It's already happening, "nerf warrior CC"

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Just fought a team with two warriors, and they were actually a huge threat to me as a necromancer. It was a lot of fun to try to outplay them.

With today’s patch, I’m starting to feel the game is the most balanced it’s ever been.

It’s nice that a few people just enjoy the challenge instead of try to get it nerfed.

I had a few fights against a Necro tonight who was really good and I could tell he was enjoying trying to outplay the build.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Let me put it this way: if you loose against a hammer/mace+shield warrior, it’s a l2p issue.

Both gap-closer stuns, that this build possesses are highly telegraphed and easily dodged once you know what to look for (and it’s really not that hard, believe me). Without landing a gap-closing stun, it’s pretty much impossible to land any other hammer crowd control skill (unless playing against a total bird brain that stays in melee range while fighting a warrior). The mace stun and daze are easier to land on melee targets, because of shorter animations, but are essentially the only two crowd controls you can make use of, if you miss your gap closers (which don’t really close that much of a gap in the first place, one is 600 range and the other is a mere 300 range, both highly telegraphed, predictable, since you ought to kind of open with either of them) and won’t keep you stunned for all that long anyways, considering the hammer warrior doesn’t have any sort of burst damage.

Basically said, any and all warrior builds have such massive counterplay options, that seeing the class as not balanced is just being biased and stupid. Any single skill that seems strong is either very telegraphed and FULLY negated by a dodge, or full melee range that requires you to run into the midst of the enemy team that will tear you anew one, if you are not playing properly well (and if he doesn’t have to, you should really work on your positioning). If all classes were as true to their design manifestos as the warrior is, this game would see much more counterplays and counterstrategies, and overall be way more interesting than it is now, because right now, every single viable meta-spec relies on spamming either damage spells, or dodges, or both without any form or sort of deeper team coordination to pull of bursts or anything else.

Complaining about a hammer warrior is exactly the same, as complaining about 100b warrior when the game first came out. Look at yourself in the mirror and you will see the kind of person whose solution to any problem he might have, is having others solve it for him, even if the question asked is: how much is 1+1=?

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

i think its great that warriors have a role . Leave it be

in PvP

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I was having a small problem with a stun/confusion Warrior. I just brought Hallowed Ground. Problem solved.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

And warriors are no a better lock down class than mesmers.

And u did it. Now they will nerf warriors every patch! Muahahah!

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

The ability to spam a stun is bad game play. GW2 has tons of elements in that any other MMORPG that has been around awhile and has pvp has gotten rid of. There are not enough stun breakers and dodges in the world to get away from this eventually. I am a believer in making a game fun as part of the balance equation ie does this game element make the game more fun? Losing control of your character indefinitely until you die is not fun to the vast majority of people. There are plenty of ways to make warriors stronger without relying on a cheese mechanic. Once again A-net takes the easy way out. I

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

CC for warrior is fine in PvP. CC for warrior in WvW is OP. Since this is a PvP forum, it is fine.

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i think those qq that claim warriors is op because this meta is the first time that a fotm class has very little stun breaker, active damage migration, and vigor.

which means there actually more intellegent play to survive a warrior shock

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’ve realized since playing Warrior more and more over the past couple months that most professions load their utility bar up with offensive abilities – Warriors are all defense usually.

Time for other professions to make the same choice. Load up on offensive utilities and get owned by stunlock Warriors, or load up on the defensive utilities and have a chance when you get focused.

But what about Mesmers, they have VERY little when it comes to offensive utilities

in PvP

Velron.3729

I’ve realized since playing Warrior more and more over the past couple months that most professions load their utility bar up with offensive abilities – Warriors are all defense usually.

Time for other professions to make the same choice. Load up on offensive utilities and get owned by stunlock Warriors, or load up on the defensive utilities and have a chance when you get focused.

But what about Mesmers, they have VERY little when it comes to offensive utilities

I’m glad I said most so someone couldn’t say it was a blanket statement haha. Mesmer would be an exception. They also are harder to kill with a CC Warrior than most other squishies due to all the stun breaks/ports they usually have.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’m glad I said most so someone couldn’t say it was a blanket statement haha. Mesmer would be an exception. They also are harder to kill with a CC Warrior than most other squishies due to all the stun breaks/ports they usually have.

Thats true personally i wish i had a few LESS defensive utilities and a few more offensive. Some of the Signets and Mantras could be reworked or removed to be replaced by something a bit more offensive friendly

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

I saw a post here about 2 warriors roaming and I must say they hurt, once they focus you its not easy but still possible to outplay them. I like that.

On the other hand you will never see 2 warriors in a tourny. If they do play in tournies I see the warrior more like a burst class that helps you get through the tough times when you are solo defending a node, on the other hand thief can burst just as much en has the ability to move a lot faster between points, not to mention stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I’ve been running a hammer/mace warrior for a couple of months to great success, and the build has been up on the forums for weeks. I have noticed recently (especially when I visit eu) that people are complaining more about being stun locked. Perhaps with the recent buff to warrior sustain (which incidental hardly affects full dps cc) people think it’s ‘okay’ now to QQ about warriors.

CC warriors can be great, but having given my build to others just to watch them struggle to land all the cc I wouldn’t say the skill floor is too low.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I hope Skull Crack wont be nerfed, people need to use stun breakers, and learn when to use it.
Most of the time they die because they run full glass canon builds or because they use it when it’s not necessary. Those builds need to be punished, and the punishment comes after a stun.

i hope stuns gets nerfed OUTSIDE sPvP.
In WvW zerg combat, this is a nightmare. 15 warriors can stun a 80man blob to death. It is ridiculous outside of 1 v 1 settings.

in 1 v 1 it is easy to counter, even in small scale fights light 5v5 it is still possible to stay alert enough to avoid it. But in huge scale fights, it just aren’t possible to prepare for it. Simply because any form of “preparation” will kitten you in one way or the other

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Even if you get stunned, I hardly see 100 blades exceed 10k damage. Very few classes get killed by a single combo. But the build we play is not GC anymore, so it’s not like “we fail the combo and we die” anymore.

By running random directions you can make Skull Crack miss many times, too.

Some people think a warrior dying this way was a bad warrior being punished. Well, as an engi, all I needed to do was standing still. Protection Injection was enough to make me live through the burst.

Now it’s our turn to say it:

MACE WARRIORS ARE FINE, JUST L2P. XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I think stunlock warrior still weak. Use ranged attacks and he is gone.
Stunlock requires element of surprise or some distraction to work good.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

ok u get a response unaware how stupid u seem to be. thanks for pointing out that english isnt my motherlanguage, but i guess u can understand.

your complete argumentation is invalid. u try to argument that cc is needed to counter condition spam. but cc is a counter to everything and in that amount atm op. there is also no need to always refer to necs or engis or condition spam. dont know u all dont want accept that. esp if i follow ur argument u demand that i choose my counter to cc wisely but neglate the use of conditionremoval wisely.

My kind sir, English not being your native language is NOT an excuse. I am not from an English-speaking country, but that doesn’t prevent me from writing decently making sure what I write is understandable. Writing in a non-horrible fashion is a show of respect to other users. Thank you for your understanding.

CC is expecially strong against condition dealers for they don’t have nothing more than stunbreakers.

Mesmers have the staff. Thieves have shadow return. Both teleport you away, most probably negating your burst even without breaking the stun. Rangers have their pets, who can stop warriors for them. You have to land a perfect burst on most eles to have a chance to take them down 1v1. I also saw some necros countering 100b by soaking it with deathshroud.

You will never have something that completely negates cc, as you won’t have something that completely and effectively negates conditions.

Warriors will be able to land that combo sooner or later. But they might do it so seldomly you’ll be able to take them down. Then it comes to skill, or who outlasts who. It all comes to who between the two is the better player or the better builder.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Well there aren’t many mesmers in the tourny meta anymore

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

What needs to happen is disables need to work like GW1. Use a disable on someone who is already disabled, and it does nothing(except damage,etc). This way it promotes timing and awareness instead of spam.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in PvP

Velron.3729

What needs to happen is disables need to work like GW1. Use a disable on someone who is already disabled, and it does nothing(except damage,etc). This way it promotes timing and awareness instead of spam.

I would be ok with this change, it should work the same for fears as well.

I believe fixing AOE condi spam and other bigger issues should be priority though.

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I have to pick certain utilities and traits to deal with certain classes. There is no reason other classes shouldn’t have to do that too. As was said many times in this thread. You cannot expect to go full damage and beat everything. You simply won’t be prepared for the odd CC Warrior that probably makes up 2% of all warriors right now.