New melee pet archetype....

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Disable it in pvp. For one, it’s useless in wvw — the zerg aoe will hit it regardless of how it positions.

I can’t count the amount of times the kitten pet has wasted time trying to get behind a player instead of just hitting them when he gets to them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

This is hilarious seeing how beastmater ranger is one of the most OP specs in the game right now.

in PvP

Zenith.7301

This is hilarious seeing how beastmater ranger is one of the most OP specs in the game right now.

Here’s a little secret — every single ranger spec relies on the pet, not only those BM bunkers you’re kitten ed about losing to in a 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

AOE DAMAGE TOO STRONG!

So my jaguar hits for 4k crit on a glass cannon spec while I wear soldier amulet… So does an ele with burning speed or even higher with fire grab or churning earth. Not to mention, all those skills are also aoe while the pet’s is just 1 target.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

how does it even detect when it has a player’s attention? when it’s being targeted?

AOE DAMAGE TOO STRONG!

So my jaguar hits for 4k crit on a glass cannon spec while I wear soldier amulet… So does an ele with burning speed or even higher with fire grab or churning earth. Not to mention, all those skills are also aoe while the pet’s is just 1 target.

ever used a river drake?

in PvP

Zenith.7301

how does it even detect when it has a player’s attention? when it’s being targeted?

AOE DAMAGE TOO STRONG!

ever used a river drake?

If you get hit by the river drake’s 2 second windup tail swipe, you are a MORON.

The drake literally winds his tail back and roots himself in place before doing it, and because the drake has kitten poor precisions like wolves and any pet that isn’t a raven or cat, at best their autoattacks regularly hit for 800-900 damage noncrit.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

AOE DAMAGE TOO STRONG!

ever used a river drake?

If you get hit by the river drake’s 2 second windup tail swipe, you are a MORON.

The drake literally winds his tail back and roots himself in place before doing it, and because the drake has kitten poor precisions like wolves and any pet that isn’t a raven or cat, at best their autoattacks regularly hit for 800-900 damage noncrit.

tail swipe is not restricted to the river drake, and it hits 5 targets for about 2000 damage with a 1.25 cast time

i’m talking about lightning breath; it hits 15 times for about 900 damage each

also their auto-attack cleaves

(edited by Lumpy.8760)

in PvP

Zenith.7301

AOE DAMAGE TOO STRONG!

ever used a river drake?

tail swipe is not restricted to the river drake, and it hits 5 targets for about 2000 damage with a 1.25 cast time

also their auto-attack cleaves

Tail swipe is restricted to any drake. In any pet it has a telltale animation and people know that as soon as you switch the drake in, its AI will tell it to use it.

Lightning Breath is still a projectile channel, which you can dodge through or reflect like any channel or projectile, and it bounces — it doesn’t cleave.

The supposedly hardhitting drake autoattack cleave is 800 damage per autoattack, or basically half of what a bunker ele does with lightninglash.

The only pets that do any sort of spiky, hardhitting damage are the raven and the jaguar. The raven in turn has horrible sustained DPS and the jaguar has serious uptime issues due to its attack range on a moving target.

P.S. It’s 5 projectiles for Lightning Breath. The only time it may hit someone 15 times is when there are 15 people bunched around. And guess what? BM bunkers don’t do team fights to begin with — most of their encounters are 1v1’s or 1v2 until help arrives.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Even with 5 projectiles, the skill does a total of 4,375 damage, plus bounces on anybody nearby. And this is on a 30-second cooldown to supplement your other damage that you’re dealing (and the cooldown can be reduced, too). That’s some pretty good spike.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Misinformation, again. How unusual. I would love to see the river drake hit targets with his breath for almost 15k, lol…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Even with 5 projectiles, the skill does a total of 4,375 damage, plus bounces on anybody nearby. And this is on a 30-second cooldown to supplement your other damage that you’re dealing (and the cooldown can be reduced, too). That’s some pretty good spike.

It’s a decent aoe spike yes, but one that’s next to impossible to land due to the attack being kitten -slow…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Zenith.7301

A channel that long and obvious is not spike. Ever.

The other damage you’re doing is called axe skill #2 and torch #4 — anything else is paltry and the pet IS the ranger’s damage.

Ricochet (axe auto) hits for 197 damage on a BM bunker on shaman ele. The mainhand sword hits for 200-250 damage per attack.

I don’t think people realize how bad the damage is on a ranger himself outside pets or traps. It’s the very reason berserker builds for rangers or knight builds for rangers simply aren’t run.

A bunker ele can do competitive damage to a BM bunker and yet all their damage cleaves, and they offer far greater utility to their team.