Nerfing the runes of lyssa

in PvP

Posted by: LeGi.3921

LeGi.3921

Who needs a nerfed lyssa set when you can perma condispam everything with no skill?

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This has got to be one of the worst suggestions made in these forums, up there with ‘bring your WvW stats to spvp’.

Productive comment thanks. I will consider it and get back to you.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Who needs a nerfed lyssa set when you can perma condispam everything with no skill?

That doesnt even make sense.

Lyssa = remove all condis and get all boons. No wonder all thieves and warriors use it. It is so OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Can this post be moved to the necro forums? Nerf warrior mobility was another cracker, but it wouldn’t of been the same outside the ele forums.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

LeGi.3921

It made as much sense as your statement, only made it for you to realize. but i guess its a wasted effort to discuss with you.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It made as much sense as your statement, only made it for you to realize. but i guess its a wasted effort to discuss with you.

I was saying you dont need condition removal when you can evade all attacks anyway, and therefore never get any conditions.

You were saying that I dont need condition removal because I can spam conditions. That makes no sense.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lyssa = remove all condis and get all boons. No wonder all thieves and warriors use it. It is so OP.

get all boons for 5 seconds.. whats the problem with that?? DONT waste your skills for only 5 seconds.. is that hard? no

And remove conditions every 50seconds.. i dont see why thats OP..

Because they are throwing condition removal around. Engi = immune to conditions. IMMUNE. wtf is that about. Nobody should ever be immune to anything. It is boring and terrible gameplay. Especially with no cooldown. Warrior with bersker stance = immune to anything I do. It is a joke. Lyssa runes = remove all conditions.

It is too much and too lame.

in PvP

LeGi.3921

no, i said that lyssa dont need to be nerfed when every condition class can reapply those condis without any effort in no time again.

btw, thanks for proving my last sentence before this post right.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Lordrosicky,

Look dude stop QQ your on the wrong thread. This is about lyssa being op not about engis traits, or warrior skills. For that matter your a freaking necro who can on multiple occasions send conditions to foes/heal more and remove all on half the cd of lyssa

No on is taking you seriously….

posts like yours hurt the forums.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky,

Look dude stop QQ your on the wrong thread. This is about lyssa being op not about engis traits, or warrior skills. For that matter your a freaking necro who can on multiple occasions send conditions to foes/heal more and remove all on half the cd of lyssa

If the runes are used by so many people then they are clearly OP

in PvP

LeGi.3921

how funny that condiclasses start to talk about immunities.. yes engi automated response is broken and should be fixed. but berserker stance and lyssa are only counters to condioverload.

all i read in this topic is someone that wants the only counters other players have against their class to be nerfed.

and WOW, as a condiclass you have to actually pay attention to the boons or skills an enemy is using? you have to wait out stuff like berserkers stance or stability to land your stuff? you have to actually start using your brain a tiny bit? well, seems like the games is advancing in the right direction because you know what? powerbased classes have to watch that since beta.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

LeGi.3921

lets follow that logic:

nightmare runes are used by every condiclass; clearly op
terror is used by every condinecro; clearly op
dhuumfire is used by every condinecro: clearly op
spectral wall is used by every condinecro: clearly op
brain is used by every decent player: clearly op

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky,

I see many people using +5 stats on ascended items.. lets nerf it because if everyone use +5 stats it must be OP

Pretty sure that is pve mate. And if there was 1 particular upgrade which gave +5 and removed all your conditions so everyone used it then it would be OP.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

how funny that condiclasses start to talk about immunities.. yes engi automated response is broken and should be fixed. but berserker stance and lyssa are only counters to condioverload.

all i read in this topic is someone that wants the only counters other players have against their class to be nerfed.

and WOW, as a condiclass you have to actually pay attention to the boons or skills an enemy is using? you have to wait out stuff like berserkers stance or stability to land your stuff? you have to actually start using your brain a tiny bit? well, seems like the games is advancing in the right direction because you know what? powerbased classes have to watch that since beta.

Ok so you agree automated response is broken. We are getting somewhere here.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

Once again Lord only 2 professions using only 2 elites use them. Again to prove my point those are the 2 classes with issues with conditions.

O wow almost all necros (insert ANY popular skill here)
ITS OP OMG OMG OMG OMG NERF NERF NERF…

/sarcasm

Dude just stop your posts they are worthless.

:edit

keep your comments about engi traits out of this thread there was a sperate thread for AR post there.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Who says necros dont pay attention? Pay more attention than thieves who just spam…

in PvP

LeGi.3921

Ok so you agree automated response is broken. We are getting somewhere here.

honestly? /facepalm

Who says necros dont pay attention? Pay more attention than thieves who just spam…

tell me how you care if you have weakness on yourself while spamming condis, tell me how you care if your target has protection on him but dont try to tell me how a necro is not spamming their skills. played this fotm necro enough myself. its so easy to play that every cat who jumps over the keyboard is doing well. the only hard thing with this spec is interrupting casts with fear.. and in most cases you dont even need it because you dont care about what your enemy is doing anyways.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

(edited by LeGi.3921)

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

My opinion would be to reduce condition removal to 3 and remove stability and aegis from boons.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Lordrosicky,

By your moronic definition of whats OP, Necro’s need a huge nerf – they’re literally everywhere in hot join – So many people are playing them so they are clearly OP. Have fun with that.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Hello. I main necro. Lyssa is fine.

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

he was whining about OP engi few weeks ago ,now OP lyssa ….
Anet nerf everything that counters nekro couse Lordrosicky.5813 doesnt like when people cure his condis ,or are immune to them , or are immune to his fear ,having stabbility form runes XD he cant condi burst them in 3 seconds,so Anet pls give nekros confusion and 3 more fears form skills …..
XD

My next thread will be on berserker stance

XD XD that was good ,grats for sense of humor ….

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

My opinion would be to reduce condition removal to 3 and remove stability and aegis from boons.

I agree. This would be fine.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Hello. I main necro. Lyssa is OP.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

What a great argument for your side. /sarcasm….

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Look at all these necros posting! So many of them, clearly OP. We should nerf them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

personally i think hes made some very reasonable points all 8 boons and remove all conditions isnt in line with the other skills and especially with elites like basilisk venom having such a short cooldown it really does need to be reworked.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Months ago this guy also said Lyssa was bad vs. Necros.

He kinda buried himself with the argument in which “Everyone is using lyssa so it must be OP” so its hard for him to be taken seriously at this point.

Only two classes that can make use of Lyssa right now, the other one might just be because it was just a strong class to begin with and the other one is way too telegraphed for Lyssa to even be “that” strong as the OP states.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Suggestion: make signet of rage remove all conditions without lyssa runes?

Or replace banner damage trait in strength with ‘activating an elite skill removes all conditions’.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Months ago this guy also said Lyssa was bad vs. Necros.

He kinda buried himself with the argument in which “Everyone is using lyssa so it must be OP” so its hard for him to be taken seriously at this point.

Only two classes that can make use of Lyssa right now, the other one might just be because it was just a strong class to begin with and the other one is way too telegraphed for Lyssa to even be “that” strong as the OP states.

Not really. Lyssa got a massive passive buff when they nerfed corrupt boon

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Even more ppl running everywhere while necros spam fear to win? No thanks…seriously…no…

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Overused != Overpowered.

More so, if something is being used a lot, the argument exists that it could be overpowered, but the similarly, the argument also exists that the condition of the rest of the game is forcing the overused option to be utilized.

You can’t just look at one thing and go “it’s being used a lot, it should be nerfed.” It’s a trail that needs to be followed back to find the reasoning behind why something is being used. If classes are using it as their only viable source of condi removal, then maybe that classes inherent condi removal should be increased before the runes are nerfed.

Many classes that are using Runes of Lyssa would prefer to be using better runes for their spec, like higher damage runes, but simply can’t because of the lack of condi removal in a condition heavy meta.

Arguably, the current meta either needs to have condi spam reduced, or condi clear increased, and the use of the runes of lyssa is just a symptom of the meta.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Runes of lyssa are lame.

Fear spam too, just saying…less fears = runes of lyssa nerf, right now they’re probably unbalanced and overused in order to counter an unbalanced and overused mechanic…

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

Let’s be honest here. If you pop a corrupt boon on a thief with Lyssa, they are done or at least forced to retreat, if they were at full health.

That does not mean the effect itself isn’t overpowered. You take the 4th bonus for example and while it states you are granted a random boon, when you activate your heal, you do not get access to all boons with it. (Yes, this is a bug, because when tis set was introduced some effects that are boons today, used to not be boons back then and no this should not be fixed).

I think that Lyssa’s 6th bonus should not grant stability, because if you look at all other rune sets that grant stability (all of one that is; sanctuary), you will see how this is a reactionary effect at 20% health, which is telling a lot about how available developers want stability to be.

Stability only became a boon later on and I do not believe that Lyssa’s 6th is meant to give it, just like Lyssa’s 4th does not.

(edited by Med.6150)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Thieves are so full of crap. Even if lyssa didn’t remove any conditions they’d still use it because with basilisk venom they get all boons for 5 seconds, including aegis.

It’s like a built in save yourselves with a lower cooldown and stability and aegis on top.

Most importantly because you’re using basilisk venom to burst popping that aegis lets you stay offensive as does stability, while allowing much more team fight sustainability via prot.

On a tiny, tiny cd.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Coming from a necro. Even with the “low” cd elites it doesn’t give a meaningful bonus beyond that. The precision is cool the condi duration is eh for most classes that take lyssa runes. It doesn’t need nerfed maybe the FOTM necros just need to figure out when to manipulate them boons into condis instead of rolling the face across the keyboard when they come into a fight.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

..but much like the quickness nerf this would hit warriors the hardest by far, so I suggest you two pipe down before someone takes this thread seriously…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Thieves are so full of crap. Even if lyssa didn’t remove any conditions they’d still use it because with basilisk venom they get all boons for 5 seconds, including aegis.

It’s like a built in save yourselves with a lower cooldown and stability and aegis on top.

Most importantly because you’re using basilisk venom to burst popping that aegis lets you stay offensive as does stability, while allowing much more team fight sustainability via prot.

On a tiny, tiny cd.

Someone else who gets it.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

..but much like the quickness nerf this would hit warriors the hardest by far, so I suggest you two pipe down before someone takes this thread seriously…

Really you think warriors have problems with necros? Seems like a warrior is a pretty hard counter to a necro right now.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

personally i think hes made some very reasonable points all 8 boons and remove all conditions isnt in line with the other skills and especially with elites like basilisk venom having such a short cooldown it really does need to be reworked.

You’re comparing an ability tied to elites that cleanses conditions (heavy in the current meta) and gives 5s of boons at max once per minute to a number of static, always on effects. All boons for 5 seconds can vary wildly from very strong to near useless, depending on the situation you use your elite in – always on effects are…always on.

Being tied to the elite means that at times, you’re blowing your elite just for a condi cleanse – maybe the elites effect won’t help much now… but it had to be done – that’s a fair tradeoff IMO.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

On a tiny, tiny cd.

Someone else who gets it.

Yes, I too would pick one of the very few people who agrees with me in a veritable sea of dissent if I was in your position too – it doesn’t change the fact that the argument is weak, and being picked apart by the majority of responses.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I agree with the OP. Additionally, Thief’s mug from Mesmer needs to be nerfed as well.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You’re comparing an ability tied to elites that cleanses conditions (heavy in the current meta) and gives 5s of boons at max once per minute to a number of static, always on effects. All boons for 5 seconds can vary wildly from very strong to near useless, depending on the situation you use your elite in – always on effects are…always on.

Being tied to the elite means that at times, you’re blowing your elite just for a condi cleanse – maybe the elites effect won’t help much now… but it had to be done – that’s a fair tradeoff IMO.

So you think a 45 cooldown skill which does the following is balanced:

1, Gives you every boon in the game (inc stab) for 5 seconds
2, Cures all conditions on you
3, Gives you the ability to stun a target the next time you hit him.
4, Cast time 1 second

Look at signet of stamina. 1 of those effects on 60s cd. Look at save youselves. Not even 1 of those effects on the same cooldown.

I am gonna put this in op because it proves my point.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree with the OP. Additionally, Thief’s mug from Mesmer needs to be nerfed as well.

Agreed. Espicially as it is bugged and the aegis blocks corrupt boon when it is from this source.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s definitely an overbudget set bonus for certain builds/elites. However, it somewhat polices itself because it’s not game breaking to the point where people will use the set over more synergistic options with their build.

On the flip side, if all elites had short cooldowns and this set bonus was available for more than just a power/crit set, then almost everyone would be wearing it.

Thus, both sides are somewhat right in this thread.

It’s too much for certain builds/professions, but not a game-breaking thing.

I suspect they will eventually increase the IC to something more reasonable.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Guys…
I run condition build, but no cost nothing reaply conditions or wait 5s to burst tons of conditions..
I think the problem are that some condition players want full easily in fight, no making use of strategy, positioning, or even analisis of foe.

Lissa is ok.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

4, Cast time 1 second

Look at signet of stamina. 1 of those effects on 60s cd. Look at save youselves. Not even 1 of those effects on the same cooldown.

I think you are mistaken

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

4, Cast time 1 second

As opposed to an ability that’s always happening, and doesn’t require the use of an elite skill? Yes. You’re going to have to come to grips with that.

Let me paint a simple scenario for you – I get jumped, and they drop a bunch of condi’s on me rapidly. I use BV for Lyssa… Guess what – I just wasted my elite! Basilisk venom on a target at near full or full health with all it’s CD’s and heals is nothing, it’s a clear waste of my elite. How could you not understand that?

There are a ton of situations where Using BV as a condition cleanse means you’re not using BV for its intended purpose, essentially transforming your elite into a condition cleanse, IN ADDITION TO being forced to take precision runes (instead of ones more tailored to your spec, if you don’t need the precision). That’s alot of conditional pieces to such a “broken” rune set.

Save yourselves is an AoE condition pull AND a stun breaker for a class designed to cleanse conditions easily – in what world are you comparing that to Lyssa runes? You do know the value of a stunbreaker, right? Because the above sentence leads me to believe you don’t.

You just don’t like it because you’re a necro, – we get that. You made it abundantly clear when you started crying about Engi’s and Warriors getting skills that counter a condinecro, you just don’t like it when anyone is given tools to stop you from facerolling a win. You’ll get over it, hopefully.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Runes of Lyssa are fine.

@OP: could you stop asking for different nerfs every day? Thank you

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Runes of Lyssa needs an increased ICD. 100+ seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

some ppl in this forum/thread need a huge buff…

…to their sense of reason!

just sain