Necromancer rework ideas

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

We all know necromancers are a huge pain. They are so prevalent in the current meta and all their 3 meta builds are strong. I mean of course power, terror and minion master.

1. Remove stability from lich. That skill is too strong and has no counter play. It’s an elite so it should deal damage but there should be a risk about 1shotting people with your auto.

2.Rework plague form. Namely 2nd skill. Call it “plague of frailty” and make it inflict vuln instead of blind.

3.Remove chill of death. Just, remove it.

4.Terror. Tone down the damage by 20%. 1k fears are no fun especially since they are easy to chain and they ignore armor.

5. Make corrupt boon more obvious. Pin down got a huge telegraph, point blank shot, even freakin air blast got the same fancy spinny whirly telegraph. Meanwhile corrupt boon is a slight hand movement with some dark green stuff that not only is identical to staff 4 it’s also hard to see in team fights.

6. Make staff marks dodgeable. They take effect before the animation especially with some latency. Also staff 4 should have a more recognizable telegraph since it’s extremely powerful.

7. Make doom take effect after the animation not before it. What is up with that anyway? What’s the point of an animation that occurs after the effect?

8. Tone down well damage but reduce their cooldowns. They hit too hard, even supposedly “bunkerish” classes like the celestial monkeys have to run away when they are dropped on the node.

9. Replace path of corruption with a trait that gives 33% endurance regen. They always complain about not having enough dodges.

Thank you and please be constructive.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1. Lich has plenty of counterplay, and can only be cast a few times per game. LoS, reflects or any other projectile defense, blinds, chain CC, chain boon removal, just flat out killing them; basically anything you’d do against say a LB power ranger who has no defenses but really strong offense. Oh, and it can only be cast max 5 times per game.

2. Plague Form is absolutely fine as is. It won’t kill you, it won’t stop anyone from being killed, it just makes enemies have trouble fighting within its area which is about the size of a point. At best it shuts down the offense of the melee players who have to stay inside it.

3. Why? The only change it needs is arguably not gaining 50% added damage from the downed trait, since it allows it to be a bit ridiculous. Otherwise it is fine.

4. You can also just not get hit by the abilities, since all but 1 of them have very obvious counterplay, plus they can be removed.

5. Sure, probably not a bad idea.

6. They are dodgeable. It is a 3/4s cast, which is absolutely acceptable. Better cast animations are fine, but any more delays on the skills themselves is unnecessary for their current power levels.

7. It is instant cast, the point of the animation is just to let you know that it was used.

8. Well of Suffering hits for decent damage, you can also literally walk out of it very easily. Wells aren’t actually that amazing during combat, they tend to be avoided within 2 ticks at most, and then serve no purpose but to take up area. The point of damage skills is to deal damage, so let them deal damage.

9. Or let’s not get rid of a great trait that is completely balanced for no reason.

The reality is that Necromancer is fine right now in its two meta builds. MM isn’t good, don’t kid yourself or anyone else, it is worthless in any remotely large fight and too easily losses to common builds in 1v1s to be meta. It is a worse version of turret engi in nearly every way. If you want to reduce the damage Necromancers are doing, give them actual defensive things that they will want to take instead of being forced to go all damage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

If necros are so prevalent in the meta why were they so under represented in the tourny that was worth thousands of dollars? Minion masters? Seriously?

1. Don’t remove stab. It was counterplay(reflects are a killer). You can remove the stab and lock it down if you play it right. Its an elite, it is supposed to be strong.
2. Take away the only way a necro can survive? lol nope.
3. No. Maybe make an animation pop for it once you hit 50% that would be obvious and give you a second to dodge it. I think there should be a skill component.
4. The damage is fine. All conditions ignore armor, so this is no big deal.
5. Corrupt boon should be made more obvious but the cd should be reduced to reflect that.
6. Staff marks are dodgeable and even telegraphing the marks more would not do the trick. You would need to add fancy new graphics for the marks themselves.
7. Works for me.
8. Well damage is at a nice place. They hurt like heck and can make people get off point. This is in no way a bad thing. Punish people for not saving their immunes/blocks and what not.
9. Don’t touch path of corruption. Give us a trait in blood magic and death magic that gives endurance. Give us options in other trees and I promise we will take less damaging traits.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

What the Op suggests would take the already very low representation the necromancer has at high end PvP and utterly destroy it.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

We all know necromancers are a huge pain. They are so prevalent in the current meta and all their 3 meta builds are strong. I mean of course power, terror and minion master.

Sure and can I get a free ticket to your troll world?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Imagine my face after misreading the first sentence as “We all know necromancers are in a huge pain”… and then reading the rest.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Necromancer isn’t even part the meta. It’s the profession that require very high skill to play and survive at competitive level with the survivability and mobility issues. It actually needs buff for better defensive/mobility skills/traits so they can get away when kitten happens and kite enemies and regen health like some other profession can do.

+1 We are too vulnerable to CC’s. It’s fun to see when enemy playing ping pong ball with your character. NOT!

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Czerny.6530

Czerny.6530

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Necros are pretty much the artillery class. We can out out crazy damage if left alone but have very little mobility or active defenses due to having A second life bar in DS. And AFAIK we have no safe stomp without using an elite, several utilities, or specifically traiting for it. Meanwhile on my mesmer I just hit F4.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Funny troll thread. Lol.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I must be playing my terror necro wrong, because it seems like I’m either free casting and wrecking the opposition or doing my best not to get focus gibbed. I see no in between those extremes when I’m running necro.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I thought that the only meta Necros are in is the FOCUS THE NECRO meta.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Well, honestly I think Chill of Death could be toned down a bit. It hits me over 4K in 95% cases + the chill. It’s really annoying, takes 1/3 of my hp and there’s no way to avoid it.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, honestly I think Chill of Death could be toned down a bit. It hits me over 4K in 95% cases + the chill. It’s really annoying, takes 1/3 of my hp and there’s no way to avoid it.

Try cutting back on your boon use when you’re reaching 50% if you suspect it will be an issue. It doesn’t hit that hard if you don’t have the boons to strip.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Try cutting back on your boon use when you’re reaching 50% if you suspect it will be an issue. It doesn’t hit that hard if you don’t have the boons to strip.

Yeah, that’s like telling me not to play ele. There’s really not much I can do about boon gain with 30 in Arcana unless I just camp one attuenement. And yeah, I do need 30 in Arcana on fresh air.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Yeah, that’s like telling me not to play ele. There’s really not much I can do about boon gain with 30 in Arcana unless I just camp one attuenement. And yeah, I do need 30 in Arcana on fresh air.

It’s intended to counter boons which can be out of control, get the perfect time to unleash your burst when he’s low on LF, I see no issues with it considering necro can’t have full potential at all times.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait what?

I thought necro was sub par at best, with so many things broken and worthless, that it was basically a free kill? Which is why it gets focused and killed right away.

Now OP is saying that necros are too strong, and need a nerf?

I’m so confused….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

It’s intended to counter boons which can be out of control, get the perfect time to unleash your burst when he’s low on LF, I see no issues with it considering necro can’t have full potential at all times.

That’s nice and everything, counter boons as much as you want. It’s still not ok to get hit over 4K without ANY chance to avoid it. You know, power necro can just one hit ele by Life Blast + Chill of Death + Air + Fire. You think that’s ok?

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

That’s nice and everything, counter boons as much as you want. It’s still not ok to get hit over 4K without ANY chance to avoid it. You know, power necro can just one hit ele by Life Blast + Chill of Death + Air + Fire. You think that’s ok?

You can as well burst specs are available to all. Necro can be shut down in team fights easily, my advice +1 him or get him while he’s low on LF,you have the tools to sustain yourself for a strong burst. Any unseen zerker can end it quickly and the trait is not only used on power.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

You can as well burst specs are available to all. Necro can be shut down in team fights easily, my advice +1 him or get him while he’s low on LF,you have the tools to sustain yourself for a strong burst. Any unseen zerker can end it quickly and the trait is not only used on power.

No, my problem is that I can 1v1 the most power necros, I just do not like they can hit that hard with a trait without any way to avoid it. It’s just plain wrong. I had a game against 3 power necros and all I died to were passive procs. People always complain about IP and passives but leave this one out. It’s not ok to have a such thing in the game. Add an animation and time window to dodge it, then I don’t care.

And it’s hard to one hit a power necro with full DS.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So limit your boon use against Power necros. Not a difficult thing to do.

Unless you’re saying that you can’t do so because it’s passive. In which case, what makes one (or more) passive proc fine and Chill of Death bad?

I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Make Necros the worst class in game by a mile. Got it. Great suggestions. /sarcasm

I especially enjoyed the last sentence of being constructive after dropping this trollish thread.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

The only passive thing is Renewing Stamina, you’re saying that ele should just camp one attunement in case he’ll get hit by a trait without any ways to avoid it. No, rest of the boons are gained by actively switching your attunements. It’s how the class works but your suggestion is not to play the class how it works but how one passive trait forces me. But hey this necro just did 4K damage without any skill or good game play and that’s fine.

Also, if someone is playing a mesmer, should they not shatter in case of getting hit by passive proc?

You can’t really compare passive damage procs and boons.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

No, my problem is that I can 1v1 the most power necros, I just do not like they can hit that hard with a trait without any way to avoid it. It’s just plain wrong. I had a game against 3 power necros and all I died to were passive procs. People always complain about IP and passives but leave this one out. It’s not ok to have a such thing in the game. Add an animation and time window to dodge it, then I don’t care.

Instant damage…aren’t you playing fresh air? 3v1 you should die, full DS is not available at start and not easy to maintain.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Instant damage…aren’t you playing fresh air? 3v1 you should die, full DS is not available at start and not easy to maintain.

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? It’s a PASSIVE PROC without any way to avoid it. I’m sorry but playing fresh air is not all passive procs and any decent player can predict when you’ll switch to air AND you can see my attunements.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? It’s a PASSIVE PROC without any way to avoid it. I’m sorry but playing fresh air is not all passive procs and any decent player can predict when you’ll switch to air AND you can see my attunements.

Arcane+fire+air added to the active defense of fresh air is strong. Not everyone runs boons which greatly affect the damage,necro might not survive your burst,you can disengage with FG, this seems like a “I don’t like this” argument. If you keep saying full DS we shall say it’s not always the case,you say Lich we say FG
deal with how they made necro.

If “passive” were to be removed, make it universal not based on your liking.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Personally, my suggestion is this, granted I understand this might be too much of a Necromancer buff, but I think it would help the flow of the game a lot.

Add an adept trait in Curses that says:

“When struck by a CC effect, instantly die.”

This way we could get back into the action a bit faster. Of course, it might be a bit too strong, but they could balance us around it by reducing all damage done by 50% and removing terror.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Arcane+fire+air added to the active defense of fresh air is strong. Not everyone runs boons which greatly affect the damage,necro might not survive your burst,you can disengage with FG, this seems like a “I don’t like argument”. If you keep saying full DS we shall say it’s not always the case,you say Lich we say FG
deal with how they made necro.

Yeah, not everyone runs boons. Basically everyone but necro. You can disengage with FGS? That makes literally no sense. And if you’re saying it’s the only way how to do so, 180 sec cd makes it kinda useless. You’re defending a passive proc that has no counter play, does over 4K damage, chills you (pretty bad on ele) and removes boons. You get all this just from having a trait. Doesn’t seem balanced. I mentioned DS once. I never said anything about Lich. You’re just trying to find arguments to support your case but all you’re doing is bringing stuff that has nothing to do with it.

If that’s how you see it, I would say let’s bring back all the op stuff classes got removed/nerfed. Just because you should deal with how they were made.

I’m not even running air + fire. Most necros do.

And comparing Lich and FGS…LOL.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

You can prevent the necro while maintaining yours is the point, you can prevent it for the whole match if your team is good. Not running fire and air impairs your dps if you want glass spec do it right, the best fresh air ele I seen run 6 6 0 0 2 with Blinding Ashes,Lighting Flash,Arcane Blast,Cleansing Fire and FGS. There is no fair matchup vs necro due to LF but his burst shouldn’t worry you much. Yes Lich can be countered if you don’t blow your CD,FGS gives you higher dps ,one extra evade,2 disengage skills.

Was this a duel? If you are afraid of chill as ele necro have their own issues, the game is not balanced for 1v1 encounters.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The only passive thing is Renewing Stamina, you’re saying that ele should just camp one attunement in case he’ll get hit by a trait without any ways to avoid it. No, rest of the boons are gained by actively switching your attunements. It’s how the class works but your suggestion is not to play the class how it works but how one passive trait forces me. But hey this necro just did 4K damage without any skill or good game play and that’s fine.

Also, if someone is playing a mesmer, should they not shatter in case of getting hit by passive proc?

There is such a thing as letting boons fall off. You don’t need to hold back for long, just to let the proc be wasted. D/D builds don’t seem to have an issue with Chill of Death, interestingly (sure it hurts, but it’s not killing them), so this clearly isn’t a profession-wide problem.

Since you commented that you usually play Fresh Air ele, I counter with this: Why, when you are playing what is literally the squishiest build in the entire game, are you complaining about anything doing a large portion of your health in one hit?

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Roe.3679

You could either make sure that your health stays above 50% – you did say it’s no skill, but they got you to 50% health – or, save your focus skill invuln for when you are near 50% health. Boom, countered.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Nice troll thread…and he asks us to be constructive…lol

Then you have this guy below. He complains about loosing 1/3 of his health to CoD when he is playing a fresh air that can 1 or 2 shot the necro…. You can’t complain that you are taking high damage if you are playing fresh air bud. You want to be glass, you get hit like glass.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

You can prevent the necro while maintaining yours is the point, you can prevent it for the whole match if your team is good. Not running fire and air impairs your dps if you want glass spec do it right, the best fresh air ele I seen run 6 6 0 0 2 with Blinding Ashes,Lighting Flash,Arcane Blast,Cleansing Fire and FGS. There is no fair matchup vs necro due to LF but his burst shouldn’t worry you much. Yes Lich can be countered if you don’t blow your CD,FGS gives you higher dps ,one extra evade,2 disengage skills.

Was this a duel? If you are afraid of chill as ele necro have their own issues, the game is not balanced for 1v1 encounters.

There is just so much kitten in this.

No, not running air + fire doesn’t really impair my dps. I’ve tried both and it works for me better with battle and str runes rather than air + fire and pack/ogre.

The best fresh air eles actually do not run 66002 because they know when facing decent oponent, they would be just food.

I never ever said anything about Lich, I actually quite enjoy necros killing themselves by using Dealthy Claws when I pop my reflect.

If you’re telling me that FGS has so much damage and it’s much better to attack with it than using your weapon skills, I can’t even take you seriously.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Then you have this guy below. He complains about loosing 1/3 of his health to CoD when he is playing a fresh air that can 1 or 2 shot the necro…. You can’t complain that you are taking high damage if you are playing fresh air bud. You want to be glass, you get hit like glass.

I’m not complaining about being hit that much, I’m complaining about it being A PASSIVE PROC hitting that much. L2spotadifference.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

There is such a thing as letting boons fall off. You don’t need to hold back for long, just to let the proc be wasted. D/D builds don’t seem to have an issue with Chill of Death, interestingly (sure it hurts, but it’s not killing them), so this clearly isn’t a profession-wide problem.

Since you commented that you usually play Fresh Air ele, I counter with this: Why, when you are playing what is literally the squishiest build in the entire game, are you complaining about anything doing a large portion of your health in one hit?

Nope. Thieves can do that very well. I don’t complain because even though Steal is instant damage, you can at least predict the gameplay of the thief, he has to actively press his skills to do damage. People seem to missunderstood. I chose to play this spec, I like it. I know it’s very squishy and I’m gonna get hit hard BUT I do not like that I take this much damage from something that is just a trait wich requires no skilled play really.

To others: It’s not really hard to get a fresh air ele to 50% hp. It’s probably the easiest thing you can do in the game. Obsidian flesh 50 sec cd, Chill of Death 20.

Defend this passive kitten as much as you want, it’s still not ok.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Everyone that wants to nerf anything that necro has. Actually need to learn to play or stop pvp. It’s easy to kill necro with meta classes for players that have a little bit skill for pvp. When i changing to d/d cele ele or any other meta after playing my necro. I’m like what could i do if i had that much survivability and mobility on my necro..

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m not complaining about being hit that much, I’m complaining about it being A PASSIVE PROC hitting that much. L2spotadifference.

You are running the squishiest build in the game. You probably get two-shotted regardless of what Power build fights back. And yes, Necros with Chill of Death are no exception.

You are taking what is literally the best situation for the trait (lots of boons, no armor, no damage reduction, no health) and using it as an argument for removal.

I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Roe.3679

Nope. Thieves can do that very well. I don’t complain because even though Steal is instant damage, you can at least predict the gameplay of the thief, he has to actively press his skills to do damage. People seem to missunderstood. I chose to play this spec, I like it. I know it’s very squishy and I’m gonna get hit hard BUT I do not like that I take this much damage from something that is just a trait wich requires no skilled play really.

To others: It’s not really hard to get a fresh air ele to 50% hp. It’s probably the easiest thing you can do in the game. Obsidian flesh 50 sec cd, Chill of Death 20.

The weapon skill is 20 second cd, the passive proc is 60.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Alright, that’s my bad. Shows how much I play power necro. Still doesn’t mean much, you shouldn’t be forced to waste one of your two survability skill that are both on high cooldown to counter one trait.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

No, not running air + fire doesn’t really impair my dps. I’ve tried both and it works for me better with battle and str runes rather than air + fire and pack/ogre.

The best fresh air eles actually do not run 66002 because they know when facing decent oponent, they would be just food.

I never ever said anything about Lich, I actually quite enjoy necros killing themselves by using Dealthy Claws when I pop my reflect.

If you’re telling me that FGS has so much damage and it’s much better to attack with it than using your weapon skills, I can’t even take you seriously.

If you are decent, it will not happen you play like a theif without stealth you are only here to +1 fights,kill weak enemies,surprise attack them . It’s not the bruiser type ele that can just go mid and easily disengage while tanking, I compared FGS vs Lich not your skills.

If you play like a stealthless thief you will do fine , it’s the difference between a full glass LB ranger having great positioning and SoF power LB ranger trying to cap. You want the role be fully dedicated to it.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Alright, that’s my bad. Shows how much I play power necro. Still doesn’t mean much, you shouldn’t be forced to waste one of your two survability skill that are both on high cooldown to counter one trait.

Actually on this one, you were right. Chill of Death is a 20 second cooldown.

What you could do instead is use the cooldown to prevent dying from a stiff breeze. Trait or no, that Power Necro is going to kill you if he survives your burst and that invulnerability is your best shot. On a Fresh Air build, you shouldn’t be going into a 1v1 (when Chill of Death is most likely up) anyway unless you are certain you will get the kill.

I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

You can predict when a thief is going to insta steal you better than a necro CoD? You are joking right? When you hit 50%, BAM necro CoD….That is VERY predictable lol. You can’t tell me you KNOW when a thief is going to steal and kitten you. Yes it is passive, but it is also VERY predictable. You hit 50%, it procs. Know the CD and then it will proc again if you are still below 50%….not hard.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

If you are decent, it will not happen you play like a theif without stealth you are only here to +1 fights,kill weak enemies,surprise attack them . It’s not the bruiser type ele that can just go mid and easily disengage while tanking, I compared FGS vs Lich not your skills.

If you play like a stealthless thief you will do fine , it’s the difference between a full glass LB ranger having great positioning and SoF power LB ranger trying to cap. You want the role be fully dedicated to it.

This would work in theory. If you queue solo (and I almost always do) you have to count on your team knowing what to do. If they don’t you might find yourself having to go and 1v1 a power necro. And hell, there is a lot of them. It’s one of the easiest specs I’ve ever played, so that’s probably why.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with power necros. But I still can have an opinion about passive stuff, I do not like it. The same way as I don’t like IP and the air + fire combo. I don’t think such thing should exist.

Either have instant cast skills you have to actively use to deal damage or have passive proc BUT with a tell.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

You can predict when a thief is going to insta steal you better than a necro CoD? You are joking right? When you hit 50%, BAM necro CoD….That is VERY predictable lol. You can’t tell me you KNOW when a thief is going to steal and kitten you. Yes it is passive, but it is also VERY predictable. You hit 50%, it procs. Know the CD and then it will proc again if you are still below 50%….not hard.

You completely missed the whole point. The thief HAS TO PRESS HIS STEAL. The necro doesn’t. And yeah, the proc can come so fast you won’t even notice dropping to 50% hp. I don’t know, I usually watch my oponents, not constantly watch my hp if it already hit 50% or not, but I guess I should.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You completely missed the whole point. The thief HAS TO PRESS HIS STEAL. The necro doesn’t. And yeah, the proc can come so fast you won’t even notice dropping to 50% hp. I don’t know, I usually watch my oponents, not constantly watch my hp if it already hit 50% or not, but I guess I should.

It’s a good idea to watch your health as well. Good to know when to GTFO, heal, or a lot of other things.

Heck, even a good idea to watch it for traits like Close to Death and Executioner, as that 20% damage boost can end you a lot faster than you thought.

I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

It’s a good idea to watch your health as well. Good to know when to GTFO, heal, or a lot of other things.

Heck, even a good idea to watch it for traits like Close to Death and Executioner, as that 20% damage boost can end you a lot faster than you thought.

I do agree with that, of course everyone does that. But do you honestly wait for the moment when you reach 50% of your hp? I don’t even know what’s the exact number. Do you know the number when you reach 50% of your hp?

I don’t know why people think that adding an animation to this trait is such a horrible idea. It would only improve the game play and the necro would have to try a bit harder, the spec is really easy to play already.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Sure lets get rid of Chill of Death

Even though this trait is equally as cancerous
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electric_Discharge

Everyone argues about passive things yet half the game is instant cast/passive

Time for a new game

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Basically this.

It’s either instant or really slow casting,few in the middle.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Sure lets get rid of Chill of Death

Even though this trait is equally as cancerous
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electric_Discharge

Time for a new game

The difference is the ele has to actually attune to air, he has to do something. Hell, half of the necros don’t even know when their trait procs. Also the difference in damage and utility.

I never said I want it to get removed, I asked for adding an animation. As I wouldn’t mind if Electric Discharge had a tell.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I do agree with that, of course everyone does that. But do you honestly wait for the moment when you reach 50% of your hp? I don’t even know what’s the exact number. Do you know the number when you reach 50% of your hp?

I don’t know why people think that adding an animation to this trait is such a horrible idea. It would only improve the game play and the necro would have to try a bit harder, the spec is really easy to play already.

Actually, I do. Last major patch included tooltip changes for traits and skills that have effects based on a percentage of your health to show the exact health values that it procs.

Adding an animation or delay wouldn’t be a problem, but the cast time has to remain instant simply because it is a trait proccing, not a skill being used.

I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Actually, I do. Last major patch included tooltip changes for traits and skills that have effects based on a percentage of your health to show the exact health values that it procs.

Adding an animation or delay wouldn’t be a problem, but the cast time has to remain instant simply because it is a trait proccing, not a skill being used.

Alright, well I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t watch their hp getting exactly to 50%.

I never asked for CoD not being instant, I simple stated if it’s instant it should have some sort of a tell. And then everyone went on and on how horrible that is.