Leaderboard question

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Q:

Since matchmaking changes, matches are more “equally distributed”, so it means your win ratio will be around 50% ( in a perfect world).

I’m no exception, i used to win a lot more than 50% pre-patch, now i’m about that ratio.

So, why does my rank drop more than i gain when i lose ?

Each win gives me X, each time i lose, i’ll lose X+Y, making my rank drop.

I was top 300 some day ago, after about 30 solo q ( equally won/lost or about the same) i lost about 500 positions ( i won’t even count skyhammer because we all know there’s a problem with this map).

This is not a “cry ueueueue” post, since i know i’ll get right there now or then, i just want to understand why this is happening: this shows i usually face much lower rated opponents ( aside few well known people that i know are high ranked) than me, and since my queues start after not more than 2-3 minutes, there should be something wrong.

Looking for an answer.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

PvP since the patch 10 days ago has experienced a huge surge in new players. Basically a doubling of players. They said this today on the PvP developer show on Twitch TV.

Each new PvPer gets an “estimated ranking MMR” that may or may not be even close to their actual ability.

All these phony MMRs might somehow have something to do with it maybe? Somehow? I do not know.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Since matchmaking changes, matches are more “equally distributed”, so it means your win ratio will be around 50% ( in a perfect world).

I’m no exception, i used to win a lot more than 50% pre-patch, now i’m about that ratio.

So, why does my rank drop more than i gain when i lose ?

Each win gives me X, each time i lose, i’ll lose X+Y, making my rank drop.

I was top 300 some day ago, after about 30 solo q ( equally won/lost or about the same) i lost about 500 positions ( i won’t even count skyhammer because we all know there’s a problem with this map).

This is not a “cry ueueueue” post, since i know i’ll get right there now or then, i just want to understand why this is happening: this shows i usually face much lower rated opponents ( aside few well known people that i know are high ranked) than me, and since my queues start after not more than 2-3 minutes, there should be something wrong.

Looking for an answer.

you already know that all is vain right? ;P

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Since your rank is still quite high, you’re probably teamed with very low ranks.

The team you’re up against may be made of players of much lower rank than yours, but still higher than your teammates.
MMR total is the same, but individually, it means you get a much harder “punishment” for losing this match than your teammates, because the system just says you lost against much weaker opponents.

Maybe.

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

PvP since the patch 10 days ago has experienced a huge surge in new players. Basically a doubling of players. They said today on the PvP developer show on Twitch TV.

Each new PvPer gets an “estimated ranking MMR” that may or may not be even close to their actual ability.

All these phony MMRs might somehow have something to do with it maybe? Somehow? I do not know.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped playing after the patch. I have just let me rank drop from top 100 to (well, currently 527 but I was off the boards completely before playing a game a few days ago lol). Before the patch I was getting a lot of good games and having fun, after the changes and then the patch constant horrible teams I had to carry. The problem is definitely the high MMR new players receive. It needs to be MUCH lower.

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Since your rank is still quite high, you’re probably teamed with very low ranks.

The team you’re up against may be made of players of much lower rank than yours, but still higher than your teammates.
MMR total is the same, but individually, it means you get a much harder “punishment” for losing this match than your teammates, because the system just says you lost against much weaker opponents.

Maybe.

It may be the case. If it’s this way, than climbing the ladder is nothing more than pure luck, according to who queues when you queue.

I think it’s about time to restrict tiering when creating teams, otherwise joining solo q is nothing more than a russian roulette.

Leaderboard question

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I think there is a WHOLE LOT of pure luck to it. Which no one wants to admit, either as players in the upper 200, or as developers of the leaderboard system.

There is a good reason they said they are going to scrap the leaderboards and go to a ladder system next year.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)