Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

Lets see….

-This is already the second post you started on the topic
-Weren’t you even quoting a dev on these changes? I don’t see how that equals to some ninja nerf
-Title is confusing

Condi is getting buffed, L2P, stop crying and adapt your old build to something better that actually uses the main class mechanic more.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

“l2p?”

LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF. Crying? Make a well thought out reply and stop parroting.

Mesmerising Girl

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Turret Mesmer got nuked yes. L2P now.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I crafted, not bought, my legendary and have 12K+ AP and Dragon rank.. You learn to play. ANET apparently trashed a favorite build secretly and I’m not happy about it.

You learn to think for yourself instead of parroting the latest “cool” snark on forums.

Mesmerising Girl

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The condition application and change to PU boons were a while ago, and were in the patch notes.
PU is good still just not great for conquest. (It never was)
New changes to the traits are looking very promising for build variation for mesmer, including condition.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I crafted, not bought, my legendary and have 12K+ AP and Dragon rank.. You learn to play. ANET apparently trashed a favorite build secretly and I’m not happy about it.

You learn to think for yourself instead of parroting the latest “cool” snark on forums.

Uhm, I don’t want to meddle with it too much, but so what? O.o

I have had my Legendary for over a year because nothing says Disco better than The Moot, got Dragon like any other who has played and won over 500~ or something matches, apparently got like 13k+ AP and I freaking suck badly O.o

All these things have absolutely nothing to do with the mechanical knowledge of PvP, buildcrafting or the in depth intricacy of countering your enemy

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

All these things have absolutely nothing to do with the mechanical knowledge of PvP, buildcrafting or the in depth intricacy of countering your enemy

Ssshhhh the masses will start getting ideas above their station if you start saying things like that (we don’t want another revolution on our hands).

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The clone death traits and PU were nerfed quite a while ago due to massive complaints back then(last summer I believe)

So It’s really not a stealth nerf. It might be just you who missed the moment.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@googlebrandon.. Sorry that you say you suck. My point was that I know how to play. I have a favorite build that was NEVER shown to be OP. It beat a dev.. and so is now being crushed out of the game entirely.

I’ve gotten some of my win percentage back since I last posted ( just over 50% atm ) perhaps the string of losses were just the influx of thieves and noobs doing dailies.

-edit- No this isn’t an L2P issue. I’m winning a slender majority of my games at the moment. That’s probably pretty good as Mesmers go.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

It was a hyperbole of course…

Quick research would’ve shown you that I got no negative W/L Ratio (total) on record – which means that out of the 3.5k games I played, I must’ve done something right (Or I got carried hard most of the times)

However, I am far from the most techincal player, despite all the “amazing feats” on my account… Did I also mention having 13 characters fully equipped and level 80? I don’t know what it means, but I got it

The main point of it was, you can have all the AP’s you want, you can have that Dragon Finisher, or have it twice; It does not signify your capabilties within the game, so there is no reason to brag about it… Saying “This is not a L2P issue” instead would’ve sufficed

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Googlebrandon, yes, I have 16 80’s and at least one level 80 in every class on my main account. 6 Mesmers.. not sure the current count since I deleted some that were played seldom. Also “Been there, Done That” and some of the other titles.

You’re dead wrong. Even trying not to learn.. with 4800 + hours in and 2300+ games… I would inevitably develop some skills. Dragon Rank is meaningful, even if it’s fashionable to discount it.

This is not a “l2p” issue. I’m foul sick of people knee jerking with “l2p” like parrots.

I know how to play reasonably well. My point is that ANET destroyed a build that I like and have had success with simply because a dev lost to it.

That is very uncool.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Dude stop whining about clone death being nerfed. Not to mention our overall condi application for mesmers got buffed.
Seriously just stop.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

You missed the irony in my posts…

No, numbers do not matter for your skill – else a certain European Prince would’ve been the best player known to man, and I think I speak for everyone who knows him that his skill level is not something worth considering…

I am not here to berate you on learning to play – I am telling you that you should not take so much emphasis on void achievements… Dragon Ranks were practically given away, and you can grind it fairly easy in hotjoin. I am making my second legendary purely from what I get as a daily log in reward, which means my patience, not my skill will be rewarded. I got as many characters as I do because I had left-over gold, and gear is extremely easy to get by just grinding a few games in PvP

All in all, does this make me a better player than someone who has played less than I? I do not think so, and neither does my W/L (56%) ratio represent it, nor my MMR

Again, just saying “This is not a L2P issue” would have sufficed, because the amount of gear or time you spend to not translate directly into your skill. While after a few thousand hours most people are able to learn the game – others still do not get it after literally playing non-stop for days

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

“l2p?”

LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF. Crying? Make a well thought out reply and stop parroting.

Your first thread didn’t get far since no one else rly wanted to make clone death baseline (not even other mesmers like me), then you make another thread where you baselessly accuse anet for ninja nerfing… On both threads you claim this is only happening because some anet dev got destroyed by it.

All this does seem like figuratively crying to me. Don’t you think the devs have actual reasons? Have you considered these kind of builds are not fun to play against? Counterplay is limited? It’s low skill and doesn’t promote using the main class mechanic?

You also say you’ll be now put back a year (pvp skill? Effectiveness?), and stuck with an ineffective build. To me this does imply a L2P issue, literally learn to play another build…. Come on, they’re even buffing some of the good stuff.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

L2P

:D

15/charrs

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

You don’t need to be so Toxic OP. This is an MMO. Builds get gutted and new builds become viable every update. That’s just how it works. Stomping your feet and yelling at members of this community won’t change anything about that. The only thing you can do is figure out how to adapt. I’m sure you’ll find a new build, eventually. After HoT comes out mesmers look like their going to be in a very good position.

I wouldn’t worry too much.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Title is misleading, sounds like ANet nerfed stealth.

At any rate, you make it sound like ANet was at all secretive about this change or hid it. They openly acknowledged they were phasing clone-death traits out of mesmer with the changes. This is no stealth nerf and I think you know it. This is a blatant nerf. ANet was blunt about it this time, they’re not being ninjas here.

And sure, nerfs are bad and you can be upset, but don’t make it sound like ANet was being unnecessarily rude like doing a ninja nerf here.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Ssshhhh the masses will start getting ideas above their station if you start saying things like that (we don’t want another revolution on our hands).

Don’t worry it will still fly past their heads. Plus they need some sort of a way to measure their… um… “skill”… yes, so they won’t acknowledge it anyway.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

“l2p?”

Increase your in game skill with self education.

AKA

Learn to play

Baer

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Check my post history, I rarely say l2p if I did at all.

But I have to say this to you OP: learn to play another mesmer build, it’s not that hard. Thousands of hours on that clone death cancer? I feel sorry for the players who had to play against you. That build deprived fun from the game, made people quit, and lost ANet a ton of revenue. Of course I expect ANet to nerf it. I’m sorry but your /cry doesn’t get more sympathy from me more than a l2p

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Perhaps a better way to put it: learn to adapt. All professions are getting changes. All professions loose some specs. But overall it’s for the better of all of them. Conclusion: Learn to adapt. No the sky is not falling because your favorite build gets shafted. In fact you will have at least 3 new builds you love, but you don’t realize it. And that part ‘not realizing yet’ is your Issue OP. I think this is like your 20th ‘omg this is nerfed’ thread since launch of gw2, and you should have a more open perspective by now on skill changes.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Mesmer Stealth Nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

Sorry OP, but clone death has never even been a good build, let alone OP. The reason that clone death works in certain brackets is because players are ignorant about it. I’ve played several different clone death builds, and by their very nature, they work by baiting the enemy into attacking you, if the enemy simply does not fight you, or fights you in a certain way, your build is going to do nothing at all.

Most mesmers (myself included) run very squishy, high burst builds which merit constant focus, while clone death plays on this by thriving when focused. More experienced players will immediately realize what you are running, and play arouond you accordingly. My guess is that what happened is that you simply found your way into a higher MMR bracket after the matchmaking change, and your build no longer works against more experienced players. The simple fact is that, to stay competitive, you may have to change your build and slightly relearn your playstyle.

[IX]