Let's talk about Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ArenaNet has been completely silent on warriors.

This either means they think warriors are fine, in which case we all need to go find some other game to play, or they simply don’t care, in which case we all need to go find some other game.

have you played a warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

This either means they think warriors are fine, in which case we all need to go find some other game to play, or they simply don’t care, in which case we all need to go find some other game.

Have you played competitively?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Mesmers complaining about easykill warrior? This thread made my day.One in many.

Good and constructive remark…thank you very much. We feel clever now.
Thank you for coming.

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

It saddens me how blind the warrior community appears to be to the real state of their class.

They say: if you nerf our sustain, we won’t be able to hold/contest points!
But I wonder: Well, which other berserker amulet (including the other heavy class) glass cannon build holds/contests a point alone? None (even if you made a guardian build that could hold a point with zerker amulet he couldn’t contest one).

They say: warrior is in a good place and everybody else is just envious because they are viable now!
But I wonder: does viable mean covering more of the pvp population than (almost) any other two classes combined? Or does viable mean having one build that can do everything that other classes have to specifically spec into on it’s own?

They say: It’s ok for warriors to be stronger than other classes, because they are heavies!
But I wonder: does your brain function properly? Are you not ashamed to post something like that publicly? Do you really believe that, and if you do, do you think that a game that works like that will last?

They say: this game is not balanced around 1v1, because it’s a team game!
But I wonder: does team game mean the same as teamfight game to you? 1v1 matchups are just as important as teamfight capabilities.

Guys, I know being a master class that stands above all else feels good, but wake up. It’s hurting the game. Everybody who doesn’t play a warrior hates warriors at this point. Nobody is asking to make warriors not viable again, but they should be the same as everybody else. If they go glass cannon, they should be squishy. If they go bunker, they should be survivable. If they go CC, they should do less damage.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Have fun waiting 4 months for a 3% reduction in healing signet. Or they just buff everything some more so everything is as brainless as warrior. They are already pretty much at this point. This game is dead.

There wont be another balance patch for at least 3 months. Quit this game is my advice.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: keloorie.6085

keloorie.6085

State of the game pvp balance:
Warrior->Necromancer->Engineer->Ranger->Mesmer->Guardian->Theif->Elementalist

Roll warrior if you want to win.

I am maining necro. When i saw this, i was like , OMG they really think Necro is second after warrior !? XD
These guy here invests a large amount of time in guiding newbie necros and help necro surviving. He did experiments and maths when explaining, and this video may worth to take a look if you think Necro is OP and need further nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Nah, necromancers are fine. This thread isn’t about necros; it’s about warriors.

I think most of the warrior abilities are fine. Healing Signet is waay over the top and scales entirely too well.

I hopped on a full glass cannon Phantasm Mesmer with Beserker gear and hit a warrior tank with a full Phantasmal Beserker. He face tanked it and completely, passively healed from the damage before the Phantasm’s next attack.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

There’s an obvious reason why warriors are so effective with minimal skill. Because there needs to be builds or classes like this for newbies to PvP.

It’s not worth discussing whether or not warriors are too good for low/mid skill players, because that doesn’t matter for top tier pvp.

The question really worth discussing is are warriors OP compared to the other classes when played at their skill cap?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I got an idea how about people ask for balance changes that will help the game, instead of asking for changes that will help themselves. Why do you think we have this problem? People rather bash another profession or ask for buffs to their own than figure out how to work with what they have and counter what is challenging.

So ANET caves over and over and over to these people and every single time its a wack-a-mole over and over.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

They think warriors are in a good spot right now and they wanted to make it harder to deal damage with hammer. You can find that in the patch notes i think.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

There’s an obvious reason why warriors are so effective with minimal skill. Because there needs to be builds or classes like this for newbies to PvP.

It’s not worth discussing whether or not warriors are too good for low/mid skill players, because that doesn’t matter for top tier pvp.

The question really worth discussing is are warriors OP compared to the other classes when played at their skill cap?

When played at skill cap other classes are better than warriors. The problem is that good players already left the game, even before the “warrior problem”.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Have you played competitively?

no. i play for fun!

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior no have Stealth, Minions, near-perma evade or blind spam…

Warriors are easy to kill, just this.

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

Let’s face it gusie, warrior will never be nerfed. Anet is not that stupid.
80% WVW community runs warrior in organized groups, it’s the heart and soul of guild vs guild. Most of Anet’s post-sales revenue comes from WVW, when they made the necro dumbfire change warrior groups just melted by the aoe spamming many wvw guilds quit the game, revenue was impacted big time.
They have learned that in a hard way, that’s why they give warrior 1 button immunity to condition. Healing, shouts, banner ress, immunity are the core wvw mechanism that keep them payroll, they are never gonna be changed.
However the staff ele in the wvw comp can’t sustain as well as warrior in the condition aoe meta, losing the dedicated reset nurses is definitely not gonna be joy. So in their recent patch they gave ele diamond skin and move big staff from adept to minor arcane tier. As long as warriors are happy, the viability of dd ele, sd ele, staff ele in contest mode is simply ignored.
A warrior might start roaming in wvw in the down time and you certainly don’t want to make him frustrated by the lack of mobility. The longest immunity time + best mobility is a given.
Anet is simply doing the right thing to put their limited resource in the right place to maximize their profit. In the first place they will prevent branching pvp from wvw traits becuz 1 it’s too expensive to maintain 2 spvp community is too small and revenue is tiny. They made a mistake with the ‘dumbfire’ trait kitten ing off every1 including necro mainer but they are too good to rollback. They are simply doing the right thing to keep warriors happy.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Let’s face it gusie, warrior will never be nerfed. Anet is not that stupid.
80% WVW community runs warrior in organized groups, it’s the heart and soul of guild vs guild. Most of Anet’s post-sales revenue comes from WVW, when they made the necro dumbfire change warrior groups just melted by the aoe spamming many wvw guilds quit the game, revenue was impacted big time.
They have learned that in a hard way, that’s why they give warrior 1 button immunity to condition. Healing, shouts, banner ress, immunity are the core wvw mechanism that keep them payroll, they are never gonna be changed.
However the staff ele in the wvw comp can’t sustain as well as warrior in the condition aoe meta, losing the dedicated reset nurses is definitely not gonna be joy. So in their recent patch they gave ele diamond skin and move big staff from adept to minor arcane tier. As long as warriors are happy, the viability of dd ele, sd ele, staff ele in contest mode is simply ignored.
A warrior might start roaming in wvw in the down time and you certainly don’t want to make him frustrated by the lack of mobility. The longest immunity time + best mobility is a given.
Anet is simply doing the right thing to put their limited resource in the right place to maximize their profit. In the first place they will prevent branching pvp from wvw traits becuz 1 it’s too expensive to maintain 2 spvp community is too small and revenue is tiny. They made a mistake with the ‘dumbfire’ trait kitten ing off every1 including necro mainer but they are too good to rollback. They are simply doing the right thing to keep warriors happy.

aaaah i see.
thanks for sharing this with us!

well as long as they are making monies, we will still continue get to play guild wars 2, i can live with that.

and yes, the “pure” 100% sPvP only players population is too low to be of any real significant monetizing potential anyway.

better to focus on attracting existing PvE / WvW players.

yes, this mean my precious healing signet would still be useful!

in PvP

Posted by: Ashendari.3128

Ashendari.3128

Sensotix thank you for your post. Being a Necromancer I have to say its deeply frustrating to have no contest against Hambow no matter how much skill I have. A skilled warrior will always kill a condi necro and even a power necro.

I played a solo join yesterday and i was retaking home point (trying to anyway) and a hambow warrior was sitting on point. I was geared for taking them on with flesh wurm, spectral walk and corrupt boon as my utilities. I had dual energy sigils as well. I did not get hit once by hammer and i was far away when he popped zerker stance. When it fell off I thought i had my chance to kill him. I condi spammed him with poison from scepter + scepter 2 and dagger 5, corrupted stability and chain feared him. When the fear ran out he had 75% hp still. I kept condi spamming but he kept using adrenaline and cleansing ire was removing everything without him even trying.

The longbow has more attrition than a necro does all together and i eventually fell after keeping my distance. I was trying out the build Posi was using in the ESL cup #9 if anyone wants to know.

What I think should be fixed is healing signet. Warriors don’t need to worry about pressing 6 with this thing. Poison does little to counter this despite what people say.

Zerker stance should not be immune to fear from a necromancers position it is the only counter CC we have.

Necros have less sustain than before they obtained dhuumfire and not many have been taken in the last few ESL cups.

Warriors are in too good of a spot to ignore and so far my only counter to one is to use lich form.

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

It saddens me how blind the warrior community appears to be to the real state of their class.

They say: if you nerf our sustain, we won’t be able to hold/contest points!
But I wonder: Well, which other berserker amulet (including the other heavy class) glass cannon build holds/contests a point alone? None (even if you made a guardian build that could hold a point with zerker amulet he couldn’t contest one).

They say: warrior is in a good place and everybody else is just envious because they are viable now!
But I wonder: does viable mean covering more of the pvp population than (almost) any other two classes combined? Or does viable mean having one build that can do everything that other classes have to specifically spec into on it’s own?

They say: It’s ok for warriors to be stronger than other classes, because they are heavies!
But I wonder: does your brain function properly? Are you not ashamed to post something like that publicly? Do you really believe that, and if you do, do you think that a game that works like that will last?

They say: this game is not balanced around 1v1, because it’s a team game!
But I wonder: does team game mean the same as teamfight game to you? 1v1 matchups are just as important as teamfight capabilities.

Guys, I know being a master class that stands above all else feels good, but wake up. It’s hurting the game. Everybody who doesn’t play a warrior hates warriors at this point. Nobody is asking to make warriors not viable again, but they should be the same as everybody else. If they go glass cannon, they should be squishy. If they go bunker, they should be survivable. If they go CC, they should do less damage.

i agree with most things you said , too bad Warriors cant understand this…But i guess after dominating the hl pvp scene and getting into top 50 from nowhere just cause they were playing a broken build/class didnt hlp to be honnest towards themself

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

2 words – healing signet.

As a thief, warriors are the only class in which if I don’t constantly keep 100% pressure on them, the second I try to peel off and re-engage, they would already have all their HP back. It takes a lot more effort in killing a warrior because of heal sig. Of course the combination of other things as well – I.E: if they bring endure pain…but healing signet IS the #1 problem. They could have kept the hammer damage if they would just nerf heal signet.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

hm do you play competetively?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i dun play competitively.
but, have you been warrior competitively?

lets look at what you wrote:

Let’s come to warrior:
The problem with warrior is that it is almost impossible to counter warriors if they are playing it right

please tell me, have you played 10s, or 100s games of solo arena or team arena with the warrior, and playing it right, and you found it that, other people are impossible to counter your warrior?

did you?

i did not, so i dunno. you are obviously a very experienced competitive player so i am asking you. please reply. thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: TRoopEr.5364

TRoopEr.5364

good mesmer > good warrior

24/7.

Kite=win.

master your skills. stop whine.

You know. As a warrior you need to do pressure 24/7 you need to train target – that means you can’t do clever dodges on skillshots. You are forced to eat them with your stances. Stances down – you are food. You recive all aoe dmg on node, all retel dmg, all cc’s everything. You can’t make reliable kite dmg like other have. If some1 bursted you and you are forced to kite you are not doing dmg like others.

In first post we see that warrior is GOOD at a lot of stuff, but not best in anything.

warrior = pork – good meat but if you want stake you take beef.

And warrior never good in duels. Because of telegraphic animation. Dmg him he pop stances. Run away/dodge/kite whatever. Finish him. Ez.

The only kitten that need nerf is long term conditions. Longbow 5 and offsword impale skill. Reduce cd and reduce duration.

I eventualy fought a warrior he hit me twice. 1 pindown and 1 with his offhand skill. I finished him but i still had kittening 20 secs of conditions on me that put me downstate ;O

www.guildwars2pro.com – Leagues and tournaments.

www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye sure kite a warrior – how long? 30 sec? 40 ? 50? or more than 1 min? to kill him?

seriously

1 min while he is sitting on the node and i have to play godlike to not come near the warrior cause i would be so dead while he is jsut sitting there and smash his face on keyboard?

seriously – stop smoking

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No, no, if you played Godlike, you wouldn’t be complaining about warriors in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

ye sure kite a warrior – how long? 30 sec? 40 ? 50? or more than 1 min? to kill him?

10 sec after activation of stances. If you have trouble with 10 sec of disengaging or with fighting against opponent without utility CD-s, then your problem not in class balance.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No, no, if you played Godlike, you wouldn’t be complaining about warriors in the first place.

therefore, all topics about warriors being imbalanced is invalid.
because no godlike warrior player has come forth to prove themselves to be godlike.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

seriously – its wasting of time to post anything here with this guys

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

seriously – its wasting of time to post anything here with this guys

Romek, have you played a warrior in solo arena / team arena many, many times and felt very god like?

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

good mesmer > good warrior

24/7.

Kite=win.

master your skills. stop whine.

You know. As a warrior you need to do pressure 24/7 you need to train target – that means you can’t do clever dodges on skillshots. You are forced to eat them with your stances. Stances down – you are food. You recive all aoe dmg on node, all retel dmg, all cc’s everything. You can’t make reliable kite dmg like other have. If some1 bursted you and you are forced to kite you are not doing dmg like others.

In first post we see that warrior is GOOD at a lot of stuff, but not best in anything.

warrior = pork – good meat but if you want stake you take beef.

And warrior never good in duels. Because of telegraphic animation. Dmg him he pop stances. Run away/dodge/kite whatever. Finish him. Ez.

The only kitten that need nerf is long term conditions. Longbow 5 and offsword impale skill. Reduce cd and reduce duration.

I eventualy fought a warrior he hit me twice. 1 pindown and 1 with his offhand skill. I finished him but i still had kittening 20 secs of conditions on me that put me downstate ;O

This guy has it right and actually shows a lot of experience in what he says.

in PvP

Silferas.3841

@Trooper:

let’s sum it all up:
reduction in soft cc duration (cripple, chill, immobilize) which gives extra regen
self-condition cleansing every 7 seconds (let’s only count longbow as it’s 100% reliable), which includes soft cc and poison which is supposed to counter warrior sustain
immunity to hard cc
immunity to conditions including soft cc
immunity to direct damage
close to permanent swiftness
soft or hard ranged cc or gap closer on every weapon (hammer cripple/f1, mace offhand knockdown, axe cripple, sword leap, GS leap/whirl/cripple, ect.)
passive sustain that outheals majority of other classes’ heals with no active requirement

generic other direct dps class (same category as warrior):
no reduction in soft cc duration, including melee specs like d/d ele or similar
sparse condition removal options on long cooldowns, as everything needs to be focused on damage to deal sufficient burst
all immunities are either self-impairing (distortion on mesmer breaks all your clones, so you can’t shatter, mist form or elixir S make you unable to take action ect.), or non-existent at all (weapon skills are another topic, but warrior has shield to cover that)
swiftness comes in short durations on long cooldowns, or not at all (mesmer, d/d or scepter ele, thief on any spec …)
cc is very rare, usually only 1 or 2 skills in the whole build that are a necessity to land to deal your burst.
Active defense mechanics and sustain, that require timing, positioning and can be interrupted most of the time or outright outplayed (the sole exception being stealth, to which you can still deal damage quite easily because of the ridiculous AoE from longbow)

So you are basically telling us to go, and kite a warrior that is immune to everything we throw at him, is faster than us, unlike us can use crowd control of which he has plenty, and will eat me alive as long as he lands almost any of his skills (be it cripple or immobilize or stun or knockback or w/e), and most importantly has defense mechanics that cannot be outplayed and don’t impair him at all, on the contrary even boost him up (zerker stance adrenaline regen).

And all of this is supposed to happen while he is standing on my node, capping it.

There are builds that can do that. Those builds are abominations that disgust everyone who dares fight against them, and they exist only because warriors have pushed the fun builds that took skill to play out of the game.

Wake up warriors. Having a build that does everything very well is detrimental to the game. You MUST sacrifice something in order to be good at something else.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Trooper:

let’s sum it all up:
reduction in soft cc duration (cripple, chill, immobilize) which gives extra regen
self-condition cleansing every 7 seconds (let’s only count longbow as it’s 100% reliable), which includes soft cc and poison which is supposed to counter warrior sustain
immunity to hard cc
soft or hard ranged cc or gap closer on every weapon (hammer cripple/f1, mace offhand knockdown, axe cripple, sword leap, GS leap/whirl/cripple, ect.)
passive sustain that outheals majority of other classes’ heals with no active requirement

sparse condition removal options on long cooldowns, as everything needs to be focused on damage to deal sufficient burst
all immunities are either self-impairing (distortion on mesmer breaks all your clones, so you can’t shatter, mist form or elixir S make you unable to take action ect.), or non-existent at all (weapon skills are another topic, but warrior has shield to cover that)
swiftness comes in short durations on long cooldowns, or not at all (mesmer, d/d or scepter ele, thief on any spec …)
cc is very rare, usually only 1 or 2 skills in the whole build that are a necessity to land to deal your burst.
Active defense mechanics and sustain, that require timing, positioning and can be interrupted most of the time or outright outplayed (the sole exception being stealth, to which you can still deal damage quite easily because of the ridiculous AoE from longbow)

So you are basically telling us to go, and kite a warrior that is immune to everything we throw at him, is faster than us, unlike us can use crowd control of which he has plenty, and will eat me alive as long as he lands almost any of his skills (be it cripple or immobilize or stun or knockback or w/e), and most importantly has defense mechanics that cannot be outplayed and don’t impair him at all, on the contrary even boost him up (zerker stance adrenaline regen).

And all of this is supposed to happen while he is standing on my node, capping it.

There are builds that can do that. Those builds are abominations that disgust everyone who dares fight against them, and they exist only because warriors have pushed the fun builds that took skill to play out of the game.

Wake up warriors. Having a build that does everything very well is detrimental to the game. You MUST sacrifice something in order to be good at something else.

all theories.
have you played warrior yourself?
please reply.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

i dun play competitively.
but, have you been warrior competitively?

lets look at what you wrote:

Let’s come to warrior:
The problem with warrior is that it is almost impossible to counter warriors if they are playing it right

please tell me, have you played 10s, or 100s games of solo arena or team arena with the warrior, and playing it right, and you found it that, other people are impossible to counter your warrior?

did you?

i did not, so i dunno. you are obviously a very experienced competitive player so i am asking you. please reply. thank you.

i played over 250 tournament games with warrior in the top 100 and won around 200 of them thats why i am writing this thread because i have actually played this class and know how it works

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i played over 250 tournament games with warrior in the top 100 and won around 200 of them thats why i am writing this thread because i have actually played this class and know how it works

okies! thanks for the clarification.
i apologize for not treating you with proper respect.

but please try not to nerf warrior too much until they are useless.
casual warriors are not godlike unlike you experienced tournament players!

in PvP

TRoopEr.5364

@Trooper:

let’s sum it all up:
immunity to hard cc

If you go stance build you never take 33% reduction on cripple and kitten because it is no use,because you can remove it faster then it expire with cleansing ire/lyssa stuff. So why you point out this WvsWvsW trait in spvp theme?

immune to CC – so 8-10 secs of stability – i can do some running/evading/blinking/stealthing OHWAIT i can convert it into fear or even shatter it ? Problem – no. Guardian have better stability.

Immune to conditions – let’s say 8 seconds out of 60 secs CD. I am condi class i am engi – i dodge/block/run till it end. I am ranger – i just do my cool dodge mechanics daze him and do burst dmg from pet/spirit. I am necro – okey i will have hard time, i need to dodge good and stunbreak first stun asap with my spectral walk and kite with it, after that bye bye warrior i have insta doom combo. MESMER NULLFIELD give you and your party members nearly same condi immune dude. and it has lower CD and AOE.

Immunity to direct dmg. Nearly all classes have there stuff as immunity to dirrect dmg. But you know. It is only 6 seconds. It works only as catching bursts/ressing or eating dmg while trying to do dmg like other classes do. Out of 6 seconds stuff i am food.

Permaswiftness. All can get it. Not a problem.

Then dude you say that i have hammer/bow/shield and all at once. Rly good idea. I want 1handed hammer.

And this stances are not passive defense like you call it. They are active. If you use it brainless you will die and loose every skrimish.

Warrior cleansing ire removing same conditions as rangers trait that pet eat condies.

IF you say warrior has too much CC in team fight – your guard is bad. Time stability not only for stomp/ress use it as active defense. But wait

The problem that i see. Warrior is easy to play and very easy to punish bad players with it. And majority of gw2 spvp players are bad.

in PvP

TRoopEr.5364

This is not the experience you get to judge warriors state.

current “competetive” spvp scene give 0 experience to players.

in PvP

Silferas.3841

@Deimos: yes, I have actually played a warrior myself. For the purpose of learning and understanding I have done about 100 tournament matches on my warrior, a vast majority of which were victories, and I can assure you, that facing a warrior at my (average skill level, where majority of the players are) level, and beating him takes way more skill and focus than playing the warrior and beating someone.

(edited by Silferas.3841)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I have over 7k matches on warrior, and agree elements need toning down for sure. The worst part is they hard counter a lot of high skill cap builds, which isn’t fun.

Most of the suggestions on this thread are laughable though, gotta love forums.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Silferas.3841

@Trooper: so only warriors can judge warriors? Don’t you think that no warrior would ever want their class nerfed, especially when they are having such an easy time last few months? Leaving class balance to the players of the class alone will result in power creep, as classes who are underperforming will keep asking for buffs, which will in turn bring new passive bullkitten into the game and make it unplayable for everyone.

So how would you like if we changed shatter mesmer, so that it would be immune to conditions, have a long term invulnerability that DOESN’T prevent point capture/loss, give it access to high duration swiftness, stability and turned F1 to also give long duration stun on land with 3 illusions, F2 to make a large confusion field on the node and overall kitten it up?

Because mesmers are the dueling class, I, as a mesmer player, feel it’s uncanny that we might have a hard time dueling anything! Mesmer like that would be balanced! And good for the game!

^ post above is meant to display the current warrior mentality on a different class, it is by no means a serious suggestion

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Everyone can judge warriors. Just when some people talk about risk vs reward they should “clean their own house” (profession) first and then they could try to help to clean the others.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

@Trooper: so only warriors can judge warriors? Don’t you think that no warrior would ever want their class nerfed, especially when they are having such an easy time last few months? Leaving class balance to the players of the class alone will result in power creep, as classes who are underperforming will keep asking for buffs, which will in turn bring new passive bullkitten into the game and make it unplayable for everyone.

So how would you like if we changed shatter mesmer, so that it would be immune to conditions, have a long term invulnerability that DOESN’T prevent point capture/loss, give it access to high duration swiftness, stability and turned F1 to also give long duration stun on land with 3 illusions, F2 to make a large confusion field on the node and overall kitten it up?

Because mesmers are the dueling class, I, as a mesmer player, feel it’s uncanny that we might have a hard time dueling anything! Mesmer like that would be balanced! And good for the game!

^ post above is meant to display the current warrior mentality on a different class, it is by no means a serious suggestion

only true invul and stealth prevent capturing points. Warrior dont have any of those. (ok the new healing stance gives you invul)

“So how would you like if we changed shatter mesmer, so that it would be immune to conditions, have a long term invulnerability that DOESN’T prevent point capture/loss, give it access to high duration swiftness, stability and turned F1 to also give long duration stun on land with 3 illusions, F2 to make a large confusion field on the node and overall kitten it up?”

I could live with that but without the stealth, ports, clones and phantasm.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Part of the problem with warrior:

1. New player buys gw2
2. Reads about PvE online and sees that warrior is the best class
3. As they level up, learn “use 100b, things die”
4. Reinforced by all PvE content
5. Get to 80 and decide “I am good, I want to try PvP”
6. Try to walk up to opponents and 100b but it doesn’t work
7a. (In the past) Decide PvP sucks and quit
7b. (Now) Someone tells them about hambow and they start winning. They continue to play. All is not vain.

tl;dr: because of conditioning in PvE, some warriors expect to win easily in PvP and will quit if they do not so ANet made an easy mode

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Deimos: yes, I have actually played a warrior myself. For the purpose of learning and understanding I have done about 100 tournament matches on my warrior, a vast majority of which were victories, and I can assure you, that facing a warrior and beating him takes way more skill and focus than playing the warrior and beating someone.

oooo okies!
thanks for the clarification!

errr okies then please dun nerf warrior too much.
casual warriors want to have some fun too.
i.e. casual sPvP players find fun in sPvP by not kissing the floor too often

by the way, how would you feel, if adrenal health requires 25 trait points instead of 15 trait points?

in PvP

TRoopEr.5364

I will repeat.

People whine about warriors because it is way to easy to play and way to easy to stomp bad players. And majority(vaste majority) of gw2 spvp playerbase rightnow and past 3 month are bad.

remove kitten lyssa from game and all happy.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I will repeat.

People whine about warriors because it is way to easy to play and way to easy to stomp bad players. And majority(vaste majority) of gw2 spvp playerbase rightnow and past 3 month are bad.

but now we have 2 people who played warrior in tournaments, won tournaments, with us, saying warrior is powerful, how? O_O

in PvP

TRoopEr.5364

I will repeat.

but now we have 2 people who played warrior in tournaments, won tournaments, with us, saying warrior is powerful, how? O_O

bad players can’t win tournaments? they win against other bads but with less ez classes/specs.
When i mean majority i can say that there are around 50 good players in all europe spvp community

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Part of the problem with warrior:

1. New player buys gw2
2. Reads about PvE online and sees that warrior is the best class
3. As they level up, learn “use 100b, things die”
4. Reinforced by all PvE content
5. Get to 80 and decide “I am good, I want to try PvP”
6. Try to walk up to opponents and 100b but it doesn’t work
7a. (In the past) Decide PvP sucks and quit
7b. (Now) Someone tells them about hambow and they start winning. They continue to play. All is not vain.

tl;dr: because of conditioning in PvE, some warriors expect to win easily in PvP and will quit if they do not so ANet made an easy mode

Good luck with that. lol

I kill new hambows faster than a thief who dances in combustive shot (and that was pre nerf).

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I will repeat.

Warriors have as much mobility as a thief, the best health regen in the game, (and it’s passive!), the second best access to stability, heavy armor, some of the best condition removal in the game, and an AoE fire field that can permanently cover an entire node.

Give any profession that much capability and they’ll WTFstomp everyone else.

It’s dumb.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Too few good answers on the OP.
Too many PvE/WvW and Beginners trashtalking.: Think Mesmer is superior to Warrior in capture points, think mesmer is easy to play, don’t understand how mesmer actually works, but write things like: “The main source of damage in a shatter build are phantasms”.
With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

I will repeat.

Deimos you just need to realise one thing.

They probably have more matches with their main class and when their class was represented in top tier class they never create a topic to nerf their class.

Welcome to GW2 forums.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Too few good answers on the OP.
Too many PvE/WvW and Beginners trashtalking.: Think Mesmer is superior to Warrior in capture points, think mesmer is easy to play, don’t understand how mesmer actually works, but write things like: “The main source of damage in a shatter build are phantasms”.
With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk.

Mesmer is easy to play, a good mesmer destroys good warriors.

“With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk”

Agree with this one.

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I will repeat.

Warriors have as much mobility as a thief, the best health regen in the game, (and it’s passive!), the second best access to stability, heavy armor, some of the best condition removal in the game, and an AoE fire field that can permanently cover an entire node.

Give any profession that much capability and they’ll WTFstomp everyone else.

It’s dumb.

@Thedenofsin, If I understand it correctly, I think what TRoopEr is explaining is that a warrior is very strong against anyone that is not super experienced.

I spectated a hot-join match the other day. There was an inexperienced D/D thief and an inexperienced hambow warrior.
The warrior never used his hammer. He stayed in longbow and was back paddling while fighting the thief. The thief was a bit more active, he did weapon swap and he did dodge.
None of them was any good, but the warrior still won. Once he faced better people, and still didn’t weapon swap, didn’t dodge, didn’t do anything really other than shooting his bow, of course he lost.

Now you can say; that was a hot-join match and that tournaments are different. Hopefully, people are a bit more experienced.

However, the system will try to pair you with people that are at approximately at the same skill level as yourself.

If one class performs a lot better with a lower skill level than the others, then that class will have an advantage when facing players at their own level.
If one class/spec is a lot easier to play than the other is, and if the two are not a hard counter to one another, then the person playing the hard spec/class will have to be a lot more experienced to win.

I am not one of the 50 players mentioned, so I can’t say if the warrior is still a problem in the fights that concern a very small percentage of the total players base.
Since most of us do not belong amongst those 50, it is a problem for many of us.

I guess in the perfect world, each class should have hard and easy specs to play.
The hard to play spec (if played correctly) should outperform the easy to play spec.
That is not the case for some classes/specs at the moment. The warrior is not alone in this though.