KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

I wanted to not only touch the people that play GW2 PvP, but also influence the people that are outside of that community. I wanted to do more than show an awesome come back. I feel like I have the power to touch a bigger audience than the average guy, and as I touch those people I want to make a difference. To a person that might watch this and ask “How can you difference? Anybody can make this video.” Of course and this is true, but the difference is that I choose to do this for the ones that want to watch. For the ones that click on the link below Enjoy~

~BalougaPod

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I can’t keep my head up, I have to watch the conditions bar!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I can’t keep my head up cause I’m always looking down on my team

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

rate up m8

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

so many noob mistakes. double dodges MULTIPLE times for no reason. 1vs multiple people for no reason. clearly noob play…move along

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If you’re going to start touching people you may want to get lawyered up first.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

so many noob mistakes. double dodges MULTIPLE times for no reason. 1vs multiple people for no reason. clearly noob play…move along

Just shows how messed up Rev is that you don’t even need to be somewhat decent to profit

;D

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Well this is a nice message to be delivered even if some of us are barely hanging on to the game…

Don’t think the thread was meant to discuss the quality of his gameplay or the stat of the Revenant but w/e

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im sorry but i got 1/2 threw the video and had to stop.

First you were ranting about quitting, blaming team mates then start trying to compare life and the paychecks that feed your family to a game. You actually said if you quit trying your a loser. You said it doesnt matter if it took you 3000 games.

So if i may can we settle some things. People are frustrated in PvP 99% at Anet.

They are just lashing out at other players. If you look at the threads basically everyone is complaining about how quickly they die at times or the inability to kill another class because you are hard countered with the build you were trying to use.

I know you were trying to be positive but you came off wrong to me with some of your comments.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

nice video, Yea the skill level is atrociously low, but nothing compared to the pugs i’m getting in these days… if i spend more than 30 seconds in a duel like you did, i already know my teammates in the map will be all death XD, i think you have yet to find the real teammates that teach you the real meaning of “you have to carry them”.

Actualy when i start a mid fight, i start counting 10 seconds, cuz i have less than 10 seconds to kill opponents before my teammates start rallybotting XD

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: North.5987

North.5987

illiterate streamer creating a cringe video about getting carried. gg

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Biklen.5490

I’m running solo in PvP and currently in T3 Diamond. I really don’t mind people calling me bad it is ok. I understand I haven’t won any tournaments or really done anything special in GW2 for people to honor me. Even if I did it wouldn’t matter I only play the game because i enjoy it.

My question is…If I am atrociously low skill lvl REV than why are half the people in here below Ruby or stuck in Ruby?….

I’m not doing anything special…I am just hitting que and playing vs w/e I get. Today I couldn’t even play because my ques where 45min. Why do some people that have even lower accomplishments than myself feel the need to constantly prove themselves on a video that was only meant for motivation.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Nice video i liked it. Keep’em coming and don’t listen to the naysayers.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

it’s the forum, what do you expect. anyway good video, thank you for it. CLEEEAAAVE!!!!

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Good video. I like the positive message it gives. I’m on the camp of never quitting or afk’’in inteionally and it reinforces my idea.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I’m running solo in PvP and currently in T3 Diamond. I really don’t mind people calling me bad it is ok. I understand I haven’t won any tournaments or really done anything special in GW2 for people to honor me. Even if I did it wouldn’t matter I only play the game because i enjoy it.

My question is…If I am atrociously low skill lvl REV than why are half the people in here below Ruby or stuck in Ruby?….

I’m not doing anything special…I am just hitting que and playing vs w/e I get. Today I couldn’t even play because my ques where 45min. Why do some people that have even lower accomplishments than myself feel the need to constantly prove themselves on a video that was only meant for motivation.

You should be happy then to be able to find teammates able to carry you XD.
Cuz 642 dmg dealt (in a such close and long match up) and 600k + dmg recieved is something i never seen in my rev combat statistic XD XD. But dont feel sad, i can tell you i would pay hundred golds for having teammates like you, who at least can survive more than 10 seconds… yea you randomly dodge and never use skills at right time, it’s like you are playing a rotation elementalist, wich is not the case while playing revenant, but whatever dude, i can tell you are 10x better than teammates i keep getting, and i can tell you i don’t care if you take more than 2 minutes to kill another revenant, i don’t care if your dps is so low, cuz if you can survive like that i will be able to carry you!!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You actually said if you quit trying your a loser. You said it doesnt matter if it took you 3000 games.

“There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard

So if i may can we settle some things. People are frustrated in PvP 99% at Anet.

“93% of percentages are made up on the spot.”

They are just lashing out at other players. If you look at the threads basically everyone is complaining about how quickly they die at times or the inability to kill another class because you are hard countered with the build you were trying to use.

I know you were trying to be positive but you came off wrong to me with some of your comments.

Hard-counters (soft-counters?) exists but this game is balanced as a team-game. Most battles are won not through knowing how to fight, but knowing when to fight.

NSPride <3

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Nichivo.5046

Nichivo.5046

Ignore them all Bic, they are worse than a pack of rabid dogs. You know what I see when I watch the video I see someone holding a node against 2, giving his team a 4-3 split over 2 which guarantees 2 if your team has a clue, 3 if any are good. I personally call that a win condition. Your plus 1 was a bit slow to arrive though.

I’d play with you Bic, at least you are not going to afk if you are down, like a large number of people in this thread would more than likely do. The rest of you should be ashamed.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Ignore them all Bic, they are worse than a pack of rabid dogs. You know what I see when I watch the video I see someone holding a node against 2, giving his team a 4-3 split over 2 which guarantees 2 if your team has a clue, 3 if any are good. I personally call that a win condition. Your plus 1 was a bit slow to arrive though.

I’d play with you Bic, at least you are not going to afk if you are down, like a large number of people in this thread would more than likely do. The rest of you should be ashamed.

Dam bro that was motivational as hell thanx dude

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

ty gs

The Art of Roaming [gank]

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Nichivo.5046

Nichivo.5046

Dam bro that was motivational as hell thanx dude

No problem. Besides, most these people would not notice an exceptional play if they saw one. Case in point, 4:55 chaos release, to move downstate warrior off point… Priceless!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

You forgot to mention the fact that Kralle and I were taking turn 1v2ing far for half the game and winning most of them while simultaneously typing out instructions that should have been common senses to made that comeback happen. Now that I skimmed thru your revs plays I finally understand why did we even got put in that situation to begin with. It cool that you got that kitten on VoD but next time title should be “Keep your head up cuz don’t worry you will get carry”

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Omg ppl thats an motivation viveo not some sort of “look at my skill” if some one wants to see some cool statistic Bik has one of those to on his vids. And that video trully makes what it does) ive got so positive emotions when i watched it and loud lough on dat scene when Bik started shout CLEAVEEE XD
P/S Bik keep it going)

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

Lol…..so what I learned from this video was to tank my mmr so I can get carried by kratos and kralle and other esl/tournament/proleague players…….good thing you got 2 solid guys on your team. It’s ridiculous how low the skill level has gotten. And btw doesn’t matter what your division is on any season, divisions don’t meant anything. There is a reason you see solid pro esl players still in Sapphire this season…..it’s cuz they don’t que at 3 in the morning, they have to carry scrubs in solo que, and they don’t grind 3000 games.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Nice video and even better message man. At times it is hard to keep the head up, like when people on your own team afk from start because they have a thief on their team. Or when the Guardian on the enemy team calls you bad for not pushing far when he’s camped on it. Sorry enemy guardian… as a thief I do not wish to 1v1 you… lol

It’s nice to see a little sugar in the PvP land of salt.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Lol…..so what I learned from this video was to tank my mmr so I can get carried by kratos and kralle and other esl/tournament/proleague players…….good thing you got 2 solid guys on your team. It’s ridiculous how low the skill level has gotten. And btw doesn’t matter what your division is on any season, divisions don’t meant anything. There is a reason you see solid pro esl players still in Sapphire this season…..it’s cuz they don’t que at 3 in the morning, they have to carry scrubs in solo que, and they don’t grind 3000 games.

1, 2, 3 and LOOL

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

1, 2, 3 and LOOL

Jus CLEAVE it Bik XD

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Biklen.5490

You forgot to mention the fact that Kralle and I were taking turn 1v2ing far for half the game and winning most of them while simultaneously typing out instructions that should have been common senses to made that comeback happen. Now that I skimmed thru your revs plays I finally understand why did we even got put in that situation to begin with. It cool that you got that kitten on VoD but next time title should be “Keep your head up cuz don’t worry you will get carry”

If there was a way to show off your gameplay son i would…..But see the thing is I already gave you the credit in the video…If there a way to highlight ur gameplay from my PC to your house, on twitch, and than you-tube well I would have done it. See that is your job to record your gameplay and give people your point of you as I did. Simple

See the reason i said Kralle’s name is cuz i know he would appreciate it and move on…A ranked game for him isnt a big deal…A rank game for a me win or loose isnt a big deal. If this video was called REV MONTAGE 100000000x team carry than i could even consider you making a comment like this…

But honestly this comment right here shows the kind of person you really are…Get over yourself…I’m sorry you had to be in my match / video and ruin the moment. GG

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

You actually said if you quit trying your a loser. You said it doesnt matter if it took you 3000 games.

Hard-counters (soft-counters?) exists but this game is balanced as a team-game. Most battles are won not through knowing how to fight, but knowing when to fight.

“What is morale is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after” – Ernest Hemmingway

Losing alot of games in a row because of a unbalance meta game isnt accepting failure but knowing the failure lies with in the system that you have no control of. Playing DH and throwing down 3-4 traps as i 1 shot a ele/thief/ new player isnt good for anyone. Its such a blunder that Guardian traps are so deadly yet every other trap in the game is laughed at. This goes for alot of HOT spec/skills.

If you want to talk percentages lets talk of how many things Anet promised and failed to deliver. If i made up a number to show this then lets see it. Legendary weapons promised to how many we got? HOT specs will create more build options and will not be stronger then current specs, would you say this was a lie? Fractal leader boards? How about meaningful changes to PvP and WvW? Player frustration comes from a broken game and promises not kept, 100% of false advertisement can make people mad.

Before HOT simple small changes made would change fights. For instance if you played rifle/hammer warrior with carrion amulet and went power/def/disc with body blows and a confusion trait you can do alot of damage and condi on stuns. If you play ele with cantrips you might not be ready and play fire/water/arcane. You lack stability and will lose the fight. If you trade fire for earth and use the trait you get stability on changing to earth you have now soft countered the build.

Lastly if you have to pick and choose a fight when you are the superior player somethings wrong. If you are 10X the player i am yet you are a thief and im playing anything that you cant counter simply because you are a thief. Thats a problem and pretending like that isnt a issue comes off wrong.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

“What is morale is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after” – Ernest Hemmingway

Losing alot of games in a row because of a unbalance meta game isnt accepting failure but knowing the failure lies with in the system that you have no control of. Playing DH and throwing down 3-4 traps as i 1 shot a ele/thief/ new player isnt good for anyone. Its such a blunder that Guardian traps are so deadly yet every other trap in the game is laughed at. This goes for alot of HOT spec/skills.

If you want to talk percentages lets talk of how many things Anet promised and failed to deliver. If i made up a number to show this then lets see it. Legendary weapons promised to how many we got? HOT specs will create more build options and will not be stronger then current specs, would you say this was a lie? Fractal leader boards? How about meaningful changes to PvP and WvW? Player frustration comes from a broken game and promises not kept, 100% of false advertisement can make people mad.

Before HOT simple small changes made would change fights. For instance if you played rifle/hammer warrior with carrion amulet and went power/def/disc with body blows and a confusion trait you can do alot of damage and condi on stuns. If you play ele with cantrips you might not be ready and play fire/water/arcane. You lack stability and will lose the fight. If you trade fire for earth and use the trait you get stability on changing to earth you have now soft countered the build.

Lastly if you have to pick and choose a fight when you are the superior player somethings wrong. If you are 10X the player i am yet you are a thief and im playing anything that you cant counter simply because you are a thief. Thats a problem and pretending like that isnt a issue comes off wrong.

0 -That quote is so general that it can apply to any unreasonable sense of insecurity or entitlement that provokes negative emotion.

1 – S4 is likely one of the most balanced seasons as far as matchmaking goes. Let’s make that clear before we continue, because matchmaking balance and profession balance are two separate things. You may not have control over the system, but that does not mean failure is originating from it. If a DH has 3-4 traps, they are setting themselves up for weakness. Any DH with that many traps that can 1-shot people is sorely lacking in defenses. They have about 7 seconds worth of blocks and then they are open for slaughter.

2 – I do not want to talk about percentages, that is specifically why I joked about their credibility. You are the one who brought up percentages to begin with. However, I will go through your support regardless. Legendary weapons were promised. Legendary weapons were delivered. There were not as many as you may have expected, but that expectation is on you, for A-net never made a statement on the number of weapons they would release. So by this, A-net fulfilled their ‘promise’. A-net never stated that elite specs would be a side-grade to existing build options. They simply stated that they would be introduced. Again, assumption and expectations on your part. A-net did not state that they were introducing fractal leaderboards with HoT. Rather, while talking about things they would like to bring to HoT, they mentioned that they were working on these leaderboards. There was no promise made here, but you asserted one. There were incredibly “meaningful” changes to WvW and PvP. However, “meaningful” is a very subjective term. So using it as your support is questionable at best. Your frustration comes from your own assumed expectations and imagined promises. You perceived advertisement that was not there, so naturally it was false.

3 – This is true; this is also true after HoT. For example, A Reaper with Soul Reaping will generally pick Dhuumfire as their grandmaster. While fighting a condi-Berzerker, the Berzerker will most often win due to their frequent access to resistance and sheer sustained healing and heavy CC (from game-changers like Head Butt, which helps complete their CC-chain). However, if the Reaper chooses Foot in the Grave instead, that extra stun-break and stability can quite often turn the tables. The Reaper can regain the initiative, and have more chances to reposition & boon corrupt.

4 – No, nothing is wrong here. That is part of what makes one player superior to another. Wasting one’s time in an up-hill fight is unproductive. However, choosing to re-allocate your resources to other positions is part of the strategy. Take an RTS for example; players are not definitely considered superior to one another on solely their unit choice production and micro-management, but also their ability to conserve resources and base format. In short, superiority is multi-faceted. Finally, I will address your last example as an extreme case. In that example, if a thief is 10x the player of another, that thief could blow up that supposed hard-counter in seconds. It is when the players are near-equal that one must begin to consider positioning and combat-choice on-par with reaction time and survivability.

tl;dr: Your support was unsupported, and you are attempting to point blame where there is none.

NSPride <3

(edited by Razor.9872)