Nerf Turret engi already?

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

It’s a no brain/skill build, it’s easily the most easiest played, does sick dmg, bunkers sick, and could easily be played in top tier. I think the main reason it’s not used in top tier pvp, in which i play, is cause it’s a low morale build.

I could easily bunker everything with this build + carry team fights with it, but I refuse to due to it’s obvious bs design only concerning AI. The turrets are seeking etc. It’s perma cc. I just can’t cope with the thought of this build. Why has this not been removed. There is absolutely no reason why new players play any other class but engi. Either celest or turret. I prefer turret cuz it’s just AI.

Any professional response to my complain? I know a lot of people have asked. I just want straight answer. I played more pvp than the whole anet staff combined, so I want to hear a proper argument.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Any professional response to my complain?

Stop being bad and you’ll realize that turret engi isn’t that good.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

It’s a no brain/skill build, it’s easily the most easiest played, does sick dmg, bunkers sick, and could easily be played in top tier. I think the main reason it’s not used in top tier pvp, in which i play, is cause it’s a low morale build.

You’re playing in top tier pvp and you get rekt by random newbie turret engineer?

Top tier pvpers sure are overrated.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

Stop defending this build as bad. It´s annoying as kitten. And if you play vs. 3 Engis, two of them Turrets…well kitten. Decent players with little more brain then a monkey can make this build work well in mid-tier or top-tier.
But all i read is l2p…kitten it. If you have two Turrets bunker side-nodes and cant 1v1 with your team-comp you are kittened….sign. The 3 enemy-players can roam between them and they are fine. But we all just l2p….yeah sure. I dont get it. xD

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

He’s actually a very good player from EU. That response is quite below the standard I would expect from you.

Now, let me show you how discussion is properly done.

What Phd (OP) is saying is that turrets have an insanely high payoff-to-effort ratio and actually work in an unorganised PvP. When I play Ranked Arena solo and encounter turret engies, I get insanely mad, because there are a limited number of good players who will adjust and outplay a turreteer through rotations.
Usually you don’t land with only such players on your team and get some PvE heroes that will just get screwed sooner or later and then just rush back over and over again leading to an ultimate wreck.

Point is, in unorganised play the turret engie is extremely likely to contribute a lot with very little effort. The build allows players who use it, to bring their contribution to levels that is unattainable by them with ‘normal’ builds (much like power LB pew-pew ranger) and this is the problem here.
When I play as a premade team, I don’t care in the least if there are turret engies on the other team; they will get rekt. But when I see these baddies winning over other baddies just because of the build, I understand these complaints.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

i cant tell you how many players i know that switched to engis and were baffled at how strong the class is in general compared to their previous in just a few days of playing.

and im talking people who were masters of their previous classes

8 turrets 1 bird and 1 bunker engi is really a sight to see
dont even think about how good it is (which it is) its just the fact that you know hes doing Literally almost nothing himself in the fight

ele is also up there with engi

(edited by official.7362)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’d rather Celest Engi get nerfed before turrets. Actually being OP is more of an issue to me than perceived OPness because its a strong AI build.

Also, I noticed today (and this goes for both engi builds) what’s with net shot?!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Net_Shot
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Pact

I get it’s ever so slightly short of an Immob but sheesh…
2 sec immob, 10 sec cd, instant, 1000 range verus 3 sec, 1 second cast, 25 second CD, 600 range on the class that’s supposed to lock people in and so on. Net Shots freaking ridiculous. With just a bit of condi duration its like a 20-25% uptime immob (assuming lands). I think that itself needs to be looked at. I tend to defend builds across the board but this skill alone blows my mind, even when I run Turret engi just for easy wins for the day, I can’t get past how insane it is.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

You’re playing in top tier pvp and you get rekt by random newbie turret engineer?

Top tier pvpers sure are overrated.

amen

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

I’d rather Celest Engi get nerfed before turrets. Actually being OP is more of an issue to me than perceived OPness because its a strong AI build.

Also, I noticed today (and this goes for both engi builds) what’s with net shot?!

2 sec immob, 10 sec cd, instant, 1000 range verus 3 sec, 1 second cast, 25 second CD, 600 range on the class that’s supposed to lock people in and so on. Net Shots freaking ridiculous. With just a bit of condi duration its like a 20-25% uptime immob (assuming lands). I think that itself needs to be looked at. I tend to defend builds across the board but this skill alone blows my mind, even when I run Turret engi just for easy wins for the day, I can’t get past how insane it is.

Its also not a combo finisher, deals no damage and do not cause 6 stack of bleed. And its on a profession designed to use high CC as main defense as opposed to heavy armor and high base hp. The fast cast is also compensated by the low velocity of the projectile, meaning aiming for strafing targets is risky at range, making its primary range shot.

EDIT: Sorry, a bit tired, read the class designed to lock people in as hambow.

(edited by miriforst.1290)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Stop defending this build as bad. It´s annoying as kitten. And if you play vs. 3 Engis, two of them Turrets…well kitten. Decent players with little more brain then a monkey can make this build work well in mid-tier or top-tier.
But all i read is l2p…kitten it. If you have two Turrets bunker side-nodes and cant 1v1 with your team-comp you are kittened….sign. The 3 enemy-players can roam between them and they are fine. But we all just l2p….yeah sure. I dont get it. xD

There is no need to defend this build, it’s very easy to counter. A build with no stunbreakers, huge condi removal or huge self sustain; just outrotate them, snipe them, aoe them and clear the point.

It takes far less effort to kill a turret engy than a shoutbow warrior as played by the OP, a build which I think does not require world level personal skill to work.

Before turret engy, the OP was complaining about cele ele and before that he was complaining about something else.

A team with turret engies , can be compared to an IWAY team in GW1..at that time people on the GW1 forum would have laughed at you for complaining about IWAY, well guess different times…..different forum…different community

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Its also not a combo finisher, deals no damage and do not cause 6 stack of bleed. And its on a profession designed to use high CC as main defense as opposed to heavy armor and high base hp. The fast cast is also compensated by the low velocity of the projectile, meaning aiming for strafing targets is risky at range, making its primary range short.

How did a discussion between an Engi ability in comparison to a Necromancer ability turn into a discussion about a warrior ability (Which by the way is also highly telegraphed and 25 second CD)??? Roles has nothing to do with it. engineer has lots of CC as a whole and necromancers “role” is supposed to lock people into combat and not allow escapes. Net shot does that about a 100x better than Dark pact could ever dream of doing.

Not to mention, it just doesn’t need to be instant or that low of a cooldown in general, both is just an insult.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Honestly I think turret engi is one of the strongest builds. pretty sure you could run it in premades and do well with it if people wanted to.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I played turret engi today, its not that good. I actually think that something like minion master is better. Good teams can easily beat turret engis just because of the immobility of turrets.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Conquest is a game mode that favors the immobility of turrets. If we weren’t playing Conquest and had other game modes, then it’d be a different story.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Conquest is a game mode that favors the immobility of turrets. If we weren’t playing Conquest and had other game modes, then it’d be a different story.

Yeah.
Turret immobility sure does cripple engineer in TDM like Courtyard.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

words words words

Yes net shot is a better immobilize than dark pact.
Now that we can pick random skills from different classes to compare. Why doesn’t engi get an instant cast fear on a 20s cooldown? Or 2 condi transfers?
Or deathshroud? Call it exoskeletical tank suit!

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

words words words

Yes net shot is a better immobilize than dark pact.
Now that we can pick random skills from different classes to compare. Why doesn’t engi get an instant cast fear on a 20s cooldown? Or 2 condi transfers?
Or deathshroud? Call it exoskeletical tank suit!

I don’t really think you wan’t to have that Engineer versus Necromancer privilege argument… I can promise you you will lose that one… Netshot is nuts no matter what the hell you’re playing. A low CD (low risk) essentially 20% immob uptime in a single skill is kittenkitten, lets not pretend its not. I play Engi from time to time, its absolutely silly.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Who doesn’t like getting CCed by a pet the player isn’t even controlling on a low CD?

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

There is no need to defend this build, it’s very easy to counter. A build with no stunbreakers, huge condi removal or huge self sustain; just outrotate them, snipe them, aoe them and clear the point.

It takes far less effort to kill a turret engy than a shoutbow warrior as played by the OP, a build which I think does not require world level personal skill to work.

Before turret engy, the OP was complaining about cele ele and before that he was complaining about something else.

A team with turret engies , can be compared to an IWAY team in GW1..at that time people on the GW1 forum would have laughed at you for complaining about IWAY, well guess different times…..different forum…different community

How can you compare turret engi to iway? Obviously Mesmer/thief combo can 1 shot ALL classes, if timed. Due to that fact, the balanced setup has nothing to do with turret engis, the one in which u compare to iway. You’re satisfied with being mediocre on your necro, and the occasion where u 1 v 1 a NO skill turret engi who obviously never played, and you win, makes you conclude that it’s an l2p issue, makes me worry. Turret engis are played by the chubby kid doing the goal keeping, cuz he’s too bad at playing at the field with the more atletic kids. Something everyone can do, but someone with actual skill and stamina, could do better.
Turret engineer can ofcourse be countered, no doubt, like everything else. Doesn’t change the fact than it’s far superior than 75% of ALL specs in the game. Putting a heavy condi class as counter for a 1 v 1 makes it weaker, ofc. A 1 v 1, which I don’t think is turret engineers strong side, i believe it’s the team fight, which ppl miss..

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Especially two turret engis in a team fight. Two rocket turrets left operational means your team needs a LOT of stability and projectile destruction/reflects to stand a chance.

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Who doesn’t like getting CCed by a pet the player isn’t even controlling on a low CD?

Iirc, only a rocket and a thumper turret can CC you and both are activated skills, so that sentence doesn’t hold much truth.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Iirc, only a rocket and a thumper turret can CC you and both are activated skills, so that sentence doesn’t hold much truth.

Yeah, that’s a big issue I have, people are using false information to make claims, and while they sound bad and cause a lot of hype and hate, false information is false. A HUGE majority of the time if a Turret engi cced you, he did it on purpose.

- Thumper turret Aoe knockback is a 30 second CD trigger.
- Rocket knockdown is a long cooldown trigger.
- aNet Shot is (while too potent) a rifle shot.
- Overcharged shot is a triggered riffle shot.
- The most common turret destruction knockdown is from blowing up your own healing turret.

THEN
- If you are by a turret that gets killed it can knock you down. If the turret placement is done properly, this typically isn’t an issue, as the weaker ones should be out of the middle and thumper is decently resilient.

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Counter? How do you do that beyond staying out of range?
- immune to cc
- immune to crit
- immune to condi → most of the time they do more dmg to you than you do to them…
Shall i run soldier amulet just to be effective against one build?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Just wanted to point out, that in the NA qualifiers for WTS, a team with TWO turret engies was able to take a game (and came close to a 2nd) off of one of the top-8 teams in NA. Now I know NA doesn’t have many great teams, and maybe the team that they beat might have lost due to the confusion, but I think that point stands on its own. It also doesn’t get much more “high-tier” than top-8 teams in a region. Regardless of what you think about the skill of NA vs. EU, you can’t argue the players on the team that lost that one game (was it Radioactive) are at least deserving of the title “high-tier player”

The simple fact that a team played 2 turret engies and weren’t stomped into the ground shows that it isn’t a silly “just L2P EzPz” problem. The fact that a team with 2 AI players even won a game against one of the top teams in NA should lead to devs sounding the alarm.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Those Turret engi QQthreads remind me of ol’ AION and it’s drama for years regarding Fear skills from Spiritmaster class.
No one cared that Sorcerer was one shotting everyone in pvp, no one cared that gladiator was knocking down everyone permanently even through “stability”. No one cared about Rangers 3shot KO anyone in pvp.
There was that one thing that everyone focused on, because other things were unimportant and normal.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Just wanted to point out, that in the NA qualifiers for WTS, a team with TWO turret engies was able to take a game (and came close to a 2nd) off of one of the top-8 teams in NA. Now I know NA doesn’t have many great teams, and maybe the team that they beat might have lost due to the confusion, but I think that point stands on its own. It also doesn’t get much more “high-tier” than top-8 teams in a region. Regardless of what you think about the skill of NA vs. EU, you can’t argue the players on the team that lost that one game (was it Radioactive) are at least deserving of the title “high-tier player”

The simple fact that a team played 2 turret engies and weren’t stomped into the ground shows that it isn’t a silly “just L2P EzPz” problem. The fact that a team with 2 AI players even won a game against one of the top teams in NA should lead to devs sounding the alarm.

Just to slightly clarify, that team beat out one other team (2-1 vs AG) and their first round was vs Abjured… so they didn’t have much of a chance vs abjured anyway.
0-2 vs abjured
2-1 vs AG
1-2 vs Radioactive

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

yeah definately math iway sucked so much…they were laughed at all day…

lel

What phd is trying to say is that turret engi makes total nabs able to stand against way better players while they would be a 10 secs freekills without turrets carrying them.
If you put ANY main turret engi (Sorry but the idea of someone actually MAINING turret engi it’s just a joke on itself) on anything else, from necro to thief…to mesmer, war or even on celestial rifle they are probably just gonna be rallybots…it just allows bad players with no skill to be able to do something even if they have literally no clue…

someone with 0 skill shouldn’t have a way to compete on levels he doesn’t belong to…turrets just allow bads to do that and there is no other spec that can carry noobs like turret engi, not even close to it. Ofc i know many of you (Expec forum’s pve heroes, nowhere to be seen on pre 16 dec tpvp ladder) love turrets because you can still do something even if you totally suck…and it makes you fell like you have some sort of skill while ai is actually playing for you, but if you want to get some consideration on this topic you should probably go play something else at a good level before trying to reply….if you only play turret noone is gonna take you seriously

On the other hand if you ask ANY good player who tried turret engi (Even if they never used engi before) they all agree it’s just way too powerful for being a totally brainless spec…

Being bad and running something that makes you feel able to play the game is one thing…claiming it’s fine just because you don’t want to get your ai spec getting nerfed (Eventually having to move on something else and l2p) is a totally different story…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

rotten.9753

lel

What phd is trying to say is that turret engi makes total nabs able to stand against way better players while they would be a 10 secs freekills without turrets carrying them.
If you put ANY main turret engi (Sorry but the idea of someone actually MAINING turret engi it’s just a joke on itself) on anything else, from necro to thief…to mesmer, war or even on celestial rifle they are probably just gonna be rallybots…it just allows bad players with no skill to be able to do something even if they have literally no clue…

someone with 0 skill shouldn’t have a way to compete on levels he doesn’t belong to…turrets just allow bads to do that and there is no other spec that can carry noobs like turret engi, not even close to it. Ofc i know many of you (Expec forum’s pve heroes) love turrets because you can still do something even if you totally suck…and it makes you fell like you have some sort of skill while ai is actually playing for you, but if you want to get some consideration on this topic you should probably go play something else at a good level before trying to reply….if you only play turret noone is gonna take you seriously

Maybe those pve heroes are simply better than you and you were outplayed by them.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

lel

someone with 0 skill shouldn’t have a way to compete on levels he doesn’t belong to…turrets just allow bads to do that and there is no other spec that can carry noobs like turret engi, not even close to it. Ofc i know many of you (Expec forum’s pve heroes) love turrets because you can still do something even if you totally suck…and it makes you fell like you have some sort of skill while ai is actually playing for you, but if you want to get some consideration on this topic you should probably go play something else at a good level before trying to reply….if you only play turret noone is gonna take you seriously

Maybe those pve heroes are simply better than you and you were outplayed by them.

nah if they have a turret engi i usually just go mace\sword carrion and gank the kitten out of him, i like looking at turreterds full of bleeds (Dodging pindown op) torment and confusion dieing even after crate (Because you know, they all crate in 1v1 ofc)….you probably couldn’t read what i just wrote…i’m gonna explain it better:

You can kill turret engis np (When PROPERLY PLAYED there are specs way harder to kill 1v1 than turret..like cele staff or shoutbow for example)…but it takes way too much effort (If you are not running hardcounter) than it should, considering they’re basically doin nothing outside running in circles…for the skill it takes you should be able to kill them with autoattack only instead of having to play quite seriously…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I see the daily turret engi COMPLAINT achievement is still going strong after my 5 day Hiatus…

KEK. L2p l2p…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You know whats fun?

Doing a piano concerto to line up the perfect shatter on a turret engi, which allows you to down him…. then get whispered to “Play a class that takes skill noob.”

There may have been a time when mes was “brain-dead” according to the community, but now… just no.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I really scratch my head and wonder why Anet makes build that are centered around AI. In many games, competitive ones especially, AI are used as a supplement for a build or an extension as some call it. A build or class or whatever it is should not be centered around AI, it is bad design since it ultimately removes player interaction which is detrimental in pvp environment. If anyone plays league of legends and remember the yorick incident then you will know what I mean.

If Anets goal is to make a competitive scene then turret engineer needs to be gutted even if it isn’t top tier. This build is a perfect example of how not to balance in pvp. If however Anets goal is to allow anybody to come into pvp and have a blast owning people while watching tv then by all means leave the build alone. The second option is actually what Anet is doing and is the truth, if any random can come into pvp and have a build like this make them feel like a good player, they will stick around as a customer and even buy gems.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I really scratch my head and wonder why Anet makes build that are centered around AI. In many games, competitive ones especially, AI are used as a supplement for a build or an extension as some call it. A build or class or whatever it is should not be centered around AI, it is bad design since it ultimately removes player interaction which is detrimental in pvp environment. If anyone plays league of legends and remember the yorick incident then you will know what I mean.

If Anets goal is to make a competitive scene then turret engineer needs to be gutted even if it isn’t top tier. This build is a perfect example of how not to balance in pvp. If however Anets goal is to allow anybody to come into pvp and have a blast owning people while watching tv then by all means leave the build alone. The second option is actually what Anet is doing and is the truth, if any random can come into pvp and have a build like this make them feel like a good player, they will stick around as a customer and even buy gems.

because they can make pve heroes feel like pros for cheap with this…it’s no secret

working as intended

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

rotten.9753

because they can make pve heroes feel like pros for cheap with this…it’s no secret

working as intended

I’m curious. Were you playing only honour balance in gw1? Or some kittenty gimmicks as well?

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

So basically turret engi is easy to kill to all of the above top tier players but it takes too much time and effort and as such it has to be removed.

in PvP

Tao.5096

nah if they have a turret engi i usually just go mace\sword carrion and gank the kitten out of him, i like looking at turreterds full of bleeds (Dodging pindown op) torment and confusion dieing even after crate (Because you know, they all crate in 1v1 ofc)….you probably couldn’t read what i just wrote…i’m gonna explain it better:

You can kill turret engis np (When PROPERLY PLAYED there are specs way harder to kill 1v1 than turret..like cele staff or shoutbow for example)…but it takes way too much effort (If you are not running hardcounter) than it should, considering they’re basically doin nothing outside running in circles…for the skill it takes you should be able to kill them with autoattack only instead of having to play quite seriously…

New complain Meta spotted.
- rly? Supply Crate 1v1?

Attachments:

in PvP

Novuake.2691

What I find funny is that bunker guards are a lot harder to kill, yet no complaints? Hmmmm….

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Turret engi is actually a decent choice even for low-top tier.

In NA where you play there’s already a team running 1 if not 2 turret engis.

If people don’t play it it’s mostly due to it being a low morale build, like phd said.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if you actually read the kitten description you’ll see why hardly anyone ever complained about net shot, ever seen an engineer use a harpoon gun in underwter combat over kits? the answer is no unlesss they forgot to put kits

for the same reason net shot sucks the Projectile takes 2 seconds just to land on a target 450 range away and its a huge net that shouts Evade or block or Reflect me
the irony lies in the fact the net shot reflects at faster speed towards the engy than when the engy shoots it ,net shot does no damage and engineer cant attack while doing the net shot animation

i would gladly have net shot removed and have Blunderbuss land 1000 fixed base damage with 500 range anyday over net s hot

in PvP

Rezzet.3614

So basically turret engi is easy to kill to all of the above top tier players but it takes too much time and effort and as such it has to be removed.

so Warriors and Guardians should be removed from the game by your logic

in PvP

Rezzet.3614

dont forget to get rid of mesmer clones Ranger’s pets and necro’s minions

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Turret engi is actually a decent choice even for low-top tier.

In NA where you play there’s already a team running 1 if not 2 turret engis.

If people don’t play it it’s mostly due to it being a low morale build, like phd said.

WHAT!? No…

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Those Turret engi QQthreads remind me of ol’ AION and it’s drama for years regarding Fear skills from Spiritmaster class.
No one cared that Sorcerer was one shotting everyone in pvp, no one cared that gladiator was knocking down everyone permanently even through “stability”. No one cared about Rangers 3shot KO anyone in pvp.
There was that one thing that everyone focused on, because other things were unimportant and normal.

Spiritmaster fear was the most overpowered thing I’ve ever seen in a video game.

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

If Anets goal is to make a competitive scene then turret engineer needs to be gutted even if it isn’t top tier. This build is a perfect example of how not to balance in pvp.

This is exactly what I think(without the LoL reference).

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Give rangers 3 pets out at the same time then by this logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Give rangers 3 pets out at the same time then by this logic.

Huh ranger spirits O.o , thief,Ambush+Thieves guild = 4 AI(5..+rock dog O.o), war banners,guard SP huh all classes have summons. Didn’t they hire a new AI designer??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If only they knew how many people rage quit everyday due to turret engis. It isn’t fun to fight against at all.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Please nerf turrets damage and buff their utility/survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

not affected by condis
not affected by crits
BUT HEY AFFECTED BY SPIRIT BUFFS, wth actually?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Granted that Spiritmaster’s fear did break the game’s balance and only recently toned down. Fear in AION is a 8-10second lockdown, a low cooldown AoE Moa without dodges /escapes. It cannot be avoided by getting out of range or through “stability”.
Rangers were powerful but they always get negligible balances and only recently resurfaced as viable. And only penguins who hurdle together die to Gladiator’s AoEs.
Sorcerers were ridiculous powerful and were often the 2nd go to “pls nerf” complaints. Glacial Shard builds is comparable to a GW2 Power Ranger, 1 trick pony.

As for GW2, there is a contradiction in the game’s battle elements. It promotes active gameplay like dodges, aoe circles, utilizing combo fields. On the other hand, there is also unusual high element of passive AI assisted things like Pets, Turrets, Spirit weapons, Thief clones, Minions and Phantasms.

Generally you want to target the player first in PvP, minions/phantasms often die to cleave without trying but having to prioritise the Turret AI as higher threat than the Engi throws people off.

What I find funny is that bunker guards are a lot harder to kill, yet no complaints? Hmmmm….

When was the last time a bunker guardian killed you (without his team assisting)?

(edited by Akikaze.1307)