New PvP dailies too timeconsuming

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think the new dailies are too time consuming, especially the SoloQ ones which are mostly about luck since you obviously cannot queue with a team of your choice. 5 SoloQ wins can take anywhere from 1.5 hours if you have short queue times and win everything to over 4 hours if you get unlucky.
I created this thread because the old one got closed thanks to trolls derailing it.
If you want to keep these achievements please at least consider putting a hard cap on daily achievement points, as suggested here .

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Don’t get them then.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The dailies provide a way for PvP players to get additional achievement points while participating in matches, their preferred method of gameplay. They do create some problems due to players who don’t really care about PvP coming into matches, but they also encourage some new folks to try the activity and maybe become PvP regulars.

They are new achievements and entirely optional, so anyone who doesn’t want to do them can simply ignore them. And there is no need to cap achievement points, in fact doing so would make the achievement “leaderboard” even more meaningless than it already is.

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Old thread closed because of inflammatory comments. Maybe if Anet would have provided a response at all maybe the thread wouldn’t be derailed?

You are trying very hard to make us lose faith in you and your game.
I think you are succeding.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Sure noone has to do all the achievements, but I also do not have to play the game at all. Some people do want to complete everything thought. Some months ago we had a 3 daily tPvP win achievement already, but it got removed because of an outcry in the community. Now they brought it back with 2.5 times the required wins and 4x the achievement points you loose per day you do not do them. Thats 1460 a year. Nothing to sneeze at.
A hardcap for daily achievement points would not make the leaderboard more meaningless, quite the opposite. Long term achievements like the WvW or high PvP ones would finnaly be worth going for. Also it would mean more people could compete because everyone would reach the cap eventually if they keep doing some dailies.
Not to mention there are always bugs and exploits which let you gain additional daily or monthly AP such as this . In the history of GW2 there have been several instances of bugs like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

and you will not change the mind from arenanet by singing your point like a hymn with every post you do – its called spamming

why not just copy paste it?

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

If everyone can reach the finish line, then the only thing that decides who is the best at the competition is who reached the finish line first. If that becomes the case, then the ones that showed up early will always have the advantage.

Asking them to implement achievement point caps is a few steps away from asking them to remove the achievement point leaderboards.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Having dailies give achievement points was always a bad idea. People always asked for a leaderboard with permanent achievement points, but they wont even do that it seems. Its nonsense to have a leaderboard entirely based on how many hours a day you can play each and every day.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Some people do want to complete everything thought.

The problem comes in with people who claim they want to complete everything but actually don’t – rather, they want Arenanet to be restricted from adding new things so they can claim to have completed everything, or they want limits put in to make it easier.

Long term achievements like the WvW or high PvP ones would finnaly be worth going for. Also it would mean more people could compete because everyone would reach the cap eventually if they keep doing some dailies.

It’s already pretty much impossible for a newer player like me to get on the AP grinderboard. Capping the number of points you can get per month would literally grandfather in only those currently there and make it impossible for anyone new to enter.

What you are asking for would be like setting a limit on how fast anyone is allowed to run in a race because you don’t want to exert yourself.

The real solution is to get rid of the grinderboard entirely. This will allow people who really care about achievements as achievements to continue doing them for their own sake, while encouraging the obsessive types to find something more productive to do either in-game or outside it.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I am talking of a hardcap for daily and monthly achievement points so people like you can catch up. Lets say there is a cap for dailies of 10k points, the first people will reach it sometime next year. It gives people like YOU the chance to catch up over time, while the people who reached the cap must concentrate on long term achievements to seperate themselves from others instead of just doing all dailies.
I agree that limiting the daily points per day is a bad solution because it makes catching up harder, but a total hardcap would make it easier.
But this should be discussed in another thread. This one is entirely about the over time consuming new PvP dailies. I could probably complete all the PvE ones twice in the time it takes to do just these 4 new PvP ones.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

What is the point of a “leaderboard” that ends up with hundreds of people all in first place?

And sorry but there’s nothing wrong with the new dailies. They are there to give an extra reward to players who already play matches, and for them, they require no extra time whatsoever. If you don’t want to do them, don’t do them – stop asking for optional features to be removed just because you don’t like them.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

There will never be hundreds of people in first place as long as anet adds new content to the game with new achievements. If that would ever happen it would be clearly anets fault because there would not be enough difficult achievements (which the game lacks currently, only hitting Liadri with 8 orbs could be considered difficult so far).
Most achievements in this game are based on how much time you invest, eg how much gold you farmed for legendaries, cultural armors, killing specific groups of enemies etc. Its just a list of tasks you work off with no skill whatsoever required, just time. JPs can be done with mesmer portals in all cases, dungeon pathes can be bought and fractals be farmed at lvl 1 difficulty.
So I would like Anet to stop with the daily madness and add more very difficult achievements such as the Liadri one or even harder ones.

Since the introduction of the new dailies I went from rank 96 to rank 47 on the leaderboard and climbing. Did I spend more effort than usual on permanent achievements? No. I only did the new PvP dailies almost every day, so a lot top 100 people must have given up already.
Am I proud of raising in the ranks? No, I did not really earn it if my competition gives up because of daily chore burnout.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Woe are the Achievement Point min-maxers who want to over-complete all the line items, past what the daily requires of the player to be easily ‘Completed, 4/4’

If you don’t want to do them, don’t do them – stop asking for optional features to be removed just because you don’t like them.

^Pretty much, this. If you want to be the best nerd point hunter, than hop to it, sparky. You don’t have a legitimate reason for the new dailys being unfair because there are new ways for the best nerd point hunters to elevate themselves above people who find it too time consuming.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

how you can call this competition when there is NO way to pass players before you in leaderboard others than they stop playing?

seriously – this board need to be deleted – nothing good comes from this

AND

why you discuss this here in pvp forum? ye i know new dailies blablabla – but is this not bout complete archievement system now?

in PvP

Chaith.8256

There will never be hundreds of people in first place as long as anet adds new content to the game with new achievements. If that would ever happen it would be clearly anets fault because there would not be enough difficult achievements (which the game lacks currently, only hitting Liadri with 8 orbs could be considered difficult so far).
Most achievements in this game are based on how much time you invest, eg how much gold you farmed for legendaries, cultural armors, killing specific groups of enemies etc. Its just a list of tasks you work off with no skill whatsoever required, just time. JPs can be done with mesmer portals in all cases, dungeon pathes can be bought and fractals be farmed at lvl 1 difficulty.
So I would like Anet to stop with the daily madness and add more very difficult achievements such as the Liadri one or even harder ones.

Since the introduction of the new dailies I went from rank 96 to rank 47 on the leaderboard and climbing. Did I spend more effort than usual on permanent achievements? No. I only did the new PvP dailies almost every day, so a lot top 100 people must have given up already.
Am I proud of raising in the ranks? No, I did not really earn it if my competition gives up because of daily chore burnout.

Ok, so your gripe really isn’t even with the new PvP dailys being time consuming, seeing as you’ve been completing them non-stop and climbing the ranks over many others. Your gripe is with the fact that there aren’t any achievements that are gated by a high degree of coordination & skill, and so you are disappointed with the reality of what it takes to be in the top 100 Achievement Point leaderboards.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I left my WvW guild to have time to do these new dailies. 90% of the time I usually spend in WvW is going into these new dailies now.
What some people are suggesting here is, because the system is not optimal we will make it even worse (either removing leaderboards or keep adding more dailies) instead of improving it to something better (more skill based achievements and hard cap on temporary achievement points, bringing the time it takes to do dailies more in line with others)

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

No, what we are suggesting is that if you have a headache you should stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, rather than lobbying for the sale of hammers to be prohibited.

There’s nothing wrong with the system. There’s something wrong with how you’ve chosen to use it.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

No, what we are suggesting is that if you have a headache you should stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, rather than lobbying for the sale of hammers to be prohibited.

There’s nothing wrong with the system. There’s something wrong with how you’ve chosen to use it.

Yeah. I think we all underestimated how far Achievement Point OCD Maximization could go. Quit all other activities for .. what appears to be an extra 4 Achievement Points a day tied to Solo Queue and Team Queue wins? He has it it bad.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

What is the point of a “leaderboard” that ends up with hundreds of people all in first place?

And sorry but there’s nothing wrong with the new dailies. They are there to give an extra reward to players who already play matches, and for them, they require no extra time whatsoever. If you don’t want to do them, don’t do them – stop asking for optional features to be removed just because you don’t like them.

Just pointing out that what is optional and what is not is in the eye of the beholder. Look at the amount of outcry that ascended gear introduction created. Is ascended optional or not? You could argue that it is but for some people it will be mandatory becouse they will feel they will be loosing the power wars in WvW or dungeons if they dont get it. You could argue all day long and still one side will not convince the other. Same with AP. For some (most) people they are a meaningless number. For some they are the primary motivator to play. That does not mean that AP is the only thing that can make a game good or bad. Bad game will be bad even with AP. But for people like me those AP and collecting them is what motivates us to play a good game for extended period of time. Otherwise I dont see the point becouse the fun factor alone gets old pretty fast. I also collect various garbage in real life. For instance I never buy a digital edition of a video game if I can buy a boxed one. Why? I guess for most people there is no difference. A game is a game. But no. Once I decide to get a game. I want to get that box and put it on the shelve next to all other boxes as it will add up to my collection. If I would get a digital copy, I would feel something is missing. I still keep game boxes I bought in like 1995 and some Amiga games. Most people would probably ask why I keep all that dust-collecting kitten. Well, for what it is worth, it makes me feel better. Even if I know it is meaningless and nobody cares. What does not make me feel better however is some people who cant simply recognize different mindsets of different people. Becouse clearly, if we play a game for a different reason than you, we must be surely insane. Oh well. Internet.

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

why are we still arguing this, all points have been made already multiple times.

Bump it until we get a response and let it end here.
Please.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Just pointing out that what is optional and what is not is in the eye of the beholder. Look at the amount of outcry that ascended gear introduction created. Is ascended optional or not? You could argue that it is but for some people it will be mandatory becouse they will feel they will be loosing the power wars in WvW or dungeons if they dont get it.

Ascended is optional and I do say pretty much the same thing to the people who whine about that. But this is even worse, because ascended armor at least has some impact on gameplay, while AP totals really doesn’t.

This really, truly, honestly is entirely optional, and the only problem is that some folks have warped the AP system into some “obligation” that’s not really there. The solution is for those people to get over it or move on, not have the developers and community have to run in circles so they can pretend to be “great achievers” only by virtue of the number of achievements being restricted.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize the devs don’t really need to comment on this. Their job is to add new content and new options and new ways of getting things, and that’s what they’ve done. If you don’t want to use the new stuff, don’t use it.

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

And the more I think about it, the more I realize the devs don’t really need to comment on this. Their job is to add new content and new options and new ways of getting things, and that’s what they’ve done. If you don’t want to use the new stuff, don’t use it.

They dont have to do anything. They can ignore all pleas and rants. But I am not sure this is a best business model in the long run. Just becouse you think that certain issue is stupid does not mean it is invalid. It is valid for me enough to made me quit playing GW2. If that is not valid, I dont know what is. I was not even asking or demanding a design change. I was merely asking for acknowledgement. If developer dont even want to acknowledge problems of some part (even if small) of the playerbase, that part at least have a reason to be kittenhurt about it.

PS. And to add on the Ascended thing having impact on gameplay as you mentioned. Again, a matter of perspective. I didnt had a full Ascended gear on any character. I would get it eventually but I did not rush with it at all. Simply becouse I came to conlusion that my gold will be better spent on things that will give me more AP. While spending gold on ascended weapon will only increase my damage a bit which I personally dont care about that much if it does not give me AP directly (altought having good gear was nice when trying Liadri 8-orbs). So for me the power of my character was not that important. However I totally understand people for who it means everything. I am open for their voices if it makes their game experience less fun. Too bad some people are not.

(edited by Awe.1096)

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this topic has been discussed extensively already and this thread is not leading to no new or constructive discussion, this thread is locked.