Legendary PvP Armour

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I already have the Ardent Glorious armour and I bought the Globs Of Condensed Sprit Energy. How do I use it to turn my Ascended armour into Legendary? I can’t drag them to the armours and the mystic forge doesn’t accept me putting my armour there.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Any pictures of that Legendary Armor?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s the same skin as the ascended one. It’s just that it lets you statswipe and rune and infusion change without destroying the rune or infusion.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.9342

bubby.9342

Yea with the amount of tickets(300) and ascended shards of glory , completing the full set takes 3 seasons if you start from 0 tickets so thats approx 10months or 1 year including off season times . It would be really nice if we could get league tickets by some other way atleast during off season because Wvw and Raid legendary armor is faster compared to this.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Toan.7326

Toan.7326

Yea with the amount of tickets(300) and ascended shards of glory , completing the full set takes 3 seasons if you start from 0 tickets so thats approx 10months or 1 year including off season times . It would be really nice if we could get league tickets by some other way atleast during off season because Wvw and Raid legendary armor is faster compared to this.

I just WoW, PvER is happy

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Not sure if WvW is faster unless literally going for the basic armour it costs 1500 tickets for the armour which is 9 weeks nearly, then you need 1095 tickets which is just over 6 weeks to upgrade each piece. So that’s about 45 weeks assuming you get all tickets in a week. However, no one in their right mind would upgrade just the T2 when the mist forged gets partical effects making it look borderline legendary so add another 10+ weeks for that.

https://m.imgur.com/a/EPxLr

Raids you need 12 weeks for the first set, 24 for the 2nd, that’s nearly half a year per set but here’s the kicker, you have to succeed or pay someone else to succeed for you. PvP and WvW you can lose everything, every fight, every match up, brain afk while playing and still get it. Seems like an ok trade off imo.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

bubby.9342

Not sure if WvW is faster unless literally going for the basic armour it costs 1500 tickets for the armour which is 9 weeks nearly, then you need 1095 tickets which is just over 6 weeks to upgrade each piece. So that’s about 45 weeks assuming you get all tickets in a week. However, no one in their right mind would upgrade just the T2 when the mist forged gets partical effects making it look borderline legendary so add another 10+ weeks for that.

Raids you need 12 weeks for the first set, 24 for the 2nd, that’s nearly half a year per set but here’s the kicker, you have to succeed or pay someone else to succeed for you. PvP and WvW you can lose everything, every fight, every match up, brain afk while playing and still get it. Seems like an ok trade off imo.

No its around 22 weeks for Wvw and i dint elaborate on the precursors yet thats another 1200 ascended shards of glory and almost 400g for grandmaster marks
Pvp is still the slowest way to get them which seems pretty unfair
In case of Wvw :
For full set, 6570 tickets not including precursor cost.
365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks
Precursor cost via Ascended T2 armor = 1310 tickets
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks
+ Legendary conversion cost of 18 weeks
~ 22 weeks*
Cost per Grandmaster is roughly 35 gold now.
20 needed for the full set = 700 gold to get full set 7 weeks faster than the below method.
Precursor cost via Exotic T2 armor to Mistforge Ascended Armor = 1310 tickets + 2620 tickets = 3930 ticktes
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks
~ 29 weeks*
Requires 1500-2000 WvW rank for the Mistforge version.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Bruh, what are you talking about? You get 100 shards for repeating Byzantium chest and there’s no cap on how many times you can repeat it.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

bubby.9342

It doesn’t matter though , the PvP league tickets are the problem
You could farm 10k ascended shards but its pointless the PvP league tickets are capped at 100 for season so thats like 100 tickets for 3 or 3.5 months and we need 300 tickets in total for full legendary set

(edited by bubby.9342)

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

No its around 22 weeks for Wvw and i dint elaborate on the precursors yet thats another 1200 ascended shards of glory and almost 400g for grandmaster marks
Pvp is still the slowest way to get them which seems pretty unfair
In case of Wvw :
For full set, 6570 tickets not including precursor cost.
365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks
Precursor cost via Ascended T2 armor = 1310 tickets
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks
~ 22 weeks*
Cost per Grandmaster is roughly 35 gold now.
20 needed for the full set = 700 gold to get full set 7 weeks faster than the below method.
Precursor cost via Exotic T2 armor to Mistforge Ascended Armor = 1310 tickets + 2620 tickets = 3930 ticktes
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks
~ 29 weeks*
Requires 1500-2000 WvW rank for the Mistforge version.

Oh didn’t see that they’d increased the tickets in WvW this patch, didn’t get to see the change as EU log in issues. 365 halves the time but you can’t just ignore the costs of the precursors when comparing as raids need 12 weeks to get a 2nd precursor set too.

You also can’t upgrade the exotic so I dunno why you’re including that. So that makes it about 4 weeks per legendary piece in WvW which is about 6 months.

For PvP there’s no real time gate on the precursor armour so you only need tickets for upgrading which is 50 tickets per piece, so that’s 2 per season. Seasons last 2 months with a 1 month break in the middle and each season gives 100 tickets. That means you take 6 months to upgrade 4 pieces and if you get all your tickets in the first week of your 3rd season you end up roughly at the same time.

However you can get as many precursor items as you want/need during that time so while yes it does indeed take longer to get the PvP legendary armour (a game mode that clearly doesn’t need it anyway) you are only time gated in upgrading to legendary. Many other modes you are time gated in getting both the legendary and precursor. Choose to take a week off from GW2 and it takes a week longer for WvW and PvE, PvP is far more flexible.

I certainly think WvW is out of line though as you can afk mostly and get all the rewards, all it takes is time but when you’re gold/platinum rank, coming first each skirmish and outnumbered its 15 pips/5mins. So you can farm those pips much easier now taking less time, even without outnumbered I can get 9-10 pips taking about 2 hours to finish a chest.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

oh we finally have a pvp legendary armor that we can change stats at will ???

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I mostly play wvw and was hoping to mix and match with spvp armor, but I only have 400ish ascended shards. Wish I had known, I’d have grinded the recent season enough to get one piece.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Yes. This is the problem. Many Pvpers have spent hundreds of extra tickets on extra ascended back items or llamas since that has always been the only way to spend them. Now the only people that are going to be able to get legendary pvp armor are those that read a-nets mind that they were going to re-purpose this currency.

There should be a way to salvage llamas and back pieces, or merchant them, to get a partial or full ticket refund.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Yes. This is the problem. Many Pvpers have spent hundreds of extra tickets on extra ascended back items or llamas since that has always been the only way to spend them. Now the only people that are going to be able to get legendary pvp armor are those that read a-nets mind that they were going to re-purpose this currency.

There should be a way to salvage llamas and back pieces, or merchant them, to get a partial or full ticket refund.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

bubby.9342

Well you cant salvage llamas if you added them to wardrobe but yea i feel you i spent all my tickets for the shard of glory converter and legendary ascension backpack.
Just increasing the ticket cap per season would help a lot like how Wvw tickets have been increased

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

As much as I wouldn’t be opposed to getting more tickets in PvP, I have to be honest, I really don’t care if I upgrade head/shoulders/hands/feet next season. Body/Legs are already over half the armor’s overall stats combined.

And the way I see it, this just makes legendary Glorious armor that much more prestigious, and also keeps some of the lazier, instant-gratification sorts out of my matches. I don’t really care about the skins(I’d transmute the legendary raid gear if I had it), but I know I’ll be standing out amongst my guild as the only one who can ping a full set of legendary armor with Glorious armor as the base.

And I have no sympathy for people who burned tickets on llamas or extra backpacks. There was absolutely no reason to believe Anet wouldn’t add more to the vendors eventually. And you know? They could also still add more now that they’ve opened the floodgates on legendary trinkets. You put the tickets into llamas and backpacks, which means that you saw some sort of purpose to acquiring them. That purpose has not gone away.

Legendary PvP Armour

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, when are we getting stats changing pvp legendary trinkets ???

still got 5 more !

amulet
ring1
ring2
accessory1
accessory2