New matchmaking is seriously fantastic

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You’re confused because what you just said has absolutely nothing to do with your previous post. The matches in Ruby are more difficult because there is no way to go down prior to that point. Therefore the beginning of the rank has a ton of unworthy players who grinded through losses.

It has nothing to do with matchmaking, and changing it to “random” wouldnt change what you are complaining about. The only solution to that would be removing the checkpoints and allowing losers to continually fall backwards so their ladder placement is an accurate reflection of where they belong.

It HAS everything to do with what I said previously since ppl who complain being stuck in ruby do so BECAUSE of EXACTLY what you describe. My point was that my team was the difference not my opponent being better than me. And it look like I had a good strong basis to think so.

Also, btw, I already said several times that I was in favor of removing safe guards bcause it would prevent the system from feeding us ppl who clearly should no be where they are.

As for making team randomly I fail to see why anybody would be against that. It’s as fair as can be and would truly highlight individual skills instead of manufacturing it by polarizing MMR. If you are really good why do you need to get it even easier than the rest? At least accept to have the same conditions as all other players. Sometimes you will be paired with people better than you, sometimes with ppl equal to you and sometimes with ppl worse than you. But if you are the best, all others will always be worse than you and you will still reach the top anyway right? So, what is the problem since when you reach that top only players who have also made it out there like you will play with you? I truly do not see any solid argumentation going against that. I really smell a lot more like I want to keep my privileges.

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

It HAS everything to do with what I said previously since ppl who complain being stuck in ruby do so BECAUSE of EXACTLY what you describe. My point was that my team was the difference not my opponent being better than me. And it look like I had a good strong basis to think so.

No, it doesn’t. The problem would exist regardless of the matchmaking system. No matter how games are chosen, the beginning of ruby will have a very wide skill range for the reasons already discussed. It is an irrelevant point when discussing matchmaking.

I already answered the cons of random matchmaking, I’m not doing it again if you have nothing further to contribute.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How is it irrelevant if I said I was in favor of removing safe guards? You are making no sense here nor providing any counter points to what I actually said.

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

How is it irrelevant

The problem youre citing would exist regardless of the matchmaking system. No matter how games are chosen, the beginning of ruby will have a very wide skill range for the reasons already discussed.

I think we are done here.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How is it irrelevant

The problem youre citing would exist regardless of the matchmaking system. No matter how games are chosen, the beginning of ruby will have a very wide skill range for the reasons already discussed.

I think we are done here.

Nice dodge. I guess it means we are done indeed.