Most cheesy builds you see in top 250.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

What are the most cheesy builds to you? These are the most cheesy from season 5 and season 4.

1. The guardian class
2. Evade spamming thiefs that literally do not ever get hit twice in a row.
3. Power burst mes that can burst for 15k+ on a single target repeatedly from stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

TBH cheese is such a subjective thing. You need to first define what is considered “cheese”. My defition is two things: A) you can put it into a completely new players hands and they will do well with it up until say low gold. B) How little counters a build possesses.
That being said it kind of narrows down how many “cheese” builds there are. So making lists like these are kind of pointless without making these distinctions. Just my two cents.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in PvP

JayAction.9056

In this scenario we are assuming everyone is as capable as can be at whatever class they are playing…

And cheese is being defined as to how possible/likely it is to outplay the mechanics of said “cheese” specs, rather than the person at the other end of the computer.

The three I listed are the most op in my opinion, from most to least prevalent.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

D/D condi thief
P/P condi stealth trap thief
Staff/Staff infidodge thief
Full trap zerk DH
Power Mantra Mesmer
Zerker staff “kamikaze” elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

How about anyone who used a HOT spec line?

Since all the threads are about how OP any of the classes are.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

D/D condi thief
P/P condi stealth trap thief
Staff/Staff infidodge thief
Full trap zerk DH
Power Mantra Mesmer
Zerker staff “kamikaze” elementalist

You forget about bearbow pew pew build.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Hold on I’m confused…is this a thread about top250 or about silver builds now?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Evade spam staff or condition thief.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s actually just ‘what makes me salty’

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Pls dont say you get salty over p/p thief and that you are top 250. Its just offensive to at least 249 people, or should be. Only class that can be cheesy at a high rank is druid.

EDIT: And maybe engi

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

(edited by Sorem.9157)

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

it’s actually just ‘what makes me salty’

Nah about people who never seen how match in legendary/platinum looks like…even on stream…

oh wait maybe they are talking about NA ranked…then we should add turret engi.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

D/D thief is the only really cheesey build. It’s sole purpose is to troll. Does very little damage but is nearly unkillable for zero effort. Turret engi 2.0.

in PvP

JayAction.9056

My op is pertaining to the top 250. However, people are free to share what they find is op at whatever level of play they are at.

Are you in the top 250 or have you played in legend since season 4? If so, you should be able to see how I came to my conclusion no explanation…

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

My op is pertaining to the top 250. However, people are free to share what they find is op at whatever level of play they are at.

Are you in the top 250 or have you played in legend since season 4? If so, you should be able to see how I came to my conclusion no explanation…

Meditrapper is far from cheesy. So is power shatter.

I’m ranked higher than you.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

JayAction.9056

I main rev, and my ratings are from pure solo q.

Your in naru’s guild? I can assume that only means you are a worse performing guardian which means you’re probably not that great. Am I wrong?

I didn’t specify medi trapper, and I’m not even going to lie and say I know the specifics of that specific build enough to know what skills are slotted. That wasn’t the point I was trying to make.

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Ruru.1302

Your in naru’s guild? I can assume that only means you are a worse performing guardian which means you’re probably not that great. Am I wrong?

I didn’t specify medi trapper, and I’m not even going to lie and say I know the specifics of that specific build enough to know what skills are slotted. That wasn’t the point I was trying to make.

You didn’t specify meditrapper, instead you generalized to the entire guardian class. I refuted it by providing a counterexample in meditrapper.

I play thief, dh, druid, rev, mesmer in that order. Obviously I’ll be a worse performing guardian than #1 on the ladder, lol. Also tbh, I didn’t even have to look at your rating. I know you are ranked lower than me because whenever I got queued into you, you were a free win.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

JayAction.9056

You didn’t specify meditrapper, instead you generalized to the entire guardian class. I refuted it by providing a counterexample in meditrapper.

I play thief, dh, druid, rev, mesmer in that order. Obviously I’ll be a worse performing guardian than #1 on the ladder, lol. Also tbh, I didn’t even have to look at your rating. I know you are ranked lower than me because whenever I got queued into you, you were a free win.

Guardian has multiple specs in the class that perform better than the majority of specs available in game. If you can throw together something that doesn’t work that’s find and dandy. That means you’re good at making bad builds?

The only time I’ve ever been a “free win” is when I get team mates outside of plat and I’m solo Qing 1800.

But I mean if the best performing Rev NA is a free win that probably says something eh?

in PvP

Ruru.1302

Guardian has multiple specs in the class that perform better than the majority of specs available in game. If you can throw together something that doesn’t work that’s find and dandy. That means you’re good at making bad builds?

The only time I’ve ever been a “free win” is when I get team mates outside of plat and I’m solo Qing 1800.

But I mean if the best performing Rev NA is a free win that probably says something eh?

I do agree that guardians have multiple builds that could be considered cheesy (symbol and burn) but to generalize and say that the ENTIRE class is cheesy when they have a build that clearly isn’t is quite wrong.

Of course you’re a free win when you played random kitten like sword axe rev. You also aren’t “the best performing rev NA”. Wang, Ementon, Rev of Boa, Helio, (whoever rank #76 is, I recognize his account but don’t know his IGN). I’ll even throw in Pony Slaystation.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

JayAction.9056

I do agree that guardians have multiple builds that could be considered cheesy (symbol and burn) but to generalize and say that the ENTIRE class is cheesy when they have a build that clearly isn’t is quite wrong.

Of course you’re a free win when you played random kitten like sword axe rev. You also aren’t “the best performing rev NA”. Wang, Ementon, Rev of Boa, Helio, (whoever rank #76 is, I recognize his account but don’t know his IGN). I’ll even throw in Pony Slaystation.

I trash all those people, especially Rev of Boa lmfao. Quit disrespecting me bro.

Pony plays thief not rev.

Ask your friend naru about me.

Whatever I play is meta. Even if it’s not meta

in PvP

Ruru.1302

I trash all those people, especially Rev of Boa lmfao. Quit disrespecting me bro.

ok. insert shrug ascii here

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

What about cheese builds that are also good? Top 250 doesn’t mean it’s good. If anything, these mediocre specs being in top 250 just shows how low the population is.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Oh gawd…another Helseth. You are too cute.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

DHs /15 angry charrs with apples /thread.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’d call builds “cheesy” if counterplay is much more difficult than the build in question. A “cheesy” build succeeds by exploiting some mechanic and would not be considered a good “all-round” build.

A cheesy build doesn’t seek to engage in normal combat, reacting to other players’ skills and choosing what to do based on the situation. It just tries to do its thing (which is often very very effective). Eg. Dodge-spam thieves, The old Ham-Bow warrior build.

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

how can anyone list a p/p CONDI thief, let alone in top 250?

like wut?

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

how can anyone list a p/p CONDI thief, let alone in top 250?

like wut?

It’s troll tread…I also wonder why anybody talks about power mes…

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I also wonder why anybody talks about power mes…

Power Mesmer does have the highest Alpha in the game. It can’t point fight, but the damage is disgustingly good.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

I also wonder why anybody talks about power mes…

Power Mesmer does have the highest Alpha in the game. It can’t point fight, but the damage is disgustingly good.

Em I know that it’s only my personal experience but seen maybe two during my 300 matches in seasons 5 (EU ranked gold/platinum). They were miserable and really hated by their teams.

Kawaleria (KW)