me pledged

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

My votes,

I can only imagine the VoIP comms on that one for na.

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Seems a strange way to choose an ‘all stars team’ wouldn’t using the results of the legends tournament be a better way?

I mean isn’t this just a popularity contest rather than who is actually the best team? I’d want the best team to represent EU, not the one who managed to get enough friends and guildies to vote for them.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Seems a strange way to choose an ‘all stars team’ wouldn’t using the results of the legends tournament be a better way?

I mean isn’t this just a popularity contest rather than who is actually the best team? I’d want the best team to represent EU, not the one who managed to get enough friends and guildies to vote for them.

This makes all too much sense for it to be done. That seems to be the motto but all-star doesn’t necessarily mean the best team even though it would be better to watch if it was this way.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Hopefully all the rewards are worthwhile. We wouldn’t want to see a repeat performance where a guild pulls out of the competition because they didn’t deem the 2nd place prize worthwhile. Most of us just want to see some good fights.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

First place: Each member of the first place team will receive their choice of a legendary weapon, one PvP tournament-exclusive armor set, and the First Place Trophy Finisher.
Second place: Each member of the second place team will receive a precursor of their choice, one PvP tournament-exclusive armor set, and the Second Place Trophy Finisher.
Third place: Each member of the third place team will receive three individual pieces of the PvP tournament-exclusive armor set, and the Third Place Trophy Finisher.

1st/2nd is the difference between a Legendary weapon and a precursor.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

legendaries are more common than some rare weapons, nothing special anymore

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You can sell them for thousands of gold and get those weapons then.

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

This is true. I use the Warden Greatsword on my Guardian (t3 cultural from Sylvari, cultural weapons can be used in all races) and I see way more Sunrises and Twilight than copies from my weapon. Ppl often ask me what weapon is it.

My certain votes are:

EU: Sizer, Bullet Punch
NA: BLU, Kensuda. Five Gauge

Rest was not random, was based on the texts, but I don’t remember all names, these are the ones from the selected I want to see.
I would also voted in Magic Toker or Caed if they were there, aparently not I would like to know why

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in PvP

Booms.2594

This is true. I use the Warden Greatsword on my Guardian (t3 cultural from Sylvari, cultural weapons can be used in all races) and I see way more Sunrises and Twilight than copies from my weapon. Ppl often ask me what weapon is it.

My certain votes are:

Rest was not random, was based on the texts, but I don’t remember all names, these are the ones from the selected I want to see.
I would also voted in Magic Toker or Caed if they were there, aparently not I would like to know why

to be totally honest toker wouldnt deserve it

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

North American Candidates:

As you can see, the Mesmer is non-existent in the competitive scene for N/A Candidates, and only two out of the whole list of players from EU chose the Mesmer profession.

Balance?! That’s really something to seriously think about, right Josh?

The current Meta is like Warriors 120% – Guardians 110% – Ele – and more Ele? and then followed by Thief – Necromancer, Ranger/Engineer…

Where do Mesmers stand today? A sidekick? A utility bot? Are we really a trash tier class like some have already commented about the Mesmer?

Less nerfs, and more buffs please to bring the balance in line.

The data represented here truly speaks for the Meta in competitive game play today.

Competitive players are NOT stupid. They chose to play certain profession utilizing certain builds with respective itemization and gearing for one reason only:
They want to seal the victory for the team.

Any pro competitive player would go through the mindset of deciding what is the opportunity cost of bringing this profession over the others in a tournament.

#1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing the Mesmer in a competitive tournament?

#2. How much loss over gain does the team has to bear for a Mesmer to have a spot on the team, instead of any other profession?

#3. How crucial is the role of Mesmer over the other 7 professions in a competitive tournament?

#4. How much of a difference CAN a Mesmer make in turning the tide for the team to seal its victory? How about Guardians in this case? (I deliberately ask for comparison to the role of Guardian in this specific question for a reason…)

We have our “answers” clear as day from the lists of candidates.

How do Mesmer players view such an event and realizing that we have very limited choices of candidates to give our support? I am on N/A, and I suppose I will give my support to the two EU candidates representing the Mesmer? or should I give support to every other professions other than my own on the N/A category? Does the Developers not seeing and understand the whole issue here?

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

(edited by Mystiq Angelic.8193)

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

My certain votes are:

Thanks for the support And thanks for voting for Five Gauge too, he is an amazing player and really nice guy to boot. Toker was invited, but I believe he couldn’t go.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream