Legendary PvP Armor - Upgrade Fail!

in PvP

Posted by: phalaris.5134

phalaris.5134

We do appreciate the upgrade option of the current PvP/WvW Ascendent Armor but with surprise, any pre-stated Ascended PvP armor won’t be recognised by the Mystic Forge for upgrade to Legendary ones.

Can the Devs please give options to either reset the current armor (neutralise the stat selection) or update the Mystic Forge, so that current sets can be upgraded?

I tried with the new and -unselected stated Helm and it worked but I must say that this is a big setback if you want but cannot upgrade your current and well deserved sets.

Clarification is appreciated!

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

That… honestly sounds like a bug, you might want to report it formally. I assume you’ve double and triple checked that you have the correct armor set for the upgrade you’re performing? (WvW armor is incompatible with the PvP upgrade for example.)

in PvP

phalaris.5134

That… honestly sounds like a bug, you might want to report it formally. I assume you’ve double and triple checked that you have the correct armor set for the upgrade you’re performing? (WvW armor is incompatible with the PvP upgrade for example.)

I have four Ascended sets from PvP, which take on the names from each stat selection, such as Grymm Svaard (Marauder Stat Selection).

I double checked and none of my precursor sets would work because I have selected already the stats. Very disappointing tho.

Yet I don’t know if that’s intentional or simply a bug in the mystic forge!?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Man I hope that’s a bug, I was fully intending on statting the precursor armor as I got it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I have four Ascended sets from PvP, which take on the names from each stat selection, such as Grymm Svaard (Marauder Stat Selection).

I double checked and none of my precursor sets would work because I have selected already the stats. Very disappointing tho.

Transmute fail more like.
You’ve transmuted Ardent over a crafted item.
Here’s 1 piece of my Ardent armor if I put it into the forge. Note at the bottom (Transmuted, Ardent Glorious Crown) That is the real item, and behaves as such.

Files, 1 with no stat selected, 1 with stat selected.

If you obtained the PvP ascended, selected a stat AND then proceeded to stat swap to another, that returns the standard Illustrious ascended armor, which is not the precursor armor.

Attachments:

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Read the top of that tooltip, dude. Appearence is completely irrelevant, here, the Svaard thing refers to the original item, not the stats. And if you originally got it from PvP, then that means you reforged it through the forge to change its stats. That effectively destroys the original item and gives you the PvE crafted set in the desired stats.

in PvP

phalaris.5134

Transmute fail more like.
You’ve transmuted Ardent over a crafted item.
Here’s 1 piece of my Ardent armor if I put it into the forge. Note at the bottom (Transmuted, Ardent Glorious Crown) That is the real item, and behaves as such.

Files, 1 with no stat selected, 1 with stat selected.

Thanks for clarification.

I tried with my latest set and I only could find that one set where it said ARDENT GLORIOUS […] – all previous sets seemed to have lost their origin somehow.

Attachments:

in PvP

phalaris.5134

Read the top of that tooltip, dude. Appearence is completely irrelevant, here, the Svaard thing refers to the original item, not the stats. And if you originally got it from PvP, then that means you reforged it through the forge to change its stats. That effectively destroys the original item and gives you the PvE crafted set in the desired stats.

OUCH, I think I did change some stats, which changed the stat selection but didn’t change the appearance. That’s a big bummer. So I lost the origin due to new stat selection, even tho it’s still the same base/armor. Meh,…

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

If you reforged (changed) the stats with the mystic forge, that particular piece of armor wont be recognized by the mystic forge for the legendary recipe. The Devs told us that already.

in PvP

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

People really need to understand that ascended armor does not change stats…

What you can do is to trade ascended armor for other ascended armor of different stats.

There is a huge difference in the two, and this topic shows a big set-back of doing the reforge.

in PvP

phalaris.5134

It would have been so easy to just change stats (in the mystic forge) and keep the original armor as received in the first time. I could understand if they mention that any transmuted skin get lost and original skin/armor will be recreated to any changes in stats.

They are so nifty with so many features in game but a simple stat change will throw away the base armor without any recovery options. Considering the hours & resources spent on acquiring such sets, a more moderate or considered restore option would have been much appreciated.

in PvP

phalaris.5134

Mod can lock it!

All solved!

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

What was the solution?

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

What was the solution?

Don’t reforge pvp ascended armor I believe.

in PvP

phalaris.5134

SOLUTION IS/WAS:

Do not re-stat PvP or WvW Ascended Gear in the Mystic Forge, as they take on the Insignia’s Name and create a brand new item.

You won’t be able to upgrade those items to Legendary otherwise.